As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[ROGUELIKES] Dwarf Fortress, Liberal Crime Squad...oh my !

Shorty_LVShorty_LV Registered User regular
edited April 2014 in Games and Technology
lcsxe5.png
Roguelike is a sub-genre of role-playing video games, characterized by random level generation, tile-based graphics and permanent death, and typically based on a high fantasy narrative setting. Roguelikes descend from the 1980 game Rogue, particularly mirroring Rogue's character- or sprite-based graphics, turn-based gameplay that gives the player the time to plan each move, and high fantasy setting.

LCSLP037-54.jpg
Games
Dwarf Fortress
Liberal Crime Squad
World War 1 Medic
The Hunger Games
Rogue Station
And many more !

As you can see, the games contains tons of ASCII text as character replacements. It might be a bit difficult to get started, but climb the ropes ( and the how to videos ) and you should be rolling down the ASCII valley. Patience, imagination and lots of restarting.

ASCII.png
dred4.jpg

Shorty_LV on

• Options
    Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Love Liberal Crime Squad, and am glad to see that it's going to get another batch of updates soon. Really hope they finish Gearhead 2.

I mean, it's winnable, and pretty damn good, but I want to see what else was planned for it.

Edith Upwards on
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    Wait, what? LCS is getting updated?! Aaargh, noooooooooo now I'll have to re-learn how to brainwash politicians and stab security guards in the back of the neck with a knife all over again.

Is time a gift or punishment?