As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

It's our [Job] thread

MadicanMadican No faceRegistered User regular
Old one is locked, so made this one after waiting a bit. Hope that's alright.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I need a job. Someone find me one please.

• PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Why is it that someone asking me if I'm all right makes me more upset than I was before.

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    Why is it that someone asking me if I'm all right makes me more upset than I was before.

because people ask that shit to make themselves feel better

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular

Cause it makes you think "shit, they can tell I'm not alright".

• Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    At lunch about an hour ago, one of the cafeteria staff was restocking the vending machines and there it was ... box full ... flap removed ... stacks and stacks of burnt orange wrappers and golden letters.

They have come back for me.

Part of me was already planning an escape route through the building while another part was mentally reviewing pressure points and grappling techniques ...

And then the moment passed.

Seriously, what kind of asshole steals candy?

• Josiah_9Josiah_9 Registered User regular

Because most people don't really want to know if you aren't alright.

Saturate.jpg
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Is there a way to disable notifications every time someone posts in this thread? Apparently making it set some kind of flag.

• MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    I just found out I get unemployment. I literally pooped with relief.

• DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Went out to lunch with our HR person.

Four rather strong cocktails later I'm a bit drunk at my desk.

Haaaaaaappy Holidays.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    DrZiplock wrote: »

Haaaaaaappy Holidays.

That's my desk, actually. Please go. You're embarrassing both of us.

• That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Is there a way to disable notifications every time someone posts in this thread? Apparently making it set some kind of flag.

It's in your notifications settings.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Just had my 30 and 60 day reviews today (I was at a training program when the 30 day mark passed). It consisted of my supervisor's boss coming to my desk, and saying, "Hey, it's time for your review. No incidents, keeping up with your work, I want you to keep working here. Sign this, please."

• JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »

because people ask that shit to make themselves feel better

Those bastards. Asking if you are alright. The nerve!

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I think you can also click the little 'bookmark' icon to unsubscribe? Maybe that doesn't work for threads you make.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    If the thread is bookmarked you can either click the bookmark ribbon to the right of the thread title on this page to unbookmark it or you can go into your settings and change it so you won't receive any notifications when someone posts in a bookmarked thread.

• mcpmcp Registered User regular
    There's christmas playing over the speakers in the break room

fucking shoot me in the face

Madican wrote: »

It's in your notifications settings.

Ah, I completely forgot about this panel. Thanks, that seems to have done the trick.

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    apparently there is a christmas desert called white trash. that is a terrible, terrible name for it.

• jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    I'm at a different site for a now two-day long meeting revising a document. We're taking a momentary break, so I wandered to the shared area where the cafe/amenities/bathrooms are. They're setting up an after-hours party to celebrate the teams moving into this new building. There are beers on ice in big plastic tubs. I am not invited to this party because I am not part of these groups and my office is not in this building.

I am very sad about this fact.

• wrong_buttonwrong_button Registered User regular
    mcp wrote: »
    There's christmas playing over the speakers in the break room

fucking shoot me in the face

It's happening in the offices here. Never have headphones been more necessary to the survival of the Greater North American Cube Monkey.

• DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular

Haaaaaaappy Holidays.

Jokes on you...I'm sitting on the coach in my office with my shoes off and a blanket wrapped around me.

...wanna snuggle?

Principal brought in a bunch of candy and treats today for a staff "party" which generally tends to mean the teachers show up, eat, chat a bit, then back to work.

I have a small helping of Sour Patch kids sitting next to me because of it and I had forgotten just how potent these things are.

• HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular

There's this thing at work where people always sarcastically ask "ARE YA HAVIN' FUN YET?" and it is incredibly irritating

vEaRQgH.png
  • vermiculturevermiculture Registered User regular
    i have about 6 months to find a new job

steam id: vermiculture
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular

Haaaaaaappy Holidays.

Jokes on you...I'm sitting on the coach in my office with my shoes off and a blanket wrapped around me.

...wanna snuggle?
    :winky:

HeadCreeps wrote: »

There's this thing at work where people always sarcastically ask "ARE YA HAVIN' FUN YET?" and it is incredibly irritating

Bah. Don't be sour. People are just trying to be friendly.

The correct answer is either "Greatest day of my life" or "more fun than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick". That or talk about something interesting, then people won't try to fill the void with dumb small talk jokes.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    "ARE YA HAVIN' FUN YET?"

"Did you know the human brain weighs an average of 3 pounds?"

• JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular

Where and what field?

• JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    i have about 6 months to find a new job

Sticking with zoos?

JoeUser wrote: »

Where and what field?

Brainerd Lakes area of Minnesota but I don't have a specific field. I've worked in retail my whole life but I'm looking to specifically get out of retail. I've got 3 years left to finish school then I'll be teaching but until then I don't know.

"ARE YA HAVIN' FUN YET?"

"Did you know the human brain weighs an average of 3 pounds?"

Is that true? I'm googling that.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
    Google agrees. Did you know that google comes from googolplex which is 10^10^100. Also Googles headquarters is called the googleplex.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    why do I suddenly feel like i'm on the world's most boring coffee break.

Where and what field?

Brainerd Lakes area of Minnesota but I don't have a specific field. I've worked in retail my whole life but I'm looking to specifically get out of retail. I've got 3 years left to finish school then I'll be teaching but until then I don't know.

You want to move to the Cities, I'd have some suggestions. Brainerd though, good luck.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I have a meeting with my boss today

it will be the first time I have spoken to her since October

(assuming she shows up, that is--it's an hour away and I still haven't seen her come in)

JebusUD wrote: »

Where and what field?

You want to move to the Cities, I'd have some suggestions. Brainerd though, good luck.

Yeah, I know.

tynic wrote: »
    why do I suddenly feel like i'm on the world's most boring coffee break.

Are we havin' fun yet er wat!

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    HeadCreeps wrote: »

Bah. Don't be sour. People are just trying to be friendly.

The correct answer is either "Greatest day of my life" or "more fun than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick". That or talk about something interesting, then people won't try to fill the void with dumb small talk jokes.

no one asked them to be friendly, those bastards

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Google agrees. Did you know that google comes from googolplex which is 10^10^100. Also Googles headquarters is called the googleplex.

I thought google came from googol, which is 10^100.

steam_sig.png
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    jgeis wrote: »
    I'm at a different site for a now two-day long meeting revising a document. We're taking a momentary break, so I wandered to the shared area where the cafe/amenities/bathrooms are. They're setting up an after-hours party to celebrate the teams moving into this new building. There are beers on ice in big plastic tubs. I am not invited to this party because I am not part of these groups and my office is not in this building.

I am very sad about this fact.
    We had our holiday lunch today and I had no idea, because when I switched positions a couple months ago, I was removed from a mailing list that was included in the mailing list for the building I used to work in and not put in the mailing list for the building I'm in now, so I never got the invitation.

I just walked by the break room and conference room and saw them setting up and was like "What's all this then?"

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.