As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[ArcheAge] Sate your inner criminal. Early Release! Ollo Server! West/Nuia Ho!

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    So @CF1 's 16x16 in nothern dewstone is set to demo on the 19th minute of this hour coming up (4:19pm AST)

if you stand on the bridge between nothern dewstone and southern dewstone facing north, it's on the hill to the right, placed as close to the river inlet as possible, covered with my chicken/duck pens. I'm not about to leave work to try to take it, but if anyone is online you should probably try for it

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    The Hellswamp griefers were out in full force tonight. I managed to keep my wits about me and get 2 full runs in with my new farm hauler. The griefers figured out that carts can't clip though avocado trees right after they are laid down. Griefers laid them down everywhere they could. Thankfully the game won't allow them to be placed in the road itself. Tonight they were blockading the second set of bridges in Hellswamp. Farm wagons were piled up the entire length. I managed to wiggle my way far enough though the bridge to use my escape the first run. Second run I was able to drive through the water and scoot my way along a tight spot on the bank. Along the way I watched one guy who had driven off the road get boxed in with a bunch of avocado trees. He must have forgotten his owner's mark because as soon as he used his escape, they stole his cart and drove off with it. Poor guy

If they only would make carts clip through each other and all "player" trees, this wouldn't be a problem.

• Options
    MandresMandres Registered User regular
    Jeez, where the fuck are the GMs?

• Options
    Mandres wrote: »

Last night was an even bigger shitshow. 3 separate blockade walls were setup with Farm haulers, ensuring that anyone wanting to get by would have to have a friend or use 3 rider's escapes. I noticed that they were letting their own folks though, just not anyone else.

• Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular

Emergent gameplay, not against the rules.

Using saplings though should get fixed.

• Options
    MandresMandres Registered User regular
    Draygo wrote: »

Emergent gameplay, not against the rules.

Respectfully, I disagree. What they're doing goes way beyond the situation that prompted Scapes to make that emergent gameplay comment. They're abusing bugs and exploits to grief other players (pulling mobs to aggro, planting saplings, the flower trick, etc.) It's driving people to quit or change servers (Hex's old neighbors, for instance) and it's bad for the game to allow it to continue unchecked.

If Trion isn't able to fix the physics on the public carriage, which is supposed to push blockers out of the way, or disable the collision on farm carts/haulers altogether then they need GMs to intervene and hand out warnings>suspensions>bans. Excusing what TT6 does to get their lulz as just part of the game is not acceptable in a service I'm paying to be well-moderated.

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    while I don't disagree with you, I'm wondering if there's a definition of 'well-moderated' defined in the service agreements.

• Options
    Your playing a game that bids itself as open world, with pvp interaction with trade being a selling point. Wholesale scamming is allowed in this game that you are playing.

The flower trick is banned - doing it to steal vehicles will result in the termination of your account.

Planting saplings should be fixed, as they should go through 1 stage of growth before they block anything, that way uprooting them has an effect, I would declare that an exploit. But that method is new - give them a moment to ban it properly.

Farm cart blocking has been deemed emergent gameplay, and fine. Do really want farm carts to be able to push other farm carts? Then they will organize carts to drive a target into mobs. Carriage bowling could make a return and that would be fun.

• Options

Farm cart blocking has been deemed emergent gameplay, and fine. Do really want farm carts to be able to push other farm carts? Then they will organize carts to drive a target into mobs. Carriage bowling could make a return and that would be fun.

Who the fuck deemed that "fine?"

• Options
    Because in a game about conflict with other players, something that creates conflict with other players is allowed when it has sufficient means of avoiding/insolating yourself from said conflict?

• Options
    sufficient means of avoiding/insolating yourself from said conflict?

Only there isn't a way of avoiding or insulating yourself from cart blocking. If I had the option of taking the safe route that was being blocked or taking a less safe route that wasn't I would agree. Last night these assholes were blocking the ONLY FUCKING ROAD out of Hellswamp. Unless someone with another cart is around to help you you either give up and let them steal your cart, or you waiting for a fucking hour for your rider's escape to cool down twice.

Emergent gameplay is getting jacked for wandering into a territory at wartime. This is well past the point of emergent gameplay into the realm of outright griefing. For fuck's sake, I almost managed to get around one of the blockades last night, but some asshole kept driving his cart into my cart whenever I moved it.

• Options
    They are using multiple people to stop you, what's stopping you from asking a friend to get past the blockade?

Or you can slowly burn through it with rider's escape. And you can also check to see if its blockaded before you start you run, if it is, make sure you have the help beforehand.

Heck the blockade actually helps you after your through, that pack is going to probably be worth the full 130% when you deliver it ahead of everyone else.

• Options
    JagmasJagmas Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Lol Draygo I guess whatever guild/server you're playing on uses this emergent gameplay. :) Problem is whatever "should" be fixed probably won't be for sometime. I wish these assholes were as organized doing raids to the opposite faction and creating the intended conflict.

Jagmas on
  • Options
    I'm in your guild, on your server.

I agree its irritating, but I like that it exists. Archeage bills itself as a sandboxish game. Its not like we lack the resources as a guild to move a few packs across the blockaded bridge. At most, for you it should mean a 5 minute delay, in return for some extra profit.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    He's also your guild leader, in fact.

How's my farm doing? Should I get on to pay the taxes?

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    Don't know, but I do know you should stamp the ink I sent ya.

• Options
    so we had a ton of fun hasslin' hasla last night. In peace time we were out DPSing a red group nearly twice our side so bad we made them leave, then when it clocked over to conflict we kept trading wipes back and forth with another group of reds who had 8 or 9 to our 6, until they ultimately got a big enough group to push us out completely.

• Options
    Some Black Desert news on imgur - http://imgur.com/a/meOhX

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Looks great if they can pull it all off.

In Archeage news, GHA tonight was lucrative for me. Improved my bow and three armor slots. Thanks everyone! Even battling my multiple crashes.

I'm beginning to think the game doesn't like SLI so I'm just going to run single card for a while and see if I crash still. No other games have had trouble though. Hmm.

Also, my metal craft is at 45k. Couple more days and I'll be 50k. :-)

• Options
    Anyone in guild ever try to make it to Freedich Isle this way? http://imgur.com/a/M90R1

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Awesome 1.7 Archeage ghost ship battle from last night I was talking in game about. They fought at least two that i saw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCu1KUDWKco&feature=youtu.be&a

He was saying that apparently the ships roam the ocean in 1.7 like raid bosses. You can also see a little bit of the dolphin mounts in the water attacking and other goodies. Check out his youtube page for more.

Jagmas on
  • Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    Jagmas wrote: »
    Some Black Desert news on imgur - http://imgur.com/a/meOhX

That looks really cool, I'm looking forward to that coming to open beta.

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    JormungandrJormungandr Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Hey, I'm just starting out (on a different server with my friends, so not in PA guild) and I've got a pretty low level character, and the friend that got me started bought me a month of patreon so I've got more labor than I know what to do with. I'm going away for the holidays at the end of this week so I want to get my labor down to 0 before I leave.

What's the best way to turn labor into gold? I may have a chance to log in briefly next week, too, to do this again (thus I'm looking for something I can do in like 30 mins to an hour) to keep from capping out. I was thinking of buying raw stone and converting it to bricks and re-selling it. Is that a reasonable plan? Is there something else that's potentially more lucrative that I could be doing instead?

Jormungandr on
  • Options
    Mining and selling raw stone is more lucrative. You should be able to burn more LP than you can earn in a day in under an hour. There is a cave in White Arbor with about 40ish nodes in it, just mine in a circle. Alternatively you can mine on your longer sessions and just refine the raw stone yourself.

Alternatively if you don't have time for mining, buy raw stone, refine it, and convert it to hereafter stones - this will burn tons of labor.

Another quick conversion is buying logs, convert to paper, then print Art of Language books, sell on AH for cash.

• Options
    Depending on your skill set, making seed bundles and/or poultry cages will get you the most bang for your buck.

Fishing is always a good way to burn labor while AFK.

• Options
    JormungandrJormungandr Registered User regular
    My skill set is basically non-existant at this point since I started playing about a week ago. Although those are good to know for when I've leveled a bit. Checking quickly on-line, lowest requirement seed bundle I saw was around 15000 skill, and I think my highest skill is around 1000? So not quite there yet. I'll look into the log->paper->book thing, too, and see how the numbers look. I'll also see if I can find the mining place you mentioned. If there was somewhere I could just move from node to node pretty quickly, that's definitely a good way to spend my time pre-trip. I may save the raw materials and just log in to make bricks / etc from my family's house briefly.

Thanks for the suggestions!

• Options
    1 Art of language = 75 logs, 5 leather, 5 memory ink, 25 wedges

you can probably save a little money by buying from guildies at least cut out the AH fees anyway.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    So my patron expires later this month and since it doesn't look like I'm going to be acquiring a house by then, I'm probably going to just let patron lapse.

I have 2 8x8 in marionople and 1 8x8 in lilyut, so if anyone wants to take those over, let me know.

Alternatively, find me a 16x or 24x plot or built that I can afford or snag?

• Options
    edited December 2014
    You should be able to buy one in the northern cont for not that much gold, at least compared to a 16x in any of the western zones.

Like: http://www.archbroker.com/sales/706

Draygo on
  • Options
    Catadmirer. Need to get with you tonight about your 8x8 that I want to turn into a 24x24

Finally got my hands on that 8x8.

• Options
    You should be able to buy one in the northern cont for not that much gold, at least compared to a 16x in any of the western zones.

Like: http://www.archbroker.com/sales/706

that's cool, i talked to the seller and checked it out. The taxes are 50%, so that sucks, but I'm probably going to buy it if I can tonight. That means I'm probably going to pay for patron some more then. haha.

• Options
    RhimeRhime Registered User regular
    Hey Delarme, any chance you can add the screenshot section to the guildlaunch forums?
    I have some cool shots to share as well as the guild might want to add some as well once it's set up.
    Thanks!

• Options
    Niceguy MyeyeNiceguy Myeye Registered User regular
    I think @figgy set up the guild launch site.

If there is a screenshots section, I will totally photoshop my cat into all screenshots I post.

• Options
    Thanks to Dan and Cat, I was able to build the 24x24. I will be wrapping up things tonight and reopening the guild bank.

• Options
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Thanks to Dan and Cat, I was able to build the 24x24. I will be wrapping up things tonight and reopening the guild bank.

I'm so jealous.

Also, Xixi used up his labor for you, how could you not thank him too??? :)

• Options
    All my yatas and one cow died for that land :(

• Options
    RhimeRhime Registered User regular
    Dolphin mounts are in!
    So if Figgy is the only admin, is he accepting new membership applications? I haven't seen him in the game for some time so maybe another admin needs to be set up?

• Options
    Also Figgy's 8x8 crafting station in dewstone is up for taxes.

• Options
    @gnometank oh, I think your property is due tomorrow too.

• Options
    Who is Majestic in game? I want your 16x land so bad. If you aren't playing, GIVE IT TO ME....ahem...please?

This discussion has been closed.