As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Bob Saget [chat]

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    ebgIbJ2l.jpg

HAHA I HAVE TENURE

• spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Quid wrote: »
    Mass Effect 2 wasn't a critical success with ordinary gamers either; they called it "filler" and said it was "uninspiring."

hahaha what?

ME2 wasn't popular with people who subscribe to his blog.

0% of gamers in my household played it. 100% of gamers in my household did buy it for $5 though.

• So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Greeper wrote: »
    Anyone who identifies as an SJW can't really be offended when they're lumped in with people who invent new gender pronouns for their alternate personalities.

uh, why not?

I fucking hate that caring about something suddenly makes me the same as an idiot of tumblr and therefore my opinion just as easy to dismiss

• TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    -Gooey

How much gasoline can I hoard in my microwave and still make Ramen?

Are there other appliances or furnitures that can also hold gasoline so that I may profit maximally off these low prices such as my bathtub or refrigerator?

here's an idea!: seal your doors and windows, and just fill your apartment with gasoline

live in the gasoline
    okay sounds like a good plan

Remember, it's just the fumes that are dangerous so as long as it's completely full it's totally safe

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    assuming he was joking, you people piling on doodman have all made joke posts along the lines of "X is the worst" where X is actually a good thing before

Tensions are high right now because Poe's Law has been activated indefinitely by the New World Internet Government

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I like lizards a lot but I don't want to own one

Because they feel no love and who wants to buy sacks of crickets to feed your emotionless lizard

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2014
    Anyone who identifies as an SJW can't really be offended when they're lumped in with people who invent new gender pronouns for their alternate personalities.

Can people who complain about them be offended when they get lumped in with racists and dog murderers?

Bogart on
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    I like lizards a lot but I don't want to own one

Because they feel no love and who wants to buy sacks of crickets to feed your emotionless lizard

my headmate's mother was a lizard how dare you

919UOwT.png
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    "SJW" is fucking anathema
    I'd like to see an edict about it.
    If we can't say rethuglicans and be shitty and cursory on political discourse, SJW falls into that regime.

It is lazy.

I'km pretty sure that you... *looks in the political threads*

yep you can make up a shitty nickname for basically anyone to the right of Obama and you're in the clear.

• rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular
    Ha, old boy threw a fire axe at me today.

Like, I asked for it and the moment that it left his hand he knew that a horrible mistake had been made.

I got out of the way in time but even if it had hit me I think I wouldn't have traded him for the embarrassment.

• GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »

uh, why not?

I fucking hate that caring about something suddenly makes me the same as an idiot of tumblr and therefore my opinion just as easy to dismiss

Well it'd be like if I identified as a gamegater and then complained that people automatically assume I'm a shitty person.

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular

uh, why not?

I think this is a joke about how people say it's gamergaters fault they get lumped in with abusive rape threatening crazies

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart farty farty farty farty party farty

poo
    that breitbart review goes on and on about gays and lesbians when there is one lesbian and one homosexual guy in your party in dragon age inquisition

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Pigs are good pets until you accidentally leave one out in the yard for 20 minutes unsupervised and it grows tusks and gains 400 pounds, breaks through your fence and runs off to terrorize the neighborhood.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    ebgIbJ2l.jpg

HAHA I HAVE TENURE

Could have just been Halloween, too. I do love to dress up to teach my classes on Halloween.

sig.gif
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Is a bread maker good as a gift?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

a good breadmaker is a god tier thing to have

most breadmakers are shit and good ones are pretty expensive

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    "SJW" is fucking anathema
    I'd like to see an edict about it.
    If we can't say rethuglicans and be shitty and cursory on political discourse, SJW falls into that regime.

It is lazy.

I'km pretty sure that you... *looks in the political threads*

yep you can make up a shitty nickname for basically anyone to the right of Obama and you're in the clear.
    So you can make up a shitty nickname for no one, because Obama is a republican now, according to D&D chat threads! :D

It's not that you're right of Obama. It's because you smell like poop. And your poop smells. Like poop.

Umm. Yeah.

I liked this thread better when it was accidentally the Uber thread.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    that breitbart review goes on and on about gays and lesbians when there is one lesbian and one homosexual guy in your party in dragon age inquisition

And a couple bisexuals.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular

Depends on the person you're buying it for, and specifically whether they enjoy baking and don't already have one.

I love fresh-baked bread and baking in general, but I already own one, so it would suck as a gift for me.

sig.gif
  • cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    Several right wing butt-groups including Breitbart and the Not Feminist Alliance found that they could pander to the GamerGate community on a bunch of stuff. I think they are still trying to milk it.

People mad at the SJW HATERZ might be fertile ground for right wingers hoping to catch some young voters.

Well lets be honest, SJWs are the worst.

They aren't. They plainly aren't. Some of them can be annoying sometimes. Now take a look at the people you are allying yourself with by saying this nonsense.

wait, I took that "Well lets be honest, SJWs are the worst." as a joke. Like people saying "cats are the worst" or whatevs.

are you people saying that, based on previous posts, @Doodmann might be serious about that?

He's probably serious based on post history, but I doubt he realizes the association that is rapidly building around the statement. Because I'll be honest, a month or so ago, I was complaining about SJWs. People on a hare trigger on Tumblr, complaining about perceived injustices in a less than earnest manner. Putting down and berating would-be allies because they didn't get their language exactly right.

But the situation has changed. A reprehensible, organized, sexist, homophobic, regressive movement is forming to oppose anything they call "SJW" and I'm not gonna have a fucking part in that, no way in hell.

Over zealous folks who push a very specific view of social matters around like a blunt weapon then. Sometimes those folks go way to far. I'm proably gonna continue to hold that opinion. And just some asshole holds a similar opinion (for wildly different reasons) doesn't mean I'm gonna hold off on saying what I think.

Just like because some asshole like the Amazing Athiest says christians are shit in the most obnoxious manner possible doesn't mean I'm gonna stop critisizing the issues I see with religion.

• TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular

uh, why not?

Well it'd be like if I identified as a gamegater and then complained that people automatically assume I'm a shitty person.

Yeah but isn't the relevant difference that social justice is generally accepted to be a noble goal and gamer gate was a shitty smear campaign?

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

It's an "only if they ask" type gift, like a vacuum cleaner or new muffler.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    that reminds me, I should eat something today more substantial than more coffee

oh man I am gonna have to quit caffeine for a week or two to reset me tolerance cause I have got up to pretty high dosage the last couple weeks. I think its like 5 just to hold off the headaches now.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    I just look for any excuse to mock James Desborough and that stupid fucking hat.

a truly noble cause

fuck gendered marketing
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    TTODewback wrote: »
    But cats really are the worst.
    The best cats are the ones that are odd in the head and think they are dogs.

let's be honest. cats are the second-best pet.

every other pet besides cats and dogs are various admixtures of bizarre, pointless or cruel.

ferrets are awesome if they didnt fucking smell so bad.
    also if they didnt have a tendency to get themselves killed if let loose without supervision.

And pygmy hippos make excellent pets in my imagination.

some people sat that pygmy pigs are great pets

but i have a hard time trusting them because they are the sorts of people to own pygmy pigs

Wqdwp8l.png
    edited December 2014

a good breadmaker is a god tier thing to have

most breadmakers are shit and good ones are pretty expensive

http://www.walmart.com/ip/36775391

It's got pretty good reviews on amazon

, some bad ones though. She wants to bake bread but doesn't want to do it the old fashioned way.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular

I've heard the best route to financial security is to make a lot of bread, so it seems like it.

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Mazzyx wrote: »

And a couple bisexuals.
    You meet a few non-party NPCs that identify as homosexual or bisexual. There is even a scandalous (gasp!) cross-racial lesbian relationship in a prominent quest later on.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
    Mazzyx wrote: »

And a couple bisexuals.

I guess so, but iirc there's 2? gay sex scenes in the game, and one post coitus gender irrespective scene

he complains that the sera sex scene is unrealistic because they're having sex and joking instead of bitterly staring at each other across a table like lesbians do

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Irond Will wrote: »
    like, cats are far worse pets than dogs in just about every metric

but the distance between cats and dogs is miniscule compared to the distance between cats and whatever the next-best thing is

My ferret is just as affectionate as any dog or cat how dare you. You get used to the smell eventually.

He has only eaten two or three baby fingers.

my college roommate kept a ferret pet in our dorm room and mostly ignored it.

its cage would fill with poop and the poor thing would sleep all day and rattle his cage all night

everything smelled all the time

how awful.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Frankly a large percentage of people in this so-called liberal echo chamber would have been against Rosa Parks, judging by present attitudes.

uh, why not?

haha, no

because I DONT identify as a "SJW" I identify as someone who cares about social justice issues

it would be like someone saying "I'm upset about paid positive video game reviews and poor game journalism" and you said "oh lol you're a GG person you shouldn't be listened to"

Yeah she definitely asked.

Thinking about getting a slicing guide and a breadbox too to complete the ensemble.

• TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

Speaking of vacuum cleaners I just got a dyson

It is delightful and terrifying at the same time -- apparently my carpets were FILTHY and my old vac didn't do a goddamn thing.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
    Echo wrote: »

if there's one person who isn't a libertarian icon, it's James Bond.

Queen and country and all.

Echo wrote: »

if there's one person who isn't a libertarian icon, it's James Bond.

Queen and country and all.

A 21st century patriot, jaysus. He's basically captain britain.

y2jake215 wrote: »

uh, why not?

I think this is a joke about how people say it's gamergaters fault they get lumped in with abusive rape threatening crazies

hm I clearly do not understand the joke

This discussion has been closed.