As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

G&T Secret Santa 2014: Until next season....

• ElinElin Registered User regular
    Grove wrote: »
    Now that the holidays are over, I just wanted to give a great big shout out to @Elin‌ for being an amazing santa. Really appreciate the gifts this year, you were amazing. Hope you have a wonderful 2015!

Really glad you liked everything. MC Lars is one of my favorite artists so I'm thrilled to share his music with someone. It's pretty hard to say what my favorite song of his is but it's going to be either Hey There Ophelia, Hipster Girl, or Twenty Three.

Warning about Twenty Three
    It deals with the suicide of a good friend of his and is fairly emotional

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
    Imperfect wrote: »
    GiftGet-1_zpsf0a91d66.gif

Final gift get!
    A hand-wrapped gift?
    egXfTg8.jpg

Oh man, this has been on my wishlist for so long that I'd forgot I added it on there! I was really hype about buying this back in the day. I actually almost bought it on several occasions, but was kinda broke at the time and couldn't justify it. Now it is miiiiine!
    DavzRfD.jpg

And inside, there's a letter:
    minirhyder wrote:
    Dear Dan "Imperfect" Hulton,

You're my second Canadian santee in a row. I've found that shipping around to those parts can get pretty expensive, and frankly I'd much rather spend my money buying you cool stuff than shipping it. As such, you'll see that all the stuff I've purchased was from Canadian merchants sent directly to you. However, I've always felt this was a bit too impersonal, and I wanted to send you something from me that made this unique. Hence the letter.

Now on to the gifts. First let me apologize for the fact that the gifts are a bit disjointed and have come in at a time that's a tad inconvenient for you. This was my fault as I've been dilly dallying with this this year, really for no good reason. Having said that, let's go over the gifts.

I took a gander at your wishlist and saw that you had kinetic sand on there. That's cool and all, but magnets are so much cooler! They stick to things! I myself have been having quite a bit of fun with magnets lately, and I hope you enjoy them as well.

The card game Hanabi has been a favorite since I've been introduced to it about a year ago. Since then I whip it out as often as possible in social settings. A word of warning - don't try to explain how to play this game under the influence. It won't happen. Learn to play first, then enjoy whatever vices you choose.

I saw that you were an avid player of iOS games. I really wanted to fuel this, however, as an American I cannot purchase items from the Canadian iOS store. This made me very sad. But have no fear! Perhaps there will be a Steam related gift in the future! I can't not fuel your gaming habits.

Lastly, I saw that you had V for Vendetta on your wishlist. I also saw that I had v for Vendetta on my bookshelf. I put forth the argument that this isn't really cheating because I already had the novel (for ages, too!) and therefore did not purchase it for you from your wishlist. It's part of the personal touch to my gift. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

So. I hope that you've enjoyed my gifts as much as I've enjoyed thinking them up and buying them (hit: it's a lot). Happy holidays and 'til next year!

Okay.

So.

I have to say, I'm legitimately overwhelmed here. Fun magnet toys, a nearly-prescient card game gift, a Steam game I've longed for, and finally, this, a book from your very own bookshelf. Your own book! That you owned! Holy crap!

This is probably the most Christmas cheer I've felt from Secret Santa yet. I'm just...

Just thank you so, so much. This is amazing.

Glad you liked it!
    There's supposed to be another package that should have come by now (I guess I might as well spoil it at this point and say that it was bucky cubes).
    I got in touch with their rep, so if it hasn't gotten there, I'll just have them send another.

• ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Oh snap, more Christmas? You spoil me!

<3

• MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    @cardboard delusions
    I kept sitting down to write a bunch of excuses and bullshit as to why this was taking forever, then feeling crappy and giving up. So screw it - for various reasons, I fucked up, and I apologize. I hope this replaces some of the joy I sucked out of the world.
    chpl.jpg
    Now with the shitty part over,
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif
    Santa started the awesome via Proxy. A mystery code in my inbox to enter into my PS4. Doing so revealed:
    tlou.jpg
    A bit later, I received a package in the mail. My trained attack cat examined it, then carefully unpacked the contents.
    whatisit.jpg
    packages.jpg
    The enclosed note said to open the numbered packages in order, so I opened those first. Package #1 gave away what was up, and I excitedly tore open the rest so I could put it together, stopping just long enough for a pic:
    mmmpi.jpg
    I'm taking that box as a challenge. There's a couple projects I've been considering that would need a device like that, so I'm going to have to pick which one to start with. I'm thinking of hooking up vibration sensors so it can text me when laundry is done.
    After that, I moved on to unnumbered packages. I have to object strongly to the first:
    a3spoilers.jpg
    Oh, thanks so much for spoiling Avengers 3! In all seriousness, I was never really a comic book kid, and I've really been meaning to go back and read what I missed. This was high on my list, and I look forward to finally understanding who all these weird characters are in Marvel Heroes. WTF is an Adam Warlock?!
    The next one was hugely prescient, but a bit late.
    inflate.jpg
    I was riding my bike to work regularly for a while, and my last trip out, I had a tire go from full to flat in the span of 10 seconds I'd stopped at a light. I had to call my mom to drive me home. I'm 38 for diety's sake. This could have saved me a ton of embarrassment.
    Lastly, there's some gifts that you have to go out on a limb and just assume that the person will either use or laugh at.
    plzsanta.jpg
    Would I use such a thing? Well, let's see it next to the other ornament I was gifted this year:
    2ornaments.jpg
    I totally put that up, and the Pats are totally going to win it all this year.
    The haul as a whole (you have to look really close to see the digital media)
    thehaul.jpg

Thank you so much, and again, my deepest apologies for how long this took. I promise I won't apply next year without a plan in place to make sure I'm able to fully fulfill my holiday duties.

Madpoet on
  • cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Madpoet wrote: »
    @cardboard delusions
    I kept sitting down to write a bunch of excuses and bullshit as to why this was taking forever, then feeling crappy and giving up. So screw it - for various reasons, I fucked up, and I apologize. I hope this replaces some of the joy I sucked out of the world.
    chpl.jpg
    Now with the shitty part over,
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif
    Santa started the awesome via Proxy. A mystery code in my inbox to enter into my PS4. Doing so revealed:
    tlou.jpg
    A bit later, I received a package in the mail. My trained attack cat examined it, then carefully unpacked the contents.
    whatisit.jpg
    packages.jpg
    The enclosed note said to open the numbered packages in order, so I opened those first. Package #1 gave away what was up, and I excitedly tore open the rest so I could put it together, stopping just long enough for a pic:
    mmmpi.jpg
    I'm taking that box as a challenge. There's a couple projects I've been considering that would need a device like that, so I'm going to have to pick which one to start with. I'm thinking of hooking up vibration sensors so it can text me when laundry is done.
    After that, I moved on to unnumbered packages. I have to object strongly to the first:
    a3spoilers.jpg
    Oh, thanks so much for spoiling Avengers 3! In all seriousness, I was never really a comic book kid, and I've really been meaning to go back and read what I missed. This was high on my list, and I look forward to finally understanding who all these weird characters are in Marvel Heroes. WTF is an Adam Warlock?!
    The next one was hugely prescient, but a bit late.
    inflate.jpg
    I was riding my bike to work regularly for a while, and my last trip out, I had a tire go from full to flat in the span of 10 seconds I'd stopped at a light. I had to call my mom to drive me home. I'm 38 for diety's sake. This could have saved me a ton of embarrassment.
    Lastly, there's some gifts that you have to go out on a limb and just assume that the person will either use or laugh at.
    plzsanta.jpg
    Would I use such a thing? Well, let's see it next to the other ornament I was gifted this year:
    2ornaments.jpg
    I totally put that up, and the Pats are totally going to win it all this year.
    The haul as a whole (you have to look really close to see the digital media)
    thehaul.jpg

Thank you so much, and again, my deepest apologies for how long this took. I promise I won't apply next year without a plan in place to make sure I'm able to fully fulfill my holiday duties.

I almost kept the Raspberry Pi for a project of my own and sent you another one but I was too busy with the holiday season to really look into it. The bike CO2 is something I use time to time with my road bike - NYC roads are very unforgiving. I was trying to find something you'd like as your interests (like mine) are all over the place. I hope you can do something cool, I was only worried that the package didn't find it's home or that you didn't like it, I love gift get posts because for me it's exciting seeing other people get things (I personally hate surprises). I'm glad it all worked out!

• LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Well, I guess I'm the worst Santa ever. I've finally sent most of my gifts off - minus a painting, for 3 reasons: my epic stalking failed at the last step when neither parents nor wife of my santee replied to my FB messages; we finally moved house on 19th December, and so could acces the gifts that were in storage; and finally, I've been ill for weeks with the horridest chest infection. I'm now on steroids, more antibiotics and an inhaler, so I'll either be better or dead soon!
    - I've emailed my santee and Hypatia, and sent a tracking number, so my santee can follow his parcel's progress. I've also asked him to choose a subject for me to paint when I'm better.

Now to my Santa: I still don't know who you are, but Thank you! I'm on my iPad, but hopefully will be able to post pics:

A parcel arrives, I open it to find:

3ngr58k9tn0v.jpg
    vsk25udm61yy.jpg
    x0wjs7odlaw9.jpg
    j3fth4e5tm1t.jpg
    e1jqj000w6yz.jpg
    sn1bon5hz6mg.jpg

Oh. My. Goodness!!! A Dalek painting! This is wondrous, thank you, Santa! Then, there's Coffee Crisps mmmmmmmmm, never has these before, but heard about them, and they're yummy! Also, a delicious box of chocolates, that sadly, didn't last too long!
    Thank you, show yourself, Santa!

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    Hooray, it arrived intact!
    I'm glad you like it! I didn't actually paint it, myself, that was my wife, @dangergrrl‌ , so she gets the credit.
    The candy was all me, though; Coffee Crisp is maybe the best thing about Canada, and Laura Secord is a pretty fancy chocolate shop.

I do have one more thing I need to send you, in fact, but the site won't take a delivery address without a phone number. Would you please PM it to me in order to receive your final holiday mirth?

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    My Santa had sent me a tracking number a couple of days ago, so I knew to expect something when I got home today, and sure enough

GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

My dog seems just as excited as I am to get the package. Or it could be cause I'm dangling a treat to get him to pose for this.
    IMG_0133_zps03e6dab8.jpg

Opening the bag reveals PACKING PEANUTS. Santa, how did you know those were my favorite thing in the world?

IMG_0134_zps09ae13a4.jpg

Oh wait, there's stuff inside...
    IMG_0136_zps3ec31511.jpg

And an envelope!
    IMG_0135_zpsed300c0d.jpg

Since I always do what envelopes tell me, I get to opening. First up, is a wood carved JENGA GAME! The wife loves playing board game, but it's just generally the two of us, so we don't do it much. I imagine this is going to get a lot of play in the house
    IMG_0137_zpsd4ae2999.jpg

Next we have Randall Munroe's What If book. Like any good nerd, I'm a big fan of XKCD, though sometimes the jokes go over my head. I look forward to reading this and feeling dumb!
    IMG_0140_zps467aad89.jpg

Then we get to the big box, and HOLY FUCK.
    IMG_0142_zps569a0373.jpg

Now, I have to admit something- My wife got me the exact same set for Christmas( probably because I whined about how much it sucked not picking it up when I had the chance). If only there was a way to repurpose Lego sets and turn them into new creations...

But the gifting ain't over! My Santa, no doubt knowing the late nights I will spend with the Legos, got me KONA COFFEE. And even without opening it smells really, really good. I'm a dark roast man myself, so great stalking!
    IMG_0144_zps9877b881.jpg

Opening the envelope, I find a really nice Christmas card, along with a letter from my Santa, where he goes over all the gifts. And if that wasn't enough, he and his wife got my wife a gift as well-a beautiful stone and Kasumi pearl necklace his wife made herself!
    IMG_0145_zps6eb360e1.jpg

Thank you so much @zaghreb! Seriously, both the wife and I are overwhelm by your generosity. Thank so much!!

noir_blood on
    Thank you @testsubject23‌ and @dangergrrl‌, I loved my presents! Xxx

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Spaceship!! You can now build a Spaceship!! twice as large!

My kids have been drooling over the latest LEGO catalog that arrived this week with all the new Star Wars sets and LEGO movie sets. :D

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    ArcSyn wrote: »

My kids have been drooling over the latest LEGO catalog that arrived this week with all the new Star Wars sets and LEGO movie sets. :D

My daughter has taken to falling asleep with the page with Ariel's Undersea Castle open under her pillow.

There may be a hint implied.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »

My daughter has taken to falling asleep with the page with Ariel's Undersea Castle open under her pillow.

There may be a hint implied.

Holy crap - I bought the wife the Amazing Treasures set for Christmas, I'll have to show her the castle, it's really something.

• minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif
    IMG_20150108_142637.jpg

@Frem, buddy, I think we might be sci-fi kindred spirits. I've read a bunch of Miles Vorkosigan novels about a year ago. I believe I got as far as Mirror Dance. Haven't read Cryoburn yet, so this is great!

minirhyder on
  • AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

Got a package this morning from Redmond Washington!

Inside, a mysterious box with beautiful wrapping paper and Japanese writing, and a great note from the man known as Khoo!
    20150108_100312_zpszbb6lyz4.jpg

Also a bag with something inside! It's Mei dressed up as Totoro from My Neighbor Totoro! This is going in my media room if I can wrench it from my toddler's hands (or my teenager's, who at the time of the gift opening was still asleep of course...)
    20150108_100327_zpsb0zuyuul.jpg

20150108_100406_zpskehmlgyj.jpg

Awww he has claimed her as his own...
    20150108_100416_zpsh4xb3qxe.jpg

Inside the (rather heavy box that was unwrapped, mysterious packaging
    20150108_100520_zpss8dbqnuu.jpg

And inside of that, two smaller MORE mysterious packages:
    20150108_100510_zpsvejcosjf.jpg

With no Japanese knowledge except for maybe thinking Godzilla would burst out, we carefully opened one to reveal...
    CAAAAKEEEEEEE! Google says this is Japanese Castella Cake, or Kasutera. It's delicious!
    20150108_100809_zpsbx8kqqh7.jpg

Good things truly come to those who wait. This was really a unique assortment of gifts that everyone in my family can enjoy, big thanks to Khoo, and happy holidays! Maybe I'll see you at PAX South in a few weeks and thank you again in person!

I just read up on that cake and now I want some. That sounds delicious!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • FremFrem Registered User regular
    minirhyder wrote: »
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

@Frem, buddy, I think we might be sci-fi kindred spirits. I've read a bunch of Miles Vorkosigan novels about a year ago. I believe I got as far as Mirror Dance. Haven't read Cryoburn yet, so this is great!

Yay, glad you like it!

But, uh, whoops. Just a heads up/slight-spoiler warning. There's some fairly important character development that happens in the book after Mirror Dance, Memory. Cryoburn stands alone pretty well (it was the first Bujold book I read), but Miles has a totally different life now. So you'll probably want to go back and read Memory at some point to find out what deranged maniac gave him actual responsibility. ;-)

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    *WOOP WOOP*
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

So I had a santa from Australia. He grabbed me a board game from amazon to tide me over apparently, and said more was on the way. Holy crap did he undersell the "more" part!

NGWEZ1O.jpg?2
    *squints*

Are those snacks?
    dAOtYQG.jpg?1

I LIKE SNACKS.

Also vegimite with a warning to go easy on it, and "energy drink powder" that even after the american chemicals I jam into my body, I am wary to try :D

(I have already eaten the raspberry white chocolate TimTams. Amazing.)

f0xMPHQ.jpg?2
    Patches and a Merch Pin! Super awesome!
    If you didn't know, I recently in the past year started collecting patches and sewing them onto my carry all bag:
    mloNPbe.jpg?1
    So although its filling up, I'm gonna make room for those two, and the Pin! This is super awesome.
    dRvfAfl.jpg?2
    Magnets! Going up on the fridge right now!

So some people know I am a huge fan of cards against humanity.
    klY1YPD.jpg?1
    Hmmmm an open copy of CAH? I must be missing something
    ENHANCE
    0xuba6e.jpg?2
    ENHANCE
    yFpD7DL.jpg?1

Holy Crap! This is super awesome! I can't wait to add to my collection. If you guys want to see how serious I am, I basically have everything you don't need to spend 200-1000$ to get(unless I already collected it for free) (gratuitous brag shot):
    BOVjk5V.jpg?1
    Sleeved, the white cards now fill the bigger blacker box alone(with 1 spacer), and the black cards now fill the original box.

Also, you know me so well, what would a gift be without the inclusion of a weapon:
    GZs6pjT.jpg?1
    Benders head grimaces at the mere sight of the wrath to come!

The combined shot:
    cz9XUts.jpg?2

You have gone well beyond the call here, good sir, thank you so much!

edit: so excited, I forgot to mention it was the very classy @zwayhowder

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Oh snap! I better not show my mom that gift post. She will hunt you down for that cake.

• zwayhowderzwayhowder SydneyRegistered User regular
    Glad you like it. Warning Tim Tams may make you more attractive to the opposite sex.

Every time I visit the office in Portland all the women want to know how many suitcases of them I packed.

Iced Vovos are my favorite, every Australian kid remembers eating them at Gran's house.

Zway
    3DS - 3669-0094-2458 || WiiU/Steam/PSN zwayhowder || XboX lujjan || Untappd zwayhowder
  • Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited January 2015
    THAT CAKE IS SO GREAT UGH

The green tea variety (the other box) is unbelievable. See you at south sir.

(btw, whoever is my Santa - I apologize for the lack of a gift get.. I'm waiting for a response from the elf before I post...)

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited January 2015
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

Sorry for the late post on this - I haven't been in Seattle for a while, but when I got back this week, I was treated with this.... substantial... package.
    gt201501.jpg

They clearly knew my name...
    gt201502.jpg

AND I REALIZED THEY WERE VERY FANCY. PEOPLE I AM DEALING WITH A VERY FANCY PERSON HERE.
    gt201503.jpg

Fast forward through a very elaborate process of trying not to destroy said item via unpacking a million layers of packaging... and I present to you, from the most AMAZING @ihaveachair :
    gt201508.jpg

THIS TOTALLY FUCKING SWEET HANDMADE PING PONG UNDER-THE-SEA KHOO VS OCTOPUS LAMP.

WHHHHHAAAT
    gt201505.jpg

gt201507.jpg

The amount of detail work put into this is pretty nuts - the photos don't do it justice, but the lampshade line work is really great. THANK YOU!

And then you can see it in its natural environment and new home!
    gt201506.jpg

Amazing! Thank you ihaveachair!!

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Holy shit.

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Can we go ahead and update the forum so we can press Awesome more than once? Because I really wanted to keep pressing the button.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
    Ihaveachair was challenged to gift the Khoo, and rose to that challenge beyond any imagination! That is incredible! Great job!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Getting Khoo is like the booby prize, so I'm glad Santa was able to rock the hell out of the challenge

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    That is off the chain.

• DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    I have received word that my Santa is not in fact a deadbeat, just a bit short sighted. There is currently cheer winging its way to me, but for reasons, it's untrackable. They're good reasons. I shall be patient and await festive bestowal!

Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Dyvion wrote: »
    I have received word that my Santa is not in fact a deadbeat, just a bit short sighted. There is currently cheer winging its way to me, but for reasons, it's untrackable. They're good reasons. I shall be patient and await festive bestowal!

Did Santa just forget and send you whatever illegal drugs he had lying around his shack?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • HypatiaHypatia Registered User regular
    Update!

If you have not posted in the thread with pictures of your received gifts, please do so, you have been notified by PM and failure to do so will result in not getting to sign up for Secret Santa in the future.

For all those who received and sent gifts, I hope everyone had a great holiday! It's always awesomely fun running this and I love you guys :)

Last, there are couple of stragglers that we're waiting to hear from but it looks like the gift wall is almost full, yay!

• Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    That lamp is astounding.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • ihaveachairihaveachair Registered User regular
    Glad you dig it and that it got there in one piece! INDUSTRIAL PACK ALL THE THINGS!

3v72GoR.jpg
    3DS: 5129-3454-7122
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    I'm still waiting for my Santa to identify themselves...

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

Late Wednesday night, as my family and I were enjoying a restful dinner, there was suddenly a knock and a doorbell ring at my front door!

It was ... the UPS MAN! He came bearing a box from Amazon. I enlisted the necessary aid to open it ...

28gh1bh6rdfh.jpg

... but he kinda got distracted, and wanted to pop all the "bubbah wrap."

So we did.

znnsaaszjxfa.jpg
    bkgh04ft9yxm.jpg

Eventually, though, we worked our way through all the plastic, and could turn our attention to the wondrous bounty inside! The first piece to be found was a white box with a Nestle label - which turned out to be Eastern Japanese KitKats.

This is a thing I never knew existed - and the flavors on it - Rum Raisin, 3 varieties of spicy, cheesecake ... - look amazing.

6pro8m28angq.jpg

Then, we look at the separate, smaller box that was in the larger Amazon box. What was inside?

z8hcabefgcx4.jpg

Within was not one, not two, but three large bars of organic 70% dark chocolate by Green & Black's.

These things are fantastic. One has disappeared already, and I fear that the other two shall in short order, as well.

gqcky43nc05v.jpg

Then, as is required by the International Kid Code, Section 7, Paragraph 3, Sub-Paragraph 2.1, "Employment of Containers, Corrugated Carboard, NESOI" ...

e5bf6swepafe.jpg

10alhsfrvv5h.jpg

Thanks to my Santa @Fig-D‌ for my Steam games (posted earlier) and my delicious chocolate, and sorry that UPS decided to be a pain in the butt to you this year! Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and have a great 2015!

I'm one hour away from a 15 hour flight back downunder. And will ensure package opening happens as soon as I walk in the door at home.

Zway
    3DS - 3669-0094-2458 || WiiU/Steam/PSN zwayhowder || XboX lujjan || Untappd zwayhowder
    edited January 2015
    After 24 hours of travel I finally got home to this pile:
    cdsmcph4as3x.jpg
    Surely I must have a gift from santa in that pile?
    What's this? An Amazon box! I don't ship stuff to Australia that often, after all I get a free trip to Portland every time my liver has recovered from the last one.
    f9lwxlwfh604.jpg
    Oh I love this giant bubble wrap!
    igf86613g0e0.jpg
    There's a card
    4jyke8mm9r3h.jpg
    What? 2? I didn't get Round 1? What has Amazon done?
    wcesyrq2qj2v.jpg
    Oh there's a second box under the first box. It's time to open Round 1.
    bd9nr3u5lqxh.jpg
    Wash! Yay, I love these things, I can never justify buying them myself. I know just where to put him too (That's right he's coming out of that packaging).

Now, Box 2 (If the Amazon box was box 0, box 3 if you're weird).
    bfqjffmduai5.jpg

I've wanted this game for years, and for some reason never taken the plunge. This is getting played today. I don't care how jetlagged I am. Thanks to Mrs Zwayhowder for holding the boxes.

Obligatory group photo (Sorry no cats, dogs or small children to enhance the shot).
    ou5enjyxj304.jpg

And Wash in his new home on my monitor, with the closest thing to a dinosaur that I own.
    37af689nvmko.jpg

Thanks @never-ending-reign‌ this is awesome.

zwayhowder on
    Zway
  • never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
    zwayhowder wrote: »
    After 24 hours of travel I finally got home to this pile:
    cdsmcph4as3x.jpg
    Surely I must have a gift from santa in that pile?
    What's this? An Amazon box! I don't ship stuff to Australia that often, after all I get a free trip to Portland every time my liver has recovered from the last one.
    f9lwxlwfh604.jpg
    Oh I love this giant bubble wrap!
    igf86613g0e0.jpg
    There's a card
    4jyke8mm9r3h.jpg
    What? 2? I didn't get Round 1? What has Amazon done?
    wcesyrq2qj2v.jpg
    Oh there's a second box under the first box. It's time to open Round 1.
    bd9nr3u5lqxh.jpg
    Wash! Yay, I love these things, I can never justify buying them myself. I know just where to put him too (That's right he's coming out of that packaging).

Now, Box 2 (If the Amazon box was box 0, box 3 if you're weird).
    bfqjffmduai5.jpg

I've wanted this game for years, and for some reason never taken the plunge. This is getting played today. I don't care how jetlagged I am. Thanks to Mrs Zwayhowder for holding the boxes.

Obligatory group photo (Sorry no cats, dogs or small children to enhance the shot).
    ou5enjyxj304.jpg

And Wash in his new home on my monitor, with the closest thing to a dinosaur that I own.
    37af689nvmko.jpg

Thanks @never-ending-reign‌ this is awesome.

Happy holidays, and again, sorry it was so late. Im glad you like your presents but am dismayed as a collector of action figures!! As long as you enjoy, that's what matters.

@Jam Warrior‌ I finally made it out to my favorite brewery and my husband and I played jaipur while I enjoyed a delicious cider beer. It was really fun! Not terribly hard to play and it goes quick so a perfect game to play while drinking. My husband says the math after each round is 'hard if you're drinking' but since he doesn't drink I'm pretty sure that was him pouting because I kicked his ass.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    GiftGet-1_zpsf0a91d66.gif

I was notified by my Santa with a tracking number a few days ago, and yesterday the package arrived!
    A wild Box appears! Our cat Moschi investigates.

16230140516_3f1d880224_z.jpg

IMG_6934a by Cameron_Talley, on Flickr

Upon opening the box, I find a note from my Santa! My Santa has been feeling under the weather lately. I hope she feels better soon!

16249333832_787910b128_z.jpg

Secret Santa 2015! by Cameron_Talley, on Flickr

Now, on to the goodies!

First up is a Lego Yoda LED light keychain and a space invaders keychain! These are awesome! I think I'm going to display them on my desk at work.

16062632958_05e0445bd6_z.jpg

Next is an awesome Mustache-based card game and a Retractable USB cable. I actually just started growing a beard this past Christmas, so this is cool!

16249339232_c0c9533afb_z.jpg

The box just continues to give up goodies! Next I found a stick-on controller for the iPhone and a paper watch. Iv'e never seen anything like this watch before--you can draw whatever you want on the band. Seems like a good excuse to make a Triforce-Mario-Pokemon-Doctor Who watch. I haven't tried the controller yet, but I got a new phone for Christmas so I can't wait to try some of the games.

15627755284_239cb9ace9_z.jpg

Next I found this great solar powered robot kit. I love kits like this! Can't wait to see what our cats think of this thing, marching around.

16249338332_4228cc80ea_z.jpg

Finally, I found this really nice set of VW Bus coasters. I'm a VW nut and I love these!

16249334272_1bc434ea88_z.jpg

Here's the whole haul:

16224262526_b49e446948_z.jpg

My Santa was awesome! And it was none other than @LewieP's Mummy‌ !!! And that's not all! As soon as I send her my favorite game or character, Santa is going to make a Painting! I can't wait! You did an amazing job, Santa! I hope you get to felling better, and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
    Yay!!! It all arrived, now just send me your favourite image and I'll get painting!

Did we have actual deadbeats or are there just a few slow santas?

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391