As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam] Winter is Over.

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Awesome deal on SpeedRunners. I'll have to grab a copy when I get home - I've heard good things. The DLC is cosmetic correct?

As a side note, my son asked if the tooth fairy (he knows it's us) could pay him in Steam money.

• IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    striderjg wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »
    What're the choices to vote for?

Hack N Slash, Neverending Nightmares or a pitiful discount on Amazing Spiderman 2

Valve seems to have preemptive declared a winner already:)
    cuosQJf.png

I think that's to show the current forerunner?

Nah. Just a bug I figure. It would make little sense to show a forerunner. It would influence the vote.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Please don't let Neverending Boredom win.
    Uh anyone who saw my stream knows that it's more like Neverending Laughs.

YL9WnCY.png
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular

Hack N Slash, Neverending Nightmares or a pitiful discount on Amazing Spiderman 2

Hack N Slash then when I get home.

Also Endless Legends Emperor upgrade is little over $5. What does it add? Haven't bought EL yet but I'm mulling it over and generally like getting the "full" version of games.

Here is a picture with the complete list of additions.

The only thing that stands out is the soundtrack which is pretty fantastic. Otherwise the rest is pretty minor.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    God, two pages within thirty minutes.

This thread ain't gonna last until dinner time.

YL9WnCY.png
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    HEY STEAM THREAD! I haven't been here in a good while because sob money sob BUT! My (30th oh god) birthday is on the 23rd, which coincides quite nicely with the sale, so HAVE A GIVEAWAY

signature.png

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    There's nothing super crazy looking at me today, with a couple of exceptions. Good thing because i have a limited budget this sale due to Christmas and me wanting to buy Elite Dangerous tomorrow.

Staying strong... For now

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »

Also Endless Legends Emperor upgrade is little over $5. What does it add? Haven't bought EL yet but I'm mulling it over and generally like getting the "full" version of games.

The only thing that stands out is the soundtrack which is pretty fantastic. Otherwise the rest is pretty minor.

The higher packs start paying off for Endless games if you own other Endless games. Like the Crystal pack in DotE unlocks the Vaulter faction in Endless Space, and so on.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Please don't let Neverending Boredom win.
    Uh anyone who saw my stream knows that it's more like Neverending Laughs.

I watched your stream and I did get a good laugh out of sudden girl going splat on the ground from the sky but otherwise it was a rather boring game. Now, the banter in Twitch chat, some of that was gold. MST3K in full effect there.

• JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Heeeeeeeey, Steam Threaders! You didn't think I'd miss a sale, did you?

The cats and I are hunkering down in the deepest recesses of HQ we could find (mostly because my sister is visiting and brought my niece over- I love her to death, but I wish she'd find her volume control knob, if you know what I mean- she starts screaming and running around and it's almost impossible to get her to quit... where was I...?

Oh, yeah! Steam! And gifting! Let's see... I got this yesterday!

bx3GdwS.png?1

Thanks to @Berylline for Aveyond: Lord of Twilight! I'm hoping that this plays as good as the story looks... many thanks!

So... forty-five minutes until the sale begins... hey, Trusty Assistant! Get the helmets, oil up the trebuchet, and get the divisions on standby! Let's get ready to spread some holiday cheer among the masses, yeah?

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • HeirTransparentHeirTransparent ... Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    The visual novel Fault Milestone One that was just released plunged to 50% off, but it seems it was a pricing error. It's back up to 25% off now. I added it to my cart while it was still 50% off and got the whole "price has changed since you added to your cart" message. Guess I just barely missed it.

HeirTransparent on
    steam_sig.png
    Karoz wrote: »

Ah, thanks. I'll ruminate on it some more then.

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Well fortunately the first sales never hit my wishlist, so my $20 will last me at least another twelve hours. Hoping to see Game of Thrones or Middle-earth dip that low. Guess GoT has a better shot at that.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    They're not likely to spring a random meta into the mix, right? I should be safe to just go ahead and craft my badges?

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

JaysonFour wrote: »

The cats and I are hunkering down in the deepest recesses of HQ we could find (mostly because my sister is visiting and brought my niece over- I love her to death, but I wish she'd find her volume control knob, if you know what I mean- she starts screaming and running around and it's almost impossible to get her to quit... where was I...?

bx3GdwS.png?1

Thanks to @Berylline for Aveyond: Lord of Twilight! I'm hoping that this plays as good as the story looks... many thanks!

So... forty-five minutes until the sale begins... hey, Trusty Assistant! Get the helmets, oil up the trebuchet, and get the divisions on standby! Let's get ready to spread some holiday cheer among the masses, yeah?

Sale began 25 minutes ago. You were not at your post and now the horde has overrun your position.

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    There are over 6000 games on sale. Good Gods.

• BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    SO it appears that Steam sales are when Metal Gear games launch

When is the next scheduled sale, for Phantom Pain

steam_sig.png
    *looks at the wishlist section*

*eyes glaze over*

...huh, there's a number of games with no discounts on mine. Wonder if that's just not updated yet.

Also, kudos to Konami for understanding how to Steam sale. This is the second Metal Gear game in a row that gets a day one discount in a steam sale.

• ShadeShade Registered User regular
    @Dirtyboy has decided to help me test if my card is unlocked yet.

ygkkcm56o3sg.jpg

• am0nam0n Registered User regular
    It's a varying quantity! I saw 6200 at first, then 6182.

Was hoping maybe Warhammer Quest (for PC) would get a steeper discount with the sale.

• IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    There are over 6000 games on sale. Good Gods.

They include DLC in that count. I think it is around 4500 games really. But that might count some removed games which are no longer possible to buy.

• heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Day one!

Not a shit given! This has been the norm for me the last couple sales. Only two or three titles I actually care about. I don't see this sale being any different.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    There's a free game called Fork Parker's Holiday Profit Hike that looks like it might be decent.

• jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Steam, don't show me wishlist games with no discount. That's just going to make me sad.

camo_sig2.png
  • ShadeShade Registered User regular
    And now @The Brayster‌ !

avnkb1aztqrk.jpg

come on.....come on....unlock already!

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    Dear Bethesda,

Why is it cheaper to buy the Skyrim Legendary Edition than to buy all the DLC individually? I mean, seriously. C'mon.

- Houn

• Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    Idx86 wrote: »
    Isn't DS2 getting some graphical makeover soon which will be an up charge?

@Idx86 - It's a little unclear but it sounds like that is the case. There are going to be some free upgrades for the people who already own the game but it sounds like the upgrade to use DX11 from DX9 is going to cost money. Otherwise, I would totally be all over the current discount.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dark-souls-2-coming-to-ps4-and-xbox-one-this-april/1100-6423804/

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/dark-souls-ii-scholar-of-the-first-sin-announced-will-pack-enhanced-dx11-visuals-all-dlc-packs/

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    Well fortunately the first sales never hit my wishlist, so my $20 will last me at least another twelve hours. Hoping to see Game of Thrones or Middle-earth dip that low. Guess GoT has a better shot at that.

Waiting for GoT for a gift, hope it gets a daily.

Jumped on MGS instantly, and some FS-X for once I get another stick.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular

bx3GdwS.png?1

Thanks to Berylline for Aveyond: Lord of Twilight! I'm hoping that this plays as good as the story looks... many thanks!

Sale began 25 minutes ago. You were not at your post and now the horde has overrun your position.

It did? Oh, well... the hordes always underestimate us- and besides, if I wasn't there, now I can flank them!

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular

bx3GdwS.png?1

Thanks to Berylline for Aveyond: Lord of Twilight! I'm hoping that this plays as good as the story looks... many thanks!

Huh I didn't know Aveyond was on Steam! It's a pretty fun if completely standard little JRPG-type game. Definitely good for when that itch gets you.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
    Oh, hey, flash deals are 12 hours instead of 8 this time.

That's not bad. Styx interests me, but I think I'll wait til it's lower. I kinda shot my load on getting stuff in the auction.

bx3GdwS.png?1

It did? Oh, well... the hordes always underestimate us- and besides, if I wasn't there, now I can flank them!

"Sir, we're surrounded!"

"Excellent, we can attack from any direction!"

Houn wrote: »
    Dear Bethesda,

Why is it cheaper to buy the Skyrim Legendary Edition than to buy all the DLC individually? I mean, seriously. C'mon.

- Houn

Because Bethesda has ALWAYS done this, and it's infuriating to the point of hilarity.

• Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    As an aside which will promptly get lost, Saints Row 4: Game of the Century Edition is on sale on the Humble Store for $7.49 and the Game of the Century Upgrade pack is only $2.49. I think this is likely as cheap as it will get in the Steam sale.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
    Waiting to see if Gat out of Hell gets a sale or not, even a minor one.

• Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    Hmm, with the flash sales lasting 12 hours and only 1 community vote per day there is 25% fewer time-limited sales. I'm kinda interested to know what caused it. Companies just putting their games on a higher sale-long discount and forgoing the flash sales, less companies willing to put their games on deep-discount, or Valve simply changing it by fiat.

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Last Son wrote: »
    Hmm, with the flash sales lasting 12 hours and only 1 community vote per day there is 25% fewer time-limited sales. I'm kinda interested to know what caused it. Companies just putting their games on a higher sale-long discount and forgoing the flash sales, less companies willing to put their games on deep-discount, or Valve simply changing it by fiat.

I actually prefer it this way so I don't miss out on votes.

Last Son wrote: »

More likely it's something along the lines of "we just gave away 200,000 games, there's just less sale to be had this time."

• EvmaAlsarEvmaAlsar Birmingham, EnglandRegistered User regular
    @The Brayster has gotten the Gale off to a start by slapping me with this:

RLjdn05.jpg

Now that I am apparently bread, I leave you fine ladies and gentlemen of the thread with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgKcbeqUhY

6YAcQE8.png
    Steam profile - Twitch - YouTube
    Switch: SM-6352-8553-6516
This discussion has been closed.