As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam] Winter is Over.

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    Jazz wrote: »
    Drovek wrote: »
    Riokenn wrote: »
    Ground Zeroes eh? Guess I should play MGS4 first.

Same boat here, heh.

Maybe MGS3 too.

MGS 1 & 2 too, to be on the safe side.
    Okay, maybe not 2. /flamebait

MGS2 is one of the finest games I have ever played. You take that back right now.

Maybe I should finally play 3. I did take all next week off...

2 was great. but opinions gonna opinionate. I take it from the talk here that the sale has started?

You are my only Azrael.

• heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Question: is Rising a daily? I mean, it's 6 bucks! Can it really go any lower than that?
    YES IT CAN! But I mean this year not next year.
    Yup. It's the daily for Metal gear, along with Ground Zeroes.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    Drovek wrote: »
    Riokenn wrote: »
    Ground Zeroes eh? Guess I should play MGS4 first.

Same boat here, heh.

Maybe MGS3 too.

MGS 1 & 2 too, to be on the safe side.
    Okay, maybe not 2. /flamebait

MGS2 is one of the finest games I have ever played. You take that back right now.

Maybe I should finally play 3. I did take all next week off...

2 was great. but opinions gonna opinionate. I take it from the talk here that the sale has started?

You are my only Azrael.

Houn, the mission is a failure! Turn off your console now!

• BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    Isorn wrote: »
    4ztmbqbjm0dg.png

@Shade is still rampaging. Thank you. Always been a fan of ninjas. Hence my avatar. <3

Strider is such a good game, shame it got almost ignored by everyone

You are a super ninja and you chop up flying robot snakes

It was basically revengeance before revengeance even vengeanced

steam_sig.png
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    gfy3AGt.png

Okay, I think I'm done with cards for a while.

Like, done done, not "for this sale" done.

I'll still drop the ones, maybe trade, but this last time? Yeah, that kinda burnt me out.

• Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Ugh Ground Zeroes is probably gonna be a medium setting game. That was some needed up lighting on high. Have to try it tomorrow after work now.

BigDes wrote: »
    4ztmbqbjm0dg.png

@Shade is still rampaging. Thank you. Always been a fan of ninjas. Hence my avatar. <3

Strider is such a good game, shame it got almost ignored by everyone

You are a super ninja and you chop up flying robot snakes

It was basically revengeance before revengeance even vengeanced

I played the PSN demo when it came out. I was a fan but I held off on buying on principle. The principle being that steam sales exist in my world.

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    I'd say Strider's nice but I don't know. I'd rank it in the same tier I dump Dust. I just don't think they do enough Metroidvania.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    @Shade decided I needed more stealthy things in my life, and sent me Styx!

LnzzvDU.png

Thanks! I'm really keen to try it out.

n57PM0C.jpg
  • ShadeShade Registered User regular
    @Antoshka‌ sends me The Old City Leviathan and @The Brayster‌ sent me Trial Fusion!

• HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    4ztmbqbjm0dg.png

You have to strike AFTER @Shade‌ girlfriend gets a look at the credit card. That is when he's at his weakest.

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Thanks @Shade for Metal Gear Rising! I hear good things about Platinum Games and can't wait to actually give one of their games a spin. Also, sci-fi ninjas and shit. Thanks! <3

Stabbity_Style.png
    Is @shade just ninja gifting exclusively ninja based games?

• HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    Is @shade just ninja gifting exclusively ninja based games?

Nope! @Shade‌ just dropped by to say hi and dropped me Gods Will Be Watching.

He must be stopped.

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    @Shade just managed to slip in a hit of Dark Souls 2 on me just before I left for work.

Why that sly little...

Someone else get him. I'll be back.

Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    I can't decide if I should pull the trigger on Grid or not. I don't think I've seen a game with reviews all over the place as much as this one has. It goes from "this game is amazing, all racing fan will love it" to "this is the worst racing game ever". Every review I read just sways me back and forth. There don't seam to be any other decent racing games though besides burnout, which is a little too arcade for what I want now.

Ok. I've dropped over $100. I'm calling it a day before I get into even more trouble.

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Shade wrote: »
    Ok. I've dropped over $100. I'm calling it a day before I get into even more trouble.

Where I come from... this is what we call a RUSE.

Nice try, feller.

:razz:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • krackqkrackq Registered User regular
    So many games on sale.. any recommendations for kid friendly local co-op or multiplayer (age range 6,9,12). I snagged castle crashers already.

steam_sig.png
  • DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I can't decide if I should pull the trigger on Grid or not. I don't think I've seen a game with reviews all over the place as much as this one has. It goes from "this game is amazing, all racing fan will love it" to "this is the worst racing game ever". Every review I read just sways me back and forth. There don't seam to be any other decent racing games though besides burnout, which is a little too arcade for what I want now.

GRID (1) is fucking awesome.

GRID (2) is fucking shit.

GRID Autosport fuck if I know about it (haven't played it.)

Drovek on
    steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • HeartfinderHeartfinder Registered User regular
    Thank you, @Dirtyboy‌, for Brothers.

Also, I too am annoyed at this giant "Things From Your Wishlist" table that has things without discounts.

steam_sig-400.png
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    krackq wrote: »
    So many games on sale.. any recommendations for kid friendly local co-op or multiplayer (age range 6,9,12). I snagged castle crashers already.

The new Gauntlet?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Also the D&D arcade game.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • VeganVegan Registered User regular
    I know we like to wait until the last day, but while it's still in season, I want to point out that Viscera Cleanup Detail: Santa's Rampage is $1.61, and it has co-op!

steam_sig.png
    @Corsini‌ got me with Vampire: The Masquarade: Bloodlines: Colons!

• CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Man the Depth of Field affect in Metal Gear is ridiculous. I get what they're going for and in some scenes it works great, mainly because some of the textures kind of suck, but I wish there was a separate toggle for it. In order to tone it down it's in a setting with like 4 other effects so I'd have to lose out on Screen Space Reflections.

Game is pretty gorgeous maxed out though, especially if you can tolerate the DoF more than me.

Corpekata on
    Corsini‌ got me with Vampire: The Masquarade: Bloodlines: Colons!

Wait, you didn't have Colons?

The hell?

Stop playing whatever you're playing, and download it, install the fan patch (without the adding all the random stuff option), and roll a not-Malkavian for your first game. Then when you play it again, roll a Malkavian.

Also, apparently beware of doorknobs being replaced by cats, or something, and keep a couple of saves.

n57PM0C.jpg
  • JeixJeix Registered User regular
    krackq wrote: »

I'm assuming that you already know about the LEGO video games, been playing the third Batman one lately and it is pretty good. I think Lord of the Rings might be my favorite though.

If you don't already have Trine I would highly recommend it, it is an amazingly fun co-op game that seems like it would go over well with kids.

Guacamelee is fun also, I don't think it has any inappropriate parts but it has been a while since I played it. I know it gets a bit harder to pull off some combos later on but the older ones could handle it I bet.

I own Hammerwatch but haven't gotten into it yet, waiting for a good co-op partner. It looks like a kid friendly classic dungeon crawler.

Monaco also has local co-op, that could be a good one as well.

• DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    There is a new Humble Bundle up, unless I missed it earlier. There's not much to this one, but it does have Avadon 2 in the first tier, and Alpha Kimori doesn't look like my kind of thing, so first person to PM gets it.

• SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    @Drake strikes with Astebreed! Shmupy goodness, thanks!

• VeganVegan Registered User regular

All three cards dropped in under an hour. They know exactly who they're serving.

steam_sig.png
    Antoshka wrote: »
    Corsini‌ got me with Vampire: The Masquarade: Bloodlines: Colons!

Wait, you didn't have Colons?

The hell?

Stop playing whatever you're playing, and download it, install the fan patch (without the adding all the random stuff option), and roll a not-Malkavian for your first game. Then when you play it again, roll a Malkavian.

Also, apparently beware of doorknobs being replaced by cats, or something, and keep a couple of saves.

I had a physical copy... ten years ago? Holy crap. But I'll definitely give it another time through, one of my favorites!

• krackqkrackq Registered User regular
    @DoctorArch‌ thanks for the suggestions. Gauntlet was a favorite growing up. Hopefully it will end up at more than 25% off this sale.
    @Jeix‌ thanks for the suggestions too. I have both Trine games, those were a lot of fun. I'll check out the others as well.

steam_sig.png
  • KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Thanks @Shade for Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance!

• StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Whoa, whoa, hold on, everybody just stop for a second! Stop fighting and stop gifting for just a second.

*catches up on the thread*

Okay, go ahead.

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Bought Revengeance, which I am all sorts of excited for. Steam Wallet is tapped out, so I think that does it for me.*

*Probably not.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • JazzJazz Registered User regular

Postscript to @Drovek 's post above: Grid is by no means a sim, but it is a little less arcadey than Burnout. It's pretty and it's good times; it should serve you well. Also, hold off for now because guaranteed that it'll hit 75% off (at least) if it gets a daily/flash... and then at least if you don't like it, you're out less money.

• CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    I snagged the Bone Telltale Games in the auction because they never go on sale but lo and behold, they're on sale. Oh well.

I'd like to see them give the Bone series another shot these days. It's a good fit for them, and they've come a long way since this version.

This discussion has been closed.