As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

TALKIN' BOUT A [RESOLUTION]

2»

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Same as every year. Try to be less terrible, and work on improving my not-terribleness. Also I really need a fucking job, this is ridiculous.

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    I resolve to make it to PAX Prime this year, and conversely, to be smarter with money and keep a budget (with the assistance of YNAB that I grabbed in the Steam sale)

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    while I don't do resolutions it would be nice to meet someone, but that also sounds like a lot of work so I'd probably flake

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I want to volunteer somewhere next year.

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Hmmn. Managed to keep mine a few years in a row now.

Might as well try going big, see if the momentum will keep me.

Going to write something and get it published this year. Been trying to write for a while anyway. Might as well try to make some pocket change off it.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Learn French

Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Learn French

Why French? Dunno
    I just downloaded Duolingo and picked that one

• SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Atheraal wrote: »
    1200x800

what can i say, it's an old laptop

Just come in here and steal my joke, why don't ya

sig.gif
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Well, you know

• jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    I resolve never to drink moscato mixed with vodka again.

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I'm working overnight tonight and my parents just dropped by and brought me a cheese/crackers/meat plate and a tiny croc pot with barbeque mini weenies in it so things could be worse

• stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    Get better at my job.

• monsterrormonsterror HEY ASSBUTT Registered User regular
    Got myself a couple of blank journals, a comp book, and a box of the best pens ever.

Gonna get myself to get back into the habit of writing. Trying to start off with at least a couple of entries a week. Also going to try to do some creative writing on the weekends.
    It'll all be terrible at first, but I'm just going to have to force myself back into it.

• UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »

That sounds terrible

Uh resolutions, ok

I'd like to bench 150x5, drink better bourbon, sleep more, and be less hesitant to tell people to fuck off

Also, y'know, smash the patriarchy, like ya do

P.S. If "smash the patriarchy" isn't on everyone's list I'm going to be very disappointed in you

The patriarchy? B-b-b-but that's me!

• jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Usagi wrote: »
    jgeis wrote: »

That sounds terrible

I mentioned how terrible it would be in an off-hand comment, and suddenly that very drink appeared in said hand. It is terrible.

• nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    I set a number of goals but no hard set resolutions. I fear that only failure for me lies in that route.

A number of easy goals that I am okay with failing is fine enough for me.

Like eating more fruit! Organizing! Those are easy and I know myself enough that even if I try that's fine too.

DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
    The patriarchy? B-b-b-but that's me!

I promise, this'll only hurt for a minute. Unless you ask nicely, then I could maybe make it last for five.

• ReginaldReginald When I am Pres., I will create the Department of ______Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    I am happy with where I am at the moment. In the new year, I would like to hang out with my family more and create connections with my Mom and Dad. As I get older (36, yeah time flies), I realize how much they are my biggest supporters, and how they are willing to try to understand me more than anyone else in this world. It's both beautiful and heartbreaking, because we are all coming to terms with this at the same time. I also want to find a beautiful rperson who I can share this amazing world with. A stretch goal is spending 3 months traveling the world and seeing its beauty.

Reginald on
  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    I met most of my resolutions.

Got out of shitty job.
    Got in to career.
    Moved to west coast.

Even made attempts at dating when I moved out here.
    Got stood up once. Another time I found out they were already in a relationship.

Gotta run before you can walk I guess.

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    HI 2015 THREAD

MY RESOLUTION IS

FINISH THIS GIN

and get fucking paid.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    My resolution is to never carpool with this guy again

Because Jesus christ guy when your passenger is has fallen asleep in his chair several times in the last hour and is so tired that he is physically uncomfortable maybe it's time to stop playing cards

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    We don't even have drinking as an excuse

He just is a dude who won't leave till you kick him out

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • AtheraalAtheraal Registered User regular
    i resolve to continue my new tradition of deep frying leftover christmas cookies on new years, holy shit these are good

• ReginaldReginald When I am Pres., I will create the Department of ______Registered User regular
    5 10 15 20 25 30 35 40

We're getting older, and colder.

• stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    I resolve to regrow my beard which I removed early in December (I kept my stache)..

• HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    Learn French

Why French? Dunno

Because French is sexy as hell!

vEaRQgH.png
    HeadCreeps wrote: »
    Learn French

Why French? Dunno

Because French is sexy as hell!

Omelette du fromage

• HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    Ooooh, say it again Dexter!

vEaRQgH.png
  • KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    Actual resolution

Get braces

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    HeadCreeps wrote: »
    Ooooh, say it again Dexter!

Qui a coupé le fromage?

• NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    My 2014 resolution was to give up soda, which actually went really well until May when we visited the birthplace of pepsi

and still paid off because now I mostly only have sodas with lunch. No more caffeine withdrawal!

For 2015 I'm going to make a budget and try to save pretty aggressively

because main goal: upgrade to a bigger house before we have a baby

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Start bringing my lunch more. I spend 10-20 bucks a day on food in the cafeteria, I could easily cut that down by 1/2 to 2/3rds.

• nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    I bought a brand new lunch box yesterday for the same reason Javen! I just don't have any awesome sandwich makings in the fridge at the moment.

DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Learn French

Why French? Dunno

Hey I'm doing that too!

I could say it was because Canada is a bilingual country and it would be useful from a career perspective

But really it's because I want to be able to read cool French comic books