As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL]PLAYOFFS! PLAYOFFS?

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    tugga wrote: »
    SeñorAmor wrote: »
    but if the punter does his job you have to protect him

Correct. By blocking better.

Roughing the kicker has been a penalty since 1915, it was eased back recently. What happened on the last drive used to be a 15 yard penalty, automatic first down. Its always been on the rushing team to not hit the kicker, unless the punt/kick is blocked.

Can't block the punt? Don't hit the punter. This isnt the XFL.

Sorry if I was unclear. I'm not upset because I think this is a new thing. I just think it's a lame rule is all. The game is about protection. You protect your quarterback. You protect your running back and receivers. You protect your kickers and punters. Failing to do so is gonna cause them to get drilled. It's part of the game.

I don't believe anyone purposely tries to hit kickers or punters. I truly believe they're going for the ball every single time. But when it's close and you clip the kicker, I just don't think it should be a penalty.

• Options
    Langly wrote: »

that's terrible logic. you might as well say there should be no defenseless player fouls because the team should block better or no personal fouls because the dude should just not get hit

That's a horrible analogy.

For starters, there are no blockers for defenseless player fouls. Personal fouls aren't about getting hit -- they're about cheap shots.

For the record, I'm also against defenseless player fouls. If you don't want your receiver to be defenseless, lead him better. If you're gonna run an in route, you run the risk of getting drilled by a linebacker or safety.

I'm not against player safety. Hits to the helmet and hits to the knees are dirty and should be penalized. But when you lead with your shoulder and drill a receiver because the pass was high and it draws a flag? Hate it, hate it, hate it.

that is what happens when you hit the punter, by default

No it's not.

On the play in this game, the guy dove under the kicker's leg and the kicker landed on him.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    This argument is dumb.

• Options
    Ok, enough derailing. I don't agree with a rule and I'm the minority.

Let's not let this get personal, because my mom says I'm cooler than the rest of you and also I smell better.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    "i'm for player safety"

"the consequence of poor blocking on defenseless players should be that the player gets hurt"

• Options
    QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Don't know if you guys hear, or care, but Stuart Scott died today. My sportscenter broadcasts will never be the same. :(

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-gameday/0ap3000000453849/Rich-Eisen-remembers-Stuart-Scott

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/12118296/stuart-scott-espn-anchor-dies-age-49

QuickSnap on
    6rceun58332p.png
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular

Roughing the kicker has been a penalty since 1915, it was eased back recently. What happened on the last drive used to be a 15 yard penalty, automatic first down. Its always been on the rushing team to not hit the kicker, unless the punt/kick is blocked.

Can't block the punt? Don't hit the punter. This isnt the XFL.

Sorry if I was unclear. I'm not upset because I think this is a new thing. I just think it's a lame rule is all. The game is about protection. You protect your quarterback. You protect your running back and receivers. You protect your kickers and punters. Failing to do so is gonna cause them to get drilled. It's part of the game.

I don't believe anyone purposely tries to hit kickers or punters. I truly believe they're going for the ball every single time. But when it's close and you clip the kicker, I just don't think it should be a penalty.

fuckin lol

• Options
    "i'm for player safety"

"the consequence of poor blocking on defenseless players should be that the player gets hurt"

Actually, I said, "I'm not against player safety."

Similar but distinctly different.

• Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Well that was a shit show

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    the cowboys would have done better if this was a road game

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    That was a weird false start

• Options
    I'm surprised how loud this crowd is for as horribly as Dallas is playing.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Cowboys should give the ball to Murray

• Options
    VisskarVisskar Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    I'm surprised how loud this crowd.is

This alone is nice to see, not very typical for us.

Visskar on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    tuggatugga Makin' movies Makin' songsRegistered User regular
    Romo is really making a good case for a JJ Watt MVP

• Options
    tuggatugga Makin' movies Makin' songsRegistered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    Cowboys should give the ball to Murray

isn't he hurt? I'm only half ass paying attention

• Options
    wow

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Holy shit

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    We got a game here, boys.

• Options
    I don't know about that spot

• Options
    Joe Buck has the face for radio. He should not be on tv.

• Options
    Ughhhhhh that was so close

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Excellent recovery by the holder.

• Options
    webberwebber Registered User regular
    Bradshaw looks like a homeless Santa Claus.

This lucky penny is bullshit.
    Hearthstone - Webber #1330
    3DS: 0920-3235-4071
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Greg Hardy made 48 grand yesterday

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I thought he was indefinitely suspended

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    per espn
    Even though Hardy is on the commissioner's exempt list and awaiting a jury trial after being found guilty by a district court judge on domestic violence charges, he made an extra $48,000 for Carolina's playoff win Saturday over the Arizona Cardinals.

The $48,000 is the money that each Panthers player makes in playoff shares, and because Hardy is on the commissioner's exempt list, he is entitled to his playoff share as well.

Should Carolina win next weekend in Seattle or Green Bay, Hardy then would make another $44,000 and could make another $97,000 for winning the Super Bowl.

Hardy has been paid $11.57 million in the 15 weeks he has spent on the commissioner's exempt list.

WeedLordVegeta on
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    FUCK. YES!

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Et tu? Dan?

Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Oh Jesus Christ

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Wow, that couldn't have been a worse drive for Dallas.

• Options
    oh shit Bailey

• Options
    Dan Bailey almost never misses a field goal from that close.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    "Brandon Carr who has become a better tackler this season."

It's not hard to get better when you're starting from zero.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options

Yeah, I also loved his excellent tackling technique of grabbing the back of the jersey with one hand and wildly flailing.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    I wouldn't mind if kickers were treated more like QBs. Which is to say, hitting them in the chest is always legal.

I can understand throwing a flag for hitting them in the legs, and head shots are always illegal against someone who is essentially defenseless, but I'm not sure I feel a penalty is warranted if the guy hits him in the chest and knocks him on the ass, contact with the ball or not.

Also while I'm at it I have no idea what happened I'm not watching, just tossing in my two cents.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RubBzkZzpUA

• Options
    Tox wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind if kickers were treated more like QBs. Which is to say, hitting them in the chest is always legal.

I can understand throwing a flag for hitting them in the legs, and head shots are always illegal against someone who is essentially defenseless, but I'm not sure I feel a penalty is warranted if the guy hits him in the chest and knocks him on the ass, contact with the ball or not.

Also while I'm at it I have no idea what happened I'm not watching, just tossing in my two cents.

God DAMMIT, TOX! You'RE A LOOSE CANNON

• Options
    I hate Dez Bryant but I have to respect his ability.

• Options
    Here we go Dez shoulder pass

Fuck Joe Manchin
This discussion has been closed.