As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Camp Comic] Friday, December 19, 2014 - Repetition

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited December 2014 in Camp Weedonwantcha

image[Camp Comic] Friday, December 19, 2014 - Repetition

Repetition

Repetition

http://campcomic.com/comic/165

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• whigwamwhigwam Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    The return of Proto Kid! http://campcomic.com/comic/24

whigwam on
  • MarlonMarlon Registered User regular
    So the kids wear one of three different shirts and I thought that corresponded to what year they were sent to the camp. Proto kid seems to have the same shirt as Malachi, but I thought he was the first kid sent to the camp. Or maybe the kids were wrong about that or maybe my theory was wrong or maybe I am reading into this too much. This comic is still funny.

• Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular
    As we have long suspected, cats are masters of irony.

Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion.

- John Stuart Mill
  • AriWerdAriWerd Registered User regular
    Malachi is the only one still with shoes, right? So is losing shoes to Proto Kid going to be a crossing of the threshold for Mal? Kinda scary, Katie.

Also, I haven't seen a single cat! Ha!

• ZankmanZankman Registered User regular
    I feel like Malachi will go "AWWWWWWWWWW HELL NAW" if Proto Kid tries to take his shoes and, hence, retain possession of them.

• BaronHaynesBaronHaynes Registered User new member
    It took me a couple reads to realize that Proto Kid is just repeating phrases he hears, not actually answering Malachi. This is really creepy and good.

• DanTheMeekDanTheMeek Registered User new member
    @Marion

Well Proto-Kid does have a history of theft, so its not unreasonable that he's simply stolen another kid of Malachi's year's clothes. Having said that, which strip led you to believe this year based clothing theory, I don't recall reading anything about that, was it just a fan theory from the comments?

In an unrelated comment, love that the hidden cat is actually part of a gag this time. Definitely made me smile.

• Talyn RahlTalyn Rahl Registered User regular
    Welp... Malachi's dead.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy :p

• hajenhajen Registered User regular
    poor Mal, he's so confused; he's supposed to be looking for a daddy cat:
    one who is in a committed and loving relationship with momma cat, legally and lawfully recognized by his relevant local governance unit.
    one who has been tragically torn away from a family he treasures, by the vagaries of chance, and not a wonton disregard for his familial obligations.

his search shall always fail as long as he is looking for a 'single' cat. ;)

• DrakienDrakien Registered User new member
    These woods reminds me of LIMBO... Hopefully Malachi will have better luck...

• Sensei Le RoofSensei Le Roof Registered User regular
    I don't think she got his point. Maybe he should say it again.

• tdahnerttdahnert Registered User new member
    All this shoe talk got me looking at the strip way deeper than I usually do. Has anyone noticed that Malachi has shoes in Interrogation, loses them for stick around, and has donned them again now? Does this happen often in single day story threads and I've just been missing it, or was it a mistake?

• trickcyclisttrickcyclist Registered User regular
    The backgrounds in this are amazing! Loving the art, Katie :D

• FieryCocoaFieryCocoa Registered User regular
    Woo! Team ProtoKid!
    MalachiXProto

• MartynMartyn Registered User regular
    Wow. Given that it's been proven that there's an actual mountain lion running around loose, everybody in the strip seems to have become very relaxed about it. The cat may find Malachi first.

• MrNumbersMrNumbers Registered User regular
    What is this kid eating/doing to get this chubby?

• DublinDublin Registered User regular
    Oh my, ProtoKid's eyes actually reflect light in the dark. That's quite something to consider when dealing with suck ProtoKid...

• Mjolnir74Mjolnir74 Registered User regular
    Found the cat! Whoops! That's not a cat!

I really did find the cat, though.

• WaxxyOneWaxxyOne Registered User regular
    Ummm... Malachi has shoes in Stick Around.

• captainpyro21captainpyro21 Registered User regular
    Does anyone else read ProtoKid in Gollum's voice?

• Guardianknight85Guardianknight85 Registered User regular
    Does anyone else read ProtoKid in Gollum's voice?

Yes! That is exactly the thought that went through my mind!

• SlumberySlumbery Registered User new member
    edited December 2014
    I wonder if the kid is this fat because of the eaten cats or because of the eaten kids. In the first case Malachy can get away just loosing some shoes. In the latter case maybe some legs...

BTW, you cannot see human eyes in the dark like this. Even cat eyes are this visible only when they are looking in the direction of a relatively strong light (camp fire or hand-light) from the dark. Human eyes won't shine even then, since humans do not have light reflecting layer in their eyes.
    At the other hand this is not a strictly realistic comic, so maybe he got the light reflecting layer from eating so many cats or just magically mutated in the dark forest. :)

Slumbery on
  • DaminiDamini Registered User regular
    God, this kid's scary. so funny how Malachi is oblivious to his weirdness

• SIXytSIXyt Esq STLRegistered User regular
    Poor Malachi, He just wants his dad that left his family to come back, and ya know go home and all...

• protokiddprotokidd Registered User regular
    Cat's in the second panel. :D But slowly but surely we're getting to the Malachi before coming into camp.

• metfanscmetfansc Registered User regular
    Everything about this kid is creepy, but the shape of his profile shot in panel 10 just freaks me out. Going to be interesting to see what this kid is eating and drinking.

• GlarblukGlarbluk Registered User regular
    @Whigwam

Dude, Brian actually spoke in that comic, never noticed it before...

• whigwamwhigwam Registered User regular
    Yes, he was a bit chattier early on. I think the next time Brian spoke up was when he guided Malachi to the land of safe poops.

• kateberlykateberly Registered User regular
    PROTOKID?

• Spyke66Spyke66 Registered User regular
    I like Malachi's actual hair, a bit shorter than his early haircut