As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

All Dogs Go To Heaven (And Taste Delicious) [movies]

WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
edited December 2014 in Social Entropy++
WeedLordVegeta on

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Elf is the best Christmas movie.

Die Hard is also acceptable.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    muppet christmas carol is the best one but it's not like you're that wrong

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Shouldn't a Larry the Cable Guy XMas Movie be called

Jingoism All the Way

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    The Proposition is the best Christmas/Summer break movie and everyone knows it.

the sandra bullock/ryan reynolds movie? I mean, okay, if you say so

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Oh hey, holiday movies!

I just watched Scrooged for the first time!

I had actually been feeling a depressing lack of Christmas spirit, and that movie seemed to help alleviate that, so 10/10

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    @Feriluce‌

What terrible state do you live in? I worked at a theater a couple of years back, and we got holiday pay. For some reason I thought Christmas pay was, like, federally mandated, but I guess that sounds a bit weird now that I type it out.

We also got paid a little extra for working garbage nights like Twilight midnight premieres, which was very much appreciated.

I still hated that job.

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Oh hey, holiday movies!

I just watched Scrooged for the first time!

I had actually been feeling a depressing lack of Christmas spirit, and that movie seemed to help alleviate that, so 10/10

Scrooged also had the best Christmas movie within a movie, The Night the Reindeer Died.

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Can this also be the regular movies thread cuz I really only just heard about all that wacky North Korea hacking Sony and threatening to crash durigibles into our cinemas and I was rather shocked.

And then amused because holy shit is North Koreans easy to piss off like wow.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Can this also be the regular movies thread

It already was.

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Can this also be the regular movies thread

It already was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b5aW08ivHU

I think if you're a part time worker, holiday pay isn't mandatory

• FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    (the third act of elf is bad + boring)

• Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    depends on what state you are working in

the state of georgia feels like you should be grateful to get paid at all as a part-time employee.

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Can this also be the regular movies thread cuz I really only just heard about all that wacky North Korea hacking Sony and threatening to crash durigibles into our cinemas and I was rather shocked.

Is there actually any evidence to support it being NK and not just some troll based in the US?

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Like why didn't NK hack whoever made the South Park movie?

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    There's no evidence of it necessarily, but... I mean...

A decisive argument. I'm convinced.

• Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Heat Miser for life, fuck Snow Miser.

Also why does ABC Family play every goddamn Harry Potter as part of the 25 Days of Christmas, those Christmas scenes last all of five minutes if that.

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

snarky smof

smarky

no wait that's a wrestling thing

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular

snarky smof

smarky

no wait that's a wrestling thing

Snarky smof = Snarf

3basnids3lf9.jpg

You've revealed my true form. Finally, I'm free!

Screenshot_Snarf.jpg

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

I was under the impression that it was people protesting the movie for making light of a terrible dictatorship. I doubt NK has hackers I mean Im sure they have people who look like movie hackers typing away on apple 2s for great rulers benefit but China wouldnt let them have real ones.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    My only problem with saying this is an act from North Korea is that means I'm saying anyone in North Korea is competent.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Feriluce‌

What terrible state do you live in? I worked at a theater a couple of years back, and we got holiday pay. For some reason I thought Christmas pay was, like, federally mandated, but I guess that sounds a bit weird now that I type it out.

We also got paid a little extra for working garbage nights like Twilight midnight premieres, which was very much appreciated.

I still hated that job.

Conversely, I find it really weird that holiday pay is not federally mandated.

edited December 2014
    Blake T wrote: »
    Feriluce‌

I still hated that job.

Conversely, I find it really weird that holiday pay is not federally mandated.

I think I should get holiday pay each day of Hanukkah, Ramadan, and whenever the hell Kwanzaa is.

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

Also for Talk Like a Pirate day. Except instead of being money added to my check it's presented as a little chest full of dollar coins.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• msuitepyonmsuitepyon Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Also for Talk Like a Pirate day. Except instead of being money added to my check it's presented as a little chest full of dollar coins.

No you're given a rum-soaked map with several questionable landmarks and an X and must find your pay.

Or you can shanghai your co-workers by broadsiding their vehicles on the way home.

msuitepyon on
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    @Feriluce‌

I still hated that job.

@poorochondriac there's no federal, or, as far as I can find on googling, state requirements (no, not even California) that require extra pay on holidays

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    My only problem with saying this is an act from North Korea is that means I'm saying anyone in North Korea is competent.

i know this is a joke but while that country is a hot mess, it's not like they don't know what the internet is and they certainly aren't giving their money to the citizens, and they certainly are using it for other things.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

I was under the impression that it was people protesting the movie for making light of a terrible dictatorship. I doubt NK has hackers I mean Im sure they have people who look like movie hackers typing away on apple 2s for great rulers benefit but China wouldnt let them have real ones.

Ha ha yes because starving oppressed people are too busy trying not to die to learn to use a computer!

Well I wasnt making a joke I do think China is pretty firmly not letting North Korea get into information hacking .

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I hope that at least one chain still shows the movie because I love Franco/Rogen movies and I don't want this to slow down their ability to make movies.

I'm sure tim league will still have it at the drafthouse or something.

rhylith wrote: »
    I hope that at least one chain still shows the movie because I love Franco/Rogen movies and I don't want this to slow down their ability to make movies.

I doubt itll hurt Rogen or Franco. Sony might have some issues

• simosimo Registered User regular
    best christmas movie is gremlins

bugss2.jpg
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    I think you'll find the best Christmas movies can be found on the TV channels that rebrand to feature the word 'Christmas' in their name when it gets to December.

forumsig.png
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »

I doubt itll hurt Rogen or Franco. Sony might have some issues

It's weird, you'd think after psn that sony's cyber security would have been top of the line across the board. I guess the different divisions probably don't talk to each other much, and there's never been an entire multibillion dollar company held captive like this before.

I have more trouble feeling sorry for media conglomerates than I do for the creators. I do hope that the guys working 9 to 5 don't get completely fucked as a result of this, but the execs should have been smarter about it in a lot of ways, from security to greenlighting the project without changing to a fictional dictator.

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    I kind of want to live in the world where World War 3 was started because of Seth Rogen and James Franco

right before I succumb to radiation poisoning I will think "at least I couldn't have died for anything stupider"

This discussion has been closed.