As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Christmas [phalla] Werewolf, Hermit, and Tanner victory

• ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    The hunter kill goes off when he's killed, it's not really a vig kill per se.

Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    Also, apparently Ecco's kill still went off even though he was voted out?

....That's something new to me. Unless the vote was the very last thing in the order of operations.

Ecco and I were hunters, our kill was only activated in the event of our death. So, you know, being dead making the kill not go off would make it kind of useless...

Oh, that explains it.

The Village equivalent of the Wolf Cub for us.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • TeucrianTeucrian Registered User regular
    I should have pushed a few of my wagons harder. A lot of my instincts and reads were correct but I felt like I should defer to people who played more and were more vocal. But I never really had people listening anyway, and I didn't have enough substance to push harder. Perhaps if we'd made the clearly correct choice to vote out Evilbob on day 3 we would have had a better game.

That being said, there was a point around the middle of the game that the two people I was most convinced were village were Spool and Rawkking Goodguy. (With RG, this was probably just wishful thinking. With Spool, I think because I try hard to avoid assuming that those who accuse me falsely are mafia themselves, I sometimes bend too far in the opposite direction.) When Spool died red it made me very mistrustful of myself. RG only became suspicious as he was increasingly inaccurate, which is out of character.

Playing as infrequently as I do now it's probably immaterial. Good game everyone. Perhaps I'll play another game when I next have some free time.

Oh well - thanks for running @Mikey CTS‌ - even though we might disagree on the meaning of standard/vanilla roles, it was a good effort to run something through the holidays when too many people went inactive. =/

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Hey ecco! Pat yourself on the back! You were the only villager with vig powers to even aim at a mafia, let alone take them out!

I also feel really dirty for agreeing with Drez in this game.

I'm surprised that people didn't call me out as mafia for that.

Too many of you were too borderline inactive/quiet! =P

I knew I should have pushed the votes towards inactive people harder!

The most vocal guys were villagers, as it turned out

I was active and totes mafia! Well... except for the days I had work. I was active in the beginning of the game when I was work-free.

Awooooo~

edited January 2015
    Also, our Mafia Roleblock (ObiFett's power) was one of the single most bullshit mafia powers I've ever seen.

It worked normally as a roleblock, BUT if roleblocking a Vig, would allow Vig kills on villagers to go through.

This was compounded by the village having absolutely zero defense against it outside of killing ObiFett because they had no Bus Driver.

And I was a limited Mafia Seer that could seer if someone was a Seer or not.

vagrant_winds on
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Yeah, a Mafia Seer (even a limited one), a "protects Mafia only" roleblock, and two Hunter-esque Mafia kills are awesome and totally not standard.

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Also, our Mafia Roleblock (ObiFett's power) was one of the single most bullshit mafia powers I've ever seen.

It worked normally as a roleblock, BUT if roleblocking a Vig, would allow Vig kills on villagers to go through.

This was compounded by the village having absolutely zero defense against it outside of killing ObiFett because they had no Bus Driver.

Actually our roleblock only worked if it hit a special that was targeting us. Otherwise it went off as normal.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
    If this game had normal Inactivus rules, which the amount of inheritance the village had, I think they would have had a legit chance of victory?

With the Krampus rules we did have? The village was totally and completely fucked.

• SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    SlyM post.
    Obifett, bedlam, Teucrian, Flarne, MrT

Top of my list.

let it be known.

3/5, not bad at all.

Good thing we've got a kill pointed at him atm.

Also note that I later posted that I forgot to put VW on that list.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    This game was kinda a mess for so many reasons. Inactivus, mason buddy offing himself by accident day one, the forum change messing things up, bleh.

Thanks for hosting, it must have been a nightmare to deal with all that shit.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    I did my best. The game itself wasn't unbalance, the guard blocked your roleblock so you effectively nullified each other. I knew everything would fall to shit as soon as the forum went to normal. There's just no way around it. Really, this game wasn't for any of you regulars around now. It was for the Holiday forumers who don't play often. Still I had to account for the huge drop off, hence the one day inactivus rule. But then the Holiday Hangouts lasted for less time than it did last year and it just didn't work. It ate way more players than it should have but can't just change the rules mid-game. Ah well. I hope those irregulars all had fun and the rest of you didn't suffer too terribly much.

Mikey CTS on
    // PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
    Next year someone else can do the Holiday Hangouts game. I did my part.

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    hosting errors happen
    Forums messups happen. To me. A lot. And others, but a lot to me.

You deal with them as you can.

Thanks for running, Mikey.

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    I told you all Obifett was a wolf. Also VW, you can't lie to me; I told you that you were wolfy!

But eh, village was screwed from the get-go. Well played and all, worgens.

*edit* Browsing through the mafia proboard, the conversation about people dropping out on day 4 is interesting, if only because I damn near left, too. I was very close to just letting myself get Krampus'd; though not because our benevolent host made an error (mistakes happen, it's no biggie), but because we were losing so many people to Krampus that I figured the game would die to apathy anyway.

I mean, was there ever even a village network?

Houn on
  • evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Everyone just kinda forgot about me.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    There was a tiny network at the end of me, mill, and bedlam

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
    evilbob wrote: »
    Everyone just kinda forgot about me.

/patpat

It's okay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKHzTtr_lNk

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »

I mean, was there ever even a village network?
    Kaplar seered langly day 1 and me day 2 then he died day

I took over on day 4 and seered 38thdoe and contacted Mill (since 38th was neutral I didn't contact him), then gizzy day 5

Suspected evilbob after Gizzy posted vote logs and wanted Mill to kill him. Suspected VW, Drez, and put in orders to seer obifett day 6

We might have gained some ground but there was twice as many mafia as normal. So yeah.

Thanks to @Mikey CTS for running! It was nice having a phalla over the break and we hit main numbers which hasn't really happened most of the year!

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I couldn't have done worse. So ashamed.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    Drez, just stare at your avatar for a few minutes, you'll feel better.

• Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    Teucrian wrote: »
    RG only became suspicious as he was increasingly inaccurate, which is out of character.

Yeah, I was definitely pushing it on the last day especially. We were just so close to victory and I didn't have an important role so I was hoping to sway a few villagers to my way of thinking. Even defended Obi on the hope that no one would expect a mafia to be bold enough to defend another mafia. To the village's credit they weren't really swayed, but unfortunately there was still the ecco wagon which I had nothing to do with.

• Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »

Actually our roleblock only worked if it hit a special that was targeting us. Otherwise it went off as normal.

Yeah, so if Kaplar became nethead he could have still seered villagers and would have gotten a suspicious "you've been roleblocked" text when seering mafia.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Thanks for running @Mikey CTS I had fun and I guess I talked to the right people because I made it through.
    Thanks for seering me @Bedlam
    Gizzy wrote: »
    Christmas , New Years , bday all in a row
    Happy birthday, sorry for the vote, was going to vote Obi but was asked not to.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Mikey CTS wrote: »
    I did my best. The game itself wasn't unbalance, the guard blocked your roleblock so you effectively nullified each other. I knew everything would fall to shit as soon as the forum went to normal. There's just no way around it. Really, this game wasn't for any of you regulars around now. It was for the Holiday forumers who don't play often. Still I had to account for the huge drop off, hence the one day inactivus rule. But then the Holiday Hangouts lasted for less time than it did last year and it just didn't work. It ate way more players than it should have but can't just change the rules mid-game. Ah well. I hope those irregulars all had fun and the rest of you didn't suffer too terribly much.

You did fine and the game was fun. I thought the roles were fine.

The game went the way it did because of the players. Hardly any of that is on you.

• Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    I'd just like to point out that I was completely wrong on almost every random Mafia person I accused.

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I'd just like to point out that I was completely wrong on almost every random Mafia person I accused.

hi5! I totally had you as my target the last night in case I died :P

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Thanks for seering me @Bedlam
    Was super nervous since I didn't get role names and you came up the same color as Langly. Congrats on the win :P

• JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Mikey CTS wrote: »

I had fun Mikey, dont' let any critiques get ya down!

• JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    It was a good game all around. You did a fine job @Mikey CTS‌ , a fair better job then icould have.

• GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    @Mikey CTS‌ yes thanks for hosting!!! I hope you run more games. In fact - if you ever want to cohost I'm meticulous with behind the scenes details and mechanics (but suck at narration and fluff)

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    @Mikey CTS thanks for hosting. You did a great job despite all the forum weirdness.

Everyone Else: Next time I highly suggest we vote Krampus out on Day One. That guy is a fuck and a half and not the good kind of fuck.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Mikey, thank you for hosting. I appreciate the time and effort it takes to run a game like this, especially across the holiday forum.

Thanks for the encouragement. The next one will be better and have less harsh inactivus rules.

Mikey, you are a good (wo)man, and you should be proud of what you've done.

I haven't phalla'd in years, and now I'm camping CritFail for a new one to pop up.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Thank you Mikey!

Thanks to all the other folks who joined in and haven't recently. Yay!