As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] Winter is Over.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    Now it's time to install all the games.

Wait, what?

To what end?

I am suspicious about your end goal here, good sir. Surely... surely you do not suggest that you will pl -- no. No, that can't be it. That would be madness. Just what are you up to‽

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    TreadLifeTreadLife CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Hope everybody has been enjoying their holidays, and will have a great new year.

My thanks to @LoveIsUnity for the solstice scaring gift of Five Nights at Freddy's 2!
    @akajaybay got me by surprise with The Wolf Among Us, thanks a lot! Very likely to be one of my top games, too.
    Class appreciation to @Kelor for his unexpected giveaway of Double Dragon: Neon. It's been a long time since I've played the old Nintendo ones!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Madican wrote: »
    At least, you can't romance the horses. Right?

That bit of DLC was...poorly received.

"Select your ****, and then, select your horse."

duf8vg1j3w5c.jpg

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    Greetings from the future Steam Thread!
    It's already 2015 here. No flying cars yet, no hoverboards, no new Jaws movies... but at least they did get one thing right.
    hsv2u4H.jpg

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
  • Options
    Looking over my Licenses and Subscriptions page.

This may be the biggest carnage for any sale for me since my first Christmas sale, if you include the auction.

I think I'm going to have to institute a "no gifting or buying until I beat games" policy for this year. It's gotten a little out of hand.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    So this just happened.
    4lsa8r9cwq8i.jpg

Geth roll 1d27 for this old man's target

this old man's target:
    1d27 12 [1d27=12]

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Happy New Year everybody.

Last night I got my ass kicked playing Bleed again. I really am terrible at this game.

I was so close to rage quitting on the Army Level. Now I'm up to the Dragon Level and i dread what it's going to throw at me. :bigfrown:

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    HeirTransparentHeirTransparent ... Registered User regular
    I have the following holiday cards up for grabs, no strings attached. If we're friends, just send me a trade request for a card or two and I'll accept. If we're not friends, maybe we oughta be?

Blase
    Clementine (Foil)
    Clementine x3
    Itsy
    Monte x2
    Rhombus x2
    Sage x6
    Sliver x2
    Sparkles x3
    Tender
    Zippy

Happy New Year everyone!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    This continues to make me giggle a bit every single day.

wings4.jpg

wings1.jpg

wings3.jpg

wings2.jpg

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Huh. Older editions of Football Manager have been removed from Steam.

Looking around, seems this is an annual thing - when each new year starts, they remove the previous version.

Kinda sucks you can't buy older editions for cheap.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »

Looking around, seems this is an annual thing - when each new year starts, they remove the previous version.

They're Sega-published, right?

Just like AVP and A:CM.

This cannot be a coincidence.

• Options
    Jazz wrote: »

Well, they DID remove 2013 at the start of 2014, too.

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Artereis wrote: »
    Snapped up Dungeon since Endless Legend has been so fun, and I think I'm good for this sale.

Got both of those and Dragonfall for myself and sent Trails in the Sky and Hatoful Boyfriend as gifts. Got the Double Fine pack as a thank you. Not a bad little sale, all told.

Dungeon of the Endless is the best game I found in the Steam sale by far.

It is a fantastic little game.
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    Seriously, there is no excuse now to not own FF8, objectively the best final fantasy ever.

Fact.
    I mean, it does have that mini game about saving the world or something..but fuck dot dat theres triple triad to play

I never liked Triple Triad.
    I wasn't so hot on that saving the world minigame either. :wink:

We've already established that you are a souless husk.

Also best FF soundtrack. Just sayin'.

• Options

The buggers.

Of course, it could be all licensing issues with teams & players, too.

• Options
    I'm now posting from THE FUTURE. Happy New Year, Steam thread!

And this is for you for whom it's still 2014:

mmhb6vk3cvyg.jpg

<3 you guys.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular

The buggers.

Of course, it could be all licensing issues with teams & players, too.

Or...they're just eliminating the previous edition since it could cannibalise sales for the newer one. One of the concrete drawbacks to digital distribution.

• Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    So for my birthday this year my wife got me a $50.00 steam card. I've got $15.00 left but nothing from the remaining games really jump out at me. I'm eyeballing Dark Souls 2, Rome 2, Company of Heroes 2, Lichdom and Blackguards. Unfortunately, other than Dark Souls 2, I've heard mixed things about all of those things.

Decisions are hard. Are there going to be any new deals between now and the 2nd? or is this the end?

• Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    So for my birthday this year my wife got me a $50.00 steam card. I've got $15.00 left but nothing from the remaining games really jump out at me. I'm eyeballing Dark Souls 2, Rome 2, Company of Heroes 2, Lichdom and Blackguards. Unfortunately, other than Dark Souls 2, I've heard mixed things about all of those things.

Decisions are hard. Are there going to be any new deals between now and the 2nd? or is this the end?

Given that they don't have any of the twelve hour sales up, I'm pretty sure that this is it.

In other news, buy Dark Souls 2 because it's fucking awesome.

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    @Descendant X proves that friend requests are often a trap. Thanks <3

And Happy New Year/Gelukkig Nieuwjaar everyone!

duvmbt8pdl3v.png

1.png 248.3K
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Kelor wrote: »
    Snapped up Dungeon since Endless Legend has been so fun, and I think I'm good for this sale.

Got both of those and Dragonfall for myself and sent Trails in the Sky and Hatoful Boyfriend as gifts. Got the Double Fine pack as a thank you. Not a bad little sale, all told.

Seriously, there is no excuse now to not own FF8, objectively the best final fantasy ever.

Fact.
    I mean, it does have that mini game about saving the world or something..but fuck dot dat theres triple triad to play

Yeah Shuffle or Boogie was the best. Everything else can fall in a ditch.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Well, got YNAB set up for the meager income I've got coming in. But it still adds up, even with setting aside a chunk a month for an emergency.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options

Given that they don't have any of the twelve hour sales up, I'm pretty sure that this is it.

Don't buy Dark Souls 2, because they're pulling a complete shit move and releasing an updated version next year that you have to pay for again if you want it.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Free to good home:

Clementine
    Monte
    Rhombus
    Sliver

Send trade request for whatever you need and I'll accept first come, first served. :)

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    I'm now posting from THE FUTURE. Happy New Year, Steam thread!

And this is for you for whom it's still 2014:

snip

<3 you guys.

Oh, you're just getting to the future now?

I've been riding my hoverboard for almost half a day now.

• Options
    OK what's up with Blackguards then? I remember seeing a lot of people talk about it in thread a few months back but on steam the reviews are rather mixed.

• Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular

Don't buy Dark Souls 2, because they're pulling a complete shit move and releasing an updated version next year that you have to pay for again if you want it.

Point taken, but at least you can play it at a fairly cheap price now before you decide to buy what will effectively by a GOTY version at full price in May or whenever.

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    Madican wrote: »

Fact.

Yeah Shuffle or Boogie was the best. Everything else can fall in a ditch.

There is a lot of fantastic music in the game.

Some people might not like the game but the soundtrack is first rate.

• Options

Point taken, but at least you can play it at a fairly cheap price now before you decide to buy what will effectively by a GOTY version at full price in May or whenever.

I don't mind waiting, I waited this long. I haven't really been feeling action games lately and so didn't want to put my money there because I probably won't play it for a few months or more.

• Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Guess I'll be shoveling off now! Thanks Harvey, who I'm still not sure who that is here does anyone know?

TmnObhw.png

• Options
    OK what's up with Blackguards then? I remember seeing a lot of people talk about it in thread a few months back but on steam the reviews are rather mixed.

I thought it was a fantastic game, but:
    - I am a big fan of turn-based RPGs
    - I am a big fan of the Dark Eye game setting
    - I am a big fan of the Dark Eye game mechanics

If these three things do not appeal to you, you may not like it as much. If The Dark Eye system is foreign to you, there's a learning curve (it's not the most intuitive game system ever). Also, the game is rather hard sometimes. Very hard. It also lacks things like cinematic cutscenes, which put off some people.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    signature.png

Congratulations to @Arithon32 !

• Options
    QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    Happy new year steam thread! May 2015 be classy to you all.

NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    signature.png

Congratulations to @Arithon32 !

I hate you @Arithon32!.. err I mean congratulations @Arithon32!

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    oWTNO2H.jpg
    Grats @Svevin‌ !
    signature.png
    Grats @slappybag‌ !
    signature.png
    Grats @Vegan‌ !
    signature.png
    Grats again @slappybag‌ !
    signature.png
    Grats @Gear Girl‌ !
    signature.png
    Grats @MrButtons‌ !
    signature.png
    Grats @Taramoor‌ !
    signature.png
    Grats @Talus9952‌ !
    signature.png
    Grats again @Gear Girl‌ !
    signature.png
    Grats @DaringDirk‌ !
    signature.png
    Grats again @Vegan‌ !
    signature.png

Zavian on
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2015

The best FF game is Final Fantasy IX, Followed by VI and IV. Anything after that is kind of a jumble, excluding the fact that II and VIII are dead last on my personal list. Also Memories of Life is best song and makes me cry every time I hear it.

Also, I'm ok with being a souless husk. :wink:

Kalnaur on
    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    5h3dzx09k1h5.jpg

@HyphyKezzy‌ sent me a thing! I had not heard of this thing. But it has a delightfully clever name of which I approve greatly, and it had this in the blurb on the store page: "At one point you might be dribbling inside the intestines of a purple blob creature . . ."

SIGN ME UP!

Thanks! <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    Drake wrote: »
    Yay! Community vote comes through! Gettysburg get! Yeah, yeah KR0 is fucking amazing in every way a narrative adventure game can be fucking amazing. This is a known quantity and if you don't have it then shame! Shame on you!

I'm just super happy that musty old wargaming is finding a place on Steam finally. And the return of simulations has been amazing too. I bought TWO flight sims on sale! TWO! Both of them civil aviation sims too. Maybe the prices haven't been the stunning deals of the past (I suspect we just tend to own most of the games) but the games that I have bought are a lot more exciting to me than they have been the past couple of sales. Stuff like Command, X Plane, MS FS X Steam Edition, Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm.

Speaking of wargaming, Graviteam Tactics: Operation Star is on a super deep discount. This includes most of the DLC for the game. It's a really strong mix of turn based operational level strategy and real time tactical warfare with deeply simulated ballistics, morale, support systems and all of that crunchy goodness you expect from proper wargaming.

Hegemony Gold: Wars of Ancient Greece is on deep discount too. I played a lot of the original version Hegemony: Philip of Macedon and it was pretty excellent. It truly captures the flavor of Greek skirmish warfare and raiding. One of its most stunning features is the smoothly zooming map of the ancient Greek world. Pull all the way back and you have a cloth map with units represented as board game pieces. Zoom in and you get an accurate topographic map with nicely animate units. Great historical detail and accuracy polishes this game up nicely.

Unity of Command is another going for pocket change. Ever wanted to dip your toe into wargaming but are intimidated by the scale, density or subject matter? This is a fantastic place to start. This is an elegant and finely presented operational level wargame. You'll experience all of the rich decision making that makes the genre so compelling but in a nicely streamlined and accessible format.

Someone gag drake while I still have money for food.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HeirTransparentHeirTransparent ... Registered User regular
    Many thanks to @HyphyKezzy‌ for BasketBelle!

Es5DehR.png

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    striderjg wrote: »
    Drake wrote: »
    Yay! Community vote comes through! Gettysburg get! Yeah, yeah KR0 is fucking amazing in every way a narrative adventure game can be fucking amazing. This is a known quantity and if you don't have it then shame! Shame on you!

I'm just super happy that musty old wargaming is finding a place on Steam finally. And the return of simulations has been amazing too. I bought TWO flight sims on sale! TWO! Both of them civil aviation sims too. Maybe the prices haven't been the stunning deals of the past (I suspect we just tend to own most of the games) but the games that I have bought are a lot more exciting to me than they have been the past couple of sales. Stuff like Command, X Plane, MS FS X Steam Edition, Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm.

Speaking of wargaming, Graviteam Tactics: Operation Star is on a super deep discount. This includes most of the DLC for the game. It's a really strong mix of turn based operational level strategy and real time tactical warfare with deeply simulated ballistics, morale, support systems and all of that crunchy goodness you expect from proper wargaming.

Hegemony Gold: Wars of Ancient Greece is on deep discount too. I played a lot of the original version Hegemony: Philip of Macedon and it was pretty excellent. It truly captures the flavor of Greek skirmish warfare and raiding. One of its most stunning features is the smoothly zooming map of the ancient Greek world. Pull all the way back and you have a cloth map with units represented as board game pieces. Zoom in and you get an accurate topographic map with nicely animate units. Great historical detail and accuracy polishes this game up nicely.

Unity of Command is another going for pocket change. Ever wanted to dip your toe into wargaming but are intimidated by the scale, density or subject matter? This is a fantastic place to start. This is an elegant and finely presented operational level wargame. You'll experience all of the rich decision making that makes the genre so compelling but in a nicely streamlined and accessible format.

Someone gag drake while I still have money for food.

If Drake can make you starve . . . You Need a Budget.
    Only 14.99! Act now!

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
This discussion has been closed.