As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Dragon Age Inquisition] Because Geebs' Inquisitor is getting too old for this shit

• htmhtm Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Sure looks like every other time in the series we've been in the fade.

That like rings a little hollow when we've apparently just been finding the shit parts of the fade for three games running now.

Wasn't the Fade sequence in DA2 set in Kirkwall's Templar headquarters? It was all fuzzy/dreamy and stuff, but it did reflect the local landscape.

And in DA:I, I think...
    ..the Fade sequence takes place in the personal realm of the giant Nightmare demon...

...so yeah, it's extra shitty.

• aStoryAboutYouaStoryAboutYou Registered User regular
    Vashti Adaar (my inquisitor, reaver extraordinaire, leader of the Josephine fan club, ex-merc who adopts misfits wherever she goes because now she can actually do right by them, and so much more) had a really big day yesterday. It was pretty big for all of Thedas too.

This was a very cool winding road, and there's more than a strong chance that I'll play the whole series from the start once I finally have a laptop that can run it (rather than continuing my extended use of my housemate's xbox 360), but in my gut I know that Vashti's lived version of this will always be my canon idea of how this time in the DA universe worked out.

Also:
    Cassandra Pentaghast, best friend and next divine!

oWv6S12.gif
  • QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    I'm trying to decide whether to keep doing quest cleanup or start my second play through now

I sort of don't want to finish the game until the Cole and Dorian bugs are fixed, if that's at all possible

• ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    I just finished here lies the abyss
    I let the grey wardens join the inquisition. nearly all my friends disapproved of that move. then i turned elrond or whatever into a tranquil which seemed the most fitting punishment, and everyone disapproved of that as well. I AM THE INQUISITOR

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • ShenShen Registered User regular
    Your friends are all bustas who haven't played DA:O, wardens are legit.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    You are the badquisitor

2x39jD4.jpg
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    sin-quisitor

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Bad Inquisitor: Port of Call Skyhold

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    RT800 wrote: »
    I always wish the Fade was more like
    that one conversation you have with Solas after you reach Skyhold where it seems like you're back at Haven

Wait, what?

that one conversation you have with Solas after you reach Skyhold where it seems like you're back at Haven

Wait, what?

I think soon after the winter palace there is a thing with solas
    he'll say something like "lets go talk someplace else"

and then you're back in haven and talking with solas about stuff and things and then oh man something is a little weird and solas says "hey we'll talk more when you wake up"

and the you wake up in your room and go talk to solas again, he explains he took you on a fade tour and how the fade can be a really cool place if you know where to look/how to act

2x39jD4.jpg
    i wanted to talk to blackwall about recent events but he seems to have disappeared from my game

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • ShenShen Registered User regular
    Zay wrote: »
    i wanted to talk to blackwall about recent events but he seems to have disappeared from my game

Check the rocking horse he was making, there'll be a note and then an inquisition agent will run in.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
    Kwoaru wrote: »

Wait, what?

and then you're back in haven and talking with solas about stuff and things and then oh man something is a little weird and solas says "hey we'll talk more when you wake up"

and the you wake up in your room and go talk to solas again, he explains he took you on a fade tour and how the fade can be a really cool place if you know where to look/how to act

I got that right after I got Skyhold

edited January 2015

did you go drinking with him yet?

if you have then go explore around his barn and somebody should show up

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    oh by the way

"I like big boats, I cannot lie"

BOOOOOO ISABELA, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

6F32U1X.png
    Solar wrote: »

Wait, what?

I got that right after I got Skyhold

I honestly dont remember when I got it, it felt like it was really early in the game but I spent so long in the hinterlands before and after skyhold that I really have no idea what happened when anymore

maybe i got it right then or maybe he didn't like me enough at the time I dunno

2x39jD4.jpg
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular

Wait, what?

Man what, I never had this happen. I also never got a companion quest with Solas at all

Well don't worry about not getting the companion quest

you aren't missing much

Yeah Solas didn't talk to me until What Pride Had Wrought

Then he liked me enough to care

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Your approval had to be high enough
    I went and spent about 10 minutes with him just taking every investigate option on everything until it triggered

Even talking to him as much as I could, Solas still hated everything I did

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    well maybe you shouldn't be such an awful person then

liEt3nH.png
    Shen wrote: »

Check the rocking horse he was making, there'll be a note and then an inquisition agent will run in.

no note, i left to hinterlands, came back, and he was hiding near the stables

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Solas loves me but I hate him tune in Tuesdays at 7 on cbs

PNk1Ml4.png
    some mages are mad about my judgement

I AM THE INQUISITOR. IT IS NOT YOUR PLACE TO JUDGE ME.

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    judgmenty skyhold question
    so whenever I've sat on my Throne and judged a mage, I've never had the option to make the hem tranquil

What am I missing

I mean I would never choose that but I want to make sure i could

so whenever I've sat on my Throne and judged a mage, I've never had the option to make the hem tranquil

What am I missing

It is one of the conversation related inquisition perks

2x39jD4.jpg
  • StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    Yeah, the one about magical/arcane studies and such.

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I just finished here lies the abyss
    I let the grey wardens join the inquisition. nearly all my friends disapproved of that move. then i turned elrond or whatever into a tranquil which seemed the most fitting punishment, and everyone disapproved of that as well. I AM THE INQUISITOR
    Tranquility is not a punishment. It is a last resort against demons. You basically committed a war crime which mimics what started the whole civil war in the first time.

So yeah they think you're bad.

• Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    i haven't gotten any companion quests with blackwall or solas, which is maybe an approval rating thing? i've been a dick to solas but blackwall should be fine

also you should never punish a mage by making them tranquil as it sets an incredibly dangerous precedent. tranquility is a cure, not a punitive measure

that did not stop my inquisitor, however

What am I missing

It is one of the conversation related inquisition perks

The arcane knowledge perk? That was one of the first ones I chose. And I've still never had the option of using the big "T".

• ManishtushuManishtushu Registered User regular
    I had thought that tranquility was a mage-specific option.

Is everyone playing a mage but me

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    i'm playing a slender elfboy with a huge fuckoff warhammer

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Is everyone playing a mage but me

I did my first play through
    Hullis wrote: »
    i'm playing a slender elfboy with a huge fuckoff warhammer

This is my second play through

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    whispers

~i think the whole mage/templar thing is super boring and it keeps me from playing a mage every time~

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i agree hullis the game WOULD be better without templars

liEt3nH.png
  • RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    If you want Solas to like you, just ask him questions.

Dude really likes it when you ask him questions.

Also try not to talk shit about spirits or the fade in front of him.

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Hullis wrote: »
    whispers

~i think the whole mage/templar thing is super boring and it keeps me from playing a mage every time~

they really built it up in DA2 and DAI

just, gradually getting more and more details thrown in

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    DA2 did a much better job of convincing you to care about mages and templars then this game does

also of course solas likes it when you let him fucking ramble on at you about the fade for hours

This discussion has been closed.