As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Superheroes] Is it too late to change the thread title?

BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
edited January 2015 in Social Entropy++
BionicPenguin on

• SnowbearSnowbear Registered User regular
    Superheroes are cool I guess

8EVmPzM.jpg
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Parker! Bring me pictures of superheroes!

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    You goddamn nerds

• KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    You goddamn nerds

says the man with a hawkeye tattoo

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i like jessica drew's new costume

liEt3nH.png
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Oh shit, is that the new costume

That's really cool

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    I like the costume, for the most part, but I'm a bit iffy on the mask.

But it is pretty sweet in shades mode.

Kilroy wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    You goddamn nerds

says the man with a hawkeye tattoo

Nah man that's just cool guy action stuff

• Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular

This is pretty excellent

Although I'd be lying if I didn't admit to liking it in jacket form more than costume form

Not to knock the costume, which is great

But that is a really slick jacket

• NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    i really hope this is a trend

one, away from skintights

two, this could actually be merch that someone could buy and wear. and if there is anything disney does well, its merch.

rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Good ol' Mike LL drew a Spider-Woman.

tumblr_ngvu4jHTtn1r41zlxo1_500.jpg

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Thats a sweet costume. And i miss mike!

• gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    If anyone here plays Marvel Heroes, logging in to the game today (before midnight PST) gets you a free holiday Groot team-up, and logging in on Christmas Eve gets you a free random hero.

• KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular

b1ehrMM.gif
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    chiasaur11 on
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Wasn't sure what thread to post this in, but I figure the end result has the mostly likely chance of being posted in here.

So, I woke up to a confirmation email that I now have a Loot Crate subscription... and after checking my CC's timestamps and such, I apparently did this myself while asleep.

Guess I'm sleepwalking again, huzzah?

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Wasn't sure what thread to post this in, but I figure the end result has the mostly likely chance of being posted in here.

So, I woke up to a confirmation email that I now have a Loot Crate subscription... and after checking my CC's timestamps and such, I apparently did this myself while asleep.

Guess I'm sleepwalking again, huzzah?

*reads site*

what

wat

edit: I mean... I give them $20 (ish) a month, and they send me a box each month worth (at least) $40, full of random geeky things. That doesn't seem... profitable?

edit x2: maybe the companies involved are doing so in the expectation / hope that a customer will be introduced to their product (line) and give them direct business afterward.

Tamin on
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    It's worth $40 based off like... shelf prices

Not what they're paying via special deals with companies because they have thousands of people subscribing

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Also, they buy in massive bulk.

• TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    It's worth $40 based off like... shelf prices

Not what they're paying via special deals with companies because they have thousands of people subscribing

Yeah, I figured the companies were subsidizing them like that.

Still. I'm a little dubious, but look forward to any unboxing posts from WiseManTobes.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Bearing in mind that dumb geek bullshit has a high markup.

Technically, the dumb Deadpool socks that came in one of my Loot crates for the short time I was subscribed was "worth" like fifteen bucks.

EDIT: Yeah I think I mentioned it in another thread but I grabbed a three month subscription earlier this year, and thought it was fucking garbage.

Maddoc on
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Great deal for Americans, less so for a Canadian like me, because it's like 29$ a month for 40$ worth of stuff, so meh, but whatever, I needed some shelf trinkets, just gotta remember to cancel sub after that 3rd month , because of course sleepy me went for 3 month instead of 1,( at least sleepy me was smart enough to use the anniversary code that it says in the top banner to use so got a couple bucks off it looks like)

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
    it's like if you got mailed boxes from costco

liEt3nH.png
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I'd do the loot crate, except I already have too much random bullshit.

• noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Loot Crate seems to be for people that want geek stuff but are to lazy, unimaginative to go out and buy it themselves.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    it's for people who think that liking geeky stuff means you like everything ever that has been considered "geeky"

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    I always got the impression it was mostly surplus stuff from cons

• HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    My concern was alway that yes there would be a thing or two in there I like and want, but what about all the other crap that would show up every month that I don't care about? In short order it would be coming out my ears!

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    So reading the latest Secret Avengers. I really need to read more Ales Kot stuff huh?

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    i mean, it's more for those who want to be surprised by the random nature of it

if that's not your thing then yeah it's dumb to get

liEt3nH.png
    I'm watching this episode of Superman TAS where he has to pose as Batman for a while

I think the last time I saw it was when it aired? So I've completely forgotten all the great little animation touches of how Clark carries himself differently and holds his head weird and fumbles around in the utility belt while Gordon stares at him

It's great and I keep giggling like a lunatic

"You are every bit the detective that your followers on the internet believe."

Hahahahaha

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    So reading the latest Secret Avengers. I really need to read more Ales Kot stuff huh?

you should check out Zero, definitely

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I've said it before, but Superman is my favorite series out of the DCAU

• KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    I bet they're going with the DCAU version of Brainiac in the movies. The comic version of Brainiac is too convoluted. Although, they'll probably make it so that Luthor or the military builds Brainiac from some recovered Kryptonian technology.

And despite all the talk about BvS being based on TDKR and Snyder having consulted Frank Miller, I really hope that they can at least have some of the charm and sense of adventure that the DCAU Batman/Superman World's Finest episodes.

• nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    I bet they're going with the DCAU version of Brainiac in the movies. The comic version of Brainiac is too convoluted. Although, they'll probably make it so that Luthor or the military builds Brainiac from some recovered Kryptonian technology.

And despite all the talk about BvS being based on TDKR and Snyder having consulted Frank Miller, I really hope that they can at least have some of the charm and sense of adventure that the DCAU Batman/Superman World's Finest episodes.

Has Brainiac been announced for BvS? Cause I think that ship sailed with MoS.

Quire.jpg
This discussion has been closed.