As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Now I have a [movies] thread, ho ho ho

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky8R9DNpEvw

Listen to this short clip of Paul F. Tompkins on Doug Loves Movies from almost 3 years ago before you click on this spoiler

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Lemme just
    Yeah let me just load up this Deus Ex soundtrack here
    Now where are those sunglasses

I never asked for this.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Lemme just

I never asked for this.

What a shame.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Yeah, rip

• Options
    Okay guys good job well done

• Options
    Thorn413Thorn413 Registered User regular
    Lemme just

Really you should have just sprung for those surgically implanted sunglasses, pretty hard to misplace those.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    There has never been a good deus ex game

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Another Classic Chincy Terrible Opinion*

*PATENT PENDING

• Options

Man it is weird how you got the numbers "zero" and "two" mixed up
    So weird

• Options
    Thorn413Thorn413 Registered User regular

I'm actually kind of curious about this. Was there anything particular about the game play or story that turned you off of Deus Ex or did it just not appeal to you on some deep level?

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Eh, I felt like Deus Ex HR had good parts but overall was boring and was a stuggle to get through.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Thorn413 wrote: »

I'm actually kind of curious about this. Was there anything particular about the game play or story that turned you off of Deus Ex or did it just not appeal to you on some deep level?

I think they play extremely poorly

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options

Man it is weird how you got the numbers "zero" and "two" mixed up
    So weird

I have the reaction to how Human Revolution plays that you have to how dark souls plays

meaning I put that disc in the garbage

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular

Your face has never been a good Deus Ex game.
    I think they play extremely poorly

I'll play your face poorly!
    meaning I put that disc in the garbage

I'll put your face in the garbage!
    Man, you are on fire today, John Dorian.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Personally I had lots of fun playing Tap a Guy on the Shoulder and Punch Him Out When He Turns Around.

• Options
    Killed it, darth

• Options
    Personally I had lots of fun playing Tap a Guy on the Shoulder and Punch Him Out When He Turns Around.

twice

then you had to find batteries

for your...

punches?

• Options
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular

twice

for your...

punches?

Oh well yeah, the batteries thing was dumb

It's a dumb thing about an otherwise good game though

• Options
    I don't think anybody would disagree that the battery system was fucked

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Killed it, darth

Don't ever leave me, Chincy.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular

twice

for your...

punches?

Well you do have electronic arms.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    http://www.theverge.com/2014/12/16/7401769/the-mpaa-wants-to-strike-at-dns-records-piracy-sopa-leaked-documents

In addition to pushing for legislation to force isp providers to more aggressively block copyright violations, they are also trying to get legislation that would allow them to delist the DNS record of any site they deem an offender, effectively erasing the site from existence and breaking the way the Internet currently functions.

• Options
    Langly wrote: »
    http://www.theverge.com/2014/12/16/7401769/the-mpaa-wants-to-strike-at-dns-records-piracy-sopa-leaked-documents

In addition to pushing for legislation to force isp providers to more aggressively block copyright violations, they are also trying to get legislation that would allow them to delist the DNS record of any site they deem an offender, effectively erasing the site from existence and breaking the way the Internet currently functions.

There is literally no way that would happen

That would be giving the MPAA the right to force private hosting corporations to alter their data at the expense of their customers

No way that legislation passes

• Options

That would be giving the MPAA the right to force private hosting corporations to alter their data at the expense of their customers

The legal argument is that DNS is just a directory like a link in a search, which it basically is, and that they can already do the same thing for YouTube videos and sites showing up in searches in that arena. YouTube will take a video down at the hint of a copyright complaint, and their argument is this is no different

• Options
    Slacker71Slacker71 subgenius RentonRegistered User regular

I could pass, but you would just end up with nobody using the "official" DNS anymore.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

Well they'll have a hard time doing it now.

Not that they'll give up. If they drop Goliath, they'll try another tack before long.

• Options
    Slacker71 wrote: »

I could pass, but you would just end up with nobody using the "official" DNS anymore.

Right, but that's going to be the route for like a minimal section of users who are savvy enough for that

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Youtube taking down videos isn't a legal requirement (it's not a requirement by law). But it does help prevent youtube getting into legal trouble (they could get sued). As far as I remember anyway, I could be wrong.

• Options
    SixshotStrikerSixshotStriker Registered User regular

Thank you. I was feeling down but this just made my day :D

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular

Look up some of the batshit insane stuff the MPAA tried to pull when VHS hit the market

They're always a) behind the times b) overzealous c) overlitigious and d) wildly ineffective at halting the progress of technology

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »
    So what I'm hearing is that I should wait on seeing Into the Woods

that Christmas Day is a bad day to take my family to the movies

you shouldn't see movies on Christmas Day because making people work on Christmas is awful

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular

Look up some of the batshit insane stuff the MPAA tried to pull when VHS hit the market

They're always a) behind the times b) overzealous c) overlitigious and d) wildly ineffective at halting the progress of technology

The best part of that, was who defeated them, Mr. Rogers

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options

you shouldn't see movies on Christmas Day because making people work on Christmas is awful

I mean unless they're the 70% of humanity who doesn't care about christmas

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular

Working on Christmas ain't so bad

Double pay, everyone's super nice to you out of pity, and business tends to be slow and easy

It's not ideal, but it's hardly awful

• Options
    edited December 2014

That's true, but the current ability of cable companies to effect legal changes to the Internet is not heartening.

Vhs tapes are easy to understand. Most legislators don't even know how the Internet, at a basic level, works.

Langly on
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Also

No Fred Rogers this time... :(

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Who do we even have as the closest approximate to Fred Rogers?

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular

As a Jew, shhhhhhhhhh

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Who do we even have as the closest approximate to Fred Rogers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BThRZbCs-p8

6F32U1X.png
This discussion has been closed.