As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] Winter is Over.

• Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    The List has been appeased. Mwahahaha...I mean... Ho ho ho.....yeah.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    I snagged the Bone Telltale Games in the auction because they never go on sale but lo and behold, they're on sale. Oh well.

I'd like to see them give the Bone series another shot these days. It's a good fit for them, and they've come a long way since this version.

Wait, what? There are Bone games? From TELLTALE?!? Bought'd, thanks kindly!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ExcisionExcision Old Sport Registered User regular
    So much Metal Gear on sale, will be so delicious on the new PC I just built.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    DaringDirk wrote: »
    I snagged the Bone Telltale Games in the auction because they never go on sale but lo and behold, they're on sale. Oh well.

I'd like to see them give the Bone series another shot these days. It's a good fit for them, and they've come a long way since this version.

Expect them to be verrrrry primitive compared to what they do now.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    Vegan wrote: »

Should I expect Strongbad level, or worse? I'm fine with it, assuming 1080 resolution's an option.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Excision wrote: »
    So much Metal Gear on sale, will be so delicious on the new PC I just built.

Maybe I can get a good deal on the Metal Gear Collection. Oh wait.... :mad:

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    Drovek wrote: »
    I can't decide if I should pull the trigger on Grid or not. I don't think I've seen a game with reviews all over the place as much as this one has. It goes from "this game is amazing, all racing fan will love it" to "this is the worst racing game ever". Every review I read just sways me back and forth. There don't seam to be any other decent racing games though besides burnout, which is a little too arcade for what I want now.

GRID (1) is fucking awesome.

GRID (2) is fucking shit.

GRID Autosport fuck if I know about it (haven't played it.)

Thanks for responding, but this doesn't help at all. :P

• Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Hey guys, hoping to make better of a poor situation.

At the end of last month my brother asked for Rock Smith 2014 for Christmas. Merrily, I picked it up and was waiting for Christmas to give it to him.
    Unfortunately, my brother being my brother, decided to grab it himself earlier this week. =_= SO! I have an unusable copy of Rocksmith 2014 in my inventory, and I'm hoping someone here might want to trade me something for it rather than buy a copy. My wishlist does have some comparable titles that I would love to acquire. PM me if you have any offers.

Merry Steam sales, everyone! ;D

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular

Should I expect Strongbad level, or worse? I'm fine with it, assuming 1080 resolution's an option.

It was pretty much their first adventure game as a company.

• Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Drovek wrote: »
    I can't decide if I should pull the trigger on Grid or not. I don't think I've seen a game with reviews all over the place as much as this one has. It goes from "this game is amazing, all racing fan will love it" to "this is the worst racing game ever". Every review I read just sways me back and forth. There don't seam to be any other decent racing games though besides burnout, which is a little too arcade for what I want now.

GRID (1) is fucking awesome.

GRID (2) is fucking shit.

GRID Autosport fuck if I know about it (haven't played it.)

Thanks for responding, but this doesn't help at all. :P

Ehhh... it's complicated. :P

GRID (1) has a good handling model and nice enough events (except for that car crashing thing in the American series... how I hated that.) Good variety. It's not a sim, but you're better served by braking into corners rather than trying to drift through them (though you can attempt to.)

GRID (2) is the glorification of xtreem, with tail-heavy cars that only want you to drift even if the actual car wouldn't behave like that at all. Horrible "cool and edgy" presentation that goes completely against the more formal one of the first game. Avoid, avoid, avoid.

GRID Autosport I've yet to try?

If you're looking for even more sim, there's Assetto Corsa and Project: Cars, the latter which I haven't tried yet, but the first I love.

AC is on the far end of the Sim side, but if you want something like that (extremely simmy) then it gets the job done.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    @Halfazedninja‌ sent me GTA: Vice City!

I'm running out things to put on my wishlist people! Slow it down! I think I have every major AAA game now. At least the ones on steam. :hydra:

• Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    Shade wrote: »
    @Halfazedninja‌ sent me GTA: Vice City!

I'm running out things to put on my wishlist people! Slow it down! I think I have every major AAA game now. At least the ones on steam. :hydra:

And @Shade just struck back with Cook, Serve, Delicious! He's a monster.

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Ok this is probably the best possible trailer for the relaunch of Flight Sim X on Steam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP3qFS-NdwE

• Options
    subisubi Registered User regular
    Is this one better ? :)

signature.png

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    That Flight Sim trailer is the dorkiest thing ever. I kinda love it.

• Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    That Flight Sim trailer is the dorkiest thing ever. I kinda love it.

Kinda makes me want to get it but I'm getting Elite Dangerous tomorrow.

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    Thank you so much to @Jazz for Gun Metal and @Dirtyboy for Poof! <3 (I somehow messed up the screenshots - my apologies!) I truly appreciate the gifts though! <3 Now for me to catch up on seven pages of thread...

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Behold!

A2RZALo.jpg

@übergeek classed up the start of my Winter Dale with Defense Grid 2! Thanks very much. It is much appreciated! <3

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Hmmm...no one claimed the gifts I sent.......maybe no one is home?

EDIT Nevermind, now they're disappearing.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    qwer12qwer12 PhilippinesRegistered User regular
    signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

steam_sig.png

PSN: jrrl_absent
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Fj8V899h6c

WWI shooter Verdun has enforced a Christmas Peace from the 18th to the 25th.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    I note that this thread is not moving nearly as fast as usual. Then again, by normal Steam sale timing, we'd be just over 2 hours before getting another flash sale, so perhaps it's just that.

Or it could be folks at work too . . .

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    I note that this thread is not moving nearly as fast as usual. Then again, by normal Steam sale timing, we'd be just over 2 hours before getting another flash sale, so perhaps it's just that.

Or it could be folks at work too . . .

It's true. Slowest sale thread ever.

I'm not complaining, maybe it'll be keep-up-with-able. :wink:

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    was playing Dayz, a game about a terrible future after an apocalypse.. tabbed out to see a copy of Duck Dynasty from @Houn turning my present into a terrible wasteland apocalypse. <3 Thanks so much Houn, i'll be doing the stream either this weekend or next.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    You know, I think the heyday is over.

Like, the first year or two we had the STUPID inexpensive publisher packs, and that's great but them going away is fine.

For the past year or two, the new "sale" mentality settled in, those went away, and the new base value for most games is "drop to $20, throw 75% off in sales." It means no ridiculous deals anymore, but it's great for new people who are just coming in, because they can regularly pick up older games for cheap.

But more and more I'm seeing developers - both indie and major - who set the price for their game, don't change it, and don't have any sales. They're going Nintendo on us. Which I get - like, they'll probably get more money from that, and there's a more persistent "value" to the games. But I can't help feeling sad that a time seems to hvae passed.

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Work is super busy at the moment, just zooming through the thread to awesome some gift posts.

Grabbed Mana crusher at the last minute of the auction. That was pretty entertaining. Have quite a few hidden object games to keep me busy now.

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Ah! Now that I'm home again, time to chronicle the day's gifts and give thanks where thanks is due.

First, @Sumanai uses secret information to hit me with thomas was alone.

7f0bb1c9-c9ba-4eec-b718-62ee4d14afc6.png

Thank you!

Then @Shade‌ sends me Dark Souls II as a friendly gift.

ShadeDarkSoulsII.jpg

Thanks!

And lastly, @übergeek sends me The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav because of whatever I did to get on his List.

ubergeekDarkEyeChainsofSatinav.jpg

Thank you also!

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    was playing Dayz, a game about a terrible future after an apocalypse.. tabbed out to see a copy of Duck Dynasty from @Houn turning my present into a terrible wasteland apocalypse. <3 Thanks so much Houn, i'll be doing the stream either this weekend or next.

I'm either a saint or a monster. Probably both.

Also, I took all that time composing that epic poem and you're not even going to share it with the thread? Cold, man. Cold.

• Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    Guys be on the lookout @berylline is up to no good dropping games on people left and right. She just demanded I go vote in Democracy 3! Thank you and merry christmas!

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    @übergeek crosses my name off the list with Crypt of the Necrodancer! Thanks!

• Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    Looking over the sale prices, there's really nothing tempting me to buy now instead of waiting for a daily. Picked up some DLC that I was waiting for Gale to buy anyway.

Otherwise, I think I'm alright waiting for Dale unless a few dailies get into the stupid low range. Or Drake starts going off about something...

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    That sneaky bunny crept up and slipped this into my library while I wasn't looking!

9i6eagocxmmi.jpg

Thank you so much, @Berylline , it looks really awesome, unusual and different. Looking forward to giving it a whirl. <3

• Options
    Sangheili91Sangheili91 Registered User regular
    Sale! It's so exciting! Now if only I had any money to spend! Haha.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    If it weren't for the graphical update rebuy, and the DLC not being on sale, I'd have snapped up Dark Souls II already.

I can hold myself over with the now GFWL-free Dark Souls though.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    You know, I think the heyday is over.

Like, the first year or two we had the STUPID inexpensive publisher packs, and that's great but them going away is fine.

For the past year or two, the new "sale" mentality settled in, those went away, and the new base value for most games is "drop to $20, throw 75% off in sales." It means no ridiculous deals anymore, but it's great for new people who are just coming in, because they can regularly pick up older games for cheap.

But more and more I'm seeing developers - both indie and major - who set the price for their game, don't change it, and don't have any sales. They're going Nintendo on us. Which I get - like, they'll probably get more money from that, and there's a more persistent "value" to the games. But I can't help feeling sad that a time seems to have passed.

I think it might be their fault as well for not shaking things up. I mean, their auction did sort of shake things up, but only for folks who have a mind for that sort of thing. I'm not one for trying to ascertain the value of one currency over another, and hedge bets to get a thing I want. Especially not when they've basically trained me to wait for dailies and flash sales. I feel like it might be so slow because beyond slowing things down, they also didn't toss in something to keep people "going". I mean, besides voting and checking in at 10am and 10pm, there's really no reason to sit on the Steam page, "just in case". That was all done with the auction. Hell, the Summer game's rules switch up was even fun, to see them actually move to reintroduce that chaos into the sale event.

Past their auction (which seemed to mainly be to introduce gems and the making of items into them) there isn't yet anything to send the Steam groups into a tizzy. :confused:

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular

All three cards dropped in under an hour. They know exactly who they're serving.

Not quite. If they knew there audience that well that would have made it silent or able to mute the audio:) Oh well, I can watch the fsx trailer in a hour.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    striderjg wrote: »

All three cards dropped in under an hour. They know exactly who they're serving.

Not quite. If they knew there audience that well that would have made it silent or able to mute the audio:) Oh well, I can watch the fsx trailer in a hour.

Right click the volume icon in the bottom right corner of your taskbar while the game is running and select Volume Mixer. Mute the game and leave everything else intact.

Madican on
  • Options
    MalakaiusMalakaius KalamazooRegistered User regular
    @Berylline‌ is on a Christmas rampage!
    xa3e1akn4pd1.jpg
    Thanks so much! The last DLC I was missing for Dishonored!

PSN: Malakaius- | Steam: Malakaius Switch: SW-4569-5525-1983
  • Options
    striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    striderjg wrote: »

Right click the volume icon in the bottom right corner of your taskbar while the game is running and select Volume Mixer. Mute the game and leave everything else intact.

Nice thanks:) I didn't know the built in mixer let you adjust the output per program. Now to go see how dorky this trailer is.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    Seeing the games, oddly tempted
    Holding back, becoming demented. :(

As I try to steel my own restraint.
    Showing that the will of a saint.
    :o

steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR