As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny] Ours is the Light that illuminates the Dark Below! Hard Mode Crota's End awaits!

• CelianCelian Registered User regular
    zllehs wrote: »
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Something tells me the Oversoul is going to be an added, mandatory mechanic in Hard Mode, which is why all the sets have an Oversoul-mitigating perk. Good for the raid, but only the raid.

This has been a running joke with me and my friends about what they will do to hard crota because of how everyone has been cheesing crota normal.

Some practical like needing all Guardians participating in the raid to stand on the final sync plate to form the bridge in the first section

Some ridiculous like needing to carry 2 sword bearer swords across the bridge in the second part.

I really, really hope not. It's only the top 50-100 players doing things like solo-ing the raid. The top 50-100 (probably a high estimate) out of 10 MILLION. Balancing for those guys is a very bad idea for the other 99.9999995% of their playerbase. Overreacting to a couple of YouTube videos is a fucking moronic move for a major corporation. Which, sadly, is why I feel confident Bungie will do so.

The players soloing the raids are doing so much, much more legitimately than what most people are currently doing, in terms of cheese. The only thing that they absolutely need to fix is the Crota internet disconnect exploit.

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    I got rank 4 with Eris Mom, the shader is nice on some and looks weird on others, looks bad on full set warlock in my opinion, but thats probably partly because of the chestpiece dragging the set down.

bharuh.jpge9jj42.jpg

Full set has way too much orange, Praxic Fire with old raid boots which I'm currently using looks almost like an all black shader, its just the one gauntlet thats orange, he looks like a Cleric Type Dark Souls boss in that getup.

66wze9.jpgkdpklx.jpg

My Titan looks pretty badass in my opinion (He matches his gun too!), my Hunter looks like a blind man bought clothes for the first time.

Sirialis on
    Shaders are really hit or miss depending on the gear set or if it's a full set vs. mixed set. The Hunter Crota set with that shader looks gorgeous.

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
    edited January 2015
    Celian wrote: »
    Shaders are really hit or miss depending on the gear set or if it's a full set vs. mixed set. The Hunter Crota set with that shader looks gorgeous.

My Hunter is cursed, between VoG and Crota's End he has gotten 1 raid piece so far...

Which remind me that I havent run the raid on him this week if anyone is thinking of going! (Take me along)

Sirialis on
  • elijahdprophetelijahdprophet Registered User regular
    Hunter VoG legs and that shader are hilarious. Those boots, so orange.

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Hunter VoG legs and that shader are hilarious. Those boots, so orange.

THEY ARE MADE FOR WALKING.

It is what they do.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    The funny thing about the shader and the hunter is how it's "camo" looking. What the hell is going to be the backdrop for bright orange camo? Ah!

• BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    The funny thing about the shader and the hunter is how it's "camo" looking. What the hell is going to be the backdrop for bright orange camo? Ah!

Underwater Venus section confirmed!!!

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    BillyIdle wrote: »

Underwater Venus section confirmed!!!

either that or it's "urban camo" for fighting in a Tang factory.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    What's up with the threads? This is on the second page and the old one has new posts in it and is on the first.

EDIT: Well, I mean, now that I posted this this one is on the first page, but you get what I meant, right?

morgan_coke on
    XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything
    What's up with the threads? This is on the second page and the old one has new posts in it and is on the first.

EDIT: Well, I mean, now that I posted this this one is on the first page, but you get what I meant, right?

This is preposterous! It should be fixed by the highest of authorities.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    darleysam wrote: »
    Heh, all you suckers using anything other than Universal Remote in the Crucible. I think my special is Murmur but frankly I can't tell from all the dust it gathers.
    8-)
    Realtalk though I would love UR to have a little more range when ADS because it's great, but still falls a bit short sometimes and I do often consider swapping back to an AR for primary and finding a good special slot shotgun instead.

edit: was absolutely gutted to have come up short on coins last weekend, because I wanted those Mk. 44 Stand Asides so badly. Always be charging.

What I don't understand is why people wear raid gear into non-Iron Banner crucible. Unless you have a specific build in mind and need the stats, you might actually be less effective just by throwing on whatever highest light gear you have. I wear one raid piece for the high-Disc boost, then round out the other slots with the relevant exotic and vendor gear so I have perks and stats that work in concert.

I mean, you look really cool in your 323 Str and no Disc raid gear that gives you more super for killing mobs. In Crucible.

Nobody looks cool in Strength gear

• wanderinggruewanderinggrue Registered User regular
    Good day all! I'll should be on ~ 7.30 to 8 Eastern tonight. Need to run one weekly strike, and I have the Ir Yut checkpoint for CE. If anyone would like to join for the weekly or would like to learn / needs a Crota kill before reset let me know! PS4: PennyFingers

Destiny 2: Steam Version - PC. Will give friend code for cookies and raids.
  • BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Heh, all you suckers using anything other than Universal Remote in the Crucible. I think my special is Murmur but frankly I can't tell from all the dust it gathers.
    8-)
    Realtalk though I would love UR to have a little more range when ADS because it's great, but still falls a bit short sometimes and I do often consider swapping back to an AR for primary and finding a good special slot shotgun instead.

edit: was absolutely gutted to have come up short on coins last weekend, because I wanted those Mk. 44 Stand Asides so badly. Always be charging.

What I don't understand is why people wear raid gear into non-Iron Banner crucible. Unless you have a specific build in mind and need the stats, you might actually be less effective just by throwing on whatever highest light gear you have. I wear one raid piece for the high-Disc boost, then round out the other slots with the relevant exotic and vendor gear so I have perks and stats that work in concert.

I mean, you look really cool in your 323 Str and no Disc raid gear that gives you more super for killing mobs. In Crucible.

Lord knows I try.
    Hopefully Crota will grace me with an Int chest this week.

• MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Fawst wrote: »
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Bruan wrote: »
    What's so good about the mythoclast anyway? I get that it fires solar as a primary... but what else?
    It's a primary fusion rifle. Sort of. From what I understand it sort of fires like a scout rifle. But not.

It also has 323 attack. Which is good for an old school exotic.

It fires pretty much just like an auto rifle.
    Well... Bugger.

It also has a smallish magazine and tiny reserve ammo. You will run out of ammo constantly, and it is next to useless with juggler.

Don't believe the hype.

Field Scout and any armor that lets you hold more Fusion Rifle ammo negate this. It's for me what everyone else loves about The Last Word: stylish as fuck. It is the best looking weapon in the game to me. The sound is satisfying, too.

It has extended mag, not field scout. And it really needs any stability and range increases you can give it as well.

Much the same thing, it still boosts the reserve ammo as well as the magazine size. With armour that boosts fusion rifle ammo you should be fine. It's also about realising when you're facing a bullet sponge that your specials and heavies need to be used to preserve the mythoclast ammo for crowd-control on adds.

That said, my 331 Gjallarhorn has been taking my exotic spot most of the time now.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
    Right guys, I have two weekly heroics I need to do tonight on PS4. If anyone's interested, my PSN is Holy-Promethium

Just jump in if you need it or want to help out I'll have my fireteam set to open.

• elijahdprophetelijahdprophet Registered User regular
    I may hit you up @Muffinatron‌ I have one guy who needs those sweet coins.

• HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    When will you be starting? My Titan hasn't done the weekly yet.

I'm starting now, but since I'm solo right now it could take me some time. Just add me and join when you can.

• Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Even basic Titan items have really cool flavor text. From a green Titan mark:
    It is called the Firebreak Calculus: how much good could I do if I find the right place and fight until I die?

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    8-)

Guh, my raid boots have 150 str on them

I need to replace them so I can hit 32

Further instructions to the fireteam members re: roles.

To the Titan:
    Toutatis Type 0 (Titan gauntlets)
    ”Your job on the fireteam is to stand when everything else seems sure to fall.”

To the Hunter:
    Cold Mantis 1.9D (Hunter gauntlets)
    "Your job on the fireteam is to answer the question 'Can we kill that thing?' Make sure the answer is always yes."

To the Warlock:
    Locus Watcher I (Warlock gauntlets)
    "Your job on the fireteam is to see the patterns - and make them your own."

Can we get Eric Nylund to start writing an official databook on this game? How the hell the best representation of the lore in a non-game, non-app context is this is just beyond me.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Trojan35Trojan35 I want Too Human 2. Registered User regular
    8-)

Because I am lazy.

• Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Seriously the game has fantastic flavor text and lore. I keep trying to tell my friend that and he won't believe the game has any story, since he doesn't read that or the grimoire.

They took those Dark Souls influences really to heart.

So thanks for posting those!

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Further instructions to the fireteam members re: roles.

To the Titan:
    Toutatis Type 0 (Titan gauntlets)
    ”Your job on the fireteam is to stand when everything else seems sure to fall.”

To the Hunter:
    Cold Mantis 1.9D (Hunter gauntlets)
    "Your job on the fireteam is to answer the question 'Can we kill that thing?' Make sure the answer is always yes."

To the Warlock:
    Locus Watcher I (Warlock gauntlets)
    "Your job on the fireteam is to see the patterns - and make them your own."

Can we get Eric Nylund to start writing an official databook on this game? How the hell the best representation of the lore in a non-game, non-app context is this is just beyond me.

Destiny is brimming with setting and style wherever they didn't manage to properly sand blast it away like they did in the actual story missions.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    Destinylfg is ass, why cant we have a matchmaker to do this shit? I would press the "+30 age required" button so hard!

edited January 2015
    Seriously the game has fantastic flavor text and lore. I keep trying to tell my friend that and he won't believe the game has any story, since he doesn't read that or the grimoire.

They took those Dark Souls influences really to heart.

So thanks for posting those!

I'm so frustrated that there is no attempt in an official manner to flesh out this world more. It's right there! The saga of The Last Word and the Thorn would make an amazing comic miniseries by itself!

Even in the item's appearances there is an untold story. For example, I am dead certain that the crest on the Helm of Saint-14 is ripped from the shoulders of a Cabal Primus. Just look at Primus Sha'aull. Again, I would kill to read a short novella of the story surrounding that encounter, which ends with Saint-14 affixing a memento of his triumph to the helmet that would soon bear his name.

Edit: Fuck, I should write the goddamn story of that fight myself.

Hiryu02 on
  • morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Destinylfg is ass, why cant we have a matchmaker to do this shit? I would press the "+30 age required" button so hard!

How are you having trouble with .lfg on Crota? Like, VoG was all puzzles and junk, Crota is pretty much just "shoot many mans". Randoms should totally be able to rock that, even if they're not that great.

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »

How are you having trouble with .lfg on Crota? Like, VoG was all puzzles and junk, Crota is pretty much just "shoot many mans". Randoms should totally be able to rock that, even if they're not that great.

Yea, the only thing I really want right now is them to fix the stupid exploits because looking for a clean run on LFG is super fucking annoying.

It doesn't help that in VoG there was less "team work" than "multiple roles". If you could do a role you could handle it regardless of how others did their role. in Crota the sword timing requires at least two people to really know and be comfortable coordinating together. That's not instantly transferable in LFG situations. Definitely not when their is that boring stupid cheese right there that everybody knows about.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    My Exotic collection is really coming along nicely. Only missing a single Warlock Exotic (Obsidian Mind, arguably the best Voidwalker Exotic. I think Voidfang is better for PVP). I have everything (and bumped up to post-DLC levels) except the following:

Pre-DLC Level Weapons (1): Vex Mythoclast [Not sure if this is getting a bump]
    Weapons with Currently Running Bounties (2): Bad Juju, Invective
    Missing Weapons (4): Gjallarhorn [Dammit], Hard Light, Red Death, Thunderlord
    Missing Warlock Armor (1): Obsidian Mind
    Missing Titan Armor (2): The Glasshouse, Crest of Alpha Lupi
    Pre-DLC Level Hunter Armor (2): Young Ahamkara's Spine, Lucky Raspberry [Hunter isn't 20 so I couldn't wear these for Xur to fix up]
    Missing Hunter Armor (4): ATS/8 ARACHNID, Mask of the Third Man, Crest of Alpha Lupi, Radiant Dance Machines

And the following pieces I have fully-leveled up with all bubbles filled in:
    Weapons (2): SUROS Regime, Ice Breaker [You'll notice that almost all my Exotic Shards go to maxing armor]
    Warlock Armor (7): Skull of Dire Ahamkara, Light Beyond Nemesis, Sunbreakers, Claws of Ahamkara, Voidfang Vestments, Heart of the Praxic Fire, Starfire Protocol
    Titan Armor (3): An Insurmountable Skullfort, Ruin Wings, The Armamentarium

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Ruin Wings still seems bugged to me. Still looks like it gives a large increase to Heavy Ammo drops at the beginning of a game session, which then tapers on the longer that you play.
    Sure, it's anecdotal. But I played for roughly 15 minutes this morning (just enough to run through Siege of the Warmind), and in that short time frame I saw at least 8 purple ammo drops.

This has been fairly consistent for my experiences if I start a session with Ruin Wings on. Start the night up with an absurd amount of heavy ammo, then eventually trickle down to normal or less than normal.

Has anyone else had similar experiences, or am I in some weird state where I get swingy drops that actually just mean my luck is weird?

• BruanBruan Registered User regular
    I'm so bummed. I'm stuck at work and i wish I could play Destiny. I read a depressing post (http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2rdgff/yesterday_i_missed_xursday_and_i_dont_care/) about how some guy was burnt out by the gear treadmill, but all i legitimately have a good time playing.

I have fond memories of the game. My first raid with the Arcadians. My initial disappointment at getting Gjallerhorn, but the cries of everyone else made me reconsider. Last week's revolving door HM-VOG, and a bunch of PVP. I have a blast playing with Arcadians, even if I'm not doing well as a player.

Playstation: Anthai (Destiny)
    WiiU: jooncole (Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate)
    3DS: 2122-5983-8919
  • DreadBertDreadBert Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Tried ruin wings on Sunday in omnigul strike and didn't get a heavy ammo until the skywatch part. Maybe 3-4 total for strike. No where near the drops you get with the perk on heavy weapons for me.

DreadBert on
  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Game One of PVP in forever: so much lag that my Nova Bomb fails to kill people.

Game Two: fall to my death three times thanks to Warlock jump...

Not the best start.

Not the best start.

Lol Lrn 2 jump noooooob

• VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular

Not the best start.

How do you manage to fall while Gliding? It's the most maneuverable of all the jump abilities. Unless you meant Blink. At which point... yeah. Yeah, I can see that.

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
    I'm starting now, but since I'm solo right now it could take me some time. Just add me and join when you can.

Big thanks to @Haphazard‌ and @IDDQD‌ for their help with the heroics.

All done and I'm now no longer a pauper in terms of Strange coins.

• CobellCobell Registered User regular
    Ruin Wings still seems bugged to me. Still looks like it gives a large increase to Heavy Ammo drops at the beginning of a game session, which then tapers on the longer that you play.
    Sure, it's anecdotal. But I played for roughly 15 minutes this morning (just enough to run through Siege of the Warmind), and in that short time frame I saw at least 8 purple ammo drops.

This has been fairly consistent for my experiences if I start a session with Ruin Wings on. Start the night up with an absurd amount of heavy ammo, then eventually trickle down to normal or less than normal.

Has anyone else had similar experiences, or am I in some weird state where I get swingy drops that actually just mean my luck is weird?

Nope, I have the same experience. The drops can be super sporadic at times: from super rare still to heavy ammo falling like rain.

• BruanBruan Registered User regular
    I've heard re-equipping helps. Have you guys tried that? Sometimes I regret not buying it, as Ruin Wings + Corrective Measure could be amazing.

Playstation: Anthai (Destiny)
    WiiU: jooncole (Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate)
    3DS: 2122-5983-8919
  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Vagabond wrote: »

Not the best start.

How do you manage to fall while Gliding? It's the most maneuverable of all the jump abilities. Unless you meant Blink. At which point... yeah. Yeah, I can see that.

I kept forgeting that if you fall, you can't recover.