As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NFL]PLAYOFFS! PLAYOFFS?

• JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    Todd Archer asked the head official why they picked up the flag. Explanation is here:

http://i.imgur.com/NQSYU6I.jpg

It was faceguarding, which isn't a penalty in the NFL if there's no DPI which there wasn't. And any contact Hitchens made would've been offset by the illegal hands to the face which is what kept him from turning his head anyway.

All this salt wouldn't even matter if the Lions could manage to score more than 3 points in the second half, or keep playing defense like they did in the first quarter.

It was a generally poorly officiated game, but it went against the Cowboys just as much as it did the Lions, especially in the first half.

It is a penalty when you run through the receiver without looking for the ball however. Which is exactly what happened. This faceguarding strawman is hilarious.

That's not at all what happened. What the video again. Pettigrew's grasping the facemask, and Hitchens doesn't at all run through him. There's barely any contact whatsoever. There's no "faceguarding strawman." Faceguarding is what he was doing, and it would be a penalty in college football, which this is not. The official, aka the guy who picked up the flag is the one who explained to you that it was faceguarding.

• zucchinizucchini robothero pretty much amazingRegistered User regular
    You're not allowed to go on the field without a helmet on. It's a 15 yard penalty that's usually overlooked because players don't get in the ref's face when they do it.

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-0105-nfl-la-stadium-20150105-story.html#page=1
    The owner of the St. Louis Rams plans to build an NFL stadium in Inglewood, which could pave the way for the league's return to Los Angeles.

Rams owner Stan Kroenke, who bought 60 acres adjacent to the Forum a year ago, has joined forces with the owners of the 238-acre Hollywood Park site, Stockbridge Capital Group. They plan to add an 80,000-seat NFL stadium and 6,000-seat performance venue to the already-massive development of retail, office, hotel and residential space, Stockbridge and the Kroenke Group told The Times.

The announcement is the latest in more than a dozen stadium proposals that have come and gone in the meandering, two-decade effort to bring an NFL franchise back to the nation's second-largest media market. But Kroenke's move marks the first time an existing team owner has controlled a local site large enough for a stadium and parking.

Kroenke <3

• Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Fuck that, relocation is bs. Ask all the people still complaining about the sonics

• CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    It worked out for the Ravens/Browns. Cleveland insisted that they leave the cursed Browns name with the city so they could suck for all time.

Cabezone on
  • Randy ButternubbsRandy Butternubbs Registered User regular
    It was pretty impressive how everyone at my place watching this suddenly became extremely invested in the success of the Red Wings shortly after that game.

At least this one was was close instead of Drew Brees annihilating us.

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Cabezone wrote: »
    It worked out for the Ravens/Browns. Cleveland insisted that they leave the cursed Browns name with the city so they could suck for all time.

As did the football fans of Baltimore because they know what it's like having your favorite team pack up and go play somewhere else

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • mcpmcp Registered User regular
    I kinda like having the Rams in St. Louis.

Flacco rules pt 14359502395067 aka the $150 tip in Pittsburgh restaurant edition

B6ZvZvECMAAT95h.png:large

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Flacco seems like a good dude.

• SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    A good dude would have tipped in cash so the waitress didn't have to report it.

j/k. Good on you, Joe.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Bills interviewing Pat Shurmur...

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    People love Flacco for leaving a big tip but no one loves Romo for stopping to help someone change a flat tire on his way home from a game or taking a homeless dude to a movie.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-0105-nfl-la-stadium-20150105-story.html#page=1
    The owner of the St. Louis Rams plans to build an NFL stadium in Inglewood, which could pave the way for the league's return to Los Angeles.

Rams owner Stan Kroenke, who bought 60 acres adjacent to the Forum a year ago, has joined forces with the owners of the 238-acre Hollywood Park site, Stockbridge Capital Group. They plan to add an 80,000-seat NFL stadium and 6,000-seat performance venue to the already-massive development of retail, office, hotel and residential space, Stockbridge and the Kroenke Group told The Times.

The announcement is the latest in more than a dozen stadium proposals that have come and gone in the meandering, two-decade effort to bring an NFL franchise back to the nation's second-largest media market. But Kroenke's move marks the first time an existing team owner has controlled a local site large enough for a stadium and parking.

Kroenke <3

kroenke deserves no hearts

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I really appreciate Romo the person. I just wish he played anywhere else.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Yeah, Romo is a stand up dude, but he makes for a fun punching bag

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    but first we must bulldoze Inglewood

A necessary sacrifice.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Balefuego wrote: »
    People love Flacco for leaving a big tip but no one loves Romo for stopping to help someone change a flat tire on his way home from a game or taking a homeless dude to a movie.

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    That man is on fire. Someone give him a pile of money.

edited January 2015
    Ron Rivera's house caught fire. He, his family, and their pets all made it out okay.

Sweeney Tom on
  • GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Riverboat Ron has nothing else to lose now. He's gonna do fake punts and go on every fourth down now. :)
    He still has his family and dog, thank God.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    The flag the refs picked up was a false flag. #Benghazi

golden age of hot takes

• zucchinizucchini robothero pretty much amazingRegistered User regular
    Aah yes, the daily news, pinnacle of journalism

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I mean, technically they're comparing it to JFK assassination conspiracy theories which are famous for their silliness.

They go on to reference the Illuminati and spooky pyramid eyes. I am not sure it's taking itself very seriously. Haven't read the article beyond that bit though.

And the daily news is also shit.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Todd Bowles interviewing for the Jets HC job.

but, the Jets don't have a GM yet so... whatcha guys doin' there?

Chiefs Chris Ballard and Saints Ryan Pace declined interviews with them.

• captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Football thread, explain something to me. I hear about teams allowing or denying interview requests for their coaching staff this time of year. How do teams get to decide that? Why not deny all requests?

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Super excited to see the Pack try to stop Dez and Murray.

Hah.

Haha.

Where is all this blood coming from?

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    It would be nice for Bowles to get a HC gig next season. Not sure if the Jets deserve him though.

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Super excited to see the Pack try to stop Dez and Murray.

Hah.

Haha.

Where is all this blood coming from?

On the other hand, you should be thrilled to watch Barry Church attempt to cover Randall Cobb.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
    You can deny a request if they're interviewing for a lateral position.

If they're movin' on up, they can interview freely.

Well, I guess it's a little more than that:
    A team can’t block an assistant coach, including a coordinator, from interviewing for and accepting a job as a head coach. All other moves, including from assistant coach to coordinator, can be blocked.

• JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    I think they can block anything outside of a HC gig, but most teams won't block a guy if it's a move up just because it's a dick move to tell your D-Line coach he can't interview for a DC gig or whatever.

• captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    That makes more sense now.

• GyralGyral Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Well, then the Niners, once again, could possibly have screwed that up because they've refused permission to other teams who wanted to interview Fangio. Though, without a head coach and with Fangio the possible replacement, they may just be holding out for the inevitable announcement.

Gyral on
    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Also, ultimately, probably 80% of DC positions are sort of revolving door. Guys move between position coach, assistant coach, coordinator, and up to HC several times until they find the right organization and position for them, so being a jerk and denying interviews could potentially poison the well later on.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    Green Bay/Dallas will be the first time an 8-0 home team will play an 8-0 road team in the playoffs.

there's a couple interviews with the lady who wrote that gronkrotica book up today and they're pretty great

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2015/01/an-interview-with-the-author-of-the-rob-gronkowski-sex-book-a-gronking-to-remember.html

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2015/01/06/a_gronking_to_remember_an_interview_with_lacey_noonan_author_of_rob_gronkowski.html
    Noonan: I remember reading about how Kafka didn't want the "bug" on the cover of Metamorphosis. Gronk's spike impacts in a mystical, non-physical realm of Leigh's being. Although, quickly scanning my Word doc, I found that I wrote "between her butt-cheeks." So, jury's still out on that one.

Gyral wrote: »
    Well, then the Niners, once again, could possibly have screwed that up because they've refused permission to other teams who wanted to interview Fangio. Though, without a head coach and with Fangio the possible replacement, they may just be holding out for the inevitable announcement.

Jed York's getting sued now so that's probably not gonna help
    there's a couple interviews with the lady who wrote that gronkrotica book up today and they're pretty great

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2015/01/an-interview-with-the-author-of-the-rob-gronkowski-sex-book-a-gronking-to-remember.html

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2015/01/06/a_gronking_to_remember_an_interview_with_lacey_noonan_author_of_rob_gronkowski.html
    Noonan: I remember reading about how Kafka didn't want the "bug" on the cover of Metamorphosis. Gronk's spike impacts in a mystical, non-physical realm of Leigh's being. Although, quickly scanning my Word doc, I found that I wrote "between her butt-cheeks." So, jury's still out on that one.

1. I hope she wasn't kidding on the cover about that being Book One
    2. I hope she never stops the series, aside from PFTCommenter tweets I don't think I've laughed at anything this season as much as I did with the excerpts from that book

This discussion has been closed.