As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Halo Infinite/SplitGate] Halo Infinite available now! Closed Spoilers for story

Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
edited December 2021 in Games and Technology
Halo Infinite is a Game
cb2wq6db63nw.jpg
Infinite was planned to release with the Xbox Series X/S on November 10, 2020, as a launch title, but was delayed in August 2020. It is now planned for release in late 2021.

According to Microsoft, Master Chief returns in Halo Infinite, the third chapter of the "Reclaimer Saga", with "his greatest adventure yet to save humanity". The storyline of Halo Infinite will be "much more human", with the Master Chief playing a more central role than in Halo 5: Guardians.

The E3 2018 trailer indicated that the story will be set on a Halo ring that has mysteriously suffered damage, and also showcased the design of Master Chief's MJOLNIR armor, which returns to a design similar to that seen in Halo 2 and Halo 3.
https://youtu.be/wDZ-9B6hX5A

JOIN PAX ARCADIA
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/pax arcadia

SplitGate is also a game
tkw6kcopy5g4.png
Splitgate (known during development under the working title Splitgate: Arena Warfare) is a free-to-play multiplayer first-person shooter video game developed and published by 1047 Games. It was released in early access on May 24, 2019 for Linux and Microsoft Windows on Steam, and on Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5 on July 27, 2021. The full version of the game is scheduled to release sometime in August 2021. The game revolves around Halo-inspired sci-fi combat in battle arenas where players can create wormhole portals between two points on the map that have been compared to those of the Portal series, and fire weapons or travel through those portals.
https://youtu.be/BkwurBIrWgk

Local H Jay on

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Preorder cancelled!

Can you change the voice of your guy's callouts?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I want customizable callouts like Reach had for firefight. I would pay $$$ for Red vs Blue voices.

Beta is pretty fun but that art style is still garbage.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Some beta clips I made today:
    http://youtu.be/3sDJQjQO9_Y
    The movement feels great, tons of possibilities

Local H Jay on
    edited December 2014
    If I can't disable the callouts they need to bring back the guy who did Sarge's voice so I can sound like him all the time.

edit: David Scully is the guy.

tastydonuts on
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    I do like the callouts though. Maybe because there's no overbearing announcer/soundtrack I hear them clearer then in CoD. Plus there's the ocasional "good job" shout as well like if you pull off a double kill near a team mate they'll remark on it, they'll also call out if they have shields or not and they should out the weapon timers.

At the very least it sounds like there's a couple different voices besides just Male and Female, though you probably don't get to pick which one.

newSig.jpg
  • rorrrorr Registered User regular
    The forced vibration is hilarious

I've never played CoD so I'm not that used to callouts, but they seem alright in this. I laughed when I heard someone shout, "Watch the nade spam!"

• JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    rorr wrote: »
    The forced vibration is hilarious

Its pretty bad. Hate rumble.

Also after playing one game of this I decided I didn't like it. After two I quit.

Still going to get it for Campaign, but so far I doubt I'll spend much time Multi.

Eh, without the Bees, Halo Multi just hasn't been the same. But given what I've seen in Nightfall and the H2A framing bits (opening/closing, terminals) I really want to see where they're going with the story.

I just hope that they expand on customization somehow. Going to just helmet/body/visor in 5 from shoulders/chest/legs/arms/helmet/visor in 4/Reach is a pretty big step back. It's worse than 3's customization.

newSig.jpg
  • Raziel_pmRaziel_pm Registered User regular
    Look what happened while I was playing today. Guess he got hit THAT hard ;)

http://youtu.be/fau8zHX9A9Y

Your sig was too large. Maximum sig size is 500x80. - Jacobkosh.
    One thing I hope they address soon, or at least at release, is matchmaking. Several times the first week after a match, I'd get stuck at the finding team screen and with no cancel/exit button I was stuck there until I menued out of the game then shut it down from the dashboard and restarted.

And drop-in/-out. Had a horrible match on Midship (but any match on Midship is horrible) and one of my teammates quit but we never got a replacement so it was 3v4 for the entire time.

newSig.jpg
    I just can't get over how ugly Truth is. Not only is the lighting far too dark and the different parts of the map too samey, but the map itself just looks awful compared to Covenant architecture of yore. Combined with everything else post-Bungie, whoever is in charge of art direction at 343i is terrible and pretty much everything they've touched has turned to garbage.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Yeah. It's obvious 343 got lucky they based Halo 4 on Reach's engine, because their party system is a joke in Halo MCC/ 5.

Local H Jay on
    Arteen wrote: »
    I just can't get over how ugly Truth is. Not only is the lighting far too dark and the different parts of the map too samey, but the map itself just looks awful compared to Covenant architecture of yore. Combined with everything else post-Bungie, whoever is in charge of art direction at 343i is terrible and pretty much everything they've touched has turned to garbage.

It's funny because they're doing a semi-documentary on the making of the map. First episode was design/play test revisions and ends when they had it off to the art team.

newSig.jpg
  • VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    ugh...so sick of the bugs in MCC. can't save any progress mid-level. Either have to finish a level in one sitting or I start back to at the beginning each time.

• sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    So I finally got an XB1 for Christmas and picked up MCC thinking the matchmaking shit was fixed. Man, how wrong I was. I did have fun with the H5 beta last night, and wouldn't be opposed to getting back into some multiplayer stuff.

Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
    MCC still has so many little bugs. I can't seem to actually start up a Halo 2 co-op game if I have even a single skull activated.

• Lou29Lou29 Registered User regular
    Maybe a stupid question, but I just finally got around to playing with the beta today: Can only one person play per system? My brother and I are trying to play since the matchmaking on the collection is either taking forever or teleporting us around the map constantly, but we can't get a second controller to show up.

• Harbringer197Harbringer197 Registered User regular
    they don't have splitscreen in the beta but they will in full release.

as for the art direction i dont think its bad. I feel that some of the enemy armor designs are a little funky also bring back color coded enemy ranks please. it was confusing as hell in halo 4s campaign not having that.

They updated the beta with new maps and a new mode, Breakout. I played that mode once and I'll never touch it again.

Arteen wrote: »
    They updated the beta with new maps and a new mode, Breakout. I played that mode once and I'll never touch it again.
    It's all we played last night and I didn't hate it, though there are quite a few balance changes that need to be made. It's not horrible, but it does sort of require a full team of at least semi-competent players.

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Finally played the Beta last night. Sucked in my first game going 1-14 with 12 assists, but after that I got better and I'm pretty sure I ended up with a 1KD.

Trying to figure out what the fuck the KDA that the game rates is though since that has nothing to do with kill death ration as far as I can tell.

Oh yeah, can you spam ground pound? I'll probably install MCC and stuff to get the beta going tonight, idk.

Oh yeah, can you spam ground pound? I'll probably install MCC and stuff to get the beta going tonight, idk.

None of the maps I've played on really cater to its use, so I don't know. But if we can get a group going later, I'm totally down. Got tomorrow off and NEED to get back into some team games.

Okay, my impression from some of the videos was that I'd spawn and get ground pounded after taking five steps forward or something :p

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I never saw a ground pound. Just rolling around in a team and fucking up people's days.

edited January 2015
    haha... apparently I don't have enough space to install MCC or the beta (need 60gb, have 44ish)... :tell_me_more:

edit: don't have a high cap external I can devote to the xb1 atm, will likely have one by the end of the week though.

tastydonuts on
  • Harbringer197Harbringer197 Registered User regular
    I can get into games regularly they still need to fix party matchmaking hopefully these patches do the trick.

also ive been thinking if they are releasing odst i wonder if they have plans for reach? I would spend good money on it if it was some sort of expansion for like 20 bucks or so.

I don't know what it is but I actually want to go back to Halo 4 on 360.

Mainly to fill bars and play with my ugly-ass, mixed-matched Spartan. Though I might be happy with just the latter.

newSig.jpg
    New achievements are out. There's a number of new matchmaking-related ones and other not-so-great ones.

Unfortunately, every time I try matchmaking it's a poor experience. The game desperately needs join-in-progress. There's far too much downtime between matches, teams are frequently imbalanced and matches underpopulated. As much as I love Blood Gulch CTF, it's not so much fun 3v6 when it should be 8v8.

edited January 2015
    Bleh, I started playing. Halo 1 plays weird.

also did they "tweak" the stages more? I'm pretty sure the first grunts on mission 1 dropped their plasma pistols on legendary before (shortly after getting the normal pistol), but none of them do now?

tastydonuts on
    Those first three grunts never drop their weapons.

As far as tweaking things, be careful with the new graphics on Legendary. There are tons of places where the new graphics don't actually line up with the actual collision geometry.

oddly enough, none of the grunts dropped a plasma pistol that stage.

I truly don't understand what or why everything in the Xbox One version of Halo: CE Anniversary feels so off. In my head, I know this is pretty much an exact copy of the 360's Halo: CE Anniversary game... but it's just... wonky.

If I line up the reticule proper for a headshot on the grunt, and I'm stationary, the shot still misses? Even the pistol transition/ready feels like it's a second longer than it should be. I guess I'll adapt, but this legendary has been annoying.

Also, @Arteen: I noticed that they transferred that terrible "Look out for the little guys" achievement that I never unlocked on the Xbox 360 version to this one too. At some point down the line you want to be my grunt slayer for a clear and I'll do the same for you?

I dunno, I haven't noticed any difference between CE in this and the original game.

I've already got that no grunt killing achievement, but I'd certainly be willing to help! I doubt it's even possible to solo and I certainly tried!

I'm currently at 420 out of 500 achievements. I'm not going to bother with the LASO or Legendary under 3 hours achievements, but everything else looks doable. I just need the score achievements for the back half of Halo 2 and I'll have the score and time achievements for every level. 343i patched a bunch of scores to be lower than the original 25,000, so Halo 2's scoring isn't nearly as intimidating as before. I think I have 25,000+ or near that for most other levels, but trying to get scores that high in most Halo 2 levels is a tall order.

I have most of the "do X on level Y" achievements but I am missing a few, especially in Spartan Ops. I still need all the Halo 2 skulls. I also need to run through a bunch of playlists, but thankfully I already finished up the 45-level epic that is the Master Chief Saga playlist. That'll be pretty much it campaign-wise until ODST.

And then there's multiplayer. As much as I want to play it, it's still not a great experience. It's such a bummer! Hopefully they get it in a working state sometime soon. I doubt I'll ever get all of the MP achievements regardless, but I'd like to at least make a respectable dent.

Yeah, it's very likely just me and not the game, idk. :p

The grunt achievement I tried solo on the 360 version and it was annoying to say the least. I actually forgot about the "don't get in a warthog" achievement on the level "Halo," so I have to redo that level too. But I think I'll be repeating the levels a lot. The time challenge achievement should just take your best clear times for all levels, if it's anything like "complete game under"-type achievements in other games with a chapter select. Definitely not going to happen for me with this run, ha. LASO I'm not sure about bothering with either; leaning strongly toward no, esp not solo.

Haven't tried the MP yet though. I figure once I do all the single player stuff it will be running smoothly.

The grunt achievement is actually worse this time, too. On the 360 it was heroic or higher. Now it's legendary only. Heroic is probably doable solo (though tough), but certainly not legendary.

Haha, I don't remember the Halo CE or Halo CE: Anniversary "Truth and Reconciliation" on legendary being sooo obnoxious. Feels like there are more than before

• fatalspoonsfatalspoons Registered User regular
    I'm really, really enjoying this beta. Bummed to see there isn't more excitement about it in the forums I visit.