As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV:ARR] Old thread from last year....

1939495969799»

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
  • Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    GreyWolfy wrote: »
    Esh wrote: »
    Skeith wrote: »
    Ooooo, Setzer equipment.

Also, when do the Caspers do their runs? I always seem to miss them.

Saturday Evenings usually I believe

Time zone?

Not sure really it varies a bit but around 6pm PST most of the time I think?

Basically it's whenever we can get enough people on to help get people through things

Good deal, I've been wondering about this as I need a T9 kill in a bad way.

I highly recommend learning T9 over being carried. Besides an actual feeling of accomplishment, it helps you train for FCoB. If you can't manage to learn T9 without a carry, you're certainly not gonna clear FCoB.

I dunno, I think T10-12 are easier than T9 tbh. Plus, T13 isn't exactly "harder" mechanic wise compared to T9, just more of a gear check. Really, you could probably step into third coil w/o any second coil experience and learn just as fast as any other normal group imo.

People who have never experienced 2nd (or 1st coil) pre nerfs are gonna be in for a rude surprise stepping into FCoB. It's best to get conditioned first.

I personally don't think FCoB is that bad, but then again I've had raid experience over multiple MMOs ever since EQ, which is why I always encourage practice, practice, practice.

I'm stepping into 13 tomorrow for the first time for a five hour session. Hopefully we clear it.

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Esh wrote: »
    Riokenn wrote: »
    Ugh, I've been slacking in the Raids department. Usually I just do my dailies and log off but seeing the game progress so quickly I really wanna push to clear Second Coil and Shiva EX before the patch.

And maybe final coil....

2nd Coil doable if you get into one of Aisk's learning groups. You're not clearing FCoB that fast though. Maybe a turn or two of it.

Just read up on the fight and join a group that has it on farm.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    I have not seen content come out this fast since Rift.

That is what I have heard as well. Having only played Rift for the better part of one day before writing it off completely I'm curious as to the volume of content that was reportedly released for it. My buddy and I tried to play it but couldn't really get into it.

Rift was an incredibly competent game in nearly every aspect.

They just couldn't nail down a not-horrible armor design for player characters.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Yeah, I was a progression raider in WoW during WotLK. I did Ulduar.
    I learn fights pretty quickly. I just get really agitated when people repeatedly do not, which is part of why I'm not in a static. It was bad for my blood pressure and turned me into an asshole.
    I hate feeling like I'm being carried. When I spent 2-3 weeks pugging Titan EX unsuccessfully, usually being the only person not getting hit by mechanics, I finally got a full FC group to get me my clear and missed a landslide at like 60% and spent the rest of the time on the floor. I was pissed. I probably didn't properly thank the people who were involved in that (sorry!) cause I just logged off a few minutes afterwards.
    If I get in a learning party, I want it to be one where people actually learn.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular

That is what I have heard as well. Having only played Rift for the better part of one day before writing it off completely I'm curious as to the volume of content that was reportedly released for it. My buddy and I tried to play it but couldn't really get into it.

Meh, felt too much like WoW for me and my friend. We literally got to the first big city and just kind of asked each other if the other was having fun. Neither of us were so we bailed. I'm sure it's a fun game but nothing about it really hooked either me or my friend.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular

Meh, felt too much like WoW for me and my friend. We literally got to the first big city and just kind of asked each other if the other was having fun. Neither of us were so we bailed. I'm sure it's a fun game but nothing about it really hooked either me or my friend.

in Rift i loved the first zone and did absolutely everything in it and hung out for rifts a lot. as soon as i moved to the second zone I just couldn't care.

This discussion has been closed.