As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Steam Holiday Miracle is over!

• Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Lords of the Fallen being 50% off even outside of the daily bodes well for when it inevitably is part of the daily

It'll probably only be 66% but I'm hoping for 75%.

• DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    B5M17QVIAAAO_h9.jpg

I killed a dinosaur today

theHunter: Primal appeals to me on a fundamental level and I am really, really glad the developer moved away from the horrible f2p pricing scheme of theHunter and have the entire game up for sale for a flat price.

• el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I really like Ground Zeroes (and it runs smoothly on my machine, which I did not expect!)

...but I can't help but think that I should get my hands on Peace Walker somehow, because what is going oooooon

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Hahaha you think playing more Metal Gear games will make them make more sense

• NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Hahaha you think playing more Metal Gear games will make them make more sense
    well, GZ follows directly from the end of Peace Walker in a way that hasn't necessarily been true for the other games

I think you can still find Paz's tapes, which would explain a bit of the relevant plot, but yeah you kind of miss out on a bit

If you can't find time in your life to finish every single mission in Peace Walker and grind up on those bosses and whatnot, there's a pretty damn good LP out there

edited December 2014
    Yeah there seem to be a million tapes and logs for backstory, maybe that'll help

Also thanks for the link, I'll check it out

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    HMMM should I get Door Kickers?

• IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    What a weird feeling when you see a game on sale and go "oh cool I should get that"

only to realize you already have owned it for like a year and haven't played it.

xet8c.gif
  • NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    Yeah there seem to be a million tapes and logs for backstory, maybe that'll help

Also thanks for the link, I'll check it out

just a word of warning, although given that it's the big thing everyone talks about re:GZ you might already know this

chico's tapes get really fucking dark

uncomfortably so

Ground Zeroes pretty much takes place in not!Gitmo, so perhaps it should be expected (especially given the recent scandal regarding the CIA), but man

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Yeah the main campaign of Ground Zeroes is vastly different tone wise from pretty much the entire rest of the series.

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Damn if Fox Engine ain't just the prettiest thing.

Elderlycrawfish on
  • Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Isoldae wrote: »
    What a weird feeling when you see a game on sale and go "oh cool I should get that"

only to realize you already have owned it for like a year and haven't played it.

Happens to me sooooo much.

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    DrDinosaur wrote: »
    B5M17QVIAAAO_h9.jpg

I killed a dinosaur today

theHunter: Primal appeals to me on a fundamental level and I am really, really glad the developer moved away from the horrible f2p pricing scheme of theHunter and have the entire game up for sale for a flat price.

:bigfrown: How could you betray your own kind like this?

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I'm currently playing FEAR which I bought last Summer Sale and it's really good. It feel old-style fps, because it is, but it does things really well. The slomo is wonderful. Fights rarely last more than a few seconds of real time. Some of the weapons feel a bit pointless, why would I switch to the measly burst rifle when I have a nail gun and a shotgun that can cut people in half? That's not an insult to those other weapons, I'm sure they're fine. But they don't nail people to walls or blow them up.

Speaking of people, the AI are great. It's really neat how they flinch and flail. It's actually a little hard to tell when you've killed one because they react so much to getting shot.

The horror is good so far. Even knowing that the horror segments won't hurt me doesn't make them less creepy. The appearance of a ghost soldier is quite tense for a moment before you realise they aren't real, 'whew, I'm only hallucinating'. The game seems quite good at getting into your head, not in any significant way, but certainly for brief moments of WTF. It's less horror and more tension, especially with how fast the combat encounters play out.

I like the realistic environments, there's not too much video game logic. It does mean I will miss the door to the next room from time to time, but I'll usually see it the second time around. I won't spend ten minutes getting frustrated with trying to figure out how to get past a locked door.

And I love the dust and massive craters that get blown in the walls.

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
  • ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    I'm currently playing FEAR which I bought last Summer Sale and it's really good. It feel old-style fps, because it is, but it does things really well. The slomo is wonderful. Fights rarely last more than a few seconds of real time. Some of the weapons feel a bit pointless, why would I switch to the measly burst rifle when I have a nail gun and a shotgun that can cut people in half? That's not an insult to those other weapons, I'm sure they're fine. But they don't nail people to walls or blow them up.

Speaking of people, the AI are great. It's really neat how they flinch and flail. It's actually a little hard to tell when you've killed one because they react so much to getting shot.

The horror is good so far. Even knowing that the horror segments won't hurt me doesn't make them less creepy. The appearance of a ghost soldier is quite tense for a moment before you realise they aren't real, 'whew, I'm only hallucinating'. The game seems quite good at getting into your head, not in any significant way, but certainly for brief moments of WTF. It's less horror and more tension, especially with how fast the combat encounters play out.

I like the realistic environments, there's not too much video game logic. It does mean I will miss the door to the next room from time to time, but I'll usually see it the second time around. I won't spend ten minutes getting frustrated with trying to figure out how to get past a locked door.

And I love the dust and massive craters that get blown in the walls.

I was all about slow-mo pistol headshots.

This always used to carry over into a few hours of Deagle mastery in CS:S.

• nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    Hehehehe @Weaver has a couple new things and he's just snoozing away right now.

DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • ultraexactzzultraexactzz BLEASCHMNN Registered User regular
    So, I hate that the mobile Steam app keeps turning itself on. It will just pop on for no reason. I mean, just today I got an email from Steam, saying that something on my wish list was on sale, and the app pops on.

I got an email...

...oh, wow, well played Gaben.

• SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    I actually think Exile is the best one overall.

Revelations is the worst one.

It's frustrating that Ubisoft hasn't released them digitally.

Agree 100% with this, of the non-uru games Exile is 3rd best easily, and Revelations is worst by a mile.

sig.gif
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited December 2014

Agree 100% with this, of the non-uru games Exile is 3rd best easily, and Revelations is worst by a mile.

on the topic of Myst

I picked up realMyst: Masterpiece Edition last week

and I'm a little disconcerted. As far as I can tell, I finished it, but there's little to no indication to that effect.
    I gave the Myst page to Artus

I went to Rime and aligned the crystals

I mean, I don't really think a credits sequence would fit the game, but ... it just feels like I'm missing something.

Tamin on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    marty_0001 wrote: »

I am seriously debating about it right now
    I know the G&T thread interested me about it but hmm

• PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Geez this region locking thing is really bumming the heck out of me

Peas wrote: »
    Yeah I just read about that, that's actually a real bummer

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    So, I hate that the mobile Steam app keeps turning itself on. It will just pop on for no reason. I mean, just today I got an email from Steam, saying that something on my wish list was on sale, and the app pops on.

I got an email...

...oh, wow, well played Gaben.

yeah, everytime I get mail from steam it turns on. the app is so old and busted.

tKfL2Yd.png?1
    Oh hey, 21 of the 24gb of MGS Revengeance lie in the "movie" folder.
    Nice.

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Oh hey, 21 of the 24gb of MGS Revengeance lie in the "movie" folder.
    Nice.

PS3 games!

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    I
    Peas wrote: »
    Yeah I just read about that, that's actually a real bummer

thank all the scammers

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    nuka wrote: »
    Hehehehe @Weaver has a couple new things and he's just snoozing away right now.

She got me the Ice Cold Paint Jobs and Going East DLCs for Euro Trucks and also Elegy for a Dead World!

Weaver on
  • JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    I thought the region locking was just for places with wildly fluctuating currencies.

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    They're region locking at least Russia, The CIS, Brazil, and Indonesia. But they're only locking gifts. You can buy keys from those regions just fine. I bought Ground Zeroes yesterday from Nuuvem and it activated normally.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Don't know if there's any other games I REALLY want, though if Mordor is heavily discounted I may go for that.

I like CAGs and Schmups, so if any good ones go on sale, I'll probably pick them up

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    JoeUser wrote: »
    I thought the region locking was just for places with wildly fluctuating currencies.

like the 3ds and the question of why?

• David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    marty_0001 wrote: »

I am seriously debating about it right now
    I know the G&T thread interested me about it but hmm

Yes. You should get Door Kickers.

It's not necessarily the most polished experience (though patches have removed stuff like the "throw flashbang through one door, have it fly out another" bugs that it launched with... sadly), but it has a real high "one more try" factor.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »

on the topic of Myst

I picked up realMyst: Masterpiece Edition last week

and I'm a little disconcerted. As far as I can tell, I finished it, but there's little to no indication to that effect.
    I gave the Myst page to Artus

I went to Rime and aligned the crystals

I mean, I don't really think a credits sequence would fit the game, but ... it just feels like I'm missing something.

Nope, you did everything.

Myst just has a really subdued/anticlimactic ending.

IKknkhU.gif
  • monsterrormonsterror HEY ASSBUTT Registered User regular
    Yeah, I had played through realMyst, and when I started Riven, was kind of annoyed with having to go back to the slideshow style, so I looked into realRiven.

Game looks like it will be pretty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7vD3BucwQM

• NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Curious to see the sale point for Endless Legend, don't know to much about it other than it being very well received around here

And just on the off chance it hits 80 or 90%, I'm going to keep an eye on civ v complete to not have to worry about shared library availability

Other than that I think my wallet should be pretty safe during this sale, and I like that voting changed to once daily.

Noggin on
    Battletag: Noggin#1936
    I need a new game, but I'm also incredibly broke until after the sale.

This is the worst timing.

• DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    You've got Euro Truck. You don't need any thing else.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
    Over the weekend, I can go ahead and make us an SE++ Virtual Truck Company, where we log our devlieries and whatnot.

Noggin wrote: »
    Curious to see the sale point for Endless Legend, don't know to much about it other than it being very well received around here

And just on the off chance it hits 80 or 90%, I'm going to keep an eye on civ v complete to not have to worry about shared library availability

Other than that I think my wallet should be pretty safe during this sale, and I like that voting changed to once daily.

I doubt that it'll drop below what it's at now (75% off), since BE is a daily deal, and that means franchise sale most of the time.

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

This discussion has been closed.