As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Ours is the Light that illuminates the Dark Below! Hard Mode Crota's End awaits!

• Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Yeah, anything that might actually be interesting story wise isn't actually in the game.

FuriousJodo on
    FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    sPider817 wrote: »
    Reading through the thread and remembering everyone telling me how little story there is. All I know about the game so far is "You were dead, now you're a space wizard. Here's a gun, go kill those guys, take their things, and scan their computers."

And don't forget to collect their eyes!

Their EYES! I NEED THEIR EYES!

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    Sifting through a 10 hour saved stream to create what may become my 15 minutes of viral fame...update to follow ;)

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    Just poking through the Grimoire... plotting my way to overhauling @Corporal Carl‌'s Grimoire score.

Has anyone else noticed that the grimoire card for the Eyes of Crota shows an Ogre?

Pretty sure they were acolytes or am I remembering incorrectly?

• Options
    SqueezeSqueeze Registered User regular
    This game never ceases to try and get me hooked on scout rifles and machine guns. They populate the VAST majority of my weapon drops. I have broken down more of these weapons than I have ever gotten any other type to drop. It's not like I even hate them. They simply aren't my preferred weapon choice. I have gotten ONE hand cannon of legendary quality to ever drop. I have personally witnessed four people get Hawkmoon, and I can't even get a fatebringer. Guardians, what can I do?

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Just poking through the Grimoire... plotting my way to overhauling @Corporal Carl‌'s Grimoire score.

Has anyone else noticed that the grimoire card for the Eyes of Crota shows an Ogre?

I did! And I posted it to the b.net forums.

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Huh. So I thought I got eight Strange Coins from the NF this morning.

It was worse.

I got eight Ascendant Shards.

• Options
    MonkeyConQuesoMonkeyConQueso No more MH Claw Happy handsRegistered User regular
    I... finally... made... it..... I'm at the last bit after the tank if anyone wants to join me to down Valus in the Nightmare weekly.

Killing that tank took... a lot of grenades. I have shitty rocket launchers, so I had to make do with Thorn and grenades :pop:

PSN : Aubvry ;; WiiU/XBL/Steam : MonkeyConQueso ;; 3DS FC : 4553-9982-3786
    Destiny! : Warlock - Titan - Hunter
  • Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    jefe414 wrote: »
    SO what I have read regarding people datamining damage, it seems once you're the same level as the enemy it caps (like assuming maxed weapon attack, you do the same damage to a level 30 while you are 30 or 31). Is there value in being over leveled? Like, do you take less damage from 30 if you're 31?

There is a reduction in your damage output against PVE enemies that are a higher level than you. 1 level = ~30% less, 2 = ~40%, 3 = ~50%. If you are 4 or more levels below the enemy you do no damage. There is no increase in damage output against enemies at the same or lower level than you. At level 31 you will do 100% damage to a level 31 enemy and you will do 100% damage to a level 2 enemy, even though the actual damage numbers aren't the same. Weapons do a base level of damage against level 1 enemies. That damage goes up 7% per enemy level until you reach the weapon's damage cap where the level = attack / 15. So a 300 attack weapon will hit its damage cap at level 20 enemies, a 331 attack weapon will do max damage against level 22 enemies. But due to those extra levels of damage scaling, a 331 attack weapon will do 14% more damage than a 300 attack weapon and 30% more damage than a 267 attack weapon against level 22+ enemies.

Enemies higher level than you do hit harder. So it does help to be at least even level with them. Enemies lower level than you may have a damage reduction against you, but given that level 2 enemies still hurt even at level 31, I don't think it's that much and it probably caps after a few levels.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    CleveraliasCleveralias Registered User regular
    About to do the daily on the xbone if anyone cares to join. Would love help for nightfall/weeky

jpg.jpg
    XBox360/One/Steam - Cleveralias
    PSN - The_Vandingo
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

It's the Eyes from the end of the Urn quest line. Not the ones that are part of the main Eris questline.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options

It's the Eyes from the end of the Urn quest line. Not the ones that are part of the main Eris questline.

No, they're the 'Forsaken', they're listed under a separate grimoire card.

Still an ogre, but framed at a jaunty designer angle.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

No, they're the 'Forsaken', they're listed under a separate grimoire card.

Still an ogre, but framed at a jaunty designer angle.

I guess she just wanted the Forsaken's little e eyes then?

I don't know. I kinda stopped listening to her screeching.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    MonkeyConQuesoMonkeyConQueso No more MH Claw Happy handsRegistered User regular
    Thanks to AngryPuppyEsq joining up and carrying me through Valus, we both have now completed that horrible Nightmare run.

Legendary Shotgun for him, and a Legendary Rocket launcher for me. Better than shards or coins, I'll take it!

PSN : Aubvry ;; WiiU/XBL/Steam : MonkeyConQueso ;; 3DS FC : 4553-9982-3786
    Destiny! : Warlock - Titan - Hunter
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I got shards from the nightfall. Many thanks to Squeeze for doing most of the work. I need a better auto rifle or a scout rifle or even a pulse rifle. Something with range. The Last Word is awesome, but it pushes me to be even more aggressive and reckless, which doesn't work so well with most nightfall or weeklies.

• Options
    CelianCelian Registered User regular
    Well, I decided to do a more precise timing of our group's Crota runs using a stopwatch. Not sure why, maybe add some fun?

First: 38 mins 12 secs 79 ms
    Second: 37 mins 19 secs 47 ms

We did a stupid wipe in the first one, so technically we could've been a lot faster there. Guess we have something to work on for the 3rd run.

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Do you play on ps4? I am trying to find a raid group. I've never done the new raid

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Celian wrote: »
    Well, I decided to do a more precise timing of our group's Crota runs using a stopwatch. Not sure why, maybe add some fun?

We did a stupid wipe in the first one, so technically we could've been a lot faster there. Guess we have something to work on for the 3rd run.
    We also wiped on the bridge the first run. So we can get that time down significantly on a clean run.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    With a little practice you guys may even clear it almost as fast as they one guy did solo.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    EvangirEvangir Registered User regular
    Anyone looking to run Nightfall a couple of times tonight on PS4?

PSN/XBL/STEAM: Evangir - Starcraft 2: Bulwark.955 - Origin: Bulwark955 - Diablo 3: Bulwark#1478
  • Options
    CelianCelian Registered User regular
    With a little practice you guys may even clear it almost as fast as they one guy did solo.

When we decide to spend our shards to hit level 32, then we'll give it the good ol' college try.

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular

When we decide to spend our shards to hit level 32, then we'll give it the good ol' college try.
    We could also probably cut the giant robot-related chatter and drop Crota in 3 tries instead of 5.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    If anyone is up for some jackbox games ill be starting a stream momentarily

Twitch.tv/the_road_virus

• Options
    cr0wcr0w Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Would anyone consider letting me take my 28 Titan along for a nightfall? Already did it on my 31.

• Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular

I have enough shards to upgrade both my raid gauntlets and helmet, so, yeah, I'll be 32 before Thursday. Just need to level up the helmet.

PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Vagabond wrote: »

I did! And I posted it to the b.net forums.

The one and only reply you got over there tells a person everything they ever need to know about official forums.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Squeeze wrote: »
    This game never ceases to try and get me hooked on scout rifles and machine guns. They populate the VAST majority of my weapon drops. I have broken down more of these weapons than I have ever gotten any other type to drop. It's not like I even hate them. They simply aren't my preferred weapon choice. I have gotten ONE hand cannon of legendary quality to ever drop. I have personally witnessed four people get Hawkmoon, and I can't even get a fatebringer. Guardians, what can I do?

You and I, we have the same problem. We love that which we cannot have.

Come on in, let's get that wet coat off of you. I'll pour you a drink.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    cr0wcr0w Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Black Hammer AND Song of Ir Yut tonight. Yesssssss.

• Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    I use DestinyTracker to see where the missing points are; some things are a bit dodgy, like saying you don't have a basic card or what, but my nearest point upgrades are something of:
    - 400 pulse rifle kills for rank 3
    - 900 sniper rifle kills for rank 3
    - A few hundred shotgun kills for rank 3
    - 13 kills as a hunter in the Crucible
    - some 100-150? Kill as a Titan in the Crucible
    - Loads of kill a hunter/Titan/warlock in the Crucible
    - It seems I might get to the 125 kills of Ogres one day soon
    - Though 125 Hydras is still far away
    - And those are only rank 2, rank 3 is 250 kills? That may happen somewhere next year or so...
    - I still need to win loads of Skirmishes and Salvages, and a bit of Clashes
    - But Rumbles? Hahahahaha...hahaha...ha...sigh

Maybe we should team up for the Salvage one when salvage is around ;-)

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    CorbiusCorbius Shepard Registered User regular
    I'm down for some weeklies or nightfall action on ps4 pm me psn Corbius

wrexsig1.jpg
    PSN: Corbius
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    I actually won two Rumbles yesterday. Maybe Found Verdict IS good...

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Team Cold Nuggets just knocked out back-to-back Crota kills in a combined time just under 87 minutes. Way to go, team!

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I use DestinyTracker to see where the missing points are; some things are a bit dodgy, like saying you don't have a basic card or what, but my nearest point upgrades are something of:
    - 400 pulse rifle kills for rank 3
    - 900 sniper rifle kills for rank 3
    - A few hundred shotgun kills for rank 3
    - 13 kills as a hunter in the Crucible
    - some 100-150? Kill as a Titan in the Crucible
    - Loads of kill a hunter/Titan/warlock in the Crucible
    - It seems I might get to the 125 kills of Ogres one day soon
    - Though 125 Hydras is still far away
    - And those are only rank 2, rank 3 is 250 kills? That may happen somewhere next year or so...
    - I still need to win loads of Skirmishes and Salvages, and a bit of Clashes
    - But Rumbles? Hahahahaha...hahaha...ha...sigh

Maybe we should team up for the Salvage one when salvage is around ;-)

I've got good news for you Salvage is around. It's one of the DLC playlists this week.

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Got a Hawkmoon tonight in the Crucible! Yay! And I love it! Can't wait to level it.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Got a Monte Carlo from a blue engram. That or I'm crazy.

FuriousJodo on
    FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Got our Crota clear in mere minutes before PSN took a giant steaming network dump, hooray!

And yet, it was just another week of shards and energy, booooo.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Team Cold Nuggets just knocked out back-to-back Crota kills in a combined time just under 87 minutes. Way to go, team!

If everything goes well tomorrow, I should be able to hit 32 on the Titan as well as max out one or more raid weapons, depending on leftover mats.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Crazy thought regarding the cabal. Maybe they can't leave mars? I mean there tech is pretty "mundane" compared to say the vex or hive, and all we ever see of their Air Force are those little dropships. I mean despite having an "exclusion zone" it's entirely ground based, we never see a cabal starship of any kind, and we get to see mars from space everytime we load the planet.

There is also that grimoire card where Rasputin bombs them from space, and the bases they have on mars must of taken significant time to build. Maybe they turned up, invaded, got their ships destroyed by warsats and Rasputin and are now stuck?

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Norgoth wrote: »
    Crazy thought regarding the cabal. Maybe they can't leave mars? I mean there tech is pretty "mundane" compared to say the vex or hive, and all we ever see of their Air Force are those little dropships. I mean despite having an "exclusion zone" it's entirely ground based, we never see a cabal starship of any kind, and we get to see mars from space everytime we load the planet.

There is also that grimoire card where Rasputin bombs them from space, and the bases they have on mars must of taken significant time to build. Maybe they turned up, invaded, got their ships destroyed by warsats and Rasputin and are now stuck?

If you look up at the sky on Bastion you can clearly see the Cabal Space forces.

That, and when you kill Valus the Vanguard mentions that more Cabal will arrive to take his place.

Imo, while I can't speak for alien logic, human understanding on war is that its foolish to start another fight when you haven't finish the first. Cabal show up on Mars, fight the Vex and Guardians. Like, if they can't hold one planet why try to take more?

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    The Arach sent me Revenant in the post. It looks hugely evil on my titan's raid gear.

My life is 1/3rd complete.