As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny] Onward, Guardians, to level 32 and the Dark Below! Eris lives!

1939495969799»

• MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Anyone still need the weekly heroic on PS4?

I need to do it on my Hunter and Titan still.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I got the Mythoclast AND Atheons Epilogue from VoG!!!!!! SO EXCITE

• BruanBruan Registered User regular
    Can someone give me a link explaining how crucible balances equipment and levels? I understand that they're normalized, but I don't know much else. Considering making a pvp armor set.

Playstation: Anthai (Destiny)
    WiiU: jooncole (Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate)
    3DS: 2122-5983-8919
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Bruan wrote: »
    Can someone give me a link explaining how crucible balances equipment and levels? I understand that they're normalized, but I don't know much else. Considering making a pvp armor set.

It basically removes the "Attack" spec, and only utilizes the "Impact" spec for damage calculation.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    For PVP armor it is all about perks/abilities. Defense/etc don't really matter, but a helmet that gives you buffs like holding more grenades or gives you abilities is going to benefit you.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • DarkythDarkyth WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Tonight we ran Crota's End, then Hard Mode VoG, then Crota's End, then Hard Mode VoG!

Darkyth on
    Steam: Darkith | PSN: Darkyth | Destiny | NNID: Darkith | XBL: Darkyth
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    The set up: I get on with two hours before Xur leaves. I have 12 coins. Roc strikes and a prayer are my only hope.

Hour one: failed attempt at public event. Hit a crit chest but none of the blues yield anything but motes and sadness. Finish daily heroic on 30, all blues turn into disappointment and motes.
    Hour two: @iShotwell gets on and helps me Roc strike. We kill some aliens, and in the middle we do a public event which lets me kill Urzok! We do the final quest mission, he gets Patience and Time, and I get my coin. Yes!! Plus 5 motes...

I walk away with Don't Touch Me's and No Back Up Plans', plus turned in the Quest to Xur, all 5 minutes before he left.

• BruanBruan Registered User regular
    Thanks guys

Playstation: Anthai (Destiny)
    WiiU: jooncole (Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate)
    3DS: 2122-5983-8919
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    I'm having more and more troubles getting into raids nowadays, so yeah I'd really like that were was a matchmaking of some sort where you might get lucky to get a decent group and its pretty ridicolous that there isnt at least an option for it.

Also, if you need a 6th for a raid and I'm online doing something else than Destiny, I'll most likely want to join anyway.

Sirialis on
  • BritishDavidBritishDavid Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    are we still due some sort of new year's/Christmas present? Maybe this Tuesday?

Want i would like: my pick of any exotic weapon (no necroplasm or mythoclast or any of the bounty ones, but random drop ones)

what ill get:

an exotic engram that will turn into an armor piece for a character i don't have.

BritishDavid on
    CjTxUSDXAAEzV5h.jpg
    Xbox | x Dredgen Yor x |
  • BrandobarisBrandobaris SeattleRegistered User regular
    Bruan wrote: »
    That was a brutal Vog run! dodgeblan, wassermelone, and Brandobaris took ages to get through the hard mode. We finally finished with the help of Schlagholzer. I finally got my Fatebringer!

The VoG last night was way more buggy than it normally is. It usually only takes an hour, two tops, but the detains on both the Templar and Atheon kept screwing up constantly. I also noticed that our damage was not always causing enemies to die, several Supplicants would go to zero health then pop back to full health again.

PSN: Brandobaris
    3DS: 0817-4905-9201
    XBL: Brandobaris
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    We had issues with our run too, with the minotaur and/or goblins that spawn not taking damage from the relic holder at all. But it was worth the effort cause I finally got a primary weapon that uses elemental effects. TWO OF THEM! Vex Mythoclast is great and I have yet to use the Atheons Epilogue but I know I'll like it.

• GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    Trophies are the dumbest thing ever.

A friend wanted to beat VoG normal last night to get the trophy for it so I said I would help out.

One guy killed himself on purpose the second we got in there because he thought it would be funny.
    Then the guy who wanted the trophy died because his girlfriend distracted him before we could even set up the spire

Settled down after that... Even made it through the gorgons with no sweat...

But SOMEONE died at the disappearing platform part but not even on the disappearing platforms. He died on the little ledge section that has a slight decline.

Trophies are fucking stupid
    That SOMEONE was me btw

• zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    Sorry

• HaximusHaximus Registered User regular
    So tonight's loot black hammer x2 fatebring X2 vex mythoclast. And best of all shoulder charged @Hiryu02‌ of the cliff. @Haximus‌ got his mythoclast too but no fate bringer he's a sad panda.

All I wanted was a Fatebringer. I would have gladly taken it over the Mythoclast.

On another note, I did get the Fatebringer on the last VoG we did on a different night.

Haximus.jpg
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Did they ever make Bad Juju not suck? I've had the bounty forever, but since I have Red Death and Bad Juju sucked I just never did it. Is it worth doing now? It doesn't have to be better than Red Death, just viable. That's enough for me to do the quest just to have it .

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Yes, Bad Juju is pretty awesome now.

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    On the pulse rifle topic after being given two Coiled HSS (vanguard pulse rifles) last week I finally started to give one a go and....it is amazingly not shit. 10 burst mag, crits hit hard, bursts can be fired fairly quickly for killing things without crit spots. Leveling the last version of The Conduit was painful, this is fairly pleasant.

I'm not sure they're actually good good but they're definitely useable which is a huge step up for pulse rifles. Trying to find their niche, precision is definitely important with them, they might be like a step between auto rifles / hand cannons.

Given the quality of the current Vanguard hand cannon...

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    Yes, Bad Juju is pretty awesome now.

Awesome, thank you. I'll be finishing that up then.

Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
    edited January 2015
    On the pulse rifle topic after being given two Coiled HSS (vanguard pulse rifles) last week I finally started to give one a go and....it is amazingly not shit. 10 burst mag, crits hit hard, bursts can be fired fairly quickly for killing things without crit spots. Leveling the last version of The Conduit was painful, this is fairly pleasant.

I'm not sure they're actually good good but they're definitely useable which is a huge step up for pulse rifles. Trying to find their niche, precision is definitely important with them, they might be like a step between auto rifles / hand cannons.

Given the quality of the current Vanguard hand cannon...

The Red Death has always been good. Not Seros good, or raid gear good, but it"s always been a decent primary. Been my primary forever.

e: Pulse Rifles have always, and will always, be my main weapon, because they feel so much like the BR in Halo, which was far and away my favorite weapon. So I've used them even though they are slightly under powered, but Red Death has always been decent...I've always kept up.

GnomeTank on
  • skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Red Death was stupid good before the nerf. If they hadn't nerfed it at the same time as Suros, we'd probably have seen a month of Red Death only crucibles until it got nerfed too.

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    skyknyt wrote: »
    Red Death was stupid good before the nerf. If they hadn't nerfed it at the same time as Suros, we'd probably have seen a month of Red Death only crucibles until it got nerfed too.

I thought the lowered impact + increased RoF made it almost the exact same as before?

I personally think the biggest thing bungee could do to make people use pulpulse rifles and give them a try, would to be to change up the fucking bounty during iron banner! I didn't buy a suros you assholes, quit giving me 50 AR headshot bounty every fucking day! Let me use my red death and make those suros users cry!

• DreadBertDreadBert Registered User regular
    Huh, found something pretty skippy.

Dragons Breath generates orbs while Radiance is active.

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Guyssssss.

This thread is old and go post in the new one.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Edit: Wrong thread. =S

Erevar on
    KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.