As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pre/Post-PAX South Board Game nights

13»

• LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    We work with the Sheraton and Westin for Prime and East game night respectively. @s3prototype‌ - it's just an idea, but you might think about approaching one of their hotels in the area and suggesting they contact the manager at the hotel in Seattle/Boston to get their impression and numbers for the night's take. It might be easier to work it from within. You could even pitch it as "Don't you want to be known as the brand that is associated with this event?".

I can send you the names of the two managers of the other game nights. Send me an email via the link in my signature if you need (I may or may not get to check my forum inbox this week).

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • jj4thjj4th Registered User regular
    That might be helpful, the Westin is actually not that far, the Sheraton is just as far as Geekdom. I'm talking with the Geekdom folks about possibly using that as a backup. We already have monthly game nights there.

• zealezeale Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    I was able to attend the Pre-PAX board game night at Boston this year and it was amazing! I got to meet Nerzhul and play some board games with him, and afterwards I spent a few hours gaming with mister Gabe (Mike) himself while he demo'd the game he's developing. Such a memorable evening. I hope to have a similar experience at the inaugural PAX South too!

dgiab0m7h15x.png

• TacticalDonutTacticalDonut Registered User new member
    This will be my first PAX and first gaming convention, and I am stuck going alone. I'd love to meet up with some people for games and chit-chat. I'm booked from 21-26th so i have time before and after for shenanigans. 27m staying at the Holiday Inn 2 miles from the centre, but willing to walk/cab somewhere for meet ups.

• jj4thjj4th Registered User regular
    I'm sorry to do this somewhat last minute, but due to other obligations I'm going to have to bow out of Pax South game night, I can't guarantee I'll be coming anymore, and don't have the free time to follow up on leads on my own. If you do need a local to talk to someone specific in person, feel free to message me, I can still try and do that, but I do work, and right now, pretty full hours.

• s3prototypes3prototype Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Hilton is communicating very much at all with me lately at all. I may have bricked walled here guys.

• LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    Hilton is communicating very much at all with me lately at all. I may have bricked walled here guys.

2 questions: what is the closest hotel to the con? and which is closer, the Sheraton or Westin?

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2015
    Grand Hyatt is attached. Hilton Placio Del Rio is right next to the con, as is a Marriott. There is a Westin that's not too far away, and I don't think there is a Sheraton as one of the official PAX hotels.

you can go here and click to see a map of the hotels once you select attendee
    http://paxsouthhotels2014.com/

zerzhul on
  • zealezeale Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    Has anyone gotten anywhere in planning this? Can we have an informal gathering if no hotel will "officially" sanction it? I don't really know what has to go into the planning of this event but I am very interested in attending, and if there is something I can do to help organize it, I'll gladly chip in some time.

dgiab0m7h15x.png

• arcades4homearcades4home Registered User regular
    I don't know if y'all heard... But there'll be a retro arcade lounge at PaxSouth.

Exhibit room
    That's be a cool place to play some table games.

GREAT NEWS! Hilton Placio Del Rio has contacted me today and we are A GO in the lobby bar area! We have seating for 25+ people will bar service. First come first serve basis but I'll setup shop around 5/5:30 @LexiconGrrl‌ @zerzhul‌, I'll start up a new forum for this!

edited January 2015