As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX SECRET BOBCATS 3: BOBCAT WITH A VENGEANCE 2014

• WickershamWickersham Registered User regular
    Bobcat en route, in 2 parts.

Bobcat received as well, but not yet opened, because my wife has Views about opening gifts before Christmas.

• kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    Wickersham wrote: »
    Bobcat en route, in 2 parts.

Bobcat received as well, but not yet opened, because my wife has Views about opening gifts before Christmas.

What does the Great Cardboard Tube in the sky have to do with Christmas? Besides it's bobcats we're talking about here, not a pair of sodding socks!

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Good thing these aren't Christmas gifts then. It's close enough now that it probably doesn't matter, but in general we *heavily* encourage people to open things and post immediately. Show her this if she doubts you.

• SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Good thing these aren't Christmas gifts then. It's close enough now that it probably doesn't matter, but in general we *heavily* encourage people to open things and post immediately. Show her this if she doubts you.

in fact, it's part of the rules!!

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • bubblegumnexbubblegumnex Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    So I found a package notification in the mail. I exchanged it for this:
    mod edit: image removed, re-add without home address

What's this? What's this?

I open it up and pull everything out:
    cj3S4sx.jpg?1
    Oh my.......

Card!
    mmS8tbJ.jpg
    5SKxAB3.jpg

The Unwrappening!
    6THijZG.jpg
    Hc9BZTK.jpg
    DWF20a6.jpg
    MuGfs87.jpg
    caxxDcQ.jpg
    aPAgv9v.jpg

Awesome haul!

Thank you @Xenard This is more than I could have hoped for! Super grateful!

I will now go swear at wood for several hours!

zerzhul on
    <@zerzhul&gt; bubblegumnex: you were so very fucked up
    <@zerzhul&gt; you win at twdt
    @bubblegumnex A great set of gifts, but you may want to blur out your home address on the first picture....

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• xenardxenard Registered User regular
    @bubblegumnex so happy you like your gifts! There was supposed to be one more thing but customs said no.

steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend Code: 2449-5711-0640
  • bubblegumnexbubblegumnex Registered User regular
    @xenard Boo-urns! But hey! That's the black -holeness of the border. I super-appreciate it :D I hope you have a rad christmas! And thank you!

<@zerzhul&gt; bubblegumnex: you were so very fucked up
    <@zerzhul&gt; you win at twdt
  • purevalpureval Somersworth, NH Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I received my gift in today and love it @dashD. The box(es) were hysterical. Pics will be up when I can get my card reader to actually read a card.

Apologies to both @dashD and @smalllady, my bobcat arrived during the busiest time of the year at work combining with me becoming rather ill. Any how, onto the pics.

I came home from one particularly long shift to discover a box with curious writing on my porch.
    [img][/img]DSCF5813_zps6329bd68.jpg

Inside was a beautifully wrapped gift
    [img][/img]DSCF5824_zps8a72a73c.jpg

containing another box with curious writing:
    [img][/img]DSCF5821_zps07561224.jpg

and this goes on for a while before I finally reach a box containing many other smaller wrapper boxes!
    [img][/img]DSCF5833_zps120fa1ee.jpg

Bobcat the first a Zelda key chain
    [img][/img]DSCF5835_zpsf5445081.jpg

Bobcat the second: a Batsignal for my desk
    [img][/img]DSCF5836_zps7d96816d.jpg

Bobcat the thrid: Fluxx
    [img][/img]DSCF5837_zpsab8033c0.jpg

Bobcat the fourth: We didn't playtest this at all
    [img][/img]DSCF5838_zps203a46af.jpg

The whole kit and kaboodle
    [img][/img]DSCF5839_zpsdcf67178.jpg

and for no reason what so ever a picture of my puppy, Zelda
    [img][/img]DSCF5706_zps6ac8af40.jpg

pureval on
  • DashDDashD Dread Pirate Chef Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Finally posting pics and thanks!
    bobcat1_2.jpg
    Behold! A box!
    bobcat2.jpg
    Things wrapped in shiny paper!
    bobcat3.jpg
    All the things! Jewelry! Books! Peanut Butter Chips! A Card!
    bobcat4.jpg
    bobcat5.jpg
    bobcat6.jpg
    Jokes!

Thanks @BombClancy‌!

"Brilliant! Oh wait, if we were meant to fly, we would have been born with little bags of nuts."
    PAX_Badge_Sig.png
    Reminder: IF YOU DO NOT POST PICTURES OF YOUR GIFT, YOU WILL NOT BE MARKED AS RECEIVED.

Seriously, please open, take pics and post right away. Making a post of "i'll post pics later" doesn't help anything.

• rileyperrileyper Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    My bobcat is ready to be shipped, It will be on the move by tomorrow. BOBCAT GOT LOOSE Last seen headed to New York State

rileyper on
    Pax Prime 2014 checklist: Accommodations[x] Travel [x] Time Off [x] BYOC [not attending :(]
    Pax South 2015 checklist: Accommodations[x] Travel [x] Time Off [ ] BYOC [x]
    Pax East 2015 checklist: Accommodations[ ] Travel [ ] Time Off [ ] BYOC [ ]
    fss.png
  • NowHiringHenchmenNowHiringHenchmen Registered User regular
    I have received my gift just about an hour ago! Will be opening later tonight and pictures to come.

As for MY gift to my giftee: it was sent, and then returned for some reason due to the USPS near me being completely terrible. I will be sending it out tomorrow, and while it should arrive before Jan. 1, I am truly sorry if it doesn't. :(

• KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    Dear Santee,

The Bobcat barrage will not stop until you post pictures. Do you want to be up to your neck in irate bobcats? I wouldn't.

Yours Sincerely,
    Bobcat Santa

I think Royal Mail tried to deliver my parcel, but that have charged me a customs VAT of £20 ($US35) before I can receive it. It would appear the UK's border agency don't believe in The Great Cardboard Tube in the Sky....

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

Hey, @BombClancy‌, did you happen to get me a CAH Holiday Bullshit set? I can't figure out where it came from.

"Brilliant! Oh wait, if we were meant to fly, we would have been born with little bags of nuts."
    PAX_Badge_Sig.png
  • BombClancyBombClancy Sugar Lady Registered User regular
    DashD wrote: »
    Hey, @BombClancy‌, did you happen to get me a CAH Holiday Bullshit set? I can't figure out where it came from.

I did. I misread your initial post as wanting it & ordered it in addition to your package sent ._.

what do you call a pile of kittens? A meoooowntain!
    itweet
    Ah, mystery solved! Thanks so much!

PAX_Badge_Sig.png
  • Kiss Me GoodByeKiss Me GoodBye Registered User regular
    My giftee still hasn't posted his gifts. I hope he received them :-/

SQUID
    PAX EAST 2011 * 2012 * 2013 *2014 *2015 *2016 | PAX PRIME 2013| PAX UNPLUGGED 2017
  • draklandraklan Chocobo in time the Frosty North... mmm FrostingRegistered User regular
    I still haven't received my gifts hope they were sent

• Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    I received two canisters of random tea without anything else (packing slip etc). Perhaps these are actually bobcats? Please advise if so. The box had no other telltail marks. Get it.. TELLTAIL... Hahahahaha....... -.-

Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
    I got a "Part 1 of 2" bobcat. I shall wait a couple days for part 2, and if part 2 doesn't come within a day or so I will post pictures of part 1 on their own.

• soozerellasoozerella Registered User regular
    I've not received any bobcats yet, so hopefully that jibes with what the status of my pkg should be at this point. :) I'm always paranoid about PO delivery errors (they've given my stuff to the wrong house before, alas) and/or crummy neighbors making off with things.

PAX Prime attendee: '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, and soon to be '16
  • Kiss Me GoodByeKiss Me GoodBye Registered User regular
    My giftee confirmed that he received his gifts though hasn't posted them yet.

SQUID
    PAX EAST 2011 * 2012 * 2013 *2014 *2015 *2016 | PAX PRIME 2013| PAX UNPLUGGED 2017
    These people have not posted/received their Gift.

IF YOU ARE ON THIS LIST AND RECEIVED YOUR GIFT, I AM VERY DISAPOINT

Menolly07
    punzie
    tvethiopia
    pureval
    NowHiringHenchmen
    Ravenger
    Wickersham
    birrhan
    draklan
    soozerella
    Kropotkin
    Happendy
    Kirindal
    zerzhul
    squire_Pug
    PayneTrayne

part 2 just arrived!

Part 1, picking my weakest stat is probably the best plan to give me a more well rounded set of abilities. It's good to be S.P.E.C.I.A.L.
    deio6ir0wxj3.png

Part 2, awesome choice! I am certain I will get a lot of enjoyment out of this :)
    k2l3wz9wxpko.png

Thanks so much, mystery gifter!

• Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    As of right now I've not received anything. Nobody has claimed responsibility for the Stranger Tea, and I did just join another exchange.

Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • draklandraklan Chocobo in time the Frosty North... mmm FrostingRegistered User regular
    SmallLady wrote: »

edited for brevity
    draklan

as stated a few days ago to date I have NOT recieved my gift I'm more than a little disappointed in this also at my giftee as I know they received my gift just have not posted what they got that I have seen.

• WickershamWickersham Registered User regular
    Apologies for the breach of protocol; this was my first Secret Bobcat experience. The upside, though, is it gave me enough time to assemble my gifts!

gx2kqrq6zsj1.jpg

Thank you, Secret Bobcat! If you're coming to PAX South, you'll have to find time for me to buy you a drink!
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Thanks so much, mystery gifter!

You're welcome! You get a drink too!

draklan wrote: »
    SmallLady wrote: »

edited for brevity
    draklan

as stated a few days ago to date I have NOT recieved my gift I'm more than a little disappointed in this also at my giftee as I know they received my gift just have not posted what they got that I have seen.

I said if. That was just the whole list of people who hadn't posted their gifts yet. I wasn't calling you out.

• punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I received my bobcat some time ago and thanked my gifter via twitter but have been slow about posting here.
    My cats got toys! First up was a scratching pad. A must for any cat-parent.
    IMG_2182_zpsa85c623c.jpg
    They are intrigued by the tissue ball in the underside.
    IMG_2184_zps42c8c97e.jpg
    And that came with catnip so they were ALL over the packaging.
    Next, felt on a string.
    IMG_2196_zps0b84760f.jpg
    Clearly it must be defeated.

The human (me) was also gifted Apollo Justice for my DS but that doesn't come with cat pictures. :3
    Thank you @bubblegumnex <3

Edit: The bobcat I shipped has successfully made it over the great waters so it will hopefully arrive in a day or 2. Dang that's cutting it close to deadline. *bites fingernails*

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
    Today is a very auspicious day as not only is it my Birthday but it is also the day my gift from the great Cardboard Tube in the sky arrived at my humble home. The agent of this gift is none other than @Punzie who did a sterling job of getting these gifts to me before the deadline of 1st Jan 2015 and actually on my anniversary of my existence in this reality, which I have now celebrated 44 times. Here is the picture for evidence:

Punzie_Bobcat_2014_zps1331050b.jpg

The woolly item is a PAX emblazoned dice bag, which I initially mistook for a teacozy for a teapot, for I am that British!

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

@kropotkin glad it got there ok and happy birthday!

HI3789R.png
    edited December 2014
    A Bobcat Appears.
    Firstly I must say it's nice to know someone else gets robbed when shipping stuff. It's a box addressed to me from a Land Down under Awesome!!!
    What trove of riches has the Great Cardboard Tube in the Sky instructed his Emmisary to send? Also who is The Emmisary?!?
    Aha! A Note the Emmisary is none other than @Manic2k‌
    Appropriately Australian a Cute Koala Keychain it only bit me once :)
    Under the heading of Weird there are these kinda rad Animals of Australia Cards from Taronga and Woolworths
    A Pinny Arcade Pin! one of the limited editions and coincidentally one I missed somehow. So this was awesome!

and last but not least... Vegemite.. umm ...thanks? Somehow I've always believed vegemite to be a prank food item to feed to tourists but that said I'll try it at some point.

Thanks @Manic2k you did well.

draklan on
  • soozerellasoozerella Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Very exciting—there were bobcats waiting for me when I got home today!

So cute in their travel carrier:
    sxx6z9bl31ev.jpg

Yessss! So excited about this one!! I'm completely new to this world but I've always been super curious. I can't wait to see what it's like!
    ony1bm9dcnqu.jpg

Ahhh, this game always makes me think of PAX & seeing everyone play it in lines. <3 I think I'll take this to the next family dinner/gathering I go to and see if it livens things up. :D
    ezfl19t0omcp.jpg

Ermahgerd, WoW Mega Bloks! I didn't even know these were a thing! Little Lichy & Sindragosa, n'awww. <3 So psyched to get these put together and displayed.
    ddtzgsm33viz.jpg

What a lovely and generous haul! My own live-in bobcat approves as well. She was particularly interested in Pokemon right off the bat...
    k7w0s9xe3ohq.jpg

Thank you so much, @NowHiringHenchmen ... I love it all! :biggrin:

soozerella on
    PAX Prime attendee: '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, and soon to be '16
    Woah @soozerella, those nails are rad!

HI3789R.png
    edited January 2015
    So, I've been incredibly slow about posting my bobcat, and I would like to say an extreme, heartfelt sorry to @draklan, who was my AWESOME gifter. I was in the process of trying to move, so posting pics became a distant thing in my mind. However, without further ado, here they are:

Unfortunately, I couldn't get any pictures of the wonderful individually wrapped gifts, as I have a little sister who loves gifts to no avail. So, after letting her help me unwrap some, the first things we came across were these two guys:
    jnmnjgmpa028.jpg
    The Ren is admittedly a bit unnerving when you first see him, but he's still awesome nonetheless.

Next up were two awesome blind box figures, one from The Walking Dead series, and one as one of the turret guns from the Portal series:
    cz3xpiih90di.jpglvdpzla3ta62.jpg

One of the more practical items that came was an ice tray, but it wouldn't be a REAL ice tray unless it served up batcubes!
    v8we1nkciajx.jpg
    I haven't used them yet, but I cannot wait to try.

My sister and I were very excited for these three, as they gave us both something to do together, and something that flexed our minds!
    io8u7612911i.jpg
    td9oiqx10fpl.jpgd162z6q3somf.jpg

Two of the last things I unwrapped were some awesome POP Vinyls, and of course one of them was of the best (sort of) hero of all time: Deadpool!
    jimj26zo6fvo.jpg

I wasn't able to snag a picture of EVERYTHING that came separately (my sister snatched the glasses, and the candy was gone almost immediately :P) , but here is a picture of all the amazing things received:
    6e84egfs6zie.jpg

They were all awesome gifts, and I'm sorry if I made you anxious by not posting. You did an awesome job, @draklan!

NowHiringHenchmen on
    soozerella wrote: »
    Very exciting—there were bobcats waiting for me when I got home today!

So cute in their travel carrier:
    sxx6z9bl31ev.jpg

Yessss! So excited about this one!! I'm completely new to this world but I've always been super curious. I can't wait to see what it's like!
    ony1bm9dcnqu.jpg

Ahhh, this game always makes me think of PAX & seeing everyone play it in lines. <3 I think I'll take this to the next family dinner/gathering I go to and see if it livens things up. :D
    ezfl19t0omcp.jpg

Ermahgerd, WoW Mega Bloks! I didn't even know these were a thing! Little Lichy & Sindragosa, n'awww. <3 So psyched to get these put together and displayed.
    ddtzgsm33viz.jpg

What a lovely and generous haul! My own live-in bobcat approves as well. She was particularly interested in Pokemon right off the bat...
    k7w0s9xe3ohq.jpg

Thank you so much, @NowHiringHenchmen ... I love it all! :biggrin:

I'm glad it made it there safely!

edited January 2015
    So I just went to check on the bobcat I sent. Turns out it never got sent. I ordered through ozgameshop, since my person is in australia, and apparently my credit card company canceled payment on it a day or so after the fact. I never got any emails or contact of any kind saying that it got kicked back, or that I had an outstanding order or needed to pay or anything like that. Just logged in, and it said "awaiting payment on this order." I've tried paying again, and it says it went through.

Sorry @Squire_Pug‌

It's coming now, I think, if this website is to be believed.

zerzhul on
    edited January 2015
    GIFTERS. Please give me updates on these giftee's packages.

birrhan gifting to Menolly07
    DashD gifting to pureval
    Happendy gifting to Ravenger
    Kiss Me Goodbye gifting to birrhan
    Pureval gifting to Happendy
    Rileyper gifting to Kirindal
    zerzhul gifting to squire_Pug: Z's gift didn't ship the first time. Is trying again.
    SmallLady gifting to PayneTrayne: Slowest shipping ever evidently. Tracking

SmallLady on