As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

WOOP WOOP IT'S THE LOOT THREAD

BroloBrolo BroseidonLord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
There's one week left until Xmas!

So far I've already gotten some beers via my secret santa:

WSvj1qdl.jpg
Not pictured: 4x beers that I've already drunk.

And a new pair of glasses from my girlfriend!
FnT9Tgf.png

And I plan on giving:
A messenger bike bag for my brother in law.
qJonozYl.jpg

These earrings for my sister:
yJWrqqw.jpg

Need to find a cheap PS3 for my brother to replace his now-broken one.

Not sure what to get my dad yet.

Some jewellery for my mom.

Some Duplo for my nephew:
eJ2QyZ3.jpg

What are you gifting SE++?

What have you gotten SE++?

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Also still planning this for MY GIRLFRIEND. Please do not read this if you are MY GIRLFRIEND:
    Rsdv07i.png

She really likes riding so I figure we can try this out together!

I'm still trying to come up with some more stuff for her, feed me back joke suggestions (and real suggestions too if you're into that).

• NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Not sure what to get my dad ever.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I've got my dad slippers and a jumper, which are just the most dad of presents. My bro I have also got slippers because he is turning into our dad. My mum I've got Take That's new album. My recently-ex-landlady's 2yo boy I got some Play Doh.

No idea what to get my future sister in law. I suck at buying gifts for anyone whose tastes and interests are not identical to mine.

• PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I got my dad a belt and a book, my mom some pandora earrings and a book, my brother this, mounted on a board and this as a stocking stuffer.

I'm still looking for something small to get my dad, and maybe something small to get my brother.

Noggin wrote: »
    Brolo wrote: »
    Not sure what to get my dad ever.

Things my dad will actually accept as gifts:

Golfing things he will not use.
    Party clothes he will not wear.
    DVDs he will not watch.

Things my dad will argue about receiving as a gift but actually enjoy:

Tickets to shows/places.
    Going out to dinners.
    Food/booze.

Things my dad will say when asked what he wants:

"I just want you and your brother and sister to join me for a family christmas dinner".
    Socks.
    Gifts so expensive he knows we can't afford them "A NEW JAGUAR MADE OUT OF SOLID GOLD".

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I actually hope for new socks this year because I ruined a lot of my old ones

• BerkBerk THE BUDGIE SMUGGLER Registered User regular
    bought some glenfiddich the day as a wee winter treat for no topping masel' another year

sig-1.jpg
  • Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    I got a six day work week, the house to myself, and bought myself a PS4.

Getting my girlfriend a Fitbit Charge HR when they release.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    My boss bought me a bottle of Ardbeg Uigeadail whisky which is absolutely gorgeous. It's incredibly peaty and I love it.

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    My parents are the hardest to buy for so this year they're getting a donation to their favourite charities in their name and a bottle of salad dressing from Hope Blooms, a group of kids from one of the poorer parts of town who have been maintaining a herb garden on a patch of land donated by the city and making and selling (amazing) salad dressing at the farmer's market.

• NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    My mom is easy enough to buy for but my dad is impossible because he buys stuff for himself all the time.

we have the most fun shopping for the nieces and nephews

oh how we spoil them

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    My wife bought me this albeit two months ago, http://www.volantedesign.us/product/the-demon-killer/. I purchased two of my friends custom Little Mac and Thor posters from Etsy. My wife is getting a ton of stuff for our new house and something small from me. My son is 4 so he is getting a bunch of little toys. Especially since my brother and dad went in on a $400 electric toy ATV for him back in September for his birthday. Who can compete with that? Still not sure what I am doing for my brother, mother, and father. We are not a big gift giving family really so it will probably be a few smaller things.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
    furlion wrote: »
    My wife bought me this albeit two months ago, http://www.volantedesign.us/product/the-demon-killer/. I purchased two of my friends custom Little Mac and Thor posters from Etsy. My wife is getting a ton of stuff for our new house and something small from me. My son is 4 so he is getting a bunch of little toys. Especially since my brother and dad went in on a $400 electric toy ATV for him back in September for his birthday. Who can compete with that? Still not sure what I am doing for my brother, mother, and father. We are not a big gift giving family really so it will probably be a few smaller things.

That is a super neat jacket, although I don't think I'd be able to pull it off.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Berk wrote: »
    bought some glenfiddich the day as a wee winter treat for no topping masel' another year

I'm struggling to think of a more scottish post

• SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    My parents anniversary is the day after Christmas and I don't really know what to get them other than like a giftcard for dinner some place. It's not a huge milestone year for them, but obviously I need to get them something.

PGO3wBQ.jpg

These are going to be added to my dad's gift...

and since my duplo gift already got scooped by my datardly sister, my nephew is getting another duplo set and this set of Dr Seuss books:

Y6ewKFs.jpg

• crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    all my loot is still sitting under the tree, mocking me

EzUAYcn.png
    crwth wrote: »

ya got a mirror set up under it?

PiptheFair wrote: »

excuse you?

EzUAYcn.png
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    so far I've gotten issues one and two of Expecting to Fly by John Allison, from my girlfriend (technically a birthday present)

oh and my parents flew me to Arizona for thanksgiving last month (the thanksgiving part was good, the Arizona part was laaaaame)

• InxInx Registered User regular
    My friends and I exchanged over the weekend.

We all got each other Japanese import toys. My one friend exclaimed, upon receiving my gift to him (SHF Android 18) "You got me a waifu!"

So mature

• SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    My girlfriend wanted a clock, so I got her the best clock.
    Japanese-Treasure-Box-Edition-of-Hyrule-Warriors-clock-300x300.jpg

But then she won at gifts and brought me to Wicked. Which she apparently isn't even considering a Christmas gift so I don't know what's being planned in that head.

Then I pawned off comics I didn't bother reading on people got The Walking Dead Omnibus 1 for a friend.

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    My dad got me a Cars record. I got myself a Fonzie tree ornament where he's doing a thumbs up.

MY GIRLFRIEND and I are taking a brief vacation together on the 30th and 31st for christmas.

excuse you?

what I'm saying here is that your face is a fucking mockery, m8

i dont follow

EzUAYcn.png
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I finally found an appropriate gift for my brother's fiancee. I got her a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle of cats having afternoon tea.

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I got some stuff but relevant here, i got Titanfall and xbone Diablo 3. Anybody still playing those? I couldn't find a titanfall thread, is there such a thing anymore?

• KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Girlfriend's family got me about $180 in gift cards to restaurants. Woop!

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Peen wrote: »
    I got some stuff but relevant here, i got Titanfall and xbone Diablo 3. Anybody still playing those? I couldn't find a titanfall thread, is there such a thing anymore?

I'm definitely still playing Diablo III from time to time. Not sure if we are friends or not. RAIJINQ

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Also, I ordered my first ever Funko POP! Figure. A 6" Red Baymax. This is going to be my new drug. I added 300 of them to my wishlist the other day.

Remember, remember, my birthday is coming up on the 10th!

Also, I ordered my first ever Funko POP! Figure. A 6" Red Baymax. This is going to be my new drug. I added 300 of them to my wishlist the other day.

welcome to the new cocaine

same as the old cocaine

welcome to the new cocaine

same as the old cocaine

I should have never started but they are so awesome.

Oh dammit, my wife brought me home a Superman and a Batman bobblehead for an early birthday present.

NOW I'M IN TOO DEEP

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Got a late gift from Nuka- a Greek style fisherman/sailor cap!

• firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    I got a fitness tracker to make me less lazy (it goes all vibratey when I'm being lazy!), some amazing socks, a sausage making cookbook (it's so rad but now I need equipment...) and some other cool stuff. Plus a secret santa gift that I have to wait a while to see so the excitement is still real! I also got a really expensive shirt that I'd never buy on my own because I don't buy expensive clothes that aren't suits for work. Yay Christmas!

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    v7aezri1k11p.jpg
    7tbf9snr2m88.jpg

shared that on the christmas thread but eh

also got some lightning tights, and some cozy slippers. Persona Q, and Injustice Ultimate Edition

twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    My brother @TheRoadVirus‌ got me the picture and my girlfriend got me the frame. They's good people.20141227_174540_zpshlg9bysx.jpg

My brother got me the first season of The Joy of Painting with Bob Ross. Rest of the family was giftcards/video games. Fiancee's family got me the coziest bathrobe ever made. SO COMFY. Combine with Bob Ross for ultimate relaxation.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    oh my god I love Bob Ross

you need to take a nap, nothin' facilitates that like the joy of painting

Shorty wrote: »
    oh my god I love Bob Ross

you need to take a nap, nothin' facilitates that like the joy of painting

THANK YOU

My family and coworkers don't understannnnnd

At least my fiancee finds it endearing