As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Metal Gear] Solid V comes out September 1st

Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchscritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
edited March 2015 in Social Entropy++

Speed Racer on

[Metal Gear] Solid V comes out September 1st 196 votes

Metal Gear
2%
BuchwaldRiemannLivesMagic Pink143999 4 votes
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake
1%
darren66Knobjgeis 3 votes
Metal Gear Solid
7%
Penguin IncarnateDarmakZekCptKemzikLibrarian's ghostHeadCreepsPeenDonovan PuppyfuckerTheStigPlatyNogginZayLord_SnotEvilCakePresident Evil 15 votes
Metal Gear Solid 2 (The Correct Answer)
17%
Mojo_JojoNo Great NameFission MailedJayKaosMaddocFuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudCraigopogoSkeithNaphtaliWimbleexistElbasunuProfessor SnugglesworthDragkoniasVann DirasSpeed RacerDiarmuidHakuninUnbreakableVowLockedOnTarget 35 votes
Metal Gear Solid 3
40%
MachwingShortyBarcardiPsychoLarry1Munkus BeaverSyphonBluebombardierAshcroftAlucard6986Raijin QuickfootSkulloRenzoSanderJKKarlGinger MijangoHitsuraptorJean Claude Van CalmRear Admiral ChocoKyouguVeldrin 80 votes
Portable Ops (hahaha yeah right)
3%
lostwordsBad-BeatKilroyDoobhSenorTacosHuntera 6 votes
Metal Gear Solid 4
2%
Mai-Kerochamberlaingodmode-Tal 4 votes
Peace Walker
5%
InquisitorJC of DIturtleantNitsuafirewaterwordElderlycrawfishvagrant_windsPreciousBodilyFluidsCorehealerWeedLordVegetaHelios127 11 votes
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
18%
skyknytJohnHamRinderDeMoNJavenAsharaxxTheySlashThemDepressperadoP10vegeta_666TransporterTallahasseerielChincymcchillaIvanIssacsdurandal4532PeewiMx. QuillAndy JoeWybornFig-D 36 votes
Ground Zeroes
1%
Slacker71KetBra 2 votes

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Metal Gear Solid 3
    Metal Gear?

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Peace Walker
    Poll fails for not having Snake's Revenge listed. :P

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Metal Gear Solid 3
    Haven't played anything past Snake Eater, so I don't know how much my answer counts.

I have no doubt The Phantom Pain will knock it out of the park, though.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Metal Gear Solid 2 is my second favorite Metal Gear.

But only one Metal Gear has Jetstream Sam.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I've never played a Metal Gear

Where is my option in this poll

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    ....Oh, I thought I'd have a chance to add an OP to that poll

Whooooops

Anyway lemme just hit the key points here

-mgs2 is the best metal gear and one of the best video games of all time

-mgs3 is still really good though

-Ive gotten big boss ranking on mgs1 and 2 and I'm working on getting foxhound rank in mgs3, you can watch most nights at plus also I'll post an annoying title screen image whenever I'm streaming

-if you have a giant bomb subscription, Drew Scanlon is playing through MGS2 right now and he's about to start the endgame which everyone knows is amaaaaaazing

-revengeance and ground zeroes are on sale on steam! Revengeance is only six bucks! YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    I've never played a Metal Gear

Where is my option in this poll

Fortunately for you I marked the correct answer on the poll

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    It was 3, followed closely by 4. Really whichever one I've played more recently tends to edge out

Until further notice it is Revengeance, always and forever

• Options
    Also you should definitely buy revengeance, it's super cheap right now and is one of the most easily accessible metal gears since it has very little to do with precious events in the story

• Options
    Also I much prefer Twin Snakes to the PSX version

• Options
    It's good to know that the only one here with good taste

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    eHaMLmf.png

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Larlar

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Metal Gear Solid
    What kind of a basic scrub doesn't include Larlar in their poll options?

What is this, 1996 or some shit?

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Mega Man 2's

• Options
    SkulloSkullo Registered User regular
    Metal Gear Solid 3
    Snake Eater was easily my favorite for the longest period of time, and I would replay it quite often. After you started Big Bossing the Big Shell, I replayed Solid and Sons of Liberty, because I realized it had been forever since I've played them and watched all the cutscenes.

Doing that kind of shook my faith in Three as my favorite Metal Gear/favorite Video Game ever and Big Boss as my favorite Snake. Solid Snake is a lot more of an optimistic character than I remember him being, and I really enjoyed his character in Sons of Liberty and how that game ends.

Still voted for three, just because I think it brings the most stand-alone experience in terms of story and gameplay.

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    nobody else went with the joke option I'm a little miffed about that

• Options
    Metal Gear is serious business

• Options
    SkulloSkullo Registered User regular
    Metal Gear Solid 3
    Huntera wrote: »

I actually like Portable Ops, it's just not my favorite.

I don't think there's been a Metal Gear I've out right hated.

Portable Ops may be forgettable, but it had some story elements I enjoyed. Same goes for Peace Walker.

Ground Zeroes, as much as I dislike it's treatment of characters/the direction it's taking, has the best game play yet.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Metal Gear Solid 3

Metal Gear 4 would be my choice if everything had been like the first level. That later half really kils it for me though (fuck that stealth through the city).

Also 3 has the best stair climb in anything.

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Metal Gear Solid 3
    No Metal Gear Ac!d? For shame.

Aw hell, who am I kidding? I wouldn't have voted for it anyway.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I was gonna vote MGS2, but then I noticed you put Revengeance on there.

I can't vote against the most anime Metal Gear.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    I voted for Portable Ops because someone had to but then I saw that someone already did and now I've wasted my vote.

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Bad-Beat wrote: »
    I voted for Portable Ops because someone had to but then I saw that someone already did and now I've wasted my vote.

I already beat you to the nobody's-favorite-so-i-have-to-vote-for-it train

i hope there are still several more suckers climbin' aboard.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Huntera wrote: »

I'm still considering it, don't worry

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    No regrets with my decision.

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Metal Gear Solid
    Not too surprised, 3 does seem to have the coolest story

I didn't get very far though, so MGS it is

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    a bad thread for bad games

of which metal gear solid 2 is probably the best yeah

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Peace Walker
    This was a very difficult poll.

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Revengeance surprised me with how fun and well-realized it was.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Peace Walker
    For what it adds to Metal Gear's mythology, Portable Ops is a pretty important chapter in the life of Big Boss. The game just hasn't aged well.

Peace Walker from a gameplay standpoint is a mcuh tighter and enjoyable game. Unfortunately most of the major plot elements it needed were already done by Portable Ops, so we got a ton of AI fights instead of against cool ninja guys and weirdos with freeze powers and shit.

It's a shame Konami can't smoosh the two games together or something.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Every Platinum game should just have Rules of Nature added to it by default.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBVJe1wwTVI

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Metal Gear Solid
    Playing MGS with the invisibility suit is the most fun that I had in any of those games (never played Revengeance, yeah, I know) so I voted MGS.

• Options
    Revengeance surprised me with how fun and well-realized it was.

I remember when its first inklings were in the form of a mobile game when the ipad was new, where it was basically a third person fruit ninja

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    My only other Metal Gear experience is the 3DS demo of MGS3.

• Options
    For what it adds to Metal Gear's mythology, Portable Ops is a pretty important chapter in the life of Big Boss. The game just hasn't aged well.

Peace Walker from a gameplay standpoint is a mcuh tighter and enjoyable game. Unfortunately most of the major plot elements it needed were already done by Portable Ops, so we got a ton of AI fights instead of against cool ninja guys and weirdos with freeze powers and shit.

It's a shame Konami can't smoosh the two games together or something.

Other than the main story beats of snake meeting Campbell and learning how to become a leader and ocelot stealing the legacy I really dislike the story of portable ops

Like, grey fox didn't need to be an experimental super soldier prior to becoming the cyborg ninja. And plus where the hell is Naomi if he's busy being Null? Since when is FOX full of COBRA style superheroes? It's just supposed to be a unit of cia agents with military field training, and wasn't snake like, the first FOX operative? Did liquid and solid snake REALLY need the dumb big dramatic prophecy of their birth? How does RAXA even COUNT as a metal gear, and why bring Sokolov back for it?

The time covered by portable ops and peace Walker is a super important piece of the overall timeline and in that regard both games feel like big screwups

• Options
    Although portable ops does deserve credit for coming up with the phrase "intercontinental ballistic metal gear"

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I'm the best metal gear

• Options
    Also fuuuuuuck all the outer heaven fake outs

Army's heaven
    Militaire sans frontieres
    Diamond dogs

Just fucking make it all outer heaven! Why are you making this so complicated!!!!

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Metal Gear Solid 3
    Where is my GIVE US A RELEASE DATE option?

This discussion has been closed.