As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Ours is the Light that illuminates the Dark Below! Hard Mode Crota's End awaits!

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Actually, talking of builds, which weapons do you use?
    I was thinking of a Mighty Smashing Shoulder Charger build, and I figured MIDA Multi Tool with +2 Agility, and a Murmur with +2 Agility might be a nice combination on a Striker Titan with max Armor and max Agility.
    Although I never use Fusion Rifles in the Crucible, maybe I could use the Stormbreaker (or what is the Crota Raid shotgun called?) because that has +2 Agility too...
    In my experience, autorifles and shotguns are far more useful when you're sprinting around the map than scouts and fusion.

Fusions pull you out of sprint to charge, scouts are much harder for me to aim on the move than ARs.

It shouldn't be too hard to find guns with the Lightweight ability, though since it doesn't have any effect on sprinting speed it's probably not that important.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    KatothKatoth Registered User regular
    Gunjam wrote: »
    I would like to do crota PSN: Gunjam1980

Hey Gunjam, sounds good. I will be on at 5:30 PT getting ready. I am pretty sure you are already on my friends list so feel free to join in when you are ready, I will have a open party for chatting.

Cheers

• Options
    BruanBruan Registered User regular
    I was thinking of a Mighty Smashing Shoulder Charger build, and I figured MIDA Multi Tool with +2 Agility, and a Murmur with +2 Agility might be a nice combination on a Striker Titan with max Armor and max Agility.
    Although I never use Fusion Rifles in the Crucible, maybe I could use the Stormbreaker (or what is the Crota Raid shotgun called?) because that has +2 Agility too...

I think it's swordbreaker. Will you be using the Insurmountable Skullfort?

Playstation: Anthai (Destiny)
    WiiU: jooncole (Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate)
    3DS: 2122-5983-8919
  • Options
    YerMumYerMum Registered User regular
    Finally made it to rank 3 of vanguard rep today, and was rewarded with my first legendary primary weapon (scout rifle with firefly and some other useful perks, sweet!) - finally feels like this is starting to come together! Need to get raiding though, if anyone's going to be sticking their heads into the Vault this week I'd be interested in tagging along. I may even be useful!

Rugged individualist
    Destiny Profile : http://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/254/7028016
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Nothing is more satisfying than the confused look on a hunters face when he activates his super then notices his blade dance is over already, thabks to a nicely timed supression nade.

They always seem to just stand there in shock after. Makes it easy to shoot them in the head.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    I really need to remember to start recording this stuff. Charged into an enemy Titan's bubble, then proceeded to shotgun/punch him and his two friends to death in his own living room.

Triple down.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I'm level 30 again, so I'm ready to start raiding again. Psn is douglasdanger

• Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    Re: builds, I'm trying out a precision hunter build that uses chain of woe and gunslingers trance. Chain of woe is kinda pointless on my bad juju in crucible, but that stability boost oh man let me tell you.

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    BillyIdle wrote: »
    Re: builds, I'm trying out a precision hunter build that uses chain of woe and gunslingers trance. Chain of woe is kinda pointless on my bad juju in crucible, but that stability boost oh man let me tell you.

Why not change the chain of woe to the second throwing knife for Crucible?

With the solar burn perk on the knife, I find a headshot will be just shy of lethal. With any prior damage it'll be a kill (usually post mortem in my case)

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    CelianCelian Registered User regular
    @AlanF5 Hey Alan, didn't mean to boot you out without saying anything, we were in a PSN party. @Sousuke‌ disconnected and we were holding the abyss bridge opened until he could somehow zone back in. Fun fact, you can kill over a thousand hives while you wait on New Zealand's internet.

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    BillyIdle wrote: »

Why not change the chain of woe to the second throwing knife for Crucible?

With the solar burn perk on the knife, I find a headshot will be just shy of lethal. With any prior damage it'll be a kill (usually post mortem in my case)

I'll give that a shot! I actually use the throwing knife reset perk since I usually shoot then throw for that sweet precision damage headshot.

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Found the last word in the crucible! Fuck yeah!

• Options
    I wish the Regime wasn't such a boring weapon.

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    I wish the Regime wasn't such a boring weapon.
    I want to get better with Last Word or Thorn or.... anything I guess. But Suros Regime is consistently the primary I do best with.

I just got a Vanquisher with field scout, so maybe I will give that a whirl.

• Options
    On another note I simply cannot use fusion rifles effectively. Always too soon or too late on the charge. Plus, they are not conducive to instant wetwork in the bubble.

• Options
    I'm trying to effectively prioritize my to do list: I have two characters, a 31 Warlock and a 27 Titan. I can only play approximately 10 hours a week.

Goals:
    1. Get Titan to 31
    2. Level fatebringer
    3. Level Gjallerhorn
    4. Level Patience and Time

is the smartest thing to do just bounties for both characters with the new weapons equipped? Should i squeeze strikes in there so that i increase the chances for an armor drop? I suppose if I finish the Urn quest for my titan, it could push me up with legendary arms, leaving me only boots and chest to buy from the vendor.

I wish marks were transferrable.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Waitwaitwait!

You can get the "kill two enemies with a fusion rifle" bounty with Mythoclast?

This

Changes

A very minor detail about Destiny

Bahaha while typing this I found out that kill a dozen enemies in a row with it will give you +5 towards the bounty. From one of the most frustrating to one of the easiest.

• Options
    Waitwaitwait!

This

Changes

Bahaha while typing this I found out that kill a dozen enemies in a row with it will give you +5 towards the bounty. From one of the most frustrating to one of the easiest.

it's like salt in the wounds of non-mythoclast owners! haha.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    In my experience, autorifles and shotguns are far more useful when you're sprinting around the map than scouts and fusion.

Fusions pull you out of sprint to charge, scouts are much harder for me to aim on the move than ARs.

It shouldn't be too hard to find guns with the Lightweight ability, though since it doesn't have any effect on sprinting speed it's probably not that important.

I would have thought the new raid would have put the "agility doesn't affect sprint speed" myth to rest.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    ~The reason there is no matchmaking in the raids is that the most powerful weapon against the darkness is friendship. Namaste.~

• Options
    Waitwaitwait!

This

Changes

You can also do it in between 1 and 1.5 runs of the dark within on Heroic. It is very fast.

• Options
    What's so good about the mythoclast anyway? I get that it fires solar as a primary... but what else?

• Options
    Had a really nice run on the defender just now. I was experimenting with Blessing of Light. Managed to turn off a lock super, as well as chain way too many bubbles back to back.

http://xboxclips.com/Hiryu+ZeroTwo/553bdd11-ab0d-4523-8ec1-a62ea92422f2

I do have a question for other defender Titans, do you guys run Blessing or Armor? I normally run armor, so I can tank anything in the bubble, but the mobility offered by Blessing is pretty nice, though I wonder if I should run Illuminated instead of the faster cooldown on WoD. I wonder if there has been actual testing done to see the benefits of Blessing with and without Illuminated.

• Options
    Bruan wrote: »
    What's so good about the mythoclast anyway? I get that it fires solar as a primary... but what else?
    It's a primary fusion rifle. Sort of. From what I understand it sort of fires like a scout rifle. But not.

It also has 323 attack. Which is good for an old school exotic.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular

It's a >300 attack primary weapon with solar damage. That's about all the prerequisites for a great weapon.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    It fires fast accurately and hits hard.

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    It's a primary fusion rifle. Sort of. From what I understand it sort of fires like a scout rifle. But not.

It fires pretty much just like an auto rifle.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Upon some google-fu, Illuminated apparently gives Blessing of Light a 95 damage shield, up from 65. That's on par with a Relentless Force Barrier shield. Pretty good.

• Options
    MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    ...holy crap...

uN3lmm8l.jpg

I'm never gonna have another round like that.

Mojgem9l.jpg

I realize I know the map well. I also was using weapons very well suited to PVP (Shadow Price, Gjallarhorn, Found Verdict). But still...there were so many events that just played out in just such a way as to let that happen.

I'm still shaking.

steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    Pfff. Couldn't even get 25 kills? Amatuer.
    I hate you :P

[PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options

Well... Bugger.

• Options
    E. HondaE. Honda Registered User regular
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    E. Honda wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I am hoping to put some very rare Defender PVE playtime in this week and was wondering what build do you folks use?

Is Iron Harvest worth using? I can't find any solid info regarding the orb creation rate. I have Ruin Wings & Armamentarium for extra Heavy ammo, If that helps?

Bastion or Gift of the void?

Any advice would be most appreciated :)

When raiding, I go with suppression grenade to stop wizard attacks, hobgoblin shields, minotaur teleports and other stuff.

Unbreakable and Relentless for the melee, you want spending that melee cooldown to count. For groups, Blessing or Weapons of Light with Illuminated.

Gift of Light is pretty nice, Iron Harvest is a bit lackluster unless you tend to clear trash with an lmg.

Thanks for the advice.

Suppression grenades sound like fun!

PSN :- Kid_Nately
    Steam :- E. Honda
    3DS :- 3797-6812-1801
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    It took 3 days to get my Titan to 26. Almost ready to raid on him!

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

Well... Bugger.

It also has a smallish magazine and tiny reserve ammo. You will run out of ammo constantly, and it is next to useless with juggler.

Don't believe the hype.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    IDDQDIDDQD Registered User regular
    Katoth wrote: »
    Hey all, Just wondering if anyone would be up for doing a alt run of Crotas end followed by a hard VoG. We need 3 people who are able and willing to eat some cheese and get some loot :hydra:

We will be trying to form up at 6 PM PT, 8 CT, 9 ET on the PS4. Please message me if you are interested, I should be online around 5:30 PT. I may not respond to messages right away, I am disposing of a christmas tree body and running other errands.

@Katoth assuming this is for today (1/5) vs. yesterday. I'm down for sure, mark me as in!

Live: Flynnt Loch | PSN: FlynntLoch | Steam: flynnt_loch
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Well... Bugger.

It also has a smallish magazine and tiny reserve ammo. You will run out of ammo constantly, and it is next to useless with juggler.

Don't believe the hype.

Field Scout and any armor that lets you hold more Fusion Rifle ammo negate this. It's for me what everyone else loves about The Last Word: stylish as fuck. It is the best looking weapon in the game to me. The sound is satisfying, too.

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular

Well... Bugger.

Don't believe the hype.

This is true for PvE, for sure. The mag size is really limiting. But it's an animal in PvP, where such things matter less. And it disintegrates people into solar dust when you kill them, like any fusion rifle, which is awesome.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Fawst wrote: »

Well... Bugger.

Don't believe the hype.

Field Scout and any armor that lets you hold more Fusion Rifle ammo negate this. It's for me what everyone else loves about The Last Word: stylish as fuck. It is the best looking weapon in the game to me. The sound is satisfying, too.

OK I need a VoG hard mode raid tonight so I can get this thing.

EDIT: looks like I also need to run my warlock through Crota. Man I need a whole bunch of shards.

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    So since now that I have 2 characters at 31 and the 3rd only mats away, I decided to do some PVP again (it's been a while). One of the reason is because I want to buy the Vanquisher Auto-rifle from the new Monarchy vendor. The only post DLC auto-rifle that doesn't have low impact and can still get to 331 damage.

So I start playing and notice (and again, it might have been like this before but it's been a while) that you only get 3 crucible marks for a victory and 2 for a defeat (swear it used to be 5 marks for a victory and 3 for a defeat). The Vanquisher Auto-rifle require 150 marks to buy. This means that I'll need to play at the minimum 50 matches of crucible if I only get wins. More likely 75+ matches. That seems insanely high compared to the amount of vandguards marks we get from Strikes/nightly/weekly. Seems unbalance to me.

Guibs on
    jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
  • Options
    morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    Guibs wrote: »
    So since now that I have 2 characters at 31 and the 3rd only mats away, I decided to do some PVP again (it's been a while). One of the reason is because I want to buy the Vanquisher Auto-rifle from the new Monarchy vendor. The only post DLC auto-rifle that doesn't have low impact and can still get to 331 damage.

So I start playing and notice (and again, it might have been like this before but it's been a while) that you only get 3 crucible marks for a victory and 2 for a defeat (swear it used to be 5 marks for a victory and 3 for a defeat). The Vanquisher Auto-rifle require 150 marks to buy. This means that I'll need to play at the minimum 50 matches of crucible if I only get wins. More likely 75+ matches. That seems insanely high compared to the amount of vandguards marks we get from Strikes/nightly/weekly. Seems unbalance to me.

I agree with you that the crucible payout is too low, especially given that four vendors take crucible marks, but only one takes vanguard, but I believe their thinking is that it takes about the same time to do two crucible matches as it does to run a single Roc strike, and both potentially yield 6 marks. Could be wrong though, they might just be jerks.

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything