As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[pbp] [5E] Lost Mines of Phandelver

167891012»

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    I could drop a Fog Cloud that would heavily obscure the whole area. Does Darkvision pierce fog? Would that put us at too much a disadvantage too?

• Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    sigrid, from your hidden perch you notice that klarg has been slowly moVing towards the chimney on the left.

• Options
    DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    With no way to communicate with the group, Sigrid takes it on faith that her companions will join the battle. With a twist of her body, she flings a shot of sticky webbing at Klarg.

From my hidden perch, I will Web him. Hope everyone was ready to charge in with swords blazing!

Geth, roll 1d20+5;1d20+5 for Web (with Advantage).

Web (with Advantage):
    1d20+5 19 [1d20=14]
    1d20+5 18 [1d20=13]

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    JPants wrote: »
    I could drop a Fog Cloud that would heavily obscure the whole area. Does Darkvision pierce fog? Would that put us at too much a disadvantage too?

I don't believe Darkvision pierces fog. Although Bright Light/Dim Light/Darkness have corresponding levels of No Obscurement/Light Obscurement/Heavy Obscurement, they are different mechanics, as you can have Obscurement from sources other than Darkness.

In an unrelated note, Rally Ho!

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I plan on dropping a sleep on the largest cluster of goblins as soon as we're made aware of the Web shenanigans.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    The Bugbear is webbed!

map6_zpsf1f7e26a.png

Since it's been a while, list your initiative or reroll (i don't care which you do).

No one is suprised, and everyone has now noticed the spider on the ceiling (no longer hidden).

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Where would it be listed? Otherwise:

E: Found it, it was from the beginning of the thread. We'd be on encounter 4 now? So that's 17 for me.

Geth roll 1d20+4 for Okane's New Initiative

Okane's New Initiative:
    1d20+4 6 [1d20=2]

silence1186 on
  • Options
    Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 1d20+3 for Dray's New Init

Dray's New Init:
    1d20+3 18 [1d20=15]

• Options

Geth, roll 1d20+3 for new initiative, Lash

new initiative, Lash:
    1d20+3 14 [1d20=11]

• Options
    geth roll 1d20+3

1d20+3 16 [1d20=13]

• Options
    edited December 2014
    anyone who has an old or new initiative (again your choice basically getting advantage on initiative, lol) that is above 16 may go. I will post an update tomorrow night that looks better.

bugbear.jpg

belligerent on
  • Options
    Hearing the Bugbear's cry upon being webbed, Dray darts forward, attempting to get into position to take a shot.

Dray moves to the space three squares north of Sigrid, alongside the pool. If she's got LOS to that goblin on top of the stairs, she'll take the shot; if not, she'll cast true strike on said goblin in preparation for next round.

Geth, roll 1d20+7 for *twang!*

*twang!*:
    1d20+7 27 [1d20=20]

• Options
    Forgot to roll damage. Woohoo crits!

Geth, roll 2d10+3 for *thunk!*

*thunk!*:
    2d10+3 13 [2d10=5, 5]

• Options
    Okane runs towards the room, playing a tune to inspire Lash. He then swaps his musical instrument for a far deadlier instrument, and fires a crossbow bolt at the web covered Bugbear.

Grant Bardic Inspiration to Lash ( @jpants ). Reminder @denada, you have it as well still. Move to the stairs, one square north of the spider. Attack the Bugbear with a crossbow.

Geth roll 2d20+5;1d8+3 for Attacking a Restrained target and Piercing damage

Attacking a Restrained target and Piercing damage:
    2d20+5 25 [2d20=4, 16]
    1d8+3 9 [1d8=6]

• Options
    That is not how you roll.

Geth roll 2d20k1+5 for Actually how you roll with Advantage

Actually how you roll with Advantage:
    2d20k1+5 16 [2d20k1=[11], 2]

• Options
    Geth, roll 1d20+3 for Spidernitiative

Spidernitiative:
    1d20+3 10 [1d20=7]

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    With the battle engaged, and the much larger goblinoid loudly decrying its current state of being encased in a pile of webbing, Myriil rounds the corner, his free hand already busy tracing sigils in the air. Peering past the webs to spot the other denizens of the small cave, the elf chooses a point somewhere in the back of the cave, and tosses a small pinch of flower petals from the pouch at his belt. The petals swirl about as if caught in a spring breeze, flowing quickly past each of the goblins and the bugbear and seeming to cause their eyelids to droop and sag, heavy with an enticing aroma of whatever it might be that goblins find relaxing.

My initiative for encounter #4 was 20. Moving 2 squares north of Sigrid so I have line of sight, I'll cast Sleep far enough into the room to affect everything in there that isn't Sigrid (it has a 20 ft radius). Sleep will affect a number of hit points that our lovely overlord assigns to me, in the order of creatures being affected that have the lowest hit points first before moving onto the next.

Geth, roll 5d8 for Sleepy Hit Points

Sleepy Hit Points:
    5d8 25 [5d8=7, 2, 5, 5, 6]

Characters
  • Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 1d20+3 Initiative

Initiative:
    1d20+3 20 [1d20=17]

• Options
    Polk shuffles forward and tries to pick off the Bugbear with his crossbow, attempting to keep himself hidden for the attack.

Geth, roll 1d20+5;1d6+3 Crossbow Attack

In case you want me to roll stealth again...

Geth, roll 1d20+5;1d6 Stealth and Sneak Attack

Crossbow Attack:
    1d20+5 12 [1d20=7]
    1d6+3 5 [1d6=2]
    Stealth and Sneak Attack:
    1d20+5 18 [1d20=13]
    1d6 4 [1d6=4]

• Options
    Don't forget that the bugbear is Restrained, which means attacks against him have Advantage.

• Options
    Geth, roll 1d20+5 Advantage!

That's what I get for skimming the thread.

Advantage!:
    1d20+5 18 [1d20=13]

• Options
    I nominate the Spider for Team Leader (or Team Mascot, either or).

• Options
    Denada wrote: »
    Don't forget that the bugbear is Restrained, which means attacks against him have Advantage.

Also, if any of them manage to fall asleep, attacks within 5 ft of them are automatic critical hits (if you hit) on top of having advantage.

Characters
  • Options
    I need to apologize. A family member is very ill and had to have emergency kidney surgery. They removed most of it.

I'm going to be honest. I don't think I can put much effort into this as I'm away from my computer a lot right now. I will post again once I have more news and a timetable for picking back up.

• Options
    I hope they're okay!

Characters
  • Options
    Hope things turn out alright. Wishing your family a speedy recovery.

• Options
    Take your time, man. Health issues are the absolute worst. Especially this time of year.

Our thoughts are with you and yours.

• Options
    That sucks; all my best wishes for a quick recovery.