As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL]PLAYOFFS! PLAYOFFS?

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    So many chances for Dallas, and so many missed opportunities.

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    that goalline stand though

• Options
    and then murray does what murray does

• Options
    FINALLY.

Jesus, I'm not even a Dallas fan and that was depressing.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm glad I'm drinking for this game.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    there's your MVP

• Options
    simosimo Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind if kickers were treated more like QBs. Which is to say, hitting them in the chest is always legal.

I can understand throwing a flag for hitting them in the legs, and head shots are always illegal against someone who is essentially defenseless, but I'm not sure I feel a penalty is warranted if the guy hits him in the chest and knocks him on the ass, contact with the ball or not.

Also while I'm at it I have no idea what happened I'm not watching, just tossing in my two cents.

any contact to the kicker is legal if you get the ball

qbs are coddled more than kickers, there is no "running into the quarterback", it is all roughing

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    God dammit, Detroit!

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind if kickers were treated more like QBs. Which is to say, hitting them in the chest is always legal.

I can understand throwing a flag for hitting them in the legs, and head shots are always illegal against someone who is essentially defenseless, but I'm not sure I feel a penalty is warranted if the guy hits him in the chest and knocks him on the ass, contact with the ball or not.

Also while I'm at it I have no idea what happened I'm not watching, just tossing in my two cents.

You can absolutely hit a kicker, as has been seen when they try to make a tackle. You just can't hit a kicker in the process of kicking unless you do so in the process of blocking the kick (I think). Because they're defenseless. Defenseless players are always protected.

• Options
    tuggatugga Makin' movies Makin' songsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    A member of the receiving team may not run into or rough a kicker who kicks from behind his line unless contact is:

(a) Incidental to and after he had touched ball in flight.

(b) Caused by kicker’s own motions.

(c) Occurs during a quick kick, or a kick made after a run behind the line, or after kicker recovers a loose ball on the ground. Ball is loose when kicker muffs snap or snap hits ground.

(d) Defender is blocked into kicker.

If the punter drops the snap, or the punt is blocked, he is free game.

tugga on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    FLAG PARTY!

• Options
    Detroit is falling apart now!

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    How does Beasley still have a head?

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    lions why

• Options
    The Judge wrote: »
    How does Beasley still have a head?

Velcro.

• Options
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Why do QBs even have sleeves?

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    what are you doin' Romo

• Options
    Hey, Tony, you can throw the ball away dude

• Options
    SUUUUUUH!!!

• Options
    The only time I'll ever make THAT post...

• Options
    mcp wrote: »
    what are you doin' Romo

Well, a hug from Suh is better than him stepping on you.

• Options
    romo really trusts dan bailey

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    mcp wrote: »
    what are you doin' Romo

HE'S A MANIAC, MANIAC ON THE TURF

• Options
    edited January 2015
    I want Dez Bryant to score all of the points forever because he's so dreamy.

Goose! on
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Seriously. Romo needs to chuck the ball away once in a while. That's like the third sack, at least, that's due in part to him holding onto it too long.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    I was going to agree with that post because of the Cabbage comment but I don't want Dez Bryant to do anything else so I'm OUT!

• Options
    Also, I need more points from Dez, please.

There you go, Raij

• Options
    If we somehow win this game, tackling drills all week.

Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Much better.

• Options
    Carr sure is living up to that 2 billion dollar contract

• Options
    God DAMN this is a great game.

• Options
    When will defenders learn you have to get your head around to look for the ball?

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Neither of these teams seem scary

So if the Lions hold it'd be Seahawks/Lions and Packers/Panthers. Go Seahawks and Panthers.

• Options
    WHAT'S HAPPENING

Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    what

• Options
    Wait...what the fuck is going on?

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Thank you there was no contact at all there

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    tuggatugga Makin' movies Makin' songsRegistered User regular
    WHAT

• Options
    count on caldwell to be ridiculously conservative

have to go for that