As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny] Ours is the Light that illuminates the Dark Below! Hard Mode Crota's End awaits!

GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles PaesanoRegistered User regular
edited January 2015 in Games and Technology
We called it the Traveler, and its arrival changed us forever. Great cities were built on Mars and Venus; Mercury became a garden world. Human lifespan tripled. It was a time of miracles. We stared out at the galaxy and knew that it was our Destiny to walk in the light of other stars.

But the Traveler had an enemy. A Darkness - which had hunted it for eons, across the black gulfs of space, centuries after our Golden Age began. This Darkness... found us. And that was the end of everything.

That is, until Peter Dinklage found you, Guardian!

7wqy627to2qz.jpg

Destiny: Penny Arcade G&T Saves the Universe and Everything in It is an online multiplayer action role-playing sci-fi-fantasy *deep breath* first-person shooter for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360 and the first title in a proposed 10-year, zillion-dollar franchise from Bungie and Activision. It’s MMO-like – think gear, skill trees, leveling up, and party play – with an emphasis on exploration and discovery.

The game is set in our own solar system, 700 years in the future, following a prosperous period of exploration and colonization ushered in by the arrival of the “Traveler,” a mysterious celestial body (pictured above). The Golden Age came to an abrupt end as a result of a momentous event called “the Collapse,” a calamity that wiped out human colonies everywhere, and as our story begins, humanity has retreated to the Last City on Earth, our shared home and the launching point for our journey back to the stars.

The Traveler watches over the Last City, and it is recruiting heroes from Earth to help protect our doomed planet, but the Darkness that hunts it is descending upon us. We must fight back against that Darkness, Guardians. We must suit up and set out - to the Moon and the planets beyond. We are humanity’s last hope.

Expansion I: The Dark Below

855vi19ht881.jpg

Guardians: over the past several months, we have taken the first steps in our quest to defend the Last City and reclaim the skies. We've wrestled the wasteland of Old Russia from our foes. We've taken back the surface of the Moon and slain an unchained beast in the darkness of our planet's cratered, barren neighbor. We've taken up arms against warmongering behemoths and beaten them back. We've fought timeless machines, weaving in and out of time and emerging from the toughest challenge we've faced with our arms full of loot and our hearts full of pride. But this was only the beginning.

At home, we've stabilized the war effort. We move freely through the Tower, spending our accrued wealth and devising strategies for future encounters. We revisit the scenes of our former glories. We spar with our fellow guardians and raise our flag as a clan, night after night. We rose above the competition in the Iron Banner. We proved our might to the Queen. Today, we take the next step forward. Today, we continue our journey.

In the darkest depths of the Moon, the Hive stir, summoning a threat greater than any we have seen. Crota, the Hive god and son of Oryx, is gathering his strength to emerge from the shadows and invade our homeworld. We must descend into the Hellmouth and destroy this creature. We must put a stop to the Hive's ambitions and put our own into action. Together, we must brave the Dark Below.

Join Pax Arcadia! Our clan is on both systems!

5poflkd6kg6e.png

We've assembled a Bungie.net group - and within that group, a PlayStation clan and an Xbox clan - so that PA G&Ters can play together. We're Pax Arcadia, and we're currently making our way through endgame content and crushing the Crucible in six-man fireteams on a nightly basis!

Edit (1/11/15): Unfortunately, both Pax Arcadia (the original clan) and Pax Arcadia II (the overflow clan) are full up to their 100-player caps for now on the PlayStation side; Pax Arcadia is full up to the cap on the Xbox side as well. If you're interested in joining us on either system, send a PM to @GMaster7 and @ObiFett and let us know. We'll add you to a waiting list and let you know when a spot opens up - we have periodic openings more often than you'd think. I'd still encourage everyone to join the regular Pax Arcadia group - or both groups - if possible, so that when Bungie eventually raises or removes the level cap, we can consolidate into one super-group. Plus, joining the group (which is the no-limit entity that houses the 100-limit clan) allows you to access the group's message board feature, for assembling fireteams and such.

To join:
1. Send @GMaster7 (on the PS side) or @ObiFett (on the Xbox side) - or preferably, both - a PM, letting us know that you're applying.
2. Hit up the Bungie.net group for Pax Arcadia (right here, at this link) and apply for membership. If necessary, you can then hit up the group for Pax Arcadia II (right here) and apply for membership.
3. Add yourself to the Pax Arcadia Mega-Roster that we've created to keep track of membership. Use the tabs at the bottom to select your console, and put yourself at the bottom of your tab's list. We'll bump you up to your proper alphabetical placement once you're in the group.
4. When we get your PM and see that you're on the spreadsheet, we'll accept you to the group(s). Then, you have to separately join your system's clan, if there's space - so click "Set as PlayStation Clan" in your group's banner if you're on PS3/PS4 or "Set as Xbox Clan" in Pax Arcadia's banner if you're on 360/XB1 to officially request admission to the clan. (Note: This only works after you've played the game on your system for the first time.) We'll accept you asap.
5. Friend some PAers, hop online, and take to the skies in the name of Pax Arcadia!

PA Control Tips!

If you're playing Control with PA, you're going to want to hunker down and prioritize holding the following points on the following maps:

Shores of Time: B and C
Blind Watch: B and C
Rusted Lands: A and B
Firebase Delphi: A and B
Twilight Gap: A and B

Capture and defend these points and avoid the third point on each map. Don't try to be a hero and go for that third point, even if you're up by a large margin - this will only flip the spawns and put your enemy in a more advantageous position. Of course, if you're really crushing another team, you can go for the vaunted three-cap, just to stick it to them. Alternatively, if your team is running into a meat grinder at the two better points and the third point is sitting there untouched for a prolonged period of time, you might consider taking it just to keep yourselves in the game. But Blind Watch A and Firebase Delphi C are basically off-limits, because they're that toxic.

d16n9hnpzqqq.png

Getting Started

Have questions about leveling, resources, game modes, etc.? Here's a "Getting Started" guide that should provide some answers: http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/destiny-getting-started-guide/

Unsure how to progress once you hit level 20? Check out this guide: http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/destiny-getting-started-guide/
(And by the way, when you start dismantling weapons and armor that you don't need, keep in mind that weapons give more Ascendant Energy when dismantled if they're leveled up - just leveled up experience-wise, not with any mats or glimmer invested - while armor gives two or three Ascendant Shards when dismantled no matter what.)

Keeping Track of Things

Check your reputation, marks, and progress toward the weekly cap here: http://www.destinyrep.com

Track your stats - everything you might ever want to know - here: http://www.destinytracker.com

Find Public Events with this nifty tracker: http://destinypublicevents.com

If you can't seem to find a group in the thread, you can try: http://www.destinylfg.net

The Dressing Room

Play dress-up with the Shader Previewer: http://db.destinytracker.com/character

Pimp yourself out with these codes for emblems, shaders, and grimoire cards:
Redeem here: http://www.bungie.net/en/User/coderedemption

YKA-RJG-MH9 (Grimoire: Warlock)
3DA-P4X-F6A (Grimoire: Titan)
MVD-4N3-NKH (Grimoire: Hunter)
TCN-HCD-TGY (Grimoire: Rixis)
HDX-ALM-V4K (Grimoire: Old Russia)
473-MXR-3X9 (Grimoire: Hive)
JMR-LFN-4A3 (Grimoire: Moon)
HC3-H44-DKC (Grimoire: Gjallorhorn)
69P-KRM-JJA (Grimoire: Duke MK.44)
69P-VCH-337 (Grimoire: The Tower)
69R-CKD-X7L (Grimoire: Ogre)
69R-DDD-FCP (Grimoire: Valley of the Kings, Mars)
69R-F99-AXG (Grimoire: The Fallen)
69R-VL7-J6A (Grimoire: Red Death)
69X-DJN-74V (Grimoire: The Cabal)
6A7-7NP-3X7 (Grimoire: The Devastated Coast)
6A9-DTG-YGN (Grimoire: Vex Minotaur)
7F9-767-F74 (Emblem: Sign of the Finite)
FJ9-LAM-67F (Emblem: Binding Focus)
JD7-4CM-HJG (Emblem: Illusion of Light)
JDT-NLC-JKM (Emblem: Ab Aeterno)
JNX-DMH-XLA (Emblem: Field of Light)
7CP-94V-LFP (Emblem: Lone Focus, Jagged Edge)
X4C-FGX-MX3 (Emblem: Note of Conquest)
X9F-GMA-H6D (Emblem: The Unimagined Plane)
N3L-XN6-PXF (Emblem: The Reflective Proof)
A7L-FYC-44X (Emblem: Flames of Forgotten Truth)
7MM-VPD-MHP (Shader: Double Banshee)
RXC-9XJ-4MH (Shader: Oracle 99)

And finally, as always::

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
GMaster7 on

• Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    New thread, another reason to rave about tonight's drops in VoG hard mode raid! :razz:
    seriously though, gotta do it again in a Hunter so hit me up tomorrow night if you need a person.

• BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    New People....

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    New people? where?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Dignified PauperDignified Pauper Registered User regular
    Man, I need to just finish VoG Normal at least once... That last battle... What a doozy.

PSN: DignifiedPauper
    3DSFF: 5026-4429-6577
  • GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    New people? where?

"New people" - or one of its many variants - is the mantra repeated by PA guardians on the PS side when we take a whooping against a team in the Crucible.

We don't have to say it too, too often. But when we say it, everyone says it, and everyone puts his own spin on it.

neuw peephul

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    Since nobody is in their right minds in the running crew I feel I should bring it here. These dummies wanna just use "go" for the jump in Crota. We've suggested two absolutely superior calls, that being "banana hammock" and "shimmy ya."

Shimmy ya is superior, all others inferior.

I also got the raid helmet for my lock last night, I basically look like a dark souls boss now.

• Dignified PauperDignified Pauper Registered User regular
    anyone want to crucible it up for a bit? Me and a buddy are in a party if you want to join.

PSN: DignifiedPauper
    3DSFF: 5026-4429-6577
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    I found out what happens if you peek out a little too far on the right sniper point at Crota...

http://xboxclips.com/Sirialis/5e1a9380-b9aa-475c-8917-dd112e67795e

Thanks @jefe414‌ and @Booker‌ for filling in todays Team Skittles raid! Bungies talk about an intelligent loot system noticing what drops you got before and not giving you duplicates... Bullshit.

I have gotten 2 shotguns, 2 fusion rifles, 0 snipers and 0 machineguns. (Guess which ones I want? What do I even need a non automatic shotgun for, what purpose does it serve? It's ass in PVP and PVE)

Sirialis on
  • MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Bungies talk about an intelligent loot system noticing what drops you got before and not giving you duplicates... Bullshit.

I have gotten 2 shotguns, 2 fusion rifles, 0 snipers and 0 machineguns. (Guess which ones I want? What do I even need a non automatic shotgun for, what purpose does it serve? It's ass in PVP and PVE)

I have 4 Rocket Launchers, 0 Snipers, 0 Machine Guns, 1 Fusion Rifle, 1 Shotgun.

2 Gloves, 2 Boots on my Warlock, 0 Helmets.

So, yeah, it's bullshit.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Speaking as a guy who gets upwards of 50% of his PvP kills with shotguns, Found Verdict is the gold standard for crucible.

The full auto perk is kind of pointless, but it has better range than any non-exotic shotgun and the 6-deep clip means I never get caught with my pants down by a straggler while I'm reloading.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
    edited January 2015
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    Speaking as a guy who gets upwards of 50% of his PvP kills with shotguns, Found Verdict is the gold standard for crucible.

The full auto perk is kind of pointless, but it has better range than any non-exotic shotgun and the 6-deep clip means I never get caught with my pants down by a straggler while I'm reloading.

I find Found Verdict to be better than Invective, which is why Swordbreaker (being the new raid shotgun) is so disappointing, it really feels like they toned down the usefulness of raid weapons in the DLC compared to the ones in VoG.
    (I cant comment on the Crota MG and Sniper because it never drops for me), I still use Fatebringer, Vision of Confluence and Corrective Measure, also I dont use a single new exotic, the ones I've got just arent good enough.

The Crota hard mode weapons stats dont look too good either.

Sirialis on
  • GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Thanks to the guys I raided with last night. With the VOG hard mode, I finally, finally got my first vision of confluence. The red death I got from the chest was added bonus. Only missing hawkmoon now.

We also did a Crota run and my Titan got boots of course right after I spent all my shard to upgrade his previous boots to hit 31 for that raid. Also got the ship from crota and the machine gun(already had the rocket launcher from a previous raid)

If it wasn't for the fact that it was 2h30am at that time,I would have run the other VOG hard with my hunter with you.

You guys are the best. Now I will look like a zombie for the rest of the day, but it was worth it... Finally a vision of confluence!

Guibs on
    jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
  • GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular

Yeah found verdict is my go to shotgun when in PVP. Comedian is a close second.

jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
  • EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular

I find Found Verdict to be better than Invective, which is why Swordbreaker (being the new raid shotgun) is so disappointing, it really feels like they toned down the usefulness of raid weapons in the DLC compared to the ones in VoG.
    (I cant comment on the Crota MG and Sniper because it never drops for me), I still use Fatebringer, Vision of Confluence and Corrective Measure, also I dont use a single new exotic, the ones I've got just arent good enough.

At first glance, Corrective Measure outclasses the Crota MG for me. Just a better balance of stats. Black Hammer has the impact of Ice Breaker (more?), which is definitely useful. Playdate's Revenge is probably better in PvP due to the minimal kick. And I'll give the nudge to the Crota launcher due to trading the third rocket for tracking and the hive major perk being useful outside of the raid.

I also really like the Crota fusion rifle but I don't have the foil to compare.

[PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular

Honestly, I've been pretty underwhelmed by the Song of Ir-Yut, the new lmg. Other than the bonus damage to hive, it's weaker in every sense than the Prestige VI that dropped for me minutes after I fired up the DLC. Which is unfortunate, since it's the only gun from Crota that I've upgraded all the way. It feels like a waste of shards. The only time I get any real use out of it is during the Deathsinger fight. It burns her down pretty quickly. Otherwise, I'm way better off with the gun that has 450 total rounds and grabs me 300+ on every ammo pickup.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Guibs wrote: »

Yeah found verdict is my go to shotgun when in PVP. Comedian is a close second.

I forget who recommended it, but I'm using Secret Handshake from the Vanguard. Hammer forged and shot package means that I get kills from irresponsible distances. Plus its a grenadier weapon.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • DajoranDajoran Registered User regular
    I got the '4th Horseman' exotic from a Vanguard Strike this weekend. It is now the prettiest exotic in my Vault.

It needs a buff to its range, otherwise it's the Invective with SGA genes.

• BritishDavidBritishDavid Registered User regular
    are we still due some sort of new year's/Christmas present? Maybe this Tuesday?

Want i would like: my pick of any exotic weapon (no necroplasm or mythoclast or any of the bounty ones, but random drop ones)

what ill get:

an exotic engram that will turn into an armor piece for a character i don't have.

CjTxUSDXAAEzV5h.jpg
    Xbox | x Dredgen Yor x |
  • MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    EvilMonkey wrote: »
    Black Hammer has the impact of Ice Breaker (more?), which is definitely useful. Playdate's Revenge is probably better in PvP due to the minimal kick.

Higher impact. Black Hammer and Efrideet's Spear are the top tier of impact for sniper rifles now.

However, their rate of fire is slow and in PvP it's still a two body shot kill or one headshot kill, so Playdate's Revenge is preferable because you can follow up quickly if it's a body shot or if you miss.

In Iron Banner it has the potential to be a one body shot kill given the right level differential, but even the lowest zoom scopes are unwieldy, so I wouldn't recommend it.

Definitely PvE only weapons for me.

Light of the Abyss (fusion rifle) feels like it has PvP potential. It's charge rate is pretty damn fast, I definitely need to try it out now that I have all of the perks unlocked.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • GunjamGunjam Registered User regular
    Is anyone planning CE today/tonight? I haven't finished that raid yet at all. I should be on all day on PSN.

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    The Raid shotgun is specifically good in the Omnigul strike I noticed. Tons of charging heavies to disembowel. The Raid rocket is a strong Gallerhorn replacement if you're using the Exotic slot for something else (say, Icebreaker). I'm curious how the upgrading auto rifle will turn out in its third form...

• HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Got Husk of the Pit with my level 10 Hunter. It's awesome at that level.

• BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    I like that the raid weapons match my Bad Juju's aesthetic. Can't wait to get that damn sniper!!

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    I found out what happens if you peek out a little too far on the right sniper point at Crota...

http://xboxclips.com/Sirialis/5e1a9380-b9aa-475c-8917-dd112e67795e

Thanks @jefe414‌ and @Booker‌ for filling in todays Team Skittles raid! Bungies talk about an intelligent loot system noticing what drops you got before and not giving you duplicates... Bullshit.

I think I'm channeling @Brogey‌ when it comes to drops. I received black hammer and the raid boots which we r exactly what I was hoping for! I can now hit 32 (once I get the shards) on my main since I have a maxed Inmost light and Saint-14.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    Well, I pulled the popped collar for my warlock, which means that after two raids each, both my Titan and Warlock have chest/boots/arms, which is definitely a dramatically better drop rate/distribution than what we were getting form VOG. The rocket launcher is definitely an upgrade from Hezen Vengeance, but beyond that, it does seem like the new raid weapons aren't in the same league.

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything
    edited January 2015
    Well, I pulled the popped collar for my warlock, which means that after two raids each, both my Titan and Warlock have chest/boots/arms, which is definitely a dramatically better drop rate/distribution than what we were getting form VOG. The rocket launcher is definitely an upgrade from Hezen Vengeance, but beyond that, it does seem like the new raid weapons aren't in the same league.

My hunter hasnt gotten a single armor piece from Crota's End even though he's run it 3 times, I think its just as awful as VoG's loot distribution, some people are just luckier than others, my Titan has gotten 2 pieces as the happy medium (one useable)
    while my warlock has gotten all 4 (one usable piece, rest is strength crap)

I would vastly prefer a token system for raid pieces, where you can pick the stats and perks you want, its basically minor improvements overall anyway.

Sirialis on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular

Having just got it, what are you thoughts comparing black hammer vs. Praydeths revenge? I never use praydeths ( even though I have 3) since IB is so good and I have better legendaries on top of that.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    jefe414 wrote: »

Having just got it, what are you thoughts comparing black hammer vs. Praydeths revenge? I never use praydeths ( even though I have 3) since IB is so good and I have better legendaries on top of that.

Haven't pulled a Hammer yet, but from just looking at it, it seems like the reload perk is best vs. bosses or mini-bosses. Revenge is a great sniper, just barely even moves when you shoot. I'm really liking the Efrideet's Spear I got during Iron Banner, but I don't use snipers very often unless its like Valus Tu'arc or a raid or something, so I'm probably not the best person to ask about it.

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything
  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Darkyth wrote: »
    Tonight we ran Crota's End, then Hard Mode VoG, then Crota's End, then Hard Mode VoG!

I'm sorry I bailed on the last VoG, buy my internet crapped out at it was already 2am.

JusticeforPluto on
  • KatothKatoth Registered User regular
    Hey all, Just wondering if anyone would be up for doing a alt run of Crotas end followed by a hard VoG. We need 3 people who are able and willing to eat some cheese and get some loot :hydra:

We will be trying to form up at 6 PM PT, 8 CT, 9 ET on the PS4. Please message me if you are interested, I should be online around 5:30 PT. I may not respond to messages right away, I am disposing of a christmas tree body and running other errands.

• BookerBooker Registered User regular

I have to disagree that the full-auto perk is useless. Before that perk is activated, the fire rate is the balancing weak point of Found Verdict. With full-auto, Found Verdict fires as fast as any other shotgun (bar Invective), while having high impact and range.

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular

Yeah... Found Verdict is pretty much the Suros of shotguns. :P

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    I decided to go ahead and make a true Saint-14 focused build. I had to let go of some of my favorite armor pieces but still managed to get some synergy going.

90% Int. 90% Disc.
    Suppression grenades.
    Grenadier primary and secondary.

Instead of going with a high Strength, I came to terms with the fact that I never melee more than one or two guys in succession, and the way Force Barrier works, after the initial activation I dont need to wait terribly long for the melee to be back up anyway. Plus, grenades replenish my punches any way with this build.

Did pretty decent in crucible, even used a little slide here are there to get close to folks then pop the bubble and trap them in my little safe zone. I like it.

• TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    As soon as the dark below dropped, me and 5 other guardians went seeking crota. We made it through the darkness, but got stuck on the bridge only getting 4 across. Sadly, I have not been in since, besides to search a forgotten chest, hoping for an iice breaker.

• NerfThatManNerfThatMan Registered User regular
    I'm down for Crota, PS4 corporateshill. I'll be on for a bit today.

PSN: corporateshill
  • GunjamGunjam Registered User regular
    I would like to do crota PSN: Gunjam1980

• E. HondaE. Honda Registered User regular
    Hey guys,

I am hoping to put some very rare Defender PVE playtime in this week and was wondering what build do you folks use?

Is Iron Harvest worth using? I can't find any solid info regarding the orb creation rate. I have Ruin Wings & Armamentarium for extra Heavy ammo, If that helps?

Bastion or Gift of the void?

Any advice would be most appreciated :)

PSN :- Kid_Nately
    Steam :- E. Honda
    3DS :- 3797-6812-1801
    E. Honda wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I am hoping to put some very rare Defender PVE playtime in this week and was wondering what build do you folks use?

Is Iron Harvest worth using? I can't find any solid info regarding the orb creation rate. I have Ruin Wings & Armamentarium for extra Heavy ammo, If that helps?

Bastion or Gift of the void?

Any advice would be most appreciated :)

When raiding, I go with suppression grenade to stop wizard attacks, hobgoblin shields, minotaur teleports and other stuff.

Unbreakable and Relentless for the melee, you want spending that melee cooldown to count. For groups, Blessing or Weapons of Light with Illuminated.

Gift of Light is pretty nice, Iron Harvest is a bit lackluster unless you tend to clear trash with an lmg.

• Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    Actually, talking of builds, which weapons do you use?
    I was thinking of a Mighty Smashing Shoulder Charger build, and I figured MIDA Multi Tool with +2 Agility, and a Murmur with +2 Agility might be a nice combination on a Striker Titan with max Armor and max Agility.
    Although I never use Fusion Rifles in the Crucible, maybe I could use the Stormbreaker (or what is the Crota Raid shotgun called?) because that has +2 Agility too...

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius