As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PA Comic] Monday, December 15, 2014 - Southron Swords, Part One

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited December 2014 in The Penny Arcade Hub

image[PA Comic] Monday, December 15, 2014 - Southron Swords, Part One

Southron Swords, Part One

Southron Swords, Part One

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2014/12/15

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    SpinelesSSpinelesS Registered User regular
    Speech Bubbles incorrect in the first panel? Seems like whoever the pressure is on changes from panel 1 - panel 2

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    The pressure's on both of them. It's why Tycho asked Gabe.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    They finally worked out a storyline to use the "My diiiiiiick" last panel from 2009.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I feel like the speech bubbles are switched though. Normally Gabe is the one who is naive or ignorant about things. Seems odd that Tycho's the one who's got it wrong about the procedure. I would think it would be the other way around under most circumstances.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I feel like the speech bubbles are switched though. Normally Gabe is the one who is naive or ignorant about things. Seems odd that Tycho's the one who's got it wrong about the procedure. I would think it would be the other way around under most circumstances.

I don't think he's wrong? He's the one who said its a regular juicer. And equated that with the pressure being on.

• Options
    JormungandrJormungandr Registered User regular
    I think the wording in the first panel would be a little clearer if it were "...increased at your house, too?"

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »

I don't think he's wrong? He's the one who said its a regular juicer. And equated that with the pressure being on.

I'm talking about the kit part. About how Tycho is the one who says his wife got a kit, and Gabe is the one who said there isn't a kit for that. It just seems backwards. I feel like Gabe is generally the more impressionable one, and would be more likely to believe that such a kit exists.

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Is that a Destiny and Dragon Age: Inquisition hoodie that they are wearing?

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    I think the wording in the first panel would be a little clearer if it were "...increased at your house, too?"

THIS IS IT

PENNY ARCADE IS FINISHED

• Options
    SpectralTimeSpectralTime Registered User new member
    ...Wait, Part One?

I don't know whether to laugh and cheer or *wince*.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Is that a Destiny and Dragon Age: Inquisition hoodie that they are wearing?

Yes they are and I so want one :(

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »

I'm talking about the kit part. About how Tycho is the one who says his wife got a kit, and Gabe is the one who said there isn't a kit for that. It just seems backwards. I feel like Gabe is generally the more impressionable one, and would be more likely to believe that such a kit exists.

To which Tycho says "that's what she called it, anyway". He knows it ain't one.

• Options
    mare_imbriummare_imbrium Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    A juicer isn't necessary. A broken bottle and a soldering iron would get the job done.

(yes, I have a rather high energy toddler, why do you ask?)

(disclaimer: he had it done the right way. He was totally on board. Getting him to schedule the analysis to make sure it actually worked, on the other hand...)

mare_imbrium on
    v2zAToe.jpg
    Wii: 4521 1146 5179 1333 Pearl: 3394 4642 8367 HG: 1849 3913 3132
  • Options
    SlothboySlothboy Registered User regular
    Is this the part where we start sharing vasectomy stories?

• Options
    JortalusJortalus Registered User regular
    Nice touch on the Destiny hoodie.

• Options
    OddfishOddfish On opposite weeks In odd numbered monthsRegistered User regular
    Everyone's talking about word bubbles and vasectomies.

I'm just staring at that mullet embryo stirring behind Gabe's ears.

• Options
    Robotic DraconianRobotic Draconian Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Not gonna lie, it took me a minute to figure out the joke about the home kit.

Also, loving the Destiny hoodie. Have no idea what Tycho's hoodie is all about though.

Robotic Draconian on
  • Options
    GDT1985GDT1985 Registered User regular
    I think Tycho's hoodie is the Inquisition symbol from Dragon Age.

Also I'm not sure you can call Gabe's hair a mullet, what with the crazy bangs he has.

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Slothboy wrote: »
    Is this the part where we start sharing vasectomy stories?

"It turned inside out, and then exploded?!"

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2014
    Okay I clearly interpreted this comic differently from everyone else. I read this as Tycho talking in a roundabout way about his wife monitoring her fertility using a fertility monitor/ovulation kit to try to get pregnant and getting into it is making him think of going the vasectomy route, and Gabe thinking he's still talking about a vasectomy through the rest of the comic. Which is way funnier to me.

ceres on
    And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn