As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny] Ours is the Light that illuminates the Dark Below! Hard Mode Crota's End awaits!

• DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    poking your head out without dying when there's 2 wizards and omnigul in the final room and you haven't got anyone to split their fire must have been a lot of fun

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Man, this game. I tell myself, last game, then I'm shelving Bad Juju. Proceed to decimate the enemy team in Crucible with that same gun. I guess it isn't ready to be shelved.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Nightfall this week is Valus Ta'aurc (Cerberus Vae III)
    • Lightswitch
    • Angry
    • Juggler

No burn

Heroic is Lightswitch.

Muffinatron on
    PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    That is a godawful nightfall

• caligynefobcaligynefob DKRegistered User regular
    Hahahahaha, angry and lightswitch on a cabal nightfall without burn... Yeah fuck off.

I honestly don't think Bungie knows how to make the game fun, all the fun is almost despite of the stupid decisions they make. Seriously.. No burn on a nightfall.

PS4 - Mrfuzzyhat
  • FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Ugh.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    I had a feeling it was going to be that. I had no idea it would be without a burn.

Fuck you, Bungie.

edited January 2015
    Could be worse, could be Winter's Run (Archon Priest).

Which it will be next week. *Shudder*

Edit:
    Someone on reddit found a new cheese spot for Valus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR7QqEbCjvU

May try that when I take my Hunter and Titan round that Nightfall later.

Muffinatron on
  • Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    Yay! Plan C from a Crota Chest! That's 7000 glimmer and two exotic shards saved (because I can now scrap my old one)

And congrats to Muffinatron on turning (level) 32!

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Bungie is making me reevaluate my interest in the game on a weekly basis these past weeks, no burn on the nightfall? Fuck off.

• CormacCormac Registered User regular
    No burn and juggler on what might be the bullet spongiest boss in the game? Yeah, I think I'll only be doing the nightfall and skipping the weekly again. The nightfall is still going to be an awful goddamn slog though.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • OgotaiOgotai Registered User regular
    Gjallarhorn from my first crota chest today, So finally got one of the last 2 exotics I want. Also first time getting an exotic from that chest. Then next character gets No Land Beyond, passed on that with xur, so guess that's ok.

• jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Cormac wrote: »
    No burn and juggler on what might be the bullet spongiest boss in the game? Yeah, I think I'll only be doing the nightfall and skipping the weekly again. The nightfall is still going to be an awful goddamn slog though.

Normally I'd do the same but I need coins. I have zero currently.

EDIT: LIES! I have one.

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular
    • Lightswitch
    • Angry
    • Juggler

No burn

Heroic is Lightswitch.

Wow, seriously, no burn? Is that a first? I can't remember a nightfall without a burn damage and it's made worst with this sponge boss.

jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
  • CormacCormac Registered User regular
    There have been a few without burns. One of which was Cerberus Vae III from early November. I vaguely recall there being a Nexus or Summoning Pits without a burn too.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Guibs wrote: »
    • Lightswitch
    • Angry
    • Juggler

No burn

Heroic is Lightswitch.

Wow, seriously, no burn? Is that a first? I can't remember a nightfall without a burn damage and it's made worst with this sponge boss.

I think they did it once previously. It was painful and tedious. It may have been on this same boss fight.
    Fuck it. If they want to go ahead and make this a slog, I'm using the cheese spot. Ice breaker. Apply directly to the forehead.

• DajoranDajoran Registered User regular
    Nope - week 9 had the same strike, no burn.

People had an interesting theory that there was a cycle that would be followed for nightfall&burn, but it was skewed by the arrival of Omegle Omnigul. Orignal cycle below:

Spoilered due to image size:
    4tJEKOy.png

• ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    Nothing says "fuck you" quite so much as soloing most of the nightfall only for the game to give the guy who drops in for the boss the icebreaker. Especially when I get some piece of shit hmg that makes SGA look accurate for all that work.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    Haha. Noooooope. Only raiding this week. I have zero desire to bash my head against that nightfall.

• Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    Anyone nightfalling right now on ps4? This is Ubeltanzer.

PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    In much more positive news, I've been playing a lot of crucible as of late.
    My normal running crew was just my friend (LAJudoka on PSN. Some of you may have played with us before) and we had middling success at best with PUGs.
    Recently @Schlagholzer‌ has joined us on our exploits and we have been doing a pretty good job of rocking faces on skirmish.
    Usually the first match or two after a several day break is not super great, but then we have matches like these:

Managed to get over a 6.0 on K/D!
    Kept the enemy team's total under 2k

Anyway, not all of it is super memorable score-wise, but it's nice to have a small group that you work really well with!

• M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    • Lightswitch
    • Angry
    • Juggler

No burn

Heroic is Lightswitch.

I did this a few hours ago.

It was not fun.

• Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    I'm not sure if I will do this week's nightfall either. I have all Titan exotics except for the Glasshouse, and I'm in no hurry to pick that one up. Otherwise, every exotic weapon or gear that i want, I already have, save the Mythoclast.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    That is a godawful nightfall

Angry Cabal: Because we care.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    I have around 50 coins and a little self-respect.

Probably not going to bother with the Weekly/Nightfall. More time for raiding?

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    I have around 50 coins and a little self-respect.

Probably not going to bother with the Weekly/Nightfall. More time for raiding?

Careful; not doing the nightfalls when they're terrible is one of the first steps along the path to Destiny detoxification. :P

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    edited January 2015
    Dajoran wrote: »
    Nope - week 9 had the same strike, no burn.

People had an interesting theory that there was a cycle that would be followed for nightfall&burn, but it was skewed by the arrival of Omegle Omnigul. Orignal cycle below:

Spoilered due to image size:
    4tJEKOy.png

I think that cycle seems to be holding but with the omnigul strike inserted between nexus and Cerberus Vae. Arc burn version after the solar nexus and Solar burn version after the void nexus.

I kinda wish they'd make it properly random as well as platform independent to get the PS exclusives into the rotation, though I can't imagine what a horror show undying mind would be with angry and burn. That stairs section would be the stuff of nightmares.

Muffinatron on
  • FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    M-Vickers wrote: »
    • Lightswitch
    • Angry
    • Juggler

No burn

Heroic is Lightswitch.

I did this a few hours ago.

It was not fun.

Did you get 8 coins like I did? Cuz that happened. I was not amused.

• Trojan35Trojan35 I want Too Human 2. Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Valus with no burns, angry, and lightswitch? I really hope they make it even MORE fun next time... double the HP and give every enemy 3 different layered shields with recharge time similar to a captain in a public event. And completing it should not award anything except motes of light.

Trojan35 on
    The crappy thing about that is that valus himself isn't really super DIFFICULT. It's just a matter of going through seven full sets of ammo for all of your weapons to kill him.
    Like how is that fun?

• zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    • Lightswitch
    • Angry
    • Juggler

No burn

Heroic is Lightswitch.

Ugh... It's going to be one of those "I can't believe I do this willingly" weeks

• sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm sure I'll have some idea of what all of you are talking about at some point. Well, I'm uploading a vid so I have time to kill. TO THE WIKI-MOBILE!

Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    sPider817 wrote: »
    I'm sure I'll have some idea of what all of you are talking about at some point. Well, I'm uploading a vid so I have time to kill. TO THE WIKI-MOBILE!

What part would you like explanation on?

We are here to give answer!

• Gilbert0Gilbert0 North of SeattleRegistered User regular
    Boots, Boots everywhere. Only had the game since Christmas (PS3) and only up to level 25 currently. Had my second legendary armor drop. A second pair of legendary boots :sad: . Just a few more bounties (to get some commendations) and I can buy my way to around 27. Then on to some raids.

If anyone is PS3 (psn: wesgilbert) still, hit me up. I bounty, strike/soon to raid.

• morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

If they really wanted to show gratitude, they'd let me reforge my goddamn iron banner weapons to higher damage levels. And they'd start selling the chestpiece and helm.

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything
  • YerMumYerMum Registered User regular
    Great, a new spaceship

Rugged individualist
    Destiny Profile : http://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/254/7028016
  • ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    I wouldn't mind if they allowed re-rolling on pretty much every weapon in the game (maybe exotics should be exempt from re-rolling). Perks are what make a gun feel unique, and the super-random care package system is disappointing.

I have little use for marks (Helium Filaments).

I have zero use for commendations.

I have little use for strange coins (I will eventually get all my exotics; heavy ammo synths are best).

I have little use for motes of light (engrambling).

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • MonkeyConQuesoMonkeyConQueso No more MH Claw Happy handsRegistered User regular
    YerMum wrote: »
    Great, a new spaceship

That's what I'm thinking. But I await to be surprised (let down?)

PSN : Aubvry ;; WiiU/XBL/Steam : MonkeyConQueso ;; 3DS FC : 4553-9982-3786
    Destiny! : Warlock - Titan - Hunter
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I was hoping for a Ghost shell, but probably.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter