As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DmC: Devil May Cry - Ignore the OP/outrage, it's pretty damn good.

1808182838486»

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    If you really like the shotgun in dmc games transporter, did you know about this little trick? In DMC4 if you hold the gun button down to charge up your gun(I remapped it) your gunslinger e&i and shotgun style attacks get heavily boosted stun and extra damage.
    I'm not talking about hammering the shoot button and firing them off. I'm talking about Twosome time, rainstorm, honeycomb fire, the shotgun stinger and the nunchuck shotgun move. All of them do ridiculous stun. Charged air nunchucks will strip the cloak off a mephisto if you jump into them so all three shots connect, charge shotgun stinger will knock a frost on its ass instantly, breaking its frost armor in one shot, and charged Honeycombo fire can stunlock those golden knights infinitely.
    It's worth remapping your shoot button in dmc4 because otherwise, its sad to say, but you just aren't playing the most powerful version of these characters. It's too hard to keep it charged with the default mapping.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Monger wrote: »
    I never got far into DMC1. 3 was the first game in this genre that I played, and I just couldn't deal with the backwards button mapping and the camera when I went back to the first game. I meant to give it another try when the HD collection came out because it seems otherwise excellent, but never got around to picking it up.

One of these days.

Play the modded PC version and remap your stuff.
    Talking about DMC1, not 3. HD collection DMC1 has remappable buttons, which is why I'd take a crack at it over my PS2 copy.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    I still haven't played 1 myself.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Phantom threw me for a huge loop when I first played DMC1, because my initial instinct was to stay away from the giant spider and shoot it to death.

Took me a while to figure out that stabbing it repeatedly was much more effective.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Speaking of spiders royal guard in dmc3 is the best spider repellant. You know that counter they do? It's really easy to roll-parry it because it never varies its timing.
    So you just play prince of persia parry wars until you get enough charge and then you blow it away with a jump just release. I have a really vivid memory of the first time I did this. It felt so good.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    O gad please come to PC. Pleeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    HOLY SHIT

MANUAL LOCK ON?

I

FUCKING

LOLED

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    HeraldSHeraldS Registered User regular
    I forgot how much I enjoyed this game. I think I need to play it again.