As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A Very Apocalyptic Christmas: A Do-It-Yourself [Miniphalla]. GAME OVER! Mafia Victory

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Well, that could've gone worse.

• Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    Is it too late to decorate the tree?

Forgot to do that yesterday.

• Options
    Oh yeah, I'm gonna be largely inactive starting in a couple hours for a day or two. Going to visit my grandmother's for the holidays.

I might be able to get on for a bit if there's internet at the hotel, but otherwise it's just going to be voting and making poast for activity from my cell phone.

Since I need too make vote now, I think from looking at the vote records I'm curious to see what color my good friend Aleggis bleeds. He's also been pretty under the radar this game.

• Options
    From how he's acting I also want to give sir fab the benefit of the doubt and write him off as village.

• Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    I may of drank a lot of apple cider yesterday and played a lot of video games with friends. :/

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Dropping a vote for Retaba.

I think he has a fairly strong chance of being mafia.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Alegis is my choice for today.

• Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    Since I need too make vote now, I think from looking at the vote records I'm curious to see what color my good friend Aleggis bleeds. He's also been pretty under the radar this game.

I can save you the trouble: it's limegreen!
    Haven't gotten back yet into the habit of checking PA frequently

As for the vote, I think Retabais a good vote for two reasons: 1. He is not me and 2. failed to vote yesterday and mafia seem to be missing a kill.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Reteba how does it feel to be a liar with your pants contantly on fire? HAnging from a telephone wire where everyone can see your shaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmeeeeee!

• Options
    I'm sorry bedlam! I... I don't know what happened, the demons just didn't feel up to coming out last night. This hasn't happened to me before! I can try converting you again tonight? I don't really have a thing against anyone, so Alegis because they are in a race with me!

• Options
    Actually, I'm good with a Retaba vote as well.

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Retaba

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Day Ends in Approx 5 Hours

• Options
    Day Has Ended. Narration in a Bit

• Options
    day8.jpg

Orkrampus stood behind the counter of the Panda Express located in the food court. He was consuming copious amounts of Moo Goo Gai Pork and Kung Po Chicken straight from their pans, as the restaurant’s owner laid on the ground knocked out and unconscious. Orkrampus knew the Mall Inhabitants were coming for him and felt it was time that he did something for himself. He had been a loyal Krampus minion, he felt deserving of more respect than he got. The Ork had fashioned himself a “Krampus” suit out of demon mask, pieces of a satyr costume and rug samples from Sears. The ol’Brute even got himself a little basket to fling over his back, with little cabbage patch dolls inside. But he was never Krampus’s favorite and now he was going to face the wrath of an unwieldy mob. As he looked to the entrance of the Food Court, he saw their torches- he knew it was his time. He wiped the secret sauce from his mouth and pulled an elf leg from his basket. Orkrampus was gonna go out his own way.

Meanwhile, Harold the Mutant had been admiring the various decorations that now adorned him. Harold had been affected by the apocalypse in a strange way: he had been partially turned into a tree. That is to say, he was effectively, a Christmas Tree Man. That was when the LAW came.

Judge Cane approached the tree-thing carefully , he firearm brandished and focused on the mutant. The mutant called out ” Come around to where I can see you.”, Cane yelled at him to turn around.

” Yes, you're right of course, I completely agree. Or I guess WE completely agree... me and Bob that is.”
    ”You are found guilty of three counts of loitering. You have been sentenced to death.”
    ” I've been literally rooted to this spot thanks to Bob for maybe twenty or thirty years... I can't even remember anymore.”
    ”So you think you’re a hotshot, huh?
    ” I swear if I try real hard, I can see all around me like my eyes are in every leaf on every tree.”
    ”I said 'hotshot'

A projectile suddenly burst from Cane’s gun into Harold’s mouth and burst open (no Freudian imagery here,folks). Harold‘s head suddenly blew up from the explosive round and the rest of him was set ablaze. Cane turned his back before he could see the tree burst into a massive fireball. As he walked down the halls, he heard voices calling him and chuckling “I am the Mall”.

The Judge was walking through one of the complexes massive connecting tunnels, when suddenly a bullet burst his spleen. He immediately fell to the ground. Several shadowy figures approached him, their faces hidden behind Halloween masks and swat helmets. Cane held up his hand in protest

”WAIT!”

The figures looked confused and turned to each other. Cane looked past them in anticipation. After five minutes, the gang members shrugged and simultaneously opened fire on the Judge. THE MALL IS DEAD.

”Mr.Mann” a voice echoed out near the maintenance room. A lone mannequin was sitting at a computer console watching various security cam feeds, when suddenly a ghastly figure appeared on one of the monitors. He gasped, when suddenly he felt a hand on him. “You’re finally mine” he heard from behind him. The mannequin couldn't turn around fast enough to see the figure, the trigger being pulled on a gun being the last thing he heard. The mannequin’s hollow body fell lifeless on the security console.
    Grunt's Ghost-Judge Cane -Beaten to Death
    Auralynx-Maintenance Mannequin- Taken by the Red Right Hand

Day Eight has begun and will end on Tuesday at 1 AM EST, 12 AM CST, 5 PM AEDT, 3 PM JST, 1 PM ICT, 7 AM CET, 6 AM GMT
    Monday :11 PM MST and 10 PM PST
    PMS are Now Going Out, Please Remain Silent till I give the Go-Ahead

• Options
    edited December 2014
    PMs are All out
    You May Commence with Day 8
    If you feel you are due a pm, shoot me a message

Also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqz5dbs5zmo

Egos on
  • Options
    The mall is getting empty

5.Assuran
    10.Rend Rawkking Goodguy
    21.Sir Fabulous
    29.Alegis

1 mafia left? (if it were 2 it would be game over unless some third party is also still in play and I'm the last clueless person)

Rawkking Goodguy

• Options
    Yeah I think Rawkking Goodguy has got to go.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    o0o0o0o

mXKhaSx.jpg

FUCK THE PO-LICEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

o0o0o0o

• Options
    RGG seems like a good plan unless you can offer a good explanation as to why not you.

• Options
    OooOOooooOOOO
    Original Character, do not steal. tm
    ooOoooOOooooo

• Options
    I'm a neutral that's probably not going to meet his win condition, so I don't particularly care if I die to the vote because I'm going to lose anyways. I've basically been trying to get people to promise me stuff they can't keep all game and have been failing. Agree to do outrageous things for me today, at least I'll have a bit more bragging rights at the end of this all!

Anyways, Assuran has a good vote record, Alegis was a competing wagon. I'm guessing the last mafia is Sir Fabulous.

Not a whole lot I can say in my defense because all I got was voting out INANTP.

• Options
    Alegis could still be mafia I guess but probably not since he has privately expressed some concern for choosing me being the wrong choice and if he were mafia all he'd really have to do is sit back and wait for a win. Super style points to him if he turns out mafia but I'm gonna call him village.

• Options
    Oh yeah, last point in my defense. If I'm mafia I'm super ballsy for starting a wagon on Aleggis. It's not out of the question for me to do that as mafia but even I tend to minimize my vote record by joining bandwagons.

• Options
    This part is always the toughest in a game of Phalla, there's one more thing that needs to be confirmed

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    oooOOOoooOOOoooOOOoooOOO

I tried, man. I tried. I didn't expect the mafia to have anti-plastic!

OOOoooOOOoooOOOoooOOOooo

Auralynx on
  • Options
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    day9.png

One of them had been behind the chaos of late, but it was uncertain as to who. ”The GigaGifted” was surrounded in mystique, a figure seemingly born from the sheer will of consumerist greed from within the Mall. The group speculated that he was a spirit gone rogue. The spirit meanwhile dismissed such thoughts as ridiculous as the destruction of the Mall or Christmas for that matter was of little concern to him. This didn’t stop the other three and soon Jesus lead the group in a prayer to send the spirit back to Black Book from wince he came.
    After the ritual was complete and The GigaGifted banished from the Mall. A wry grin crossed John Deathnon’s face.

“So you are the real deal then ,eh ?”

”A pity this world isn’t big enough for the both of us, mate.”

He smirked as the ghoulish spirits of War Harrison, Paul McPestillence and Ringo Starr emerged from another plane of existence to tear the very fiber of Jesus’s being apart. A clap was heard.

”Bigger indeed”

Jasper Stone walked over to Deathnon nonchalantly, his hands in his pockets.

”It’s a pity, I think in another word- you and I could have been allies.”.

John gazed at him confused, when suddenly he felt a revolver push up against his chest. As Jasper pulled John closer to him and whispered ”Sadly, even you can’t survive this.".

He pulled the trigger and The Beatle fell to the ground. A look of disbelief on his face. His spirit bandmates similarly in a state of shock as the lead singer of the apocalypse fell to a mere agent of death.

”On the bright side, you’ll live long enough to see the DeadLands

As Jasper claimed the mall, the clattering of bats could be heard throughout- as the agents of death welcomed in THE NEW ERA.
    ???
    Assuran is the Lone Survivor
    The Mafia is Victorious

Egos on
  • Options
    Village Roles
    Part I
    Alegis
    You are: Post-Apocalyptic Pre-Apocalypse Time-Travelling Jesus with Amnesia
    jandbeadventure.jpg
    JESUS IS BACK
    With a Vengeance
    Back to the Past: Each night you may pick someone. You then go back in time TWO days and bring their past self directly to the present. Any actions they took during the past two days and nights are assumed not to have happened and the game updates retroactively (including player resurrection). This ability has no effect until Day 3 and onward. You may not target dead players as Jesus needs a live reference to direct his time-travel. You may not target the same person twice as too much time-travel is bad for mortals.
    Win Condition: Eliminate ALL threats to Christmas in MegaMall 1

Auralynx
    You are: a Maintenance Mannequin
    totallymann.jpg
    Mega Mall 1 is such a large and complex facility that it can only be maintained by an android consciousness able to inhabit and animate the various mannequin models throughout the store to observe the inhabitants and detect malfeasance... or spilled drinks. The Maintenance Mannequin hates spilled drinks.

Power: Due to your status as an automaton, you are able to make it to places in MegaMall 1 others cannot. See things while remaining unseen. You have complete access to MegaMall 1's computer mainframe and may access its contents.
    Each night you may find out the true identity of another player.

The Anonymous
    gamblorlives.png
    You are: the Gambling Elf
    You were once a (sometimes) hard-working elf, helping Santa spread Christmas cheer to people all over the world. In recent years though, you've gotten into a different kind of spirit: the spirit of gambling. In particular, you and your buddy Steve bet on the odds of an apocalypse wiping out most of humanity before Christmas. Luckily, you won! Unluckily, money isn't as useful as you'd hoped it would be when there's nobody else left who wants it. It's a good thing you made that dodgy pact with the Possibly Malevolent Spirit Thing you ran into a while ago; at least now you can gamble against the best that the afterlife has to offer...

When the game begins, you start with FIVE Spirit Coins. Each day you must choose one player not mentioned to you in a PM, and predict in the thread that they will be eliminated from the game that day (by any means other than the vote). When you do this, bet one or more Spirit Coins in a PM to the host (if you do not specify an amount, you automatically bet 1 Spirit Coin). If your prediction is correct, you will receive a 2:1 payout. Note that only your first prediction each day will count.

Each night, you may exchange Spirit Coins for one of the following gifts:
    • 1 Spirit Coin: add/remove/modify one line or sentence of that night's narration. Your edit cannot add, remove or modify any formatting or names.
    • 2 Spirit Coins: guard one player from attacks.
    • 3 Spirit Coins: target one player will a kill.
    • 6 Spirit Coins: ???

You must bet at least one spirit coin each night. If you fail to, suffer gambling withdrawals and are removed from the game.
    _____

CapFalcon/Bedlam
    treebark.png
    You are: Harold the Christmas Tree Man
    Bob, the tree who lives in your head, has decided it's about time to put down roots. Of course, now that he's popped out of your skull, you find out that he's actually a Christmas Tree! But, just because he's a pine doesn't mean that he's got any ornaments. You promise Bob that you'll get people to bring you some ornaments.
    Abilities
    • Decorations!: If someone spends their night decorating you, you get a decoration.
    • Blinky Christmas Lights: If more than one person decorated you in the same night, all people decorating you that night are informed who else decorated that night.
    • Talk to Plants: You can ask plants who someone targets each night. Plants are snooty however, they won’t talk to anyone with fewer than the [Day number] decorations.
    • Passive Abilities:
      • Rooted in Place: Ignore any busdriving powers.
      • Made of Wood: Any powers that use fire will kill you, even if you are guarded.

Cythraul
    You are: The Mall Santa
    billesan.jpeg

This isn't the gig you signed up for. You just wanted to get enough cash to get through the holidays, and now you're stuck celebrating the apocalypse with a myriad of psychos and shoppers. Now you just want to make it through Christmas alive!

You're pretty sure this wasn't covered in the training videos. Luckily for you, some of the skills last year's Santa taught you might actually pay off!

Abilities
    You start with 3 elves, and can send each on one of the following missions each night:
    • Deploy Elfcam!: Small and wily, you'd normally be sending the elves out to sneak pictures of the hot moms waiting in line, but now you can use them to find out what other people are up to! This works as an action seer.
    • Cover for me! : The elf will sit in for you while you go for a smoke, thus taking the brunt of whatever is coming your way. Will protect you from a vig, but the elf dies in the process.
    • Placate with Presents! :Kids these days are loud, obnoxious and greedy. Sometimes the only way to save yourself is to jam a present into their mitts and send them on their way before they start hitting you. Send an elf to grab something from the mall and wrap it for you to hand out. Instructed to grab the first thing they can find, you never know what's gonna be in the present, but that's not YOUR problem, right? As long as those pesky kids are out of your hair!
      Choose a target, they receive a gift. It could be anything.

discrider
    You are:
    clapooo.png
    "Hello? Is this... Is this a Christmas Party?! I never get invited to Christmas Parties!"
    "Well, there was that one time where they tied me to the roof and beat me with sticks. But you guys wouldn't do that again, right?"

Ugh, fine. You are: CL4PTR4P
    "Gross. What is that robot doing to the carpet over there?"

Powers
    • SLAG: Every game day , you may choose a player to "Slag". Once picked, that player is "Slagged". If that player dies that night (not to the vote), then a Loot-Explosion is triggered and the four nearest players receives a random gift from the list of possible gifts. IF that player does not die that night, then they are become aware that they were previously covered in noxious purple goo.
    • A Very Annoying Robot:
      "Guys? We're friends right? I'm sure you can still eat that turkey. Guys?!"
      Votes against you count Double

Gizzy
    cattyalf.jpg
    You are: NICE,the Christmas Elf

Along with Naughty, you worked as a Christmas Elf in Santa's Workshop.When the apocalypse happened, Naughty went insane. Whether it is an extreme case of denial or just losing grip with reality, Naughty must always lie. In light of this, you have taken it upon yourself to make sure you embody all that is good and true in Elf-dom in addition to upholding the principles Santa taught you. You will always remain honest and tell the truth, no matter what.

Powers
    • Polar Opposites: Even though he has gone off the deep-end, you know you have an ally in Naughty. You are masoned with Zombie Hero.
    • A Good Elf is a Bad Liar: You cannot bring yourself to lie. You must always tell the truth in your posts.

Grunt's Ghosts
    You are: JUDGE CANE
    iammaul.jpg
    America is a frozen wasteland. Within it lies a Mall. Outside the boundary walls, a tundra. A cursed earth. Inside the walls, a cursed shopping center, stretching from Bellview to Ashland. An unbroken concrete landscape. 5 million people living in the ruin of the old world and the mega structures of the new one. Mega arcades. Mega escalators. Mega Mall One. Convulsing. Choking. Breaking under its own weight. Citizens in fear of closing time. The super soaker. The gang. Only one thing fighting for order in the chaos: the men and women of the Food Court. Juries. Executioners. Judges.

I AM THE MALL: Within the hollow confines of the Mall, you have absolute authority. Each night you may kill another player you have judged guilty with no ramifications.

Megafrost
    You are: A Snow Mimic
    frostyjack.jpg
    You are a snowman. Using your snow-shaping powers, you can change my shape, unfortunately your imagination is quite limited.
    ---
    Power: Once per day you can select another player. You gain any non-targeted powers they have starting that night until you assume a different shape.

jdarksun
    You are: Christmas Ron Perlman
    hailron.jpg

The Romans waged Christmas as a liturgical feast. Spain had Zwarte Piet, a companion of Saint Nicholas. Hitler tried to secularize Christmas, bringing the holiday back to its supposed winter solstice roots.
    But Christmas never changes.

In the 21st century, Christmas was still waged over the cheer that could be acquired. Only this time, the spoils of Christmas were also its weapons: candy canes and cookies. For these resources, China would invade Alaska, the US would annex Canada, and the European Commonwealth would dissolve into quarreling, bickering nation-states, bent on controlling the last remaining happiness on Earth.

In 2077, the storm of world Christmas had come again. In two brief hours, most of the planet was reduced to coal. And from the ashes of Christmas devastation, a new civilization would struggle to arise.

A few were able to reach the relative safety of the large underground Presents. Your family was part of that group that entered Vault Thirteen. Imprisoned safely behind the large Present bows, under a mountain of stone, a generation has lived without knowledge of the outside world.

Life in the Present is about to change.
    Abilities
    • Master of Disguise:After Christmas Ron Perlman finds out about a role, he can assume it at will (1 role per day). To discover a role you must correctly guess, in a private PM to the hosts, what the role is (or at least a reasonable facsimile.) You may only make one guess for each player, each night with a maximum of five guesses total.
    • Voice of God: Once per night, you may insert a passage into the night’s narration or edit a previous night’s narration.

jpants
    slayerismetal.jpg
    You are: Saint the Sleigher
    One of the few allowed to venture outside the Mall complex. You traverse this harsh new world in search of goods to bring back to your people. Like other sleighers, you follow in the tradition of Santa Claus and the tenants of Nikolaos of Myra.
    snowlan.jpg
    Keeping a List and Checking it Twice: Each day choose one person to put on the Naughty list, and they will receive a Naughty present. Chose another person to put on the Nice list, and they will receive a Nice present.

Ketbra
    You are: THREEEEEE DAAWWWGGG!
    yoyodawg.jpg
    (ahooooo!)
    Everyone's favourite Capital Wasteland Disc Jockey
    Lone DJ of the Apocalypse:Each night you can insert a message and a YouTube video into the nightly narration.

langly
    You are: Mrs. Cratchet's Christmas Pudding
    pudpeople.jpg
    You are delicious. You are cooked to perfection. You are radioactive. Everyone wants you.
    'God bless us every one, guvnuh.'

Reverse Wendigo À La Cartee: Each night you may allow one person to feast on your goodness. They are invigorated and become immune to conventional roleblocks for that night.
    _____

LostNinja
    teethfortoothgod.png
    You are: Hermey the Elf
    Hermey is an Elf, but he wants to be a Dentist. The problem is that he is stuck in the North Pole, so....
    He's not a very good one.
    Abilities
    • Pulling a Tooth: Once a night Hermey gets to choose a target and pull a tooth, this means that said target can only post in gibberish the following day. Names of players in bold red or bold green for voting/retracting are the only exceptions.
    • Dental Anesthesia:Hermey's dental anesthesia of choice is laughing gas (I mean he is an elf still, right?). This makes it hard for him to be a normal seer, so instead he picks a target and must guess their power (or close enough) if he guesses correctly he gets to seer their alignment, if he guesses wrong, then he loses this ability the following day.

Mill
    holyrob.jpg
    You are: Robin 'Chaos' Holiday
    Background:For too long, the other Winter Holidays have been ignored and spat upon by the Christmas supremacists. Holiday has taken it upon himself to spread the holiday cheer of the Winter celebrations to all, except the Christmas supremacists because fuck those guys; especially, the ones at Fox “news”. Holiday fancies himself as a sort of modern day festivities Robin Hood, taking from the well to do and giving to the have nots. He's just not exactly sure how he can apply this principle to winter holiday equality, but he's sure to come up with something. Unfortunately, Holiday is very bad at anything he does because he gets easily distracted and fails to remember what he did. Once can see why his nickname is chaos because not only does Holiday half-ass things, he tends to forget where he stuck to his half-ass plans and where he just randomly winged things.
    Quirks:
    • Fuck Persecution Complexes: Holiday doesn't like Christmas Supremacists because they falsely believe there is a war on Christmas. Anyone who mentions a “War on Christmas” or something similar is immediately role-blocked. It is up to you to call the hosts attention to these instances as otherwise we’ll almost assuredly miss it.
    • Humble: Holiday will never accept a gift from another player, regardless of it’s origin.
    gunnersan.png

ObiFett
    callsforshelter.jpg
    You are: Rand Shelters the "Shelter Guy"
    You are the DUDE that maintains the giant ass bomb shelter. It's one of those swank kinds with nice apartments, pools, kitchens and stuff. You'd like to think Jesse Pinkman would dig it.
    Bunk Buddies: Everyday you can choose 2 players. The next day the vote totals against those players are reduced by [7-current day number].

premium
    biggas.jpg
    You are: THE GREENHOUSE GIANT
    Just a few short years ago, you made the world tremble. Oceans were rising, forests were being reduced to deserts, global markets were in turmoil as the world moved to an air conditioning based economy.
    Then one day the nukes started dropping, and the world froze. Nuclear Winter had cast you aside, and you were almost completely forgotten.

Nuclear Winter has had its way for too long. You have risen from your lair deep within the great air conditioner burial ground with one goal. This Christmas it's time to turn up the heat, and make people remember who you are.

Gas Cloud: Each night you may select an individual and cover them in green smoke. They will be unable to be targeted by most abilities and their actions will go unseen for that night.

TheRoadVirus
    whitewhat.jpg
    You are: A Winter Wonderwight

You are undead abomination from the Ice-y Wasteland. I'm not quite sure why you are helping out the denizens of MegaMall 1, but I guess "good on you"? *shrugs* Maybe you really like Christmas or...at least Christmas Shopping.

Icey Gaze: Every night you can choose two targets. Said targets are transfixed on each other and forced to target one another with any action they take that night. You may not target yourself.

SlyM
    You are: The Christmas Scavenger
    afkloot.jpg
    In the post-apocalyptic waste-mall, scavenging is the key to survival, and Christmas is the best time to scavenge. People giving presents, getting presents, murdering other people over their presents, what a wonderful time to be alive.

Dead Pickings: Every night, you can follow someone around hoping they die "of natural causes" to see if they leave behind any goodies. If they do expire, you gain any targeted abilities they had in addition to your ability to "scavenge".
    Win Condition: Eliminate ALL threats to Christmas in MegaMall

Part II ,Mafia and Other Roles in Next Post

• Options
    Village Part II
    Zombie Hero
    amerikanolf.jpg
    You are: NAUGHTY,the Christmas Elf

Before the Apocalypse, you worked in Santa's Lab with Nice.Back then you were a "good" elf, but things have changed. The destruction of the world has changed you and you wandered off the path of Christmas-ology. You are embittered and tormented, Santa's teachings no longer ring true and you see the world for what it is. A despicable cesspool seething with chaos. One where only the deceptive can survive.

Powers
    • A Friend is Need Is A ???: Despite straying from the path of Santa, Nice has stood by your side through thick and thin. You are masoned with Gizzy
    • Santa is Dead: For reasons perhaps unknown even to yourself, the New World Order has made you a compulsive liar. You can never tell the truth in a post and must always lie.

Zombie Hero & Gizzy
    You are: Naughty and Nice
    hybridealf.jpg
    Both of you were formerly Christmas Elves up at Santa's Workshop. When the apocalypse happened, one of you went insane. Whether it is an extreme case of denial or just lost grip with reality, one of youmust always lie. The more resilient of you two must always tell the truth, being the loyal good elf to Santa in the end.
    Powers:
    • Elven Comrades: You are masoned together and know you can trust each other.
    • Honest to Lie- Through various circumstances you find yourselves either compelled to constantly tell the truth or to lie. Naughty must always lie, while Nice must always tell the truth. That is the way things are now.

Mafia
    General PM
    You are the
    stampofk.png
    nameofgang.png
    A Group of Misfits dead-set on Destroying Christmas

Your ranks include:
    1. MikeyCTS as Krampus
    2. Retaba as Orkrampus
    3. Assuran as Stone
    4. Burnage as The Harbinger of Christmas Never to Come
    5. I Needed a Gnome to Post as FWWLITAAOHSCOBTA

Each night you may remove one individual from the game as a group. In addition, your leader (hitman) may kill another player as well. If your leader should die, the player of his choosing will take over as Leader. MikeyCTS is currently your leader. You all each have your own respective abilities, as well.

Even though this is stated in the OP. I will restate the Village Win Condition, which is : Eliminate ALL threats to Christmas in MegaMall 1. I will also state that a player's role color matches their alignment. Hence why all of you had your names in red in the text. So villagers got " You are: Vanilla Man" , for example. This will become public information (via clarification), but wanted it to be made clear to all of you.

Proboard orders will be accepted. Even for individual abilities as long as the holder agrees that others in the group can change their orders.

Good luck, Gentlemen

Assuran
    stonecoldsteve.jpg
    You are: STONE
    Basically, you’re the biggest badass on the planet. You’re on the cover of Deadlands and a time-traveling, good guy killing, cold son of a bitch. The Reckoners had to cheat to create Hell on Earth, but you’re the reason why they eventually win because of your skill with a six-iron. You are Death’s chosen Servitor.
    Abilities
    • I Give Exactly Zero Fucks:Young Stone, meet Old Stone, Old Stone, meet Young Stone: Look, I ain't no genius when it comes to time travel and paradoxes give me a headache. Let's cut to the chase: You are immune to any attempts to seer, roleblock, busdrive, convert, timetravel, seduce or silence you.
    • Death Becomes You: See, Old Stone has a funny code of "honor". He only targets those of pure heart and stout courage. You may only target someone who quotes me, mentions me, or engages in conversation with me either in thread or in PM.
      stampofk.png
      Win Condition: Ensure that the Krampus Krew outnumber the other denizens of MegaMall 1 and that any other threats have been terminated.
    Burnage
    You are: The Harbinger of Christmas Never to Come
    burnblackmountain.png
    Abilities
    • The Naughty Or Nice List: The Harbinger may, in the public thread, label other players as NAUGHTY or NICE. If they are NAUGHTY (use a harmful effect on another player), they will receive a NAUGHTY present that night. If they are NICE (use a beneficial effect on another player), they will be awarded a NICE present.
    • The Plague of Christmas Cheer: Your NICE presents are actually NAUGHTY and your NAUGHTY presents are EXTRA NAUGHTY.
    • Transcendent: [Restriction] You must type only in capital letters. Humans deserve nothing less.
    stampofk.png
    Win Condition: Ensure that the Krampus Krew outnumber the other denizens of MegaMall 1 and that any other threats have been terminated.

I needed a name to post.
    sexybeast.jpg
    You are: Festive Werewolves Who Lived In The Arctic And Occasionally Helped Santa Claus Out Before The Apocalypse
    While it's commonly known that vampires enjoyed retreating to the northern hemisphere to take advantage of the long nights, less well-known is the collection of werewolves who live in the region. Contrary to the vicious mythology assigned to them, werewolves are an amicable bunch as long as they aren't disturbed, and even were responsible for a few last-minute Christmas saves back in 1986 and '73. Sometimes elves just don't have the stomach for doing what needs to be done. Of course now it's the post-apocalypse and the pack doesn't number what it was but hey. Times change, you just gotta keep rolling with them.

Powers
    • Fur Coats: FWWLITAAOHSCOBTA are covered in their winter coats, which resemble Christmas sweaters. They may go outside without suffering any penalties or death from the cold weather and are protected from cold based effects. They are still at risk of fallout exposure.
    • Lycanthropy: FWWLITAAOHSCOBTA are werewolves and as such cannot become zombies or vampires, nor will they be able to become helpful ghosts and persist after death in any way.
    • Lunar Resilience: FWWLITAAOHSCOBTA are tougher than normal creatures and shrug off the first kll they experience.
    • Cause for Paws: FWWLITAAOHSCOBTA are unable to use any firearms or perform any feats of hand dexterity. Which includes unwrapping presents.
    • Let's Yiff: FWWLITAAOHSCOBTA cannot turn down offers for fornication.
    stampofk.png

trunkwoof.png
    yup

MikeyCTS
    kampus.jpg
    You are: KRAMPUS
    Krampus is a beast-like creature from the folklore of Alpine countries thought to punish children during the Christmas season who had misbehaved, in contrast with Saint Nicholas, who rewards well-behaved ones with gifts. Krampus is said to capture particularly naughty children and drag them off into the black forest.

Krampus is represented as a beast-like creature, generally demonic in appearance. The creature has roots in Germanic folklore. Traditionally young men dress up as the Krampus in Austria, Romania, southern Bavaria, South Tyrol, northern Friuli, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia and Croatia during the first week of December, particularly on the evening of 5 December (the eve of Saint Nicholas Day on many church calendars), and roam the streets frightening children with rusty chains and bells. Krampus is featured on holiday greeting cards called Krampuskarten. There are many names for Krampus, as well as many regional variations in portrayal and celebration.
    -Wikipedia

You are the leader of the Krampus Krew, who seek to destroy Christmas once and for all in this new wasteland. The fact that Santa Claus has virtually become a GOD in this new world brings you much pain.
    Abilities
    • Leader of the Pack: As Leader of the Krampus Krew, you are can personally strike out against those that displease you. You can attempt to kill one person each night.
    • Second-In-Command: You may anoint a fellow gang member to be your lieutenant. Should you be removed from the Mall, they will take over leadership of the Krew
      • Broken Chain: If desired you may rank your fellow Krew members in order of succession for the title of Krew Leader.
    • Seeing Red: Any attacks on "Santa" made personally by you are unblockable.
    stampofk.png

Retaba
    You are: ORKRAMPUS
    grimgrimgrom.jpg
    The World may be Grim, but it isn't Dark. It's time to make it GRIM DARK!
    Powers
    • The Red One is the Fastest: Dodge one kill attempt during the course of the game.
    • Orkrampus Bash: You smack target a git causing them to be stunned ,effectively roleblocked, for that night. If they have a gift, you take it from them.
    stampofk.png

Neutrals
    preda
    You are: An Angry, Grumpy, Blodthirsty, Mutant Ex-Christmas Elf.
    clownprincehelp.jpg
    They are all zombies! Even if they don't know yet. It's not enough they abandoned the old traditional method of making Christmas gifts by hand. When they switched to mass production of gifts on assembly lines, I was no longer needed.It's also the fact that they allow a "minor inconvenience" like a nuclear war disturb their workflow, instead of continuing their jobs they all flee and hide in a MALL. A MALL!!! I will not let that stand, I will reveal their true nature through any means necessary. More than anything else, I hate the consumerism that has ‘consumed’ these survivors. So much so that I just want to tear the gifts out of their grubby little hands.

Crushing Christmas: Each night you may pick one person to attack, destroying all gifts they have or will receive that night.
    Win Condition: If the game exists in a state where no one has any more unused gifts or the ability to give out any more, you leave the game victorious.

Rend/Rawkking Goodguy
    You are: THE GIGAGIFTED
    batgigskel.jpg
    †Excerpt from The Black Book of Friday†

'Neither man nor beast, The Gigagifted is a warped spirit of Christmas made manifest by the consumerist nature of the modern holiday season. He is a being of pure wanting. Usually he takes the form of a human child, boy or girl, but not always. It is most typical, in fact, for the spirit to appear to each individual onlooker as the image that being would most trust.'

It is for this reason that THE GIGAGIFTED is very difficult to recognize, sometimes fatally so. More than one ill fated Christmas Soul has been snatched up from its owner from a wayward promise to THE GIGAGIFTED.

"But you promised a Christmas gift... and I never forget a promise."

Power: You promised me something...
    If any player promises you something in thread or private message/pro-board the hosts are privy to,
    no matter how absurd or obviously in jest, that player must comply with their promise.
    If they do not (promises without a stated time are assumed to happen that night),
    their souls are collected instead.

Restrictions:
    1. You must notify us of promises and when they end (with a link to the post or tell us which PM) and we’ll adjudicate, letting you know the decision in real time (as soon as we can).
    2. A ‘promise’ is defined as any time a player addresses me and makes a claim to take a future action. "I am a vig" is not a promise, but "I will guard you" is a promise.
    3. All you do is want. You may not promise another player anything EVER, with the same definition of a promise applying.
    Once a promise is affirmatively adjudicated, a message is sent from the host to the player saying “You are strongly compelled to keep the promise you made or else face the consequences.”
    Upon receipt of 12 souls(one for, of course, each day of Christmas), THE GIGAGIFTED accomplishes his true purpose and ascends to Christmas Godhood, leaving the game victorious.

Power: ...And I Always Collect.
    If a player has a promise with THE GIGAGIFTED which will expire unfulfilled that night and their soul collected:
    • If that player targets THE GIGAGIFTED with a negative or neutral power, it is nullified. Unless it was part of the promise.
    • That player receives a message “Your soul has left your body as penance for a promise broken. You receive a post restriction: You must only post in italics.”

Power: ...Always
    THE GIGAGIFTED can reap souls of dead players who failed to fulfill their promises. Additionally, promises can be made to THE GIGAGIFTED after his death, and he continues to reap souls while dead. The first soul reaped while dead does not count, instead returning THE GIGAGIFTED to life. (note: obviously talking after the game, publicly or privately is disallowed, save for the usual one ghost post. Additionally promises to target dead or removed players will not be considered broken unless the ability in question explicitly states they can target the dead/removed.)

MrTLicious
    You are: Love
    mustlust.jpg
    Even in the post-apocalyptic hellscape, there's always room for Love. It just seems that people now are too busy killing each other to realize it. Soon they shall see that love really is all around.

Abilities
    You may use one of the following abilities each day:
    • You Give Love A Bad Name: Submit a player's name, said player can not cause another player to be removed from the game.
    • The Power of Love: The player of your choosing may not be removed from the game by ANY means this round.
    • Stop in The Name of Love: Choose two targets. These targets may no longer target each other with abilities that cause removal from the game.

Effects of an ability only apply on the day they are used. You may use abilities as often as you desire. Orders must be submitted the night before the day you desire for it take effect or before the second vote of the day is made.

Special Ability
    • I Will Always Love You: Redirect all harmful abilities ,including the vote, from your target to yourself.
    This ability may be used in conjunction with any other ability and may be submitted anytime before vote close. It will take effect that same night.

Win Condition
    • Love Is All You Need: See a day in which no OTHER players are removed from the game.

Serial Killers are listed in the next post.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Serial Killers
    kime
    kifilme.jpg
    You are: The Skin-Wearing Mutant!
    All that radiation in the Apocalypse wasn't good for your complexion. It turned you all green and oozy and ick. You're quite self-conscious about it. As such, you've taken to skinning the other survivors and.... well, at that point they don't need their skin anymore, so what's the harm if you borrow it for a bit? You know, just to try it out?
    Abilities & Traits
    • Grotesque: You're gross, both with and without your "extra layer". All players will seer you as a Serial Killer. Your actions, should they have a visible effect, will appear to be caused by a Serial Killer (colored black, etc.).
    • Skinner: Acquire someone else's skin. This will probably be quite unpleasant for them, resulting in their death. Unless skin is optional for your chosen target. You will retain this skin in your collection. The hosts will inform you of any special properties this skin possesses (see below).
    • Don a Disguise:Wear a skin-suit. When you wear another player's skin, you will be able to perform whatever actions they used to be able to perform that night. However, you will be unable to acquire a new skin set that night.
    Win Condition: Be the Only Survivor at the End of the Game

Sir Fabulous
    squidparty.jpg
    You are:The Four Beatles of the Apocalypse
    Those fools never knew what hit them. They had no idea.
    The Beatles were the harbingers of the apocalypse, and so few knew about it.
    We hid messages in our songs. If only more people had played them backward. They would have heard.
    "Paul is dead. We all are dead. The Earth shall burn. Your stomach churn. When all four go. The darkness grows."
    The world went along as normal until the day the last of us died. When all of us had perished, we returned to Earth cloaked in our new forms, signalling the beginning of he end. We were not the only things that caused the apocalypse, but we were among the most terrible.

And now, Christmas. The few survivors are grouped up in a mall. But the end is not complete. The apocalypse will not stop until all life has been claimed. And what better time to finish this work than Christmas.

After all, we're far more popular than Jesus.

Powers:
    • [The Fab Four] The Four Beatles of the Apocalypse are four beings, yet they work together as one. Each night, one Beatle leads the other three. This Beatle cannot lead again until all other Beatles have had a turn. Powers depend upon which Beatle is in the lead.
    • [Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da] Although the Beatles are supernatural beings, they must manifest physical forms to influence the world. They can therefore be affected by any powers that would affect a mortal man, and can be temporarily killed. If one Beatle is killed, he is banished from the mortal realm for a year and a day. The other Beatles cannot function without all four members, and similarly retreat from Earth until all four are able to return.

The Four :
    • War Harrison
      • [Maxwell's Silver Hammer] Riding a horse blazing with angry red light, Harrison bestows a silver hammer upon a person of his choosing. That person, filled with an unquenchable rage, bashes in the head of the person that they are closest with. This is interpreted as the person with whom they have had the most PM contact with. If the person has not had PM contact with anybody, this turns into a normal Vig power.
      • [Here Comes the Sun] Harrison's horse burns as red as the morning sun. Any ice or cold related powers do not affect the Beatles this day.
    • John Deathnon
      • [Eleanor Rigby] John, lord of Death itself, has the ability to converse with those who have passed on. Each night he is in control of the Beatles, he can select one dead person to talk with. He can send messages to them (probably through the host) normally the next day. While doing this, John appears to be Father McKenzie, a weary priest trying to revive the religious aspect of Christmas.
      • [Imagine] John has a powerful Imagination. If he knows the name of another Role, he can imagine that they never existed. If this occurs, they are completely removed from reality, and any of the actions that they took on previous nights never occurred (people who were killed by that person are returned to life, people successfully guarded by that person are now dead).
    • Paul McPestilence
      • [Helter Skelter] Paul uses the human phenomenon of "Love" to spread consuming diseases and foul plagues through the population. Each night Paul is in control, he can choose one person. This person becomes a carrier for a wasting sickness. Each other person that they contact through PM that night cannot perform any actions that night, as they become racked with fits of coughing and vomiting.
      • [Yesterday] Paul can use his mastery over disease to temporarily prevent a wound from becoming infected. This is only a delaying tactic however. The wound will still kill the target, only more slowly. A person targeted with this ability will not die immediately from an attack, instead they will die the next night.
    • Ringo Starr
      • [With a Little Help From My Friends] Ringo, often seen as the least talented Beatle in life, is also unfortunately seen as the least talented Beatle in death. On nights where Ringo is in control, the Beatles cannot take any targeted actions.
      • [Octopus's Garden] Unbeknownst to anyone else, Ringo is the host of the Eternal Octopus. The Octopus resides inside Ringo, yearning for release. If Ringo is killed while in control of the Beatles, the Octopus is released. The Octopus, normally contained by a fleshy body, would surely be unstoppable once released. Only the bleached skulls of the dead serve as decoration in the Octopus' Garden.

Win Condition: Ensure the completion of the Apocalypse
    or
    Release the Octopus

Mafia Board is also Unlocked.
    ____
    SpreadSheet for those who want to see (I tried to clean it up).

Egos on
  • Options
    Excellent game folks.

I was close, but alas, I chose to talk to Assuran when it looks like I should have remained silent.

Sorry about duping you yesterday Alegis, although I think you suspected something was up. Neither of us ended up winning anyways.

A big thanks to Romanqwerty for hosting this. And a huge thanks to Egos for everything he did, too (including making the images for the roles, which appeared to be a hell of a lot of work).

• Options
    Also interesting to note that there was

1 Villager
    1 Mafia
    1 Serial Killer
    and
    1 Neutral

alive by the last day.

• Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    Yeah thanks everyone for playing and a HUGE thanks to Egos for basically running the game while I've been so busy.

• Options
    The last villager alive with little to go on D:

Had to trust Assuran, even though I considered that throwing mafia under a bus is a good tactic if you have 2 nightly kills -- but Assuran threw 2 under the bus. Sir Fab and RGG were way more suspicious. Well played
    Perhaps should have gone with gut instinct looking for 5 sk/neutral roles; but the voting records were too good.

• Options
    Thanks for hosting Egos/Romanqwerty! good fun!

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Alegis wrote: »
    The last villager alive with little to go on D:

Had to trust Assuran, even though I considered that throwing mafia under a bus is a good tactic if you have 2 nightly kills -- but Assuran threw 2 under the bus. Sir Fab and RGG were way more suspicious. Well played
    Perhaps should have gone with gut instinct looking for 5 sk/neutral roles; but the voting records were too good.

I say this , knowing that Assuran was evil. The only tip off I could have seen was that he was on you initially yesterday (jumping on after RGG) and then when Retaba took off ,he jumped on that. Granted he talked to Aura before doing so, I believe? So could make a good argument that it wasn't just to look good if need be.

(As said, I say this knowing who was what :rotate: )
    That aside, Alegis. Something semi-amusing, to me at least, your time traveling did remove Ketbra's narration from the beginning of Day 3. But because Sir Fabulous imagined you never existed, it is now back up. Because you never went back in time to get Ketbra, because you never existed O_o

Egos on
  • Options
    Egos wrote: »
    (As said, I say this knowing who was what :rotate: )
    That aside, Alegis. Something semi-amusing, to me at least, your time traveling did remove Ketbra's narration from the beginning of Day 3. But because Sir Fabulous imagined you never existed, it is now back up. Because you never went back in time to get Ketbra, because you never existed O_o
    Haha :) I did tell him then that it would make a good mafia ability to get an extra kill if you know the name

But it only hit me afterwards that if his story were true, he would be able to tell me Assuran's role name which he couldn't.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Also interesting to note that there was

1 Villager
    1 Mafia
    1 Serial Killer
    and
    1 Neutral

alive by the last day.

God, you have no idea what a pain in the ass the last three or so days were, because I knew pretty much for sure from Day 6 on that most of you weren't village, whatever you told me... I just had to narrow it down. I'm taking getting the vote onto Inantp and Retaba as a victory at this point, tbqh.

Normally, when people claim stuff as nutty as Assuran, Retaba, Sir Fab, and Alegis did, they have to be mafia. When 3 out of 4 of you turn out to be evil and one isn't, that's harder!

Auralynx on
  • Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Not that it matters .. but I never got this message - Once a promise is affirmatively adjudicated, a message is sent from the host to the player saying “You are strongly compelled to keep the promise you made or else face the consequences.”

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine