As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MLP: Half the ponies, twice the excitement! Season 5 in Spring 2015!!!

• EvilCakeEvilCake Richmond VARegistered User regular
    wow didn't even notice Applejack in that cover at first >_>'

• RuldarRuldar Registered User regular
    Cherilee gets a visit from her sister who happens to be one of the most famous wrestlers in Equestria! A long-simmering grudge between the siblings threatens to explode unless Rarity and friends can figure out a way for the two to mend hurt feelings.

What is this I don't even.

Sounds fun.

EvilCake wrote: »
    wow didn't even notice Applejack in that cover at first >_>'

Poor AJ, always in the background.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Oh sweet Jesus pony wrestling.

BLM - ACAB
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
  • Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    ZqLmTGf.jpg

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    a_less_than_amused_celestia_by_evehly-d85wkii.jpg

Stabbity_Style.png
  • gavindelgavindel The reason all your software is brokenRegistered User regular
    "That was good tea you spilled. Prepare to die."

Book - Royal road - Free! Seraphim === TTRPG - Wuxia - Free! Seln Alora
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Aw, I guess Slice of Life is officially dead. Can't believe he didn't leave it up, either. Such a good comic, too.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • TetraNitroCubaneTetraNitroCubane The Djinnerator At the bottom of a bottleRegistered User regular
    Nooooooo :bigfrown: That was such a great comic! How am I just now noticing that it's gone?

Was this announced anywhere? I can't find the news on Egophiliac's blog, and trying to visit the Slice of Pony Life blog just redirects me to Google for some reason.

Still, that makes me really sad. It was hands-down my favorite pony fan comic. Egophiliac just really knew how to write the characters really well.

VuIBhrs.png
  • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    tumblr_ngz4fbCCzy1rhvkrqo1_1280.png

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Nooooooo :bigfrown: That was such a great comic! How am I just now noticing that it's gone?

Was this announced anywhere? I can't find the news on Egophiliac's blog, and trying to visit the Slice of Pony Life blog just redirects me to Google for some reason.

Still, that makes me really sad. It was hands-down my favorite pony fan comic. Egophiliac just really knew how to write the characters really well.

Her last post about Slice was this, about 3 months ago. Not sure exactly what pissed her off about doing it, since she never seemed interested in going into details. Demands for updates? Holes the show kept punching in her continuity? Something else? A pity, but there's no point doing it if she wasn't enjoying it.

steam_sig.png
  • TetraNitroCubaneTetraNitroCubane The Djinnerator At the bottom of a bottleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Ouch, yeah. I can completely understand that. Nothing stings quite like having a creation like that turn on you, and whatever the reasoning might be, there really isn't a point in forcing the content if it was a negative experience.

Still gonna miss it something fierce, though.

TetraNitroCubane on
    VuIBhrs.png
    AQHVlP9.jpg

Heavenly Nostrils is getting syndicated in newspapers in the new year - And being renamed 'Phoebe and her Unicorn' as part of that.

steam_sig.png
    edited December 2014
    Sixth Teaser video is now up, completing the mane six. There is another brief glimpse of spoiler footage in this one, so be forewarned. Though it is minimal, it is there. Also, the darned video thumbnail is technically a spoiler, so I'm putting it under a cut this time just to be super safe.

Now to see if Riokenn's theory pans out...

TetraNitroCubane on
    VuIBhrs.png
    Well, they might do one for Spike....cause he's Spike.
    But other than that I am hoping they give us a date in January. It's been too long and the theories about that episode resurfaced. (THANKS @tetranitroCubane)

Gonna think about it for the whole day now.

• Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    I like the Fluffle Puff storyline of Chryssi becoming accepted. As much as people like to slight it for the childlike shipping that Fluffly has towards Chryssi this is becoming headcannon for me. Changeling Sanctuaries for the win!

steam_sig.png
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    IDW released this concept art of a future character showing up in the MLP comics via a Twitter post.
    2014-12-27%2B07.27.59.jpg

Cripes, the Annual this year was pretty brutal to Sunset. D:

persona4celestia.jpg
    Owenashi wrote: »
    IDW released this concept art of a future character showing up in the MLP comics via a Twitter post.

Hmn. Except for the antlers it looks like a more respectable member of Tirek's race. Possibly Scorpan?

• BremenBremen Registered User regular
    Ruldar wrote: »

Hmn. Except for the antlers it looks like a more respectable member of Tirek's race. Possibly Scorpan?

Scorpan looks like winged monkey in both G1 and the flashback in Twilight's Kingdom, though.

edited December 2014
    scootaloo_s_present_by_doublewbrothers-d8b1amy.jpg

Psychotic One on
    I think I nearly laughed up a lung when I read that comic over the holidays.
    Bremen wrote: »
    Ruldar wrote: »

Scorpan looks like winged monkey in both G1 and the flashback in Twilight's Kingdom, though.

Oh, yeah, that's right.

Pre-Orders are open! As well as Pre-Orders for Twilight Plush!
    FluttershyPreOrder-500x500.jpg

I can't say no to that face...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-O5iMsEQwU

In honor of the return of a little something-something
    mlp_hail_hydra__1_by_transformersguy1000-d7hmfdg.jpg

• agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    discord_vs_hydra_by_quynzel-d770vmo.png

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
    gsr4RbP.jpg

steam_sig.png
    One of the MLP comic artist made a PonyXAttack on Titan poster.
    B6UAyZACIAArQBr.jpg%2Blarge.jpg

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Hey is this show still good? My wife and watched up through the first part of I think the third season (started out with the crystal empire thing) and just kind of petered off a couple episodes after that as it didn't seem to grab either of us as much as it used to. Were we just imagining things or did it go through a down patch or something?

steam_sig.png
    edited January 2015
    General consensus seems to be that season three was sort of a "holding pattern" in terms of quality. Quite a few people rank the episodes below some of the earlier ones, but it's all opinion (Honestly, some of the season three episodes I liked a whole lot).

I found season four to be a cut above, and pretty consistently great. But at the end of the day, that's sort of a "your mileage may vary" situation. I know plenty of people who just stopped watching during season four because the show didn't grab them anymore. Personally, I got even more interested in the show for season four than I did for season three. I was over the moon by the time the finale hit.

TetraNitroCubane on
    VuIBhrs.png
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Hmm, maybe I'll pick it up again. I'm almost done marathonning The Office while I grind things out in FFXIV. Can fire this up in it's place.

steam_sig.png
    Hmm, maybe I'll pick it up again. I'm almost done marathonning The Office while I grind things out in FFXIV. Can fire this up in it's place.

You get a straight up DBZ fight with Ponies for the Season 4 finale. Think Vegeta vs Cell level of craziness.

• BremenBremen Registered User regular
    Hey is this show still good? My wife and watched up through the first part of I think the third season (started out with the crystal empire thing) and just kind of petered off a couple episodes after that as it didn't seem to grab either of us as much as it used to. Were we just imagining things or did it go through a down patch or something?

I'd say that, from a technical and writing perspective, season 4 was probably the best so far. So if you're looking for the characters you know in amusing situations, and just thought S3 wasn't up to the usual standards, it will probably provide. On the other hand, nothing really changes (well, ok, something really changes, but it doesn't really change the course or tone of the show), so if you were just getting bored of the show I'm not sure the new episodes will change that.

dG6iVrh.jpg

steam_sig.png
    The logic is flawless.

edited January 2015
    New Friends Forever issue out today (#13, with Babs Seed and Rarity) was fun. Also, it implies that
    Princess Cadance secretly plays for a Manehatten Roller Derby team under the name 'Shining Harmer'.

Werewolf2000ad on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.