As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NFL]PLAYOFFS! PLAYOFFS?

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    They just didn't show up. I know they lost Green and Gresham but they didn't do shit with the ball outside of that first drive.

• ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Why did they autorune remix this Erin Andrews/Tony Romo interview?

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    I actually did sign up for the fantasy thing on the premise "wouldn't it be funny if the bengals did really well". and it probably would have! but the bengals suck, bringing my fantasy career to an end.

• AngrySquirrelAngrySquirrel Registered User regular
    Hill was doing good in the beginning, but the D was asleep so they got behind and felt they had to start throwing. Would have liked them to stick with the run longer.

Live/PSN: IronSquirrel ,, Steam: angrysquirrel
    Battle.net: IronSquirrel#1462
    I'm nervous as Hell about this game. Dallas has been so good all year, but it only takes one dumpster fire of a game for it all to go to shit and mean nothing.

Yay, playoffs!

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    FUCK YES, DETROIT!

Barry Church I fucking hate you so much

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • nateknatek unh unh Registered User regular
    Please god make these State Farm commercials stop.

Well that was a fortunate bounce. Now please get a quick stop and sine good field position to energize this offense.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    Torn on who to root for as a Packers fan.

Really don't want to play Dallas, but I hate the Lions...

Why the fuck would you go for the block there you are already getting great field position holy shit that was stupid

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    Running into the kicker is such a stupid rule.

Don't want your punter to get slammed? Fucking block better.

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    How can it be that hard to tackle Matthew Stafford?!?!

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
    Nice run by Stafford.

Cowboys struggling to make tackles right now

Cowboys struggling to make tackles right now

Yup.

This is why I didn't want to play Detroit.

Great skill position players = our defense getting completely blown up.

Detroit is basically us with a worse run game/o line and better defense. We need to get pressure on Stafford to have any chance.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    cowboys you had one job

• Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    that TD has got to sting so baaaaad.

I hope this continues

I think if there's one team that can go into Seattle and win, it's the Lions.

Then they'll go to GB and lose. ;)

Please keep making these Rob Lowe commercials.

• tuggatugga Makin' movies Makin' songsRegistered User regular
    SeñorAmor wrote: »

Yeah no. The punter after kicking usually has his leg 6 feet in the air. The burden to avoid contact is on the rushers. If you block the punt, sure tee off on the punter, but if the punter does his job you have to protect him

I almost feel sad that jkyle is banned from this thread right now.

tugga wrote: »
    but if the punter does his job you have to protect him

Correct. By blocking better.

that's terrible logic. you might as well say there should be no defenseless player fouls because the team should block better or no personal fouls because the dude should just not get hit

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Big man Witten!

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    "vintage romo"

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular

Yeah, who cares about keeping the stupid punter from getting injured, amirite?

• pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    getting rid of the punter protection rules isn't going to get special teams to block better, it's just gonna end with a lot of dead punters

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • tuggatugga Makin' movies Makin' songsRegistered User regular

Roughing the kicker has been a penalty since 1915, it was eased back recently. What happened on the last drive used to be a 15 yard penalty, automatic first down. Its always been on the rushing team to not hit the kicker, unless the punt/kick is blocked.

Can't block the punt? Don't hit the punter. This isnt the XFL.

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Fuck yo couch, Romo

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    I want no part of the Lions DL.Wilson won't make it out of the first quarter.

So far this vaunted Dallas O-Line is getting abused.

• KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    there is no legitimate reason to hit a punter

especially not at the knee like that

ph blake wrote: »
    Barry Church I fucking hate you so much

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    Langly wrote: »

that's terrible logic. you might as well say there should be no defenseless player fouls because the team should block better or no personal fouls because the dude should just not get hit

That's a horrible analogy.

For starters, there are no blockers for defenseless player fouls. Personal fouls aren't about getting hit -- they're about cheap shots.

For the record, I'm also against defenseless player fouls. If you don't want your receiver to be defenseless, lead him better. If you're gonna run an in route, you run the risk of getting drilled by a linebacker or safety.

I'm not against player safety. Hits to the helmet and hits to the knees are dirty and should be penalized. But when you lead with your shoulder and drill a receiver because the pass was high and it draws a flag? Hate it, hate it, hate it.

Goose! wrote: »

Yeah, who cares about keeping the stupid punter from getting injured, amirite?

Nope, never said anything like that. It's a goose comment from someone trying to incite something. Go away, jkyle jr.

Langly wrote: »

That's a horrible analogy.

For starters, there are no blockers for defenseless player fouls. Personal fouls aren't about getting hit -- they're about cheap shots.

For the record, I'm also against defenseless player fouls. If you don't want your receiver to be defenseless, lead him better. If you're gonna run an in route, you run the risk of getting drilled by a linebacker or safety.

I'm not against player safety. Hits to the helmet and hits to the knees are dirty and should be penalized. But when you lead with your shoulder and drill a receiver because the pass was high and it draws a flag? Hate it, hate it, hate it.

that is what happens when you hit the punter, by default

This discussion has been closed.