As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Ours is the Light that illuminates the Dark Below! Hard Mode Crota's End awaits!

• Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    If you're lucky you can get the New Monarchy version of the Vanquisher with field scout by leveling the faction.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Guibs wrote: »
    So since now that I have 2 characters at 31 and the 3rd only mats away, I decided to do some PVP again (it's been a while). One of the reason is because I want to buy the Vanquisher Auto-rifle from the new Monarchy vendor. The only post DLC auto-rifle that doesn't have low impact and can still get to 331 damage.

So I start playing and notice (and again, it might have been like this before but it's been a while) that you only get 3 crucible marks for a victory and 2 for a defeat (swear it used to be 5 marks for a victory and 3 for a defeat). The Vanquisher Auto-rifle require 150 marks to buy. This means that I'll need to play at the minimum 50 matches of crucible if I only get wins. More likely 75+ matches. That seems insanely high compared to the amount of vandguards marks we get from Strikes/nightly/weekly. Seems unbalance to me.

I agree with you that the crucible payout is too low, especially given that four vendors take crucible marks, but only one takes vanguard, but I believe their thinking is that it takes about the same time to do two crucible matches as it does to run a single Roc strike, and both potentially yield 6 marks. Could be wrong though, they might just be jerks.

I can easily run a roc strike faster than a Crucible match. They're just jerks.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    jefe414 wrote: »
    If you're lucky you can get the New Monarchy version of the Vanquisher with field scout by leveling the faction.

Mine is the old version.

I've already been given a new version, but it had the worst perks.

• Options
    GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular
    So since now that I have 2 characters at 31 and the 3rd only mats away, I decided to do some PVP again (it's been a while). One of the reason is because I want to buy the Vanquisher Auto-rifle from the new Monarchy vendor. The only post DLC auto-rifle that doesn't have low impact and can still get to 331 damage.

So I start playing and notice (and again, it might have been like this before but it's been a while) that you only get 3 crucible marks for a victory and 2 for a defeat (swear it used to be 5 marks for a victory and 3 for a defeat). The Vanquisher Auto-rifle require 150 marks to buy. This means that I'll need to play at the minimum 50 matches of crucible if I only get wins. More likely 75+ matches. That seems insanely high compared to the amount of vandguards marks we get from Strikes/nightly/weekly. Seems unbalance to me.

I agree with you that the crucible payout is too low, especially given that four vendors take crucible marks, but only one takes vanguard, but I believe their thinking is that it takes about the same time to do two crucible matches as it does to run a single Roc strike, and both potentially yield 6 marks. Could be wrong though, they might just be jerks.

You are probably right that they are doing this with that thought in mind but I can assure you that I can run some Strikes faster than a lot of my PVP matches. Some strikes are reduculously fast to do, espicially when you are a few level higher than the requirement. I think they need to adjust the reward.

jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Sunsetting on a full set of Crota titan armor makes you look like an alien supervillain.

I approve.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    Sunsetting on a full set of Crota titan armor makes you look like an alien supervillain.

I approve.

Pics or it didn't happen.

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything
  • Options
    zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    Trophies are the dumbest thing ever.

A friend wanted to beat VoG normal last night to get the trophy for it so I said I would help out.

One guy killed himself on purpose the second we got in there because he thought it would be funny.
    Then the guy who wanted the trophy died because his girlfriend distracted him before we could even set up the spire

Settled down after that... Even made it through the gorgons with no sweat...

But SOMEONE died at the disappearing platform part but not even on the disappearing platforms. He died on the little ledge section that has a slight decline.

Trophies are fucking stupid
    That SOMEONE was me btw

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular

I approve.

I'm gonna try this. No promises.
    9i4edsdlc050.png

Let's see if this works.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    zllehs wrote: »

A friend wanted to beat VoG normal last night to get the trophy for it so I said I would help out.

One guy killed himself on purpose the second we got in there because he thought it would be funny.
    Then the guy who wanted the trophy died because his girlfriend distracted him before we could even set up the spire

But SOMEONE died at the disappearing platform part but not even on the disappearing platforms. He died on the little ledge section that has a slight decline.

That SOMEONE was me btw

Hmm.. Sounds like something I do every time I run VoG with my warlock.

EVERY TIME

• Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular

I approve.

9i4edsdlc050.png

Let's see if this works.

You look like one o' dem fancy anime robbuts.

• Options
    IDDQDIDDQD Registered User regular
    Anyone up for an early morning Weekly? Hit me up PSN FlynntLoch

Live: Flynnt Loch | PSN: FlynntLoch | Steam: flynnt_loch
  • Options
    DajoranDajoran Registered User regular

I approve.

9i4edsdlc050.png

Let's see if this works.

With the resolution around the edges, you look like a Final Fantasy VIII baddie.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular

That SOMEONE was me btw

tbf, this is why you don't do those sorts of things with people that don't do trophies. :P

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Bruan wrote: »
    What's so good about the mythoclast anyway? I get that it fires solar as a primary... but what else?
    It's a primary fusion rifle. Sort of. From what I understand it sort of fires like a scout rifle. But not.

It also has 323 attack. Which is good for an old school exotic.

It fires pretty much just like an auto rifle.
    Well... Bugger.

It also has a smallish magazine and tiny reserve ammo. You will run out of ammo constantly, and it is next to useless with juggler.

Don't believe the hype.

Field Scout and any armor that lets you hold more Fusion Rifle ammo negate this. It's for me what everyone else loves about The Last Word: stylish as fuck. It is the best looking weapon in the game to me. The sound is satisfying, too.

It has extended mag, not field scout. And it really needs any stability and range increases you can give it as well.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited January 2015

That SOMEONE was me btw

tbf, this is why you don't do those sorts of things with people that don't do trophies. :P

I wouldnt mind an ingame matchmaking for people who want to do this idiotic achievement, not that the achievement is idiotic by itself (just a huge pain) but after getting killed by regenerating praetorians, being stuck inside the Mars gate itself (looked like a kaleidoscope) getting killed inside the shield bubble, getting a server side connection error inside the raid, getting randomly kicked to orbit and a variety of other bugs and server hijinks.

Maybe Bungie should fix their fucking game before making these types of achievements? The challenge isnt just you doing everything perfect here, its your entire team too, also game must not fuck you up in any way. (Good fucking luck!)

I really want this achievement as well, (last one) so its pretty annoying that even if I do everything absolutely perfect, it still depends on so many external factors as well, it really should have been "You must not die in a full raid" if anything.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Heh, all you suckers using anything other than Universal Remote in the Crucible. I think my special is Murmur but frankly I can't tell from all the dust it gathers.
    8-)
    Realtalk though I would love UR to have a little more range when ADS because it's great, but still falls a bit short sometimes and I do often consider swapping back to an AR for primary and finding a good special slot shotgun instead.

edit: was absolutely gutted to have come up short on coins last weekend, because I wanted those Mk. 44 Stand Asides so badly. Always be charging.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    Sirialis wrote: »

That SOMEONE was me btw

I want an ingame matchmaking for people who want to do this idiotic achievement, not that the achievement is idiotic by itself (just a huge pain) but after getting killed by regenerating praetorians, being stuck inside the Mars gate itself (looked like a kaleidoscope)
    getting killed inside the shield bubble, getting a server side connection error inside the raid, getting randomly kicked to orbit...

Maybe Bungie should fix their fucking game before making these types of achievements? The challenge isnt just you doing everything perfect here, its your entire team too, also game must not fuck up in any way. (Good fucking luck!)

I really want this achievement as well, so its pretty annoying that even if I do everything absolutely perfect it is by no means a sure way to get it.

Yeah, because so much of the achievement lies beyond your control it's actually a terrible achievement, imo. But most multiplayer achievements are bad like that... especially competitive multiplayer achievements.

I'd hit up a true achievement session for that one or something, idk. Reminds me that I haven't gotten it or the clan ones yet, bleh.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Is this happening to anyone else? Destiny is doing the update for the 76mb patch for like the 20th time.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Our group was always 1 PA2 person so we either never got the VoG cheevo or didnt until late nov.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

When you factor in all the marks you get for running basically required end game content (Dailies, Weeklies, Nightfalls), your Vanguard marks nearly get to the cap each week without any need for entering the Strike Playlist. Crucible rep and mark growth is stupid low. I've never gotten to 100 Crucible marks in a week, Raiding and weekly stuff makes me never have enough time. Which is mostly fine because PvE rewards are also laughably better. I think they should shore up PvP progression in a big way.

• Options
    MarikirMarikir Registered User regular

When you factor in all the marks you get for running basically required end game content (Dailies, Weeklies, Nightfalls), your Vanguard marks nearly get to the cap each week without any need for entering the Strike Playlist. Crucible rep and mark growth is stupid low. I've never gotten to 100 Crucible marks in a week, Raiding and weekly stuff makes me never have enough time. Which is mostly fine because PvE rewards are also laughably better. I think they should shore up PvP progression in a big way.

I got to the max on Crucible marks maybe once or twice...when it was Iron Banner time and I was doing nothing but that. Had to get that Class Gear, ya know.

steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • Options

IDK about that. When this was my primary game, I regularly capped out crucible marks. But then again, I have over 7 days clocked in PVP alone... so... yeah.

Occassional crucible occupants may struggle, but if you're a PVP-focused player, you should hit cap with ease.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular

I agree it is dumb, but it was always 3/2.

• Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    darleysam wrote: »
    Heh, all you suckers using anything other than Universal Remote in the Crucible. I think my special is Murmur but frankly I can't tell from all the dust it gathers.
    8-)
    Realtalk though I would love UR to have a little more range when ADS because it's great, but still falls a bit short sometimes and I do often consider swapping back to an AR for primary and finding a good special slot shotgun instead.

edit: was absolutely gutted to have come up short on coins last weekend, because I wanted those Mk. 44 Stand Asides so badly. Always be charging.

What I don't understand is why people wear raid gear into non-Iron Banner crucible. Unless you have a specific build in mind and need the stats, you might actually be less effective just by throwing on whatever highest light gear you have. I wear one raid piece for the high-Disc boost, then round out the other slots with the relevant exotic and vendor gear so I have perks and stats that work in concert.

I mean, you look really cool in your 323 Str and no Disc raid gear that gives you more super for killing mobs. In Crucible.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    The Krota chest piece for example, has a super specific raid only, things went badly perk (and the perk still stinks)

• Options
    CelianCelian Registered User regular
    The Krota chest piece for example, has a super specific raid only, things went badly perk (and the perk still stinks)

I think the perk gives a possible insight into what the hard mode will do different. I suspect a certain thing happening on a timer and not triggered, as it currently is. Thus making the perk likely essential.

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • Options
    Something tells me the Oversoul is going to be an added, mandatory mechanic in Hard Mode, which is why all the sets have an Oversoul-mitigating perk. Good for the raid, but only the raid.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    Having said that, right now I believe the only confirmed hard mode reward is the Necrochasm. However I feel it's not as desirable as the Mythoclast. If Necrochasm is the pinnacle of what the HM offers, it's going to fall kind of flat. Hopefully more weapons/rewards are added to make chasing hard mode clears desirable, like it still is for VOG.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Having said that, right now I believe the only confirmed hard mode reward is the Necrochasm. However I feel it's not as desirable as the Mythoclast. If Necrochasm is the pinnacle of what the HM offers, it's going to fall kind of flat. Hopefully more weapons/rewards are added to make chasing hard mode clears desirable, like it still is for VOG.

Hard Mode has all the primary weapons in it. The one exotic is indeed underwhelming.

Edit: You also likely double-up on drops, like in VoG. So a single hard-mode clear will give you double the materials to level up alts armor.

Celian on
    PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Do we know the names of the upcoming primaries? Or was that not datamined yet?

Edit: Rank 4 with Eric's Mom! Now if only I could get a chest or a helm...

Hiryu02 on
  • Options

• Abyss Defiant
    • Word of Crota
    • Oversoul Edict
    • Fang of Ir Yut

• Options
    Celian wrote: »

I think the perk gives a possible insight into what the hard mode will do different. I suspect a certain thing happening on a timer and not triggered, as it currently is. Thus making the perk likely essential.

Good point. I guess I'm agreeing with @Hiryu02‌ about not wearing most raid gear outside the raid (i'm typically running around at 29 or 30 unless I'm doing Krota ).

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    darleysam wrote: »
    8-)

What I don't understand is why people wear raid gear into non-Iron Banner crucible. Unless you have a specific build in mind and need the stats, you might actually be less effective just by throwing on whatever highest light gear you have. I wear one raid piece for the high-Disc boost, then round out the other slots with the relevant exotic and vendor gear so I have perks and stats that work in concert.

I mean, you look really cool in your 323 Str and no Disc raid gear that gives you more super for killing mobs. In Crucible.

Agreed, I don't have raid gear to choose from, but my Crucible setup is entirely based around what stats it gives me rather than level.

forumsig.png
  • Options

Good point. I guess I'm agreeing with @Hiryu02‌ about not wearing most raid gear outside the raid (i'm typically running around at 29 or 30 unless I'm doing Krota ).

Your level only really matters on the Nightfall & Raid (a lot) / Weekly (somewhat) / Daily (barely), where being 32 will be leagues above a perk or two, or even unfavorable stats. When doing PvP, better perks and stats will always be more significant. Not sure if 32 in Iron Banner would be better, since I don't think there was enough 32s in the last IB to make a conclusion on that.

• Options

• Abyss Defiant
    • Word of Crota
    • Oversoul Edict
    • Fang of Ir Yut

Thank you.
    The Word of Crota seems like it will have applications outside of the raid. The rest appear to be in the raid/hive-specific niche. I don't see anything on the same level as Fatebringer in general utility.

• Options
    This game needs reforging badly. The only way to get high single-stat rolls that I've seen is to get raid drops, as those stats seem randomized between split and single-stat.

I would pay commendations/strange coins/what have you to reroll stats or even select one stat on my currently owned gear and make that a doubled, single stat.

I don't even think care package gear from factions or vanguard can be single-stat, only split.

• Options

Your level only really matters on the Nightfall & Raid (a lot) / Weekly (somewhat) / Daily (barely), where being 32 will be leagues above a perk or two, or even unfavorable stats. When doing PvP, better perks and stats will always be more significant. Not sure if 32 in Iron Banner would be better, since I don't think there was enough 32s in the last IB to make a conclusion on that.

For IB, it definitely helps, but being 31 is almost as good. 1 level difference = not huge, 2+ it starts to get really noticeable. For the next IB you'll want to be a minimum of 31. But you can still rep up if you're lower, you just won't be as effective as possible.

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.

• Options
    zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    Something tells me the Oversoul is going to be an added, mandatory mechanic in Hard Mode, which is why all the sets have an Oversoul-mitigating perk. Good for the raid, but only the raid.

This has been a running joke with me and my friends about what they will do to hard crota because of how everyone has been cheesing crota normal.

Some practical like needing all Guardians participating in the raid to stand on the final sync plate to form the bridge in the first section

Some ridiculous like needing to carry 2 sword bearer swords across the bridge in the second part.

• Options
    AlanF5AlanF5 Registered User regular
    Hey Alan, didn't mean to boot you out without saying anything, we were in a PSN party. @Sousuke‌ disconnected and we were holding the abyss bridge opened until he could somehow zone back in. Fun fact, you can kill over a thousand hives while you wait on New Zealand's internet.
    No worries. I figured you were waiting on someone in particular one I got the boot. If I'm not chasing a particular bounty, I'll jump into any fireteam with an open slot, especially if they are running a raid I have yet to do that week, just on the off chance that someone had to drop and PSN just hasn't gotten around to delivering the invite you surely sent me. 8-)

Can't be mad about a boot if i'm jumpin in uninvited; hope you all got fantastic loot.

• Options
    edited January 2015

This has been a running joke with me and my friends about what they will do to hard crota because of how everyone has been cheesing crota normal.

Some practical like needing all Guardians participating in the raid to stand on the final sync plate to form the bridge in the first section

Some ridiculous like needing to carry 2 sword bearer swords across the bridge in the second part.

I really, really hope not. It's only the top 50-100 players doing things like solo-ing the raid. The top 50-100 (probably a high estimate) out of 10 MILLION. Balancing for those guys is a very bad idea for the other 99.9999995% of their playerbase. Overreacting to a couple of YouTube videos is a fucking moronic move for a major corporation. Which, sadly, is why I feel confident Bungie will do so.

morgan_coke on