As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Christmas [phalla] Werewolf, Hermit, and Tanner victory

Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
edited January 2015 in Critical Failures
Day 3 - These are not the fangs you're looking for

"But I did! I tried to kill him, I swear," Thetheroo shouted. "Langly should be dead! The sheriff left me his gun and charged me to protect us all. The only reasonable thing to do is string him up at sunrise." The collective wisdom of the village agreed. Little did they know he owned no weapons and did took no such action. His only goal was to stir up distrust trouble. He was shocked when Langly's body erupted into flame in the rising sun after his hanging. Langly screams drowned out the roar of the flames until finally there was nothing left. Nothing but dust in the wind.

The new sheriff, however, knew better. He had been the deputy and it was to him that his gun had been passed down to. He called out Thetheroo after Langly's lynching. He would have no more of Thetheroo's rabble rousing in his village. He would restore order. The sheriff took out his gun and opened fire. "Finally!" Thetheroo cried as the shot pierced his heart. As he laying bleeding out on the cobblestone street, he weakly held a single middle finger to the village and grinned. Then expired. The [Phalla]-ville mob, lead astray by one madman though h had uprooted evil, parted and returned to their daily chores.

That night the howls returned. In the morning they woke to find discrider torn to bits in his home. The village medium, Phyphor, was found dead in the graveyard. He was found facedown, his eyes clawed out, against the grave of Sir Fabulous. He had apparently been attempting to contact the recently departed mason to discover the identities of his brothers. The werewolves did not look favorable on contacting the dead, it seemed.

Langly - Vampire strung up and lynched, immolated in the daylight
Thetheroo - Tanner shot by the Sherrif
discrider - Villager mauled to death by the pack
Phyphor - Medium eyes gouged out by large claws

Thethero is victorious! Congratulations.

Day three continues.

PMs are still going out. Please hold until I give the all clear.

Link to the previous thread: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/195272/chrisrmas-phalla-day-2-when-things-begin-to-look-grim/p17

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
Mikey CTS on
Β«13456719

• Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Player Sign-ups!
    1. Langly
    2. Houn
    3. JPants
    4. Trust
    5. Grunt's Ghosts
    6. DasUberEdward
    7. Delmain
    8. Element Brian
    9. spool32
    10. SLyM
    11. Rawkking Goodguy
    12. So It Goes
    13. Jokerman
    14. TehSloth
    15. Flarne
    16. fightinfilipino
    17. Bedlam
    18. Lucedes
    19. kime
    20. shalmelo
    21. TheRoadVirus
    22. Rainfall
    23. Goose!
    24. The Brayster
    25. evilbob
    26. premium
    27. jdarksun
    28. Nirya
    29. Oats
    30. Teucrian
    31. vagrant_winds
    32. ObiFett
    33. discrider
    34. Drez
    35. Buddha73
    36. Wash
    37. Sir Fabulous
    38. ecco the dolphin
    39. The Anonymous
    40. Jay Kaos
    41. Kaplar
    42. 38th Doe
    43. Phyphor
    44. Thetheroo
    45. Gizzy
    46. Zombie Hero
    47. lonelyahava
    48. Egos
    49. MrTLicious

Reserves
    1. Mill
    2. miscellaneousinsanity

Clarifications
    Delmain wrote: Β»
    What time is vote close?

Vote close will be at 11:00pm EST.
    Jokerman wrote: Β»
    When does the game start?.

I will take a straw poll at the end of the night. If everyone agrees, I will close sign-ups and we'll start Day 1 tomorrow. If everyone wants to wait for more players, then Day 1 will start the day after Christmas.
    @Mikey CTS: So, being dead in this phalla, was your Day 1 starting narration your one-time Ghost Post? Or are you breaking your own rules and giving yourself more ghost posts than the one outlined in your rules in the very first post under the line"After you have died you will be allowed a single ghost post. You may not share any game knowledge through this post."?

I wanna know if that's the last narration we will ever get or if you're above the law.?

I am not an actual participant in this game. My death is just a narrative mechanism to jumpstart the game
    Are there any conversions in this game?

There are no conversions.
    What is the order of actions?

vote, guards, kills, other, seer
    What happens in the event of a vote tie?

Both players in the tie die.

In reference to questions regarding the possibility of Mill's entry into the game:
    Mikey CTS wrote:
    No new roles were generated and none of the inactivus folks were replaced.
    Egos wrote: Β»

If someone is guarded are they informed they were guarded?

Yes.
    Are busdrivers in the game?

No. Fuck busdrivers.
    Do roleblocks count as kills or other in the Order of Operations

They count as kill or "attack" actions. Obviously, the roleblock is slightly faster than an actual vig in order to block vigs.
    Mill wrote: Β»
    @Mikey CTS Will players be told, if they have been roleblocked?

Only if they take an action that would be blocked. For example, if a vanillager is roleblocked he or she will not be informed because they have no actions to take.

Mikey CTS on
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Inactivus is gonna have a field day

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    ITS A FESTIVUS MIRACLE!

• KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Delmain

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
  • Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    @So It Goesβ€Œ

In light of forum shenanigans, the vote will be extended till tomorrow night at 11pm EST.

• TrustTrust Registered User regular
    We Stand Ready
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    noooo no vote extension.

:(

Sad Ahava

• ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    oooOOOooooooOOooo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVOG7Yt_9FE

oooOOOooooooOOOooo

• MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    GG

:P

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    also

TOTALLY CALLED IT about Roo Lying.

CALLED. IT.

I just, couldn't figure out why he was lying.

Premium

• The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    I'm gonna keep my vote from yesterday

Drez

Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
    also

TOTALLY CALLED IT about Roo Lying.

CALLED. IT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQQVGivMll4

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    So, I'm going to admit I haven't been paying that much attention, what with all the holiday cheer in this house. So, until more posts appear with better reasoning than "lightningwolf", I'm going to put another vote on Kime. Just to have something on the books.

my reasoning for Premium is mostly a gut reaction to some of his posts on previous days. Something about them just reminded me of what I would post.

"vaguely helpful sentence here"
    "miniscule effort to look like i'm paying attention"
    "vote for the primary vote target because then I can hide"

curious about Kaplar

also the title of an upcoming book

if people are wondering why, zhero's only post and people who had 3 votes on them. circumstantial.

• So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Wow I'm sorry, did not see any new posts in this thread which is on my favorites list?

because its a new thread :rotate:

• So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Oh hm

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I did suspect Roo was lying about being a vig, never occurred to me we'd have one of those wants-to-die guys though.

Wait. Phyphor was the one with the magic box in his sig wasn't he. I just found out what that was, too.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    my reasoning for Premium is mostly a gut reaction to some of his posts on previous days. Something about them just reminded me of what I would post.

"vaguely helpful sentence here"
    "miniscule effort to look like i'm paying attention"
    "vote for the primary vote target because then I can hide"

Ditto for Gizzy as well.

I joke voted for Gizzy day one, but now, it seems I must do it... for realsies!

Gizzy

Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
    ok, so

We have a sheriff. Another one. and it does look like they are vig type characters.

There being 2 likely means and Even/Odd night kills.

So the Sheriff we lost on Day 1 was the Odd night, and the sheriff that got rid of Roo was the Even night. So if this theory pans out, then we don't have an extra village kill tonight, just the vote. Which is going to hurt.

The Medium? Hmmm. Going out on a limb here and saying that the Medium is likely a "speak to the dead" type of role. They can choose a dead person and relay a message from them to the village.

Or

They were able to put information into the narration.

Or

They were some form of a seer.

We've already lost an Aura seer, which is likely somebody that can see good/bad, but probably not the type of good/bad. They get a basic thumbs up/thumbs down as opposed to getting "you have found a werewolf" "you have found the sheriff" But that doesn't matter too much since we lost that role.

Although, since there was a speciifcally named Aura Seer, that could mean that there are more than 1 type of seer in the game. Action seer, role seer, fake seer? Lots of possibilities. So the village may not be completely fucked.

There is still likely a guard somewhere out there, presumably at least one more mason brother, if not plural. Looking at the other roles here, there's likely some lovers scattered amongst the mix. There is a roleblock of some kind. There are no bus drivers. There was one serial killer at least and one Tanner (god I hate you, Roo).

This game is so far beyond standard....

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I've never seen that role before.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    In that mafia web game that was going around a little while back, the Medium could talk to all the dead at night, and once they died, they could talk to one living person one time and tell them things.

Some mafia games just give you the name in red or green or whatever (basically the equivalent of :+1: or :-1: ). It's kinda giving a fanciful name to it, if it is that.

38thDoe, Which role? I mentioned a lot of roles in that post.

In that mafia web game that was going around a little while back, the Medium could talk to all the dead at night, and once they died, they could talk to one living person one time and tell them things.

the awful,awful web game with awful pubbies.

mainly awful because you couldnt' customize your lobby ...much

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    We don't know that the Medium was a seer or could speak to the dead. They could just as easily have been a taco seasoning. I fully expect Mild and Hot to show up in the death toll soon. I'm willing to bet this isn't even taking place in a real village but rather we are locked in a giant Taco Bell made to look like a village. Damned burritomen!

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    That whole Roo and Langly thing is hilarious

But now I have no idea who to vote for. Ahava is clearly paying a ton of attention to the game so let's go with her gut: premium

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    38thDoe, Which role? I mentioned a lot of roles in that post.

Ugh bad timing on my post, I was typing my post about thetheroo's role to get vigged.

38thDoE on steam

edited December 2014

Mainly awful because that repick vote didn't succeed. ;)

edit: Mainly on account of Delmain.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

• MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Just to clear up some confusion:

A lot of the roles are from Ultimate Werewolf. Aura seer finds village specials. Tanner/Vampire are also from there (note also that there could be more than 1 vampire). Medium is not from that AFAIK. Given that, I think it's more likely that we have a backup sheriff than that we have even/odd. Though we'll find out tonight most likely.

and with that bit of speculation/thought for the day

I'm going to go buy furniture

• DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: Β»

hahahaha

when the one pubbie in the group with like, 9 of us tried to get us to re-pick Infidel?

haaaaaahahahahahaha

• evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Narration reads much more like a backup sheriff than odd/even day sheriffs.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: Β»

hahahaha

when the one pubbie in the group with like, 9 of us tried to get us to re-pick Infidel?

haaaaaahahahahahaha

What does repicking mean? Haven't played this web game.

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    ok, so

We have a sheriff. Another one. and it does look like they are vig type characters.

There being 2 likely means and Even/Odd night kills.

"The new sheriff, however, knew better. He had been the deputy and it was to him that his gun had been passed down to."

Reading is fundamental ahava. You can't just read the dead list. You have to read the naration too.

Also, that means we can grudge the fuck out of Buddha73 for being an inactive fucking Vig.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular

The web game is imbalanced as hell.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //