As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny] Ours is the Light that illuminates the Dark Below! Hard Mode Crota's End awaits!

• MonkeyConQuesoMonkeyConQueso No more MH Claw Happy handsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    A Ghost Shell would surprise the hell out of me, but I would rather like one.

E: Terrible TotP is Terrible

In other news, Red Death decided to become a new member of the family.

MonkeyConQueso on
    PSN : Aubvry ;; WiiU/XBL/Steam : MonkeyConQueso ;; 3DS FC : 4553-9982-3786
    Destiny! : Warlock - Titan - Hunter
  • CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    The L is capitalized, it's going to be one or a few legendary engrams. I mean, that seems a little obvious.

• sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    sPider817 wrote: »
    I'm sure I'll have some idea of what all of you are talking about at some point. Well, I'm uploading a vid so I have time to kill. TO THE WIKI-MOBILE!

What part would you like explanation on?

We are here to give answer!

It was just the seemingly random words that were being applied to I guess the weekly missions. Then I remembered it's Bungie and they're probably skull modifiers like in Halo. I'm still in the first parts of the "story" and haven't even touched a Strike mission. I really hate grouping with randoms in any game, so I'm hoping I can bypass the forced co-op until I'm high enough level to join in on stuff with PA.

Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    I'm sure I'll have some idea of what all of you are talking about at some point. Well, I'm uploading a vid so I have time to kill. TO THE WIKI-MOBILE!

What part would you like explanation on?

We are here to give answer!

It was just the seemingly random words that were being applied to I guess the weekly missions. Then I remembered it's Bungie and they're probably skull modifiers like in Halo. I'm still in the first parts of the "story" and haven't even touched a Strike mission. I really hate grouping with randoms in any game, so I'm hoping I can bypass the forced co-op until I'm high enough level to join in on stuff with PA.

Stuff like Angry, Heroic, Lightswitch, Burn and that? Yeah they're modifiers. Angry means enemies don't stagger at all, Heroic I think means more enemies who are harder bastards too, Lightswitch gives all enemy melee a super boost (but not your own, I believe?) while Burn ups the damage of a particular type to 300% for both yourself and enemies (Arc, Solar, or Void).

edit: forgot Juggler, which means Ghost is constantly playing Insane Clown Posse.
    And ammo doesn't drop for the weapon you're currently using, so you have to keep swapping.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Angry --> Minions of the Darkness won't flinch, even after massive damage.
    Arc Burn --> Arc Damage from any source is greatly increased.
    Epic --> Heavily shielded and highly aggressive enemies appear in great numbers.
    Heroic --> Enemies appear in greater numbers and are more aggressive.
    Juggler --> No ammo drops for your equipped weapon.
    Lightswitch --> Minions of the Darkness deal much more melee damage.
    Nightfall --> If all players die, the fireteam will be returned to orbit.
    Solar Burn --> Solar Damage from any source is greatly increased.
    Void Burn --> Void Damage from any source is greatly increased.

Burns equate to about a 300% increase in damage dealt and recieved.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    When they're listed out like that it just reminds me what a goddamn wet fart the modifier system is.

What happened to stuff like the Black Eye, Tough Luck/Whupapotamus, Fog, Catch, Sputnik, and so on

Skulls that actually had interesting effects beyond "well now this enemy will do triple damage"

• sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Like, where's the equivalent of the IWHBYD skull? I want characters yelling goofy stuff at me like "That was my cousin!"

Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Like, they've said before that people replaying Halo levels over and over again was kind of their original impetus for Destiny.

Leaving out the fact that the missions in Halo were frequently more interesting and fun to replay, you would think that a robust mission modifier system would be one of the very first things they worked on so that you could play these missions over and over again and they would feel different with different sets of modifiers.

And much like the skulls in Halo provided score modifiers, you could just have the skulls in Destiny provide experience and glimmer modifiers or something.

• darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    I'm only speaking for myself here, I've no idea how it goes for anyone else, but I've replayed Destiny's levels so many more times that any from a Halo game. They got that part right, as far as I'm concerned.

forumsig.png
    That seems crazy to me.

Like I've gone back through levels to kill a named dude for a bounty, but there is such an absolute dearth of interesting set pieces that I usually just run past all the enemies to get to the end as quickly as possible.

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    A better picture of the leaked plans for further DLC and Expansion

eyD9lVM-noscale.jpg

• Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    I'd imagine the vex one is probably going to be the Citadel. That elevator in the juncture has to go somewhere, and I doubt we're getting any mercury stuff for a while.

Oh, I guess people have technically bypassed it to get to the terminus already.

Alucard6986 on
    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    I'd imagine the vex one is probably going to be the Citadel. That elevator in the juncture has to go somewhere, and I doubt we're getting any mercury stuff for a while.

Oh, I guess people have technically bypassed it to get to the terminus already.

That's actually going to be used in House of Wolves. Apparently the Wolf Kell (a new one?) is hiding out in the Citadel.

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I would very much like a grunt birthday party modifier to turn on at my own leisure. It would be awesome if you could turn it on for all of the missions you have to replay and everyone is wearing silly hats and confetti comes out when you headshot them and such. Yup.

I wonder if Oryx is going to be the endboss in Plague of Darkness.

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    darleysam wrote: »
    I'm only speaking for myself here, I've no idea how it goes for anyone else, but I've replayed Destiny's levels so many more times that any from a Halo game. They got that part right, as far as I'm concerned.

The real question is why did you replay them over and over?

I've played a ton of the Halo campaign without getting anything out of it. Those missions are just plain fun. Master Chief Collection with its skulls and scoring and time leaderboards and dozens of other challenge achievements give me even more excuses to play through those levels again. I'm always up for tooling around in a warthog in Halo 1 or taking out scarabs in Halo 3.

I've certainly never replayed a Destiny level unless it was for a bounty or other reward. They just aren't that fun or interesting and certainly don't have the same scope and variety of a Halo campaign.

vq2TEKC.png
  • HaximusHaximus Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    @Hiryu02‌ @Evil Monkey@Iron Weasel@shoeboxjeddy‌

This is what I have to say to my raid crew for the nightfall

http://youtu.be/skbI909g0h4

signed @Haximus‌

Haximus on

Haximus.jpg
    Vagabond wrote: »

Knowing Bungie its probably a legendary class item.

edited January 2015
    Sirialis wrote: »

eyD9lVM-noscale.jpg

So they're continuing with the same size for the "episodes", huh?

That is... a little bit disappointing

EDIT: Oh hey just noticed they're adding in the third subclass with the big expansion

Maddoc on
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    I love you too Cota chest - Ballerhorn got!

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    So, the Nightfall was a huge bust, but the first Crota chest gave thiiiiiiiiis:

10838080_10152472152567167_2033992711256010719_o.jpg

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
    edited January 2015
    If I were a real cynic I'd notice that House of Wolves only has a single strike and that Bungie has said PS gets an exclusive strike each time.

Sirialis on
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    In my nightfall, the other two guys got Gjallerharrrn and Radiant Dance Macheens. I got 5 coins :/

• CormacCormac Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    I really hope they add something else/more between March and September because I don't think I can keep up that grind for more than a month or two. Not that there's anything wrong with taking a break from the game until new content comes out, but it's telling that after just about a month since the TDB my interest in playing nightly is starting to wane.

That said, I may have put myself in this position by playing too much over the holidays because I didn't have much else to do. Getting a Titan to 31 in the space of a week might not have been the smartest idea but I had a hell of a lot of fun doing it.

Cormac on
    Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • DarkythDarkyth WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Cormac wrote: »
    I really hope they add something else/more between March and September because I don't think I can keep up that grind for more than a month or two. Not that there's anything wrong with taking a break from the game until new content comes out, but it's telling that after just about a month since the TDB my interest in playing nightly is starting to wane.

Don't worry, Bloodborne and Witcher 3 will be coming out between March and September. :)

Darkyth on
    Steam: Darkith | PSN: Darkyth | Destiny | NNID: Darkith | XBL: Darkyth
  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    zllehs wrote: »
    That is... a little bit disappointing

EDIT: Oh hey just noticed they're adding in the third subclass with the big expansion

On the original blurry low rez one it clearly says 'new player weapon classes' rather than 'new player subclasses' so don't get your hopes up (if this is even real)

10625100_772226842843549_1472746093802035020_n.jpg

Wassermelone on
  • SqueezeSqueeze Registered User regular
    New thread title? Crota makes us horny? I'm just glad people are finally getting the best exotic. The envy was nice, but the easy clears will bve nicer. :)

edited January 2015
    Sirialis wrote: »

eyD9lVM-noscale.jpg

Just noting that this was made by some dude based on what he thinks he sees in that blurry photo. In some cases it is blatantly wrong.

EDIT: For instance, that whole last section seems wrong. First one looks more like "New Player Builds" (which could mean new subclasses), "New Player Weapon Classes" and "Base Level [Obscured, although probably "Cap" or "Max"]"

Vagabond on
    vq2TEKC.png
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    I'm thinking a level 30 Val T'ark and no burn makes this a pretty good week to sit out Nightfalls.

I was kind of on the edge of burnout anyway, I think.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Crota thinks I got enough good luck out of that first chest two weeks ago when I snagged a Monte Carlo. Last week I got Energy from two of them, shards and another Titan class item from the third. This week I got all energy and the Warlock class bond. Then the Nightfall kicked me in the teeth with 8 coins. To top that off, I did it on the "wrong" character. I really shouldn't go through the fucking thing again, but because I need the rep boost on my new main, I need to do the NF at least once more. Le sigh.

Agreed on dwindling interest, though. Unless I get nothing but shards from Crota's End runs on my three characters, I'll need to hit rank 4 to do some energy swapping so as to get enough to upgrade my raid set. I'm a little over halfway through rank 3 right now. With the NF bonus, I should hit rank 4 by Saturday.

I will have nothing else to do but pray to RNG for Ballerhorn/Hawkmoon and/or run the Hard raid. I don't care about the Hard mode primaries, though.

Come oooooooon Queen's Wrath 2.0!

New player guilds doesn't make much sense anyway, so I'll choose to believe "new player build" means subclasses because I want an Arc subclass for Warlock.

And yeah that does look like new player weapon classes, and also the "running total" at the end is a double digit number, could be twelve.

• CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    Squeeze wrote: »
    New thread title? Crota makes us horny? I'm just glad people are finally getting the best exotic. The envy was nice, but the easy clears will bve nicer. :)
    That goes under the list of "names of threads that should never be."

Also I've seen so many Gjallarhorns drop in the past couple days that I'm calling it right now

Gjallarhorn on Xur this weekend

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    @Hiryu02‌ that was some great stuff! Thank you for sharing it.

• Trojan35Trojan35 I want Too Human 2. Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    I hope they're not calling their shallow factions Player Guilds. That would make them word criminals.

Trojan35 on
  • zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Also I've seen so many Gjallarhorns drop in the past couple days that I'm calling it right now

Oh god yes please so I can stop doing VOG hard

• Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »

I hope so, I might finally be able to get one.

Mixed night myself. Managed to get my 31 Warlock to rank 3 with Eris so I was finally able to upgrade Murmur and Husk of the Pit and also managed to max out my Croata MG. Along with the Croata chest and Hive gloves from Eris she's pretty Hive'd out right now.

The bad was I tried to do some work on the Thorn bounty after having it sit at 226/500 for weeks. After two games I'm down almost 100 points from where I started. So I guess I'm just never gonna an exotic hand cannon ... :(

• CelianCelian Registered User regular
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    I'm thinking a level 30 Val T'ark and no burn makes this a pretty good week to sit out Nightfalls.

I was kind of on the edge of burnout anyway, I think.

Lets just get 3 quick 35 minutes Crota raids tonight and call it a week. :twisted:

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
    edited January 2015
    I was standing around in the tower and a 5 man team invites me for Crota I guess, I look at their profile names and levels and it looks fi- Wait, the leader is called xXxsnipezzxXx or some shit and is only level 27? Yeah, fuck that.

Do we have a date on when Hard Mode Crota's End is being opened?

Sirialis on