As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Cunning disguises

• MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Man being poor in this society is some bullshit. I hope in the new year we can learn the price and value of some good will.

Falling that, I hope all of you strike it rich somehow.

• TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I had a boss once explain to me in detail how our work was haunted and all her theories about the ghosts and whanot.

And I wanted to sass her so badly, but, I mean. She was my boss.

Hey, next time this happens let me know and I'll fax over my rates. I can even get a group together with a smoke machine, some sophisticated puppets and a car with the lights and everything.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Stale wrote: »
    because the exchange rate fluctuates, it is possible to make quite a bit of money with bitcoin.

in the same way you would shorting trash stocks.

on a long enough time line, with an automated system and a good amount of liquid up front, it's actually quite simple.

Good luck getting actual money in exchange for your accumulated bitcoins, though.

I believe Stale has already managed to make money before off of a fake, digital currency. I can't imagine this is any different.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Bitcoin is a great racket

but it is not MONEY 2.0 or the answer to inflation or the future of trade or any of that horseshit Reddit says it is

it's a fucking racket

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Seems legit

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    TankHammer wrote: »
    I believe Stale has already managed to make money before off of a fake, digital currency. I can't imagine this is any different.

I'm familiar with the story of how Stale bought a house with Star Wars videogame money, yes.

It's significantly easier to get people to give you real money for fake videogame currency than it is to cash out 1000 bitcoins for USD, though.

• mullymully Registered User regular
    hey guys

checking in to make sure no one forgot about dre

you're welcome

mully wrote: »
    hey guys

you're welcome

I can't forget about Dre. I was just thinking about the good doctor today, in-fact.

Now Coolio, that's a dude I have pretty-much forgotten about.

• UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Weird Al won't let me forget about Coolio

• facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    I remember reading something about how really intelligent people are prone to falling for dumb shit sometimes because their brains are capable of justifying anything to themselves?

It is A Phenomenon.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    An Amish with a 'tude?

You know that's unheard of!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

Real strong, facetious.

• ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    Man being poor in this society is some bullshit. I hope in the new year we can learn the price and value of some good will.

Falling that, I hope all of you strike it rich somehow.

Some people fantasise about all the things they would buy if they won the lottery. I fantasise about all the debt I would pay off.

• FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    mully wrote: »
    hey guys

you're welcome

I swore to myself that this year I wouldn't. :(

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Hey chat thread. Last night I went round a mate's house, he got a rad telescope for xmas so we spent several hours freezing our butts off looking at the sky because recently there has been a weird phenomenon occurring in the UK where there are no clouds.

I saw Jupiter close enough to see all its moons and the stripes on its body. It was AWESOME. GUYS SPACE IS SO COOL.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    space is ace

broken image link
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Hey chat thread. Last night I went round a mate's house, he got a rad telescope for xmas so we spent several hours freezing our butts off looking at the sky because recently there has been a weird phenomenon occurring in the UK where there are no clouds.

I saw Jupiter close enough to see all its moons and the stripes on its body. It was AWESOME. GUYS SPACE IS SO COOL.

I had a dream the other morning that woke me up. A friend of mine that I work with got a new telescope and I went over to his place to check it out, much like you did. Only in my dream, the telescope magnified Jupiter to look like it does in high-res photographs taken by satellites, all huge and in my face. That was disorienting enough but then he pulled out a laser pointer and I could see it shining through Jupiter's clouds and that really freaked me out that somehow his light was able to reach that far. I got some major vertigo and I jerked awake.

As a side note, I get bad vertigo just looking up at the sky when I'm standing away from buildings or trees or anything. Also whenever I try and visualize exactly how infinitely massive the universe is. And sometimes if I visualize a planet in front of me that I'm backing away from I feel like there's nothing underneath me (because there isn't) and I feel like I'm about to fall. I'm weird.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    my kangaroo could beat up your eagle

have you fucking seen Far Cry 4

eagles are monsters

Kangaroos aren't in the game because they made it too hard.

I mean, sure kangaroos can defeat foreign Eagles.

But you say that to the Wedge Tailed Eagles I see sitting on the ground.

Eating kangaroos.

space is ace

Of course space is asexual.

Why would space be sexual.

Real strong, facetious.

Except for the the moon, which is of course a dom.

@DaMoonRulz

Real strong, facetious.

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    That's right tides, you move when I say move.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

You certainly make sure they're all tide up.

Real strong, facetious.

Only a little bit at a time, otherwise it can cause permananent damage. Call a doctor if your high tide lasts more than four hours.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

You know, the Sun has an effect on the tides also. Not just the moon.

• JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    So, I gave a ride home to a coworker a few years ago, but first she asked if we could stop at the grocery store to grab a frozen pizza. She looked and looked for a Canadian bacon pizza. I found one. Kraft brand Canadian bacon oven pizza.

She promptly informed me that she couldn't buy that one because Kraft cheese has nanobots in it that control your mind!

I couldn't even think of what to say to that after I asked if she was serious. Just smile and nod.

Kraft cheese isn't
    Buy more cheese!
    controlling my brain.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • KadithKadith Registered User regular
    I mean Yeah but Kraft cheese isn't cheese. And also it's terrible.

zkHcp.jpg
  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    ... the fuck?

DaMoonRulz wrote: »

You know, the Sun has an effect on the tides also. Not just the moon.

It's already a spotlight.

Does it really need to steal one?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    facetious wrote: »
    I remember reading something about how really intelligent people are prone to falling for dumb shit sometimes because their brains are capable of justifying anything to themselves?

It is A Phenomenon.

The thing that is important to remember is that "really intelligent" is not an actual inherent trait of a person. It's not like "really tall". It's a social descriptor. So you can colloquially be like "shit, that professor is well-versed in the field and has frequently got insightful ideas about the future of materials science" = "that person's smart", but that generalization will gloss over the fact that you have no idea what they're up to outside of that field.

And yeah being well-versed in cooking up plausible explanations for phenomena sometimes causes people to say "Well, I don't have time to exhaustively check out ghost-related stuff because I am working full time as an astrophysicist but IF IT WERE TRUE it would be in this really clever hard-to-disprove manner."

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »
    So, I gave a ride home to a coworker a few years ago, but first she asked if we could stop at the grocery store to grab a frozen pizza. She looked and looked for a Canadian bacon pizza. I found one. Kraft brand Canadian bacon oven pizza.

She promptly informed me that she couldn't buy that one because Kraft cheese has nanobots in it that control your mind!

I couldn't even think of what to say to that after I asked if she was serious. Just smile and nod.

Kraft cheese isn't
    Buy more cheese!
    controlling my brain.

Obviously not, everyone knows that Nanobots talk in italics, not spoilers.
    No we don't. And remember to drink your Ovaltine!

• JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Kadith wrote: »

Yeah I avoid it. It is gross. If she didn't like it, fine. But don't come at me with the nanobots.

The real moral of the story is that only crazy people like Canadian bacon pizza.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Kraft mac and cheese is bliss on earth.

• Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »
    Kadith wrote: »

Yeah I avoid it. It is gross. If she didn't like it, fine. But don't come at me with the nanobots.

The real moral of the story is that only crazy people like Canadian bacon pizza.

The fuck you just say to me?

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »

If you strictly follow the instructions on the package it is pretty bad, but with just a few little tweaks it can be delicious and satisfying.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I like to add chili and some cumin

• PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »

If you strictly follow the instructions on the package it is pretty bad, but with just a few little tweaks it can be delicious and satisfying.

aka: ketchup and hot dogs (or sausages if you're feeling prissy)

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »

aka: ketchup and hot dogs (or sausages if you're feeling prissy)

kraft with hotdogs is the best

2x39jD4.jpg