As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Snugglehug]! And the living is cutesy (nsf 56k, the soulless)

• FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    I don't like pitbulls because they have very short hair. A dog's gotta have decent hair for me to pat it.

Seems like you need a pitbull with a double copy of the c.284G>T FGF5 gene.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF75pq4OMpY

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    A POOFY peebee?

Jesus Christ, that's not even fair.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

Usagi wrote: »
    Turn on the sound

Trust me

8->

• Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    After this failure of a teaching in Japan experiment, I'm officially moving back home on February 15th.

I will get to see my ferrets Ollie and Tucker again for the first time in half a year. I cannot wait.

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    After this failure of a teaching in Japan experiment, I'm officially moving back home on February 15th.

I will get to see my ferrets Ollie and Tucker again for the first time in half a year. I cannot wait.

aww i'm sad to hear it didn't work out. what happened?

also has it really been six months? it feels like just yesterday you were in the job thread talking about leaving

• RayzeRayze Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    After my husband saw me post the first picture, he demanded I post this one. Apparently April was licking herself when someone knocked very loudly on a door in the apartment building. She turned towards my husband and looked at him for a full minute like this, which gave him enough time to snap a picture.

apriltongue_zps88a23c58.jpg

Rayze on
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    The only dog breed that sends up red flags for me is German Shepherds, mostly because I got fucked up pretty bad by one when I was little.

The whole police dog thing doesn't help either.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • CimmeriiCimmerii SpaceOperaGhost Registered User regular
    I really agree with the "no bad dogs, only bad trainers" thing. I've met incredibly sweet and well trained pit bulls, german shepherds, what have you.

But I've also encountered several huge, sweet dogs that think jumping on you to display affection is ok. Or even midsize dogs that aren't capable of knocking me down but leave mud all over my clothes. It's resulted in me not being much of a dog person.

*Internally Screaming*
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    My aunt had a german shepherd/husky mix when I lived with her. That dog was awesome. Terrified of thunder and fireworks, but pretty great and full of energy.

She half knew how to play fetch. I'd throw a tennis ball and she'd go running full speed off to grab it, then lay down and gnaw on it until I went up and took it from her.

• FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Cimmerii wrote: »
    I really agree with the "no bad dogs, only bad trainers" thing. I've met incredibly sweet and well trained pit bulls, german shepherds, what have you.

But I've also encountered several huge, sweet dogs that think jumping on you to display affection is ok. Or even midsize dogs that aren't capable of knocking me down but leave mud all over my clothes. It's resulted in me not being much of a dog person.

This sounds like a problem with you not being swole enough to give doggy cuddles.

Go lift some pups.

Fyndir wrote: »
    Cimmerii wrote: »

This sounds like a problem with you not being swole enough to give doggy cuddles.

Go lift some pups.

You try being 5ft tall and having a big dog made of muscle try to say hello by leaping on you. (very friendly dog, sweet as sugar and dumb as a bag of hammers).

I am sadly short on pups to lift, if you know of any I can borrow I will gladly practice with them. And snuggle them.

*Internally Screaming*
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Get a newborn pup to lift, comes with the added bonus of automatically increasing weight as time goes on.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
    Can't I just use these two kitties I have on hand?

*Internally Screaming*
    Dogs rule.

Cats drool.

Fyndir wrote: »
    Dogs rule.

Cats drool.

Lies. Dogs are drooly slobbermonsters.

*Internally Screaming*
    Yeah but like, in a good way.

• scherbchenscherbchen Asgard (it is dead)Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    One thing about fighting dogs that really threw me, my family and our second dog back in the 80's:

We had just lost our first family dog due to her running away and being hit by a car. Our Doberman bitch was really devastated and alone so my father, who is not a dog person at all and got pressured into getting any kind of dog to keep her company went and looked for a "cool" race.

He and his brother, my uncle, a massive cunt, discovered a breeder for a Japanese fighting dog. The Tosa Inu. This being the 80's nobody had a clue and we picked up this bundle of skin which smelled amazingly (like a baby tbh) and had a bald stomach (who gleefully peed on me on the ride back from the breeder and would not stop licking me) and brought her home.

Once we exited from the car our Doberman came running, furious like hell and the little bundle of skin just managed to hide under the car and yelled for help like a bawling baby. This seemed to satisfy our main bitch and for the next six months she was happy just harassing her new mate every now and then.

Until one day they actually got into a fight. I guess our Doberman was getting a bit scared by the sheer size the Tosa was growing to and she did get a bit mean.

Cue the most amazing sumo shit I had ever seen until that point: the Tosa teenager did not bite, no, she ran at our Doberman, put her massive head underneath her stomach and just let her top neck muscles contract and she flipped that dog over so hard the Doberman had no clue what was happening and from that point on decided to be very friendly and to be very happy to play second fiddle.

She did not get taught that move unless it was in the cradle. As far as I know her genes just told her that this was a clever move. Because biting was for sissies.

Damn I miss those dags.

scherbchen on
  • ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Going on an adventure.

tumblr_negcs11Auw1qebmj3o1_500.jpg

tumblr_negcs11Auw1qebmj3o2_1280.jpg

• Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    scherbchen wrote: »
    One thing about fighting dogs that really threw me, my family and our second dog back in the 80's:

We had just lost our first family dog due to her running away and being hit by a car. Our Doberman bitch was really devastated and alone so my father, who is not a dog person at all and got pressured into getting any kind of dog to keep her company went and looked for a "cool" race.

He and his brother, my uncle, a massive cunt, discovered a breeder for a Japanese fighting dog. The Tosa Inu. This being the 80's nobody had a clue and we picked up this bundle of skin which smelled amazingly (like a baby tbh) and had a bald stomach (who gleefully peed on me on the ride back from the breeder and would not stop licking me) and brought her home.

Once we exited from the car our Doberman came running, furious like hell and the little bundle of skin just managed to hide under the car and yelled for help like a bawling baby. This seemed to satisfy our main bitch and for the next six months she was happy just harassing her new mate every now and then.

Until one day they actually got into a fight. I guess our Doberman was getting a bit scared by the sheer size the Tosa was growing to and she did get a bit mean.

Cue the most amazing sumo shit I had ever seen until that point: the Tosa teenager did not bite, no, she ran at our Doberman, put her massive head underneath her stomach and just let her top neck muscles contract and she flipped that dog over so hard the Doberman had no clue what was happening and from that point on decided to be very friendly and to be very happy to play second fiddle.

She did not get taught that move unless it was in the cradle. As far as I know her genes just told her that this was a clever move. Because biting was for sissies.

Damn I miss those dags.

I saw Inu and assumed it was going to be a fluffy thing like a Shiba with muscle. Like a buff Chow. Google image search pulled up an adult next to a child. This child and 3 of his friends could ride it like a horse and it could probably pull the rest of his class behind him on a sled. That is a stout looking dog. Also adorable looking as puppies.

• Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Houk wrote: »

also has it really been six months? it feels like just yesterday you were in the job thread talking about leaving

A lot of little things bogging me down, largely due to a complete refusal to on my coworkers' part to actually communicate anything. They never say what we're doing on special days like open schools and holiday itineraries like Christmas and Halloween parties (then get angry at me for not being able to read their minds), and they have forbidden me from talking to parents of bad kids about their behavior/lack of effort because "they're customers". They'd rather make money than address poor behavior.

This company gave me the worst Christmas.

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular

A lot of little things bogging me down, largely due to a complete refusal to on my coworkers' part to actually communicate anything. They never say what we're doing on special days like open schools and holiday itineraries like Christmas and Halloween parties (then get angry at me for not being able to read their minds), and they have forbidden me from talking to parents of bad kids about their behavior/lack of effort because "they're customers". They'd rather make money than address poor behavior.

oh, yeah...the second part sounds like every for-profit english school i've ever read about, and the first part sounds like all too many teachers at just about every school in the country. sorry it didn't work out :(

• FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    My cat is photogenic when he's being goofy
    1486589_10103651389537910_528284003490492687_n.jpg?oh=bc51bcda2ea9f4b31be38d16bf578728&oe=5539A9C3

10553397_10103906899888120_2164638469512399850_n.jpg?oh=9b8e3fe820ada8da8006a16af304d6b8&oe=553B62E6

10420040_10104437797794460_4559959831797512595_n.jpg?oh=2869256faa81e034089634d078649ef9&oe=553FF7DB

15118_10103662477836870_6097565739796038039_n.jpg?oh=1b7fb6ee41efa2784950d297aed38305&oe=55393641

tumblr_mby6lnd7AR1qasthro1_400.gif

hup hup hup hup hup

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Bubby or fuzzbutt?

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Bubby

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Yeah, Mr Fuzzbutt is 1400 pounds of killing machine...

oh, yeah...the second part sounds like every for-profit english school i've ever read about, and the first part sounds like all too many teachers at just about every school in the country. sorry it didn't work out :(

That open house we had established weeks prior on doing the theme to a popular kids show called Yokai Watch.

What they failed to do was mention we were doing an unofficial English translation.

And to supply a link to the song/lyrics.

Then got pissy when I told them that it's impossible to memorize the entire song AND dance within the thirty minutes we had the day of said open school before the kids began to arrive.

Unsurprisingly, we had only one of the nineteen kids sign up.

I'm just ready to hug my ferrets forever.

That open house we had established weeks prior on doing the theme to a popular kids show called Yokai Watch.

What they failed to do was mention we were doing an unofficial English translation.

And to supply a link to the song/lyrics.

Then got pissy when I told them that it's impossible to memorize the entire song AND dance within the thirty minutes we had the day of said open school before the kids began to arrive.

Unsurprisingly, we had only one of the nineteen kids sign up.

I'm just ready to hug my ferrets forever.

daaang, that really sucks, sorry to hear it

but based on the time i had a pet ferret of my own, i'm sure their snuggles will put you well back on track

• Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Yeah, Mr Fuzzbutt is 1400 pounds of killing machine...

IHcnuUQ.jpg

broken image link
  • Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    I wish I wasn't super allergic to dogs because some of them are absolutely adorable.

But, well, I like breathing without difficulty so

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
    THAT MELON HAD A FAMILY

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    tumblr_ng67lmKWZq1rl1jado1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n2wrmaWNYd1qf24ngo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_n2wrmaWNYd1qf24ngo2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_n2wrmaWNYd1qf24ngo3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_n2wrmaWNYd1qf24ngo4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_n2wrmaWNYd1qf24ngo5_1280.jpg
    tumblr_n2wrmaWNYd1qf24ngo6_1280.jpg
    tumblr_n2wrmaWNYd1qf24ngo7_1280.jpg
    tumblr_n2wrmaWNYd1qf24ngo8_1280.jpg

I've also heard a fair bit about Japan (and eastern culture in general) being fairly non-confrontational about a lot of things.

So that doesn't surprise me in the least.

edited December 2014
    tumblr_na2ddnSQwf1rns0quo1_500.jpg

tumblr_nh9kagbtL31qergrdo1_1280.jpg

Lalabox on

tumblr_ma5x8qiND61r2wrwho1_500.jpg
    tumblr_ma5x8qiND61r2wrwho2_500.jpg

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    black cats and huskies talking

there is nothing better

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »
    tumblr_ng67lmKWZq1rl1jado1_1280.jpg

If you're looking for a White Rabbit, I'd ask the Mad Hatter!

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
    tumblr_nhcohan9qL1u2jwbho1_400.gif

This discussion has been closed.