As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East Pinny Trading Timetable

misskassmisskass Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
edited January 2015 in Pinny Arcade
So since this year will be my first year of international PAXes, I'm trying to figure out how to maximize my collecting opportunities while I'm there. I'm Enforcing, which means I have to pick a morning/afternoon/evening shift, so I'm just wondering if there's a regular time for pin trading sessions at East, or if anybody has any clever guesses. I'm strongly considering an evening shift, so I can pin search before the expo hall closes, but if the only trading sessions are likely to be in the evening I might have to reconsider.

(I'm also thinking I might attend Prime, but that depends on how much I can save between March and September, so I'm just asking about East trade sessions for now. Expect me to post again later in the year if I can make it.)

misskass on

• Options
    aleph0aleph0 Registered User regular
    The pin trading event at East last year was 5-7pm on Saturday. Both Prime last year (7.30-9.30pm) and the upcoming South (8-10pm) have pin trading in the evening as well.

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I think you'd be the safest selecting mornings if you absolutely can't miss the trading event... not that getting it is guaranteed of course.

• Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    Morning shift certainly gives you best odds at making the pin trading, but it limits you to only a few hours in the Expo hall each day. Enforcing does make it more challenging to collect all your pins at a PAX, but you can always trade, and it does have other less tangible benefits.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    misskassmisskass Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Yeah I'm more into Enforcing and exploring the expo hall than I am pin collecting, especially since this is my very first international convention. Thanks for your advice, everyone. :biggrin: