As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New Year's Eve pin drop

• Options
    Geometric CubeGeometric Cube Registered User regular
    evil santa wrote: »
    Count me in on the people that had no idea about the lanyard. Which is a shame, because I've already placed my pin order.

How long has the Club PA Lanyard been up on the store?
    Was that one of the surprise that Brian was hinting at on twitter?

Yea I think it was. I asked him on twitter if there was any other announcement for Club PA coming later on and he said that there was nothing else coming. So from what I gather, the lanyard was put up when the New Years 2015 pin went up.

• Options
    ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    I don't know whether it is because of the holiday or what, but the New Years pins are still available. This marks the lowest demanded LE pin if I'm not mistaken.

I only grabbed one myself, instead of the usual two.

Edit: Well, I just remembered the Valentines pin, but that was an oddball anyways.

Clix on
  • Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Good news for me! They just have to stay up until Monday. Quick everyone stop buying them!

• Options
    Geometric CubeGeometric Cube Registered User regular
    Imsorad wrote: »
    I don't know whether it is because of the holiday or what, but the New Years pins are still available. This marks the lowest demanded LE pin if I'm not mistaken.

Edit: Well, I just remembered the Valentines pin, but that was an oddball anyways.

Aren't the LE pins that are Tycho and Gabe focused usually slower at selling out than the ones that are of other characters? ie Carl and Hanna.

• Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular

Aren't the LE pins that are Tycho and Gabe focused usually slower at selling out than the ones that are of other characters? ie Carl and Hanna.

I think that Carl and Hanna enjoyed a signal boost from the comic, which the Valentines and New Years lack. Doesn't worry me, because I know that a lot of people don't read the site or follow Twitter for Pins. They will find out about it at a PAX, and then it makes for better trades.

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    There's also been quite a few people I haven't seen post for a bit... while this one won't be super duper rare, I hope everyone who wants it gets it.

• Options
    JoeComicsJoeComics Registered User new member
    I took the plunge. This will be my first pin. Not that I've not wanted others. The bag should be interesting.

• Options
    evil santaevil santa To infinity...and beyond!Registered User regular
    PedroAsani wrote: »

I think that Carl and Hanna enjoyed a signal boost from the comic, which the Valentines and New Years lack. Doesn't worry me, because I know that a lot of people don't read the site or follow Twitter for Pins. They will find out about it at a PAX, and then it makes for better trades.

Furthermore, I'd say that Hanna and Carl are more aesthetically pleasing and don't already have a bunch of character pins like Gabe & Tycho. Also, Automata and Daughters are projects that the community really appreciate.

Pinny Pals Profile

“I let out a battle cry. Sure, a lot of people might have mistaken it for a sudden yelp of unmanly fear, but trust me. It was a battle cry.”
  • Options
    adambargadambarg Forward the Pinglorious Basterds!Registered User regular
    So anyone can buy the lanyard? Kind of surprised that Club PA merch would be available outside of the subscription channel.

ChMDm4Y.png
  • Options
    Jake CappsJake Capps Patrick Space Force Base, FloridaRegistered User regular
    After the Carl LE pin release the NYE pin is a real step backwards. The art work is seriously not up to par or even basic color standards. And 2015 is a ludicrously large production number. It's the Valentines pin all over again.

X4hAlPn.png

My Pinny Pal's Lanyard

"Players are artists who create their own reality within the game." - Shigeru Miyamoto
  • Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Considering there's no login for the store, it makes sense for now. They could do some sort of discount code though for members or something.

• Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Jake Capps wrote: »
    After the Carl LE pin release the NYE pin is a real step backwards. The art work is seriously not up to par or even basic color standards. And 2015 is a ludicrously large production number. It's the Valentines pin all over again.

Not to even mention that next years pin will have a larger production run! (2016 pins, if my maths checks out).

• Options
    aleph0aleph0 Registered User regular

I don't have a problem with this print run. One has to strike a balance between exclusivity and growing the hobby. Too many pins that are too hard to get will discourage new people from starting their collections.

• Options
    silrnsilrn Fairfax, VARegistered User regular
    Despite any commonality of the New Year's pin right now with a large print run and a lower so-called desirability, it will still trade REALLY well at the various PAX events. I saw that quite noticeably with the Valentine's pin (and the 15th Anniversary) at the assorted PAXes. It wouldn't trade with the other hardcore traders obviously, but as far as trading for pins from the casual collectors and other attendees that didn't have a specific interest in pins, the Valentine's traded great!

And as to the reason it traded so well, its because overall there are MORE people that only trade for Tycho and Gabe pins only, and skip out on all the other specialty or third party pins.

• Options
    QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
    I really liked the valentine's day pin, and while there were times it felt like I was the only one, I'm perfectly fine with every pin NOT being a Carl or Hanna. I started just collecting G&T pins, and then I delved into madness going for a continuous complete set; it is quite refreshing to not have an anxiety attack when a LE pin is released. The 10th anniversary trifecta gave me an ulcer I think.

As to the comparison to other LE pins, not every pin can be "the best"; we all have our preferences, and while it may not be your favorite, it's still a neat pin.

• Options
    I also like pins Agree this post if you agree!

• Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular

I too like pins but i will 'Hail Hydra?' you just for spite.

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    Ayefkay wrote: »

I too like pins but i will 'Hail Hydra?' you just for spite.

spite_count++

Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
  • Options
    flasheflashe Craft Beer Aficionado US - East CoastRegistered User regular
    Qumaden wrote: »
    I really liked the valentine's day pin, and while there were times it felt like I was the only one, I'm perfectly fine with every pin NOT being a Carl or Hanna. I started just collecting G&T pins, and then I delved into madness going for a continuous complete set; it is quite refreshing to not have an anxiety attack when a LE pin is released. The 10th anniversary trifecta gave me an ulcer I think.

As to the comparison to other LE pins, not every pin can be "the best"; we all have our preferences, and while it may not be your favorite, it's still a neat pin.

As someone who just got hooked into this pin madness during this year'sPAX East and Aus. I have to say I totally agree. I'm just glad to at least get a LE pin. I missed out on the other pins as I didn't really know they existed, the LE pins that is. Nor did I think I would like "chasing" after all the pins.

• Options
    brettness37brettness37 Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular

I don't think the Valentine pin is actually a limited edition. Didn't they post and say it only came on that back because it was so big?

• Options
    flashe wrote: »

As someone who just got hooked into this pin madness during this year'sPAX East and Aus. I have to say I totally agree. I'm just glad to at least get a LE pin. I missed out on the other pins as I didn't really know they existed, the LE pins that is. Nor did I think I would like "chasing" after all the pins.

The chase is something I envy. Not enough to deliberately leave a hole in my collection, but it's certainly the one part of this that I haven't experienced firsthand, beyond the NaughtyDog release and rushing to get a body to the gallery.

• Options
    foehammerfoehammer procrastinator extraordinaire melbourneRegistered User regular
    yes the v/day pin is'n on their list as a LE

• Options
    DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    The Valentine's pin was LE, but they said they might bring back the exact same pin next year.

• Options
    Jake CappsJake Capps Patrick Space Force Base, FloridaRegistered User regular
    That doesn't make any sense.

X4hAlPn.png

My Pinny Pal's Lanyard

"Players are artists who create their own reality within the game." - Shigeru Miyamoto
  • Options
    It wasn't an LE, but they printed it as if it were one. They made 1500, and said they MAY reprint it in the future, though I highly doubt that'll happen.

• Options
    That doesn't make any sense.

No, it really doesn't.

But as best as I can understand it, when they say they printed it as if it were one, they mean it was printed once and when they sold out they wouldn't print more that year, as opposed to things like the Core Set which get reprinted when stocks are low. But they might use the same design next year, which means it isn't a proper LE.

To confuse things further, because of the size the only suitable backing card was the LE one. So it's a bit of a mess.

I would recommend to them (and I'll try and remember to tell Mike at South) that they are better off having a new design, and I'll advocate for Gabbie and Tyche because I just love them.

• Options
    ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I really wish that PA would get out in front of holiday pins though. I'd like to have the holiday pin in hand by that day, not placing an order. Holiday pins should ship at least a couple weeks before the actual day they commemorate.

• Options
    I think when they print the gender bender pins will be when I am no longerrors shooting for 100%

• Options
    I think when they print the gender bender pins will be when I am no longerrors shooting for 100%

i-7hMkQf3-1050x10000.jpg

You are just plain wrong. Gabbie and Tyche are awesome.

• Options
    evil santaevil santa To infinity...and beyond!Registered User regular
    PedroAsani wrote: »

i-7hMkQf3-1050x10000.jpg

You are just plain wrong. Gabbie and Tyche are awesome.

I'm fairly confident that while Gabbie is a person in her own right, Tyche is simply Tycho with a clip-on hair piece. That said, they would both be great pins.

Pinny Pals Profile

“I let out a battle cry. Sure, a lot of people might have mistaken it for a sudden yelp of unmanly fear, but trust me. It was a battle cry.”
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    It has absolutely zero appeal to me, I think I'm the only one, but, meh.

Edit: Based on the popularity, I predict the gender bender pins to be the Prime 2015 set.

Qumaden on
  • Options
    darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular
    My Pin came today in the mail.
    That was fast. woo

My Pin collection
    signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
    Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
  • Options
    ancienteternityancienteternity Registered User regular
    Damn, I haven't even gotten a shipping notification yet. Though I did buy the Fukubukuro bag, against my initial misgivings...

3HbAeAg.png

I'm ready for the next PAX already!
  • Options
    darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular
    Damn, I haven't even gotten a shipping notification yet. Though I did buy the Fukubukuro bag, against my initial misgivings...

This order was without the bag. I have another order with the bag and that hasn't shipped yet.

My Pin collection
    signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
    Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
  • Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Same story, got shipping confirm for a pin order without bag on friday, and the order with the bag got shipping confirm this morning

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    PAX_SkeletorPAX_Skeletor Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Just got shipping confirmation for NY pin and Fukubukuro here too.

• Options
    akl3inakl3in Registered User regular
    Got my pin in the mail... Pleasantly surprised with the look of it. The colors and design are very smooth, and it's a pretty nice sized pin. Good work PA crew!

• Options
    vidvid Hot Dog Wizard PDXRegistered User regular
    Edit: Based on the popularity, I predict the gender bender pins to be the Prime 2015 set.

Man, I hope so. Primarily because I think it'd be a cool set, but also just to bask in the sheer rage that a certain segment of The Internet would produce.

55ymlH2.png
  • Options
    miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    Got my new years pin in the mail today. Nice big pin and I think colors wise it's pretty beautiful. Very glad to have it added to my collection. Very lovely pin. Good job PA

weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • Options
    smittythepiratesmittythepirate Registered User regular
    It was a little strange to have 2 pins on the back. Guess it has to do with the size of the pin.