As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Calling all gaymers looking for nightlife outings.

xaldin87xaldin87 GaymerSaTxRegistered User regular
Any gaymers from in or out of town looking to go to the bars or clubs friday or saturday night?

The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.

• Options
    elizaseaelizasea Registered User new member
    I'm in town, and me and my wife would be down, as long as our guests will be down too!

• Options
    kyan22kyan22 Tucson,azRegistered User regular
    We r comming from az and I'm sure my hubby would love to as well as me

• Options
    HappendyHappendy Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Somewhat interested,
    The Diversity Lounge usually has flyers for at least one such event, but I'm not sure how liberal San Antonio is compared to Seattle ^__^"

• Options
    CyberFeyCyberFey Registered User regular
    Will the diversity lounge be present at South? =)

San Antonio is better than Oklahoma City, I think, but I'm not sure that's saying much.

• Options
    bystanderbearbystanderbear Austin, TXRegistered User new member
    My understanding is that San Antonio is kinda in the middle of the liberal/conservative spectrum and has a still-forming community, but is relatively a friendly place overall. I'm sure there will be some nightlife around, I just don't know where it will be relative to the con :/

• Options
    xaldin87xaldin87 Gaymer SaTxRegistered User regular
    SA is pretty mixed. But we have a whole strip of bars on the edge of downtown. The Heat is 18+ all the time, Sparkys and The Peg are 21+, Sparkys is the nicer of the bars. I would suggest the Bonham but cover is insane and its not really an LGBTQ bar anymore.

The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.

• Options
    enriqueOCTXenriqueOCTX Registered User new member
    Probably Friday night. What is the diversity lounge?

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I would love to do this one night! Not sure which is best at this point, only that I can't do Thursday because of the bar crawl. Maybe Friday? Lower cover price is better obviously, but then I really don't mind dives.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    xaldin87xaldin87 Gaymer SaTxRegistered User regular
    Heat has no cover on fridays for 21+ with a this text that is really easy to get. Sparkys has no cover but it is 21+ only. I will be at the GoT pub crawl thursday so for those going to that we can talk more about it there

• Options
    MinaithelanMinaithelan Registered User new member
    Hello! first time in san antonio and I'd like to go out, especially if it is a gaymer night.
    I'll arrive thursday, but im still looking for a place to stay xD

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    What is the diversity lounge?

It's an area set up somewhere in the convention center dedicated to LGBTQ stuff in gaming. At Prime there was a gender-neutral restroom nearby, I really hope they do that again.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    Razz08Razz08 Registered User new member
    I agree also! North St Mary's street has a bunch of bars that usually have like 3 dollar cover or free!!! Saturday night lets hang and grabs some beers!!! Let me knowwww I'm off Sunday haha

• Options
    BanannerBananner Registered User regular
    GIMME info bout 'dem gay bars!!! Sounds like Diversity Lounge is it?!

• Options
    enriqueOCTXenriqueOCTX Registered User new member
    Cool, Ceres - thanks for the info, will keep an eye out for it!
    I can only do Fri night, only have ticket for Friday-little worried tho still waiting on my "badge"

• Options
    KayleighmaticKayleighmatic Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    I just moved to SA over Halloween weekend. I've been to all the main "gay bars" in town and they're ok. Lot's of single gay guys, lesbian couples, and straight folks. So far every girl I've managed to try and talk to has been either straight, or in a relationship.

That being said, they're all pretty nice. I tend to start off at Sparky's and then wander over to Pegasus.

Oh, if you are into clubby kinda stuff, Thursdays is "ThurzGayz @ Brass Monkey

Kayleighmatic on
  • Options
    JT0418JT0418 san antonio, texasRegistered User regular
    Thursdays at brass is nice. Great music, well drinks are 75 cents and 2$ fireball.
    Phantom room is also off St. Mary's street. They have two different rooms. One catering to hip hop and the other more electronic, also another cheap place to drink.

• Options
    Delacroix01Delacroix01 Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    This sounds like a lot of fun! There are a few gay bars here as mentioned above and San Antonio is a pretty friendly place! I would love to attend an event like this! I will also beat Thursday's bar crawl if anyone wants to chat!

Delacroix01 on
  • Options
    KayleighmaticKayleighmatic Registered User regular
    JT0418 wrote: »
    Thursdays at brass is nice. Great music, well drinks are 75 cents and 2$ fireball.
    Phantom room is also off St. Mary's street. They have two different rooms. One catering to hip hop and the other more electronic, also another cheap place to drink.

Yeah, I stopped by Phantom Room last night. It was dead at 10:30, but picked up around midnight.
    It wasn't bad. Apparently another good spot is Slackers next to North Star Mall on 410.
    It's a Sports bar with a retro arcade upstairs and lots of other games.
    It's not explicitly gay, but I ran into over a dozen lesbians Tuesday.

Also, yes, I am tooootally down for whatever anyone decides to do.

• Options
    KoopaTroopahKoopaTroopah Registered User regular
    Hey everyone! I attended PAX South last year and did bar crawls with friends on Thurs, Friday, Saturday nights. Is there a certain meeting place we all want to get together at? Also does anyone have twitter (if so post names so I can add). If anyone knows or went to any of the PAX showcases knows that cell reception will be total garbage so be prepared and keep in touch with friends often!

• Options
    xLira03xLira03 Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    How has the past meet ups been? Last year I got into Motiga's party. We got passes from someone who worked with them. It was so much fun! I made friends and my friend won raffles for computer accessories. Sadly, they aren't going this year. I'm kinda looking into getting into that sort of thing but I don't know how lol.

I'd love to try bar crawls or just checking out San Antonio's nightlife as an alternative! My twitter is @daRKLira. Although, man, even getting on twitter was so bad last year. At least it was on the expo hall.

xLira03 on
  • Options
    AlwaysSleepyAlwaysSleepy Registered User new member
    yo i'm down

• Options
    Delacroix01Delacroix01 Registered User regular
    I'd like to be involved in this when it happen! @Erick_ulises

• Options
    AlwaysSleepyAlwaysSleepy Registered User new member
    oh and my twitter handle is @LOOKitZjLe

• Options
    provideprovide Michigan, USRegistered User regular