As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam] A Classy Christmas II; Day Seventeen Total: $7,197.90

• MudzgutMudzgut OhioRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    That was a fun little round of auctions!
    Managed to snag Mousecraft (Yay lemmings tetris!) and Mana Crusher (Yay wizardy connecty puzzles!), but more importantly - grabbed up Sneaky Sneaky which I wanted AND the wife wanted: DOUBLE WIN!!!

EDIT: Also note, 9pm EST we're trying to get a Damned game (the game Damned, not as in we're upset with a game) going and currently have 3 out of the 5 max. If you want to give it a shot, let us know!

Mudzgut on
    steam_sig.png

Twitch/Mudzgut
    Fall down seven times. Stand up eight.
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Eidolon won! Friend happy. Done with the auction. :)

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    I voted Octodad, I felt like being nice for once. :P

Why would you be like that? Tormenting Corr is ... it's like half the fun of the Christmas season!

Would that I could change my vote.

steam_sig.png
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I wonder how much things are gonna peak as the auctions wrap.

Edit: stupid swype

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    Is what's going on now the actual christmas sale or what?

Basically should I buy Endless Legend at -50% or is there still the possibility of a better flash deal.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Okay, last two auctions won.

Gemini Rue, a neat looking noir adventure game
    and Farm for your Life, a....I kid you not....mashup of Harvest Moon, Restaurant Simulation, and Tower Defense.

That leaves me with 1430 gems. I could look for something cheap, or just wait and make some boosters. I'm leaning towards the latter (or sell it if it gets crazy tonight).

I lacked enough gems to bid for anything interesting or remotely worth it. I was trying to go for F1 2014 but it rose in price to pretty much paying over its best sale, so that went out.

Instead I just started flipping stuff for a (small) profit and have done ok-ish with that, leaving me some money to buy some cards to finish some sets.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Rami wrote: »

Basically should I buy Endless Legend at -50% or is there still the possibility of a better flash deal.

It came out a few months ago. I would highly doubt it'd go lower than 50%. Honestly, 50% is kinda a surprise - I would have expected 33% max.

• baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular

There's always a better deal tomorrow. 7/23/2012 NEVER FORGET

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular

Not the sale, it's the pre-sale meta. Basically Valves economist being evil and watching people spend real money on fake gems which they then use on games being auctioned for a higher equivalent price than the games will be during the actual sale.

I'd wait, at worst endless will show up for the same price as a daily or flash during the sale.

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    @Bobkins Flymo

When does our charity event end? I'm finally finished with the three weeks of meetings from hell and need to donate. Want to make sure im in before the wire.

• DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    How the fuck did Duck Dynasty almost catch up in votes. I really dont want to have to play that game, haha.

Message received loud and clear.

/me goes and votes.

• Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    Looks like the bids for Planes The Videogame is going up and up. Probably a little rich for my blood. Still, I got the Mater's Tall Tales game so Imy soon should be happy.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
    Drake wrote: »
    How the fuck did Duck Dynasty almost catch up in votes. I really dont want to have to play that game, haha.

/me goes and votes.

He only posted that because Duck Dynasty is exactly the one he wants to win. ;)

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular

/me goes and votes.

That's just what he wants you to think.

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Yeah, I voted Duck Dynasty. That game is pure garbage.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    @Bobkins Flymo

When does our charity event end? I'm finally finished with the three weeks of meetings from hell and need to donate. Want to make sure im in before the wire.
    It says "Dec 1-21" on both images in the OP, and there's a big red sentence saying "All donations due by December 21st by 11:59pm EST." right below them.

So...I dunno! It's a total mystery.

YL9WnCY.png
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I voted the gender bender game because a game being garbage isn't amusing enough for me. It's gotta be the kind of garbage that is baffling and sometimes crude.

• HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    I voted octodad because the rage will be delicious.

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular

/me goes and votes.

I dont even want Duck Dynasty in my library let alone fucking play it.

If any of them I'd rather play Dragon Age out of all of the choices.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Winners!

Fez for @WillyDub‌
    Dust: An Elysian Tail for @Halfazedninja‌
    Deadlight for @chuck steak

Gift links sent, check your forum inbox! Please to be marking them as received over on steamgifts, so they stop oppressing me with low giveaway limits.

• JazzJazz Registered User regular
    LostNinja wrote: »

Not the sale, it's the pre-sale meta. Basically Valves economist being evil and watching people spend real money on fake gems which they then use on games being auctioned for a higher equivalent price than the games will be during the actual sale.

I'd wait, at worst endless will show up for the same price as a daily or flash during the sale.

Endless is a regular daily. I'd imagine its daily/flash in the Gale will be identical.

• BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    @Bobkins Flymo

It says "Dec 1-21" on both images in the OP, and there's a big red sentence saying "All donations due by December 21st by 11:59pm EST." right below them.

Sasskins Flymo over here

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    I voted the gender bender game because a game being garbage isn't amusing enough for me. It's gotta be the kind of garbage that is baffling and sometimes crude.
    NO! That means someone else needs to buy that game. This is not a thing you should be encouraging.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Picked up The Blue Flamingo for 1400 gems. Not bad.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/302010

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    heenato wrote: »
    NO! That means someone else needs to buy that game. This is not a thing you should be encouraging.

We hurt the ones we love. Sometimes that just means accepting a couple Bad Rats 2.

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    @Bobkins Flymo

Putting something in an OP is a good way to keep it from being read.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2

That and one of us is already going to play it (because let's be real... we'll hit $7500). There's a diminishing return on horrible offensive DeviantArt-based games. :razz:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular

We hurt the ones we love. Sometimes that just means accepting a couple Bad Rats 2.
    We caused bad rats 2! Don't continue the cycle of causing more bad things! We have the power to stop it from going farther!

M A G I K A Z A M
  • ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Grats @Jeix‌ !
    signature.png
    These are still ongoing! ;D
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png

Zavian on
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular

/me goes and votes.

You made a stretch goal and expect to play a game you'd like?

You no nothing, @CorriganX‌ .

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

/me goes and votes.

You made a stretch goal and expect to play a game you'd like?

You no nothing, CorriganX‌ .

Yes, we know he's something. He's out of luck.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    DaringDirk wrote: »
    That Blades of Time trailer actually looks pretty fun. I always glossed over the game by conflating it with that other title in the same franchise and eyerolling at the banners, but if they actually put decent combat/platforming/puzzles together in the vein of the games they're taking pages from, I might have to take a closer look.

It's currently in the Humble Weekly Bundle in the $1 tier if anyone is interested in it.

Done and done, thankyouverymuch. Sad I couldn't choose Child's Play as the charity target. Didn't have any but 1 of those games, so games owned number nicely bolstered. Hmm. 37 games from a milestone, I think I can do that this Gale.

Did everybody see that? Okay, good.

Okay, I fucked up. That's what I get for sampling the Whisky I'd got during my lunch break while working from home today. I figured when nothing had happened other than Jazz mentioning it, I would be in the clear, at least temporarily. Then I checked my phone, which noted in an email that someone had gifted me a Groupees bundle. @Spoit saw fit to take care of this ALL BY HIMSELF. All 37 games, every single one. Can't redeem all of them as I hit some kind of internal Steam limit, but once I'm able to redeem the rest of these codes, I'll officially hit 1,000 Steam games. BEFORE the fucking Gale. So, no need to put me on your lists, folks. I'm all fucking taken care of. Spoit gave me a bukake shower of Steam keys, and I feel oh so dirty.

camo_sig2.png
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    First person to PM me gets a free copy of Gunpoint!

Nobody wants a free copy of Gunpoint, apparently.

You can still get a copy now! Just PM me!

Seriously? Nobody wants a free copy of Gunpoint?

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular

...Can I gift it to someone? If so, I will take it.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular

...Can I gift it to someone? If so, I will take it.

You can just forward the email to them, yes.

LxX6eco.jpg
  • JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Spoit gave me a bukake shower of Steam keys, and I feel oh so dirty.

That is NOT what I expected to see when I first made that post.

I regret nothing. <3

Well, congratulations to Cooljammer's friend!

LxX6eco.jpg
    Jazz wrote: »
    That Blades of Time trailer actually looks pretty fun. I always glossed over the game by conflating it with that other title in the same franchise and eyerolling at the banners, but if they actually put decent combat/platforming/puzzles together in the vein of the games they're taking pages from, I might have to take a closer look.

It's currently in the Humble Weekly Bundle in the $1 tier if anyone is interested in it.

Done and done, thankyouverymuch. Sad I couldn't choose Child's Play as the charity target. Didn't have any but 1 of those games, so games owned number nicely bolstered. Hmm. 37 games from a milestone, I think I can do that this Gale.

Did everybody see that? Okay, good.

Okay, I fucked up. That's what I get for sampling the Whisky I'd got during my lunch break while working from home today. I figured when nothing had happened other than Jazz mentioning it, I would be in the clear, at least temporarily. Then I checked my phone, which noted in an email that someone had gifted me a Groupees bundle. @Spoit saw fit to take care of this ALL BY HIMSELF. All 37 games, every single one. Can't redeem all of them as I hit some kind of internal Steam limit, but once I'm able to redeem the rest of these codes, I'll officially hit 1,000 Steam games. BEFORE the fucking Gale. So, no need to put me on your lists, folks. I'm all fucking taken care of. Spoit gave me a bukake shower of Steam keys, and I feel oh so dirty.

....I don't believe you.

steam_sig.png

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    "It's a trick. Get an axe."

Well, congratulations to Cooljammer's friend!

She hasn't posted in a while but I think she might still lurk here.

steam_sig.png

This discussion has been closed.