As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2014: Until next season....

• Options
    msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    It was me all along, @msmya! There's another thing coming, but I don't have a tracking number and don't know when it'll show up. Also, now realizing I wrote "you've have" on that note.

Thank you!!!! :)

• Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    GiftGet-1_zpsf0a91d66.gif
    Hm, what have we here?
    NmjNgHi.jpg

Ooh, a magnetic board! But whatever shall I stick to it?
    cVKjOZR.jpg

Dang, that is a snappy cube! And is that ferrofluid?
    pEXNlXh.jpg

These are really cool, Santa! Though Proxy warned me to expect more? That might be problematic, as I'm out of town next week and nobody's at the address you have for the week after that. Do you need new addresses?

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Santa has let me know that my presents are unlikely to arrive in time. That's fine by me! If I were sitting here waiting and not knowing anything I might be cranky, but since you've let me know it's all good.

And I say that even without the bribery of Steam gifts! Zeno Clash 2, Luftrausers, A Bird Story, and Dysfunctional Systems: Learning to Manage Chaos are all unnecessary but greatly appreciated!

(I know nothing about Dysfunctional Systems: Learning to Manage Chaos except the name. And the name was enough for me to wishlist it)

• Options
    never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
    Santee,
    Your gifts are ordered and en route. I must apologize (publicly, hoping the resulting shame helps compensate) for the lateness of my gifting. Unfortunately, I had a really intense semester at school and exams and papers kept me solidly busy right up until the 17th. But they are on their way, albeit late, and I hope they help make the holidays more itchytasty...err..happy.
    To everyone else,
    I hope your holiday season treats you well. I may be horribly inactive lately but I am ALWAYS watching.

• Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Sorry for the delay. Been quite busy.

Giftget.gif

A preface to the package I received: I was gifted a year's membership to Giant Bomb! I am fan of theirs but never bothered getting a premium membership thing but it was on my mind. Well no more! I have joined an additional flock!

A package from Amazon had arrived. This is nothing new but I noticed it was quite heavier than the items I'd been ordering as of late. I cracked it open a bit and noticed it wasn't something I ordered. I don't have any pet so we'll be joined by Mario.
    20141217_185437_zps9032d067.jpg

So let's crack this baby open!
    20141217_185506_zps456f395f.jpg

Box #1: Oh so that's why it was heavy. A 12 pack of Cheerwind!
    20141217_185650_zps8d72da1e.jpg

Box #2: Infamous - Second Son! Welcome to the PS4 library, game #5. :D
    26f2476c-6503-49c8-8800-6dbc79b32a44_zps42408535.jpg

Thanks so Santa @Kanden ! I hope to channel my thanks through whatever @deveric got for you. :) Can't wait to try out Infamous.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    I'm glad it got to you in one piece! I was terrified that the soda would bust open in transit.

• Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    @Elin‌ Thank you for Guns of Icarus!!!!! I love Steampunk and I love airships!

Will do a gift get this weekend as I'm helping my lady pack for the holidays, but thank you so much!!!!

edit:

What what what?!

Valkyria Chronicles

Dustforce EX

and

Avernum!!!!

You're an amazing Santa, thank you so much.

Grove on
    Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Uh, hey Santa, I might go a little crazy during the Steam sale and buy a few things. Just letting you know.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    Uh, hey Santa, I might go a little crazy during the Steam sale and buy a few things. Just letting you know.

"A few things" heh heh heh ... oh hey ... games on sale ...

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Got a message from a forumer with a tracking number.
    UPS says it should be delivered in 5 business days, which apparently that means 10 normal days, since the ETA is Monday the 29th and it was scanned into their system on the 19th. Holiday maths are confusing and hard.

It didn't come through Proxy though, so to the forumer who PM'd me (who may or may not be my Santa, but will remain unnamed at this point), maybe check your closets and under your bed for angry elves before you sleep too soundly. Proxy gets kinda territorial about doing his thing, and candy cane shanks aren't nearly as festive as they sound.

see317 on
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    GIFT GET

GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

In addition to the earlier-mentioned package, on Wednesday I received a Steam gift of Papers Please!
    MA3yfs3.png

I didn't recognize the name, and a profile search for ObstinateGrove turned up squat, but turns out it was @Grove!
    Grove wrote: »
    I've confirmed my santee received a gift but hasn't posted about it :(

Sorry for the delay. I love every gift, I've wanted to play Papers Please for a while, and when I'm not so busy I will. Thanks so much for everything, Grove!

Grove got me another gift! Camera isn't working at the moment, but he got me this: 7006579-M.jpg I haven't read it before, and I'm looking forward to it! Thanks again, @Grove :D

Wow. Grove just gifted me again, with a Steam gift of Orcs Must Die 2. I'm overwhelmed, I haven't even had time to play Papers Please between this, my SE++ Satan, stuff from friends, stuff from family, and gifts from myself. My poor backlog

You're a saint, @Grove

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

My poor daughter has been in a lot of pain the past few days (teething, getting all 4 of her molars at the same time) so our household has been dealing with high tensions and stress. Today I heard a knock at my door and to my surprise a box figured out how to knock on doors! Okay so now that my dad joke is out of the way here is the loot!
    Instead of putting my drooling, screaming daughter in the picture I used a Christmas tree! Here's the box before I realized that it was my Secret Santa gift!
    wUzlOsQ.jpg

The loot wrapped!
    px7UjqU.jpg

History Repeating: Blue! I've not heard of the Megas (or maybe they've shown up on my Pandora station once before, not sure). Anything Megaman is okay in my book though!
    wYipSmm.jpg

Gift #2's note! I like where this is heading...
    I4K232a.jpg

Score! History Repeating: Red!
    ue7XhCt.jpg

Here are the covers in their glory!
    bZzbDxM.jpg

Gift #3's note! Cats have learned to type!?
    QPtm7BN.jpg

Nope! But they have learned how to place hilarious captions on funny photos!
    x09PIqx.jpg

Here's the haul!
    uy28ZA7.jpg

Thanks @JaysonFour‌, I really mean it. This came at the right time... I was losing my mind. I'm currently rocking out to History Repeating: Blue right now as my daughter is at her grandparent's house! I can't wait until she's old enough to look through this cat picture book too! :)

Here's a clip of the CD for the rest of you folks! Give it a listen!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErshF5xZGWc

Merry Christmas!

• Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Lots of people posting about sending off their packages. It gives me hope Santa hasn't forgotten about me like that asshole the Easter buddy did.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    @ArcSyn continues to bombard me with gifts! The Banner Saga! Been on my wishlist for a while. And now added to my rapidly growing backlog!
    (Also you somehow keep doing this on days I have weird terrible things going on and it's a huge mood booster, so thank you!)

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    @ArcSyn continues to bombard me with gifts! The Banner Saga! Been on my wishlist for a while. And now added to my rapidly growing backlog!
    (Also you somehow keep doing this on days I have weird terrible things going on and it's a huge mood booster, so thank you!)

I'm so glad it came at the right time!

I don't buy for myself during Steam sales anymore. Just can't justify it with my backlog. But I'll gladly worsen anyone else's backlog. :-P

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Sweet mother of all that is holy (night)! I didn't know shipping from US to Canada could be so expensive...
    Is either FedEx or UPS a better international option than USPS? It's just ludicrous how much it is to ship to our hat.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Sweet mother of all that is holy (night)! I didn't know shipping from US to Canada could be so expensive...
    Is either FedEx or UPS a better international option than USPS? It's just ludicrous how much it is to ship to our hat.

USPS shouldn't be that much, if you just send it regular post.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »

Maybe I just need to get it boxed up and take it to an actual post office. Trying to get a shipping price online is not doing anything nice for me (anywhere from $35-60), seems to only be giving Priority and Express mail options. I thought I'd shipped to someone up there in the past and it was nearly so insane.

• Options

Maybe I just need to get it boxed up and take it to an actual post office. Trying to get a shipping price online is not doing anything nice for me (anywhere from $35-60), seems to only be giving Priority and Express mail options. I thought I'd shipped to someone up there in the past and it was nearly so insane.

Yeah you can only buy priorty mail online.

Is it over 4 pounds? That's the limit for 1st class mail. Otherwise you might be stuck with priority.

I know UPS actually offers int'l ground service to canada, so that's cheaper than air, but you're probably still looking at like $30 minimum.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    Hmm...as-is I think I'd end up over 4 pound with box and packing material. May need to change it up a little to reduce weight then.

• Options
    Fill the box with helium balloons. I'm pretty sure that's how that works.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    noir_blood wrote: »
    Lots of people posting about sending off their packages. It gives me hope Santa hasn't forgotten about me like that asshole the Easter buddy did.

It's still technically early, and I've seen a lot of people post about how they let things get away from them and how they are getting their gifts mailed out late, but I also am a bit worried about my Santa. Either he or she is really good and doesn't need to proxy-ask me anything or even contact me at all, or they've forgotten me.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
    Someone just dropped off parcels on my doorstep, rang the bell and took off... AGAIN!! I did not think this would happen two years in a row.
    Just kidding. That would have been crazy though, right?

• Options
    edited December 2014
    noir_blood wrote: »

It's still technically early, and I've seen a lot of people post about how they let things get away from them and how they are getting their gifts mailed out late, but I also am a bit worried about my Santa. Either he or she is really good and doesn't need to proxy-ask me anything or even contact me at all, or they've forgotten me.

Wouldn't it be funny if we were each other's Santas?

I mean we're not.
    Or are we?
    We're not.

noir_blood on
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular

Yeah you can only buy priorty mail online.

Is it over 4 pounds? That's the limit for 1st class mail. Otherwise you might be stuck with priority.

I know UPS actually offers int'l ground service to canada, so that's cheaper than air, but you're probably still looking at like $30 minimum.

Just to keep waving this flag, UPS or FedEX will be cheaper for you, but they'll incur charges for your Santee. Any courier will, as they have this entirely bullshit customs process where they automatically broker on your behalf, and then charge you for it. Nothing quite as annoying as getting a bill for $15.85, where $.10 of that is actual tax, and the rest is a more or less artificial handling fee.

Otherwise, the information you've received is pretty good. Indeed, you should be able to ship to Canada for a bit cheaper than that. As far as your memory goes, you guys had some shenanigans over the last year +/- a few months. USPS couldn't compete with the couriers, so they lowered national rates, and increased international rates. Sad, but ... have to live with it.

• Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Well Santa, I went to the post office today to find the package you sent me, but they were closed. I will call on Monday to work something out, or stop by on the 24th.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular

If I remember your general location from previous years right, you could probably deliver it yourself cheaper

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Drive across the border and send it from a Canadian post office?

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

It was many nights before Christmas, and everyone was bored
    chgOFoL.jpg?1

A wild card appears!
    WdnUI93.jpg?1

Seems like Santa snuck in while we were sleeping
    AgQ7llr.jpg?1

Let's see...
    Mittens!
    sCxUj1I.jpg?1
    An appropriate tribute from the colonies, and very handy for winter dog walking.

'A delicious sugary treat' ooo
    Jellybeans! Everyone loves jellybeans, sadly they are not for dogs
    eGsdD2L.jpg?1

'My very favourite book'. Score, looks like all those reading lessons paid off
    A Canticle for Leibowitz, I've never heard of it but it's post-apocolyptic sci-fi which is exactly my cup of tea. I'll get right on it as soon as I've finished Fables. You've lost the dog, though.
    nefojcs.jpg?1

'LISTEN!' Only one thing springs to mind when I hear that..
    The Legend of Zelda for piano! Amazing gifting, I almost bought this myself a couple of months ago but held off. Plus I just passed my grade 2 exam (with merit!)
    cwCqsRl.jpg?1
    It makes a great addition to my current collection
    GZP3taF.jpg?1

Well, looks like that's everything. What a great first year for...huh, wait a sec..

It looks like dog santa came for a visit too!
    vnGtoVE.jpg?1

Venison bites, tasty. She's actually caught (and killed) a couple of rabbits and a couple of pheasants in the fields recently, so she definitely has a taste for meat. Haven't seen a deer for a while though, so this will make a nice change
    lPIhcOR.jpg?1

Let's see if it passes the test
    Looks like a yes!
    r7wSHDH.jpg?1

Hooray for santa @Bear is Driving

(he also has a cool real name)

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    @grove got a little confused on how the Santa/Santee relationship works and he gifted me Risk of Rain :) I blame the Steam thread, you go too near that thread and you get a contact class high.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Rami wrote: »
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

It was many nights before Christmas, and everyone was bored
    chgOFoL.jpg?1

A wild card appears!
    WdnUI93.jpg?1

Seems like Santa snuck in while we were sleeping
    AgQ7llr.jpg?1

Let's see...
    Mittens!
    sCxUj1I.jpg?1
    An appropriate tribute from the colonies, and very handy for winter dog walking.

'A delicious sugary treat' ooo
    Jellybeans! Everyone loves jellybeans, sadly they are not for dogs
    eGsdD2L.jpg?1

'My very favourite book'. Score, looks like all those reading lessons paid off
    A Canticle for Leibowitz, I've never heard of it but it's post-apocolyptic sci-fi which is exactly my cup of tea. I'll get right on it as soon as I've finished Fables. You've lost the dog, though.
    nefojcs.jpg?1

'LISTEN!' Only one thing springs to mind when I hear that..
    The Legend of Zelda for piano! Amazing gifting, I almost bought this myself a couple of months ago but held off. Plus I just passed my grade 2 exam (with merit!)
    cwCqsRl.jpg?1
    It makes a great addition to my current collection
    GZP3taF.jpg?1

Well, looks like that's everything. What a great first year for...huh, wait a sec..

It looks like dog santa came for a visit too!
    vnGtoVE.jpg?1

Venison bites, tasty. She's actually caught (and killed) a couple of rabbits and a couple of pheasants in the fields recently, so she definitely has a taste for meat. Haven't seen a deer for a while though, so this will make a nice change
    lPIhcOR.jpg?1

Let's see if it passes the test
    Looks like a yes!
    r7wSHDH.jpg?1

Hooray for santa @Bear is Driving

(he also has a cool real name)

Bear sent me sweet Canada mittens 2 years ago they are the best!

• Options
    cornellcornell Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Giftget.gif

Oh man, Santa came today in a big way!

The box, with bonus cat inspection:
    hJXtO6w.jpg

The contents, note included:
    WFexmot.jpg

Cornell~
    I tried to get Dean and Seth to come to your house for a private event, but it turns out they just don't do that! Also I'm not a millionaire. Anywho, you'll just have to take these, and use your imagination. Also included is the most ridiculous way to acquire diabetes I've ever seen. Enjoy! And you have one last puzzle to claim your final gift. You must solve the mystery of deciphering my steam name, and then friending me on Steam. Oh, what could it ever be?

The goods laid out on the couch:
    hG26pIY.jpg

Gift one, the Lunatic Fringe!:
    hqobsCG.jpg

Gift two, an enemy of the state:
    OLWqrMY.jpg

Gift three, A LOT OF CHOCOLATE:
    3wRAp5Z.jpg

Final product:
    k6P5I1g.jpg

An Under The Christmas tree match:
    tNdNtAs.jpg

The exact moment I got diabetes:
    pXC0I9o.jpg

Bonus, the former Shield members trying to murder a certain UFC star we aren't allowed to talk about in the SE Wrestlethread anymore:
    XVj8uvg.jpg

@Aioua! You CRUSHED it! I'll be hunting you down on Steam, Merry Christmas!

cornell on
  • Options
    OK I totally got a rad idea for my santee's painting and it's now underway. I am literally down to watching paint dry so I can get this thing finished and into a box off to lands unknown.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I was looking at that Reese's thinking, it's not that much chocolate... But then I saw its size in relation to a human being.

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Forgive me Santa for I have sinned. I went to games workshop today and couldn't stop myself from buying the Space Hulk board game.

Thankfully though I think that's the only thing I'm buying for myself for a while.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    @cornell‌ I'm glad you liked it! I'm at a party right now but I'll check stream when I get home.

• Options
    cornellcornell Registered User regular
    @cornell‌ I'm glad you liked it! I'm at a party right now but I'll check stream when I get home.

Found you!

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Oh Lord someone got Beanboozled. Taste them and know pain.

• Options
    I was looking at that Reese's thinking, it's not that much chocolate... But then I saw its size in relation to a human being.

What if @cornell just has a tiny head?

• Options

Each cup is only half a pound.