As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX South Fancy Dinner 2015 Inaugural - Even the Dessert has Guacamole

spool32spool32 Contrary LibraryRegistered User regular
edited January 2015 in Debate and/or Discourse
Hello! It is only 23 days to PAX South 2015, happening in San Antonio, Texas on January 23rd-25th. That means it's high time we get a thread going to find a place where we can put on our tallest cowboy hats, shiniest boots, and largest silver-adorned belt buckles to dine and drink in Texas style.

If you're in the area and not sure whether you want to come, tickets for PAX on Friday and Sunday are still available!

More importantly, if you're not sure whether you want to come, what is wrong with you. Come join us for dinner and drinks! Everyone's welcome! It'll be a hoot 'n a holler.

The Date: Saturday, Jan 24th @8PM
The Venue:

Guadalajara Grill
http://www.guadalajaragrill.us/home
Slide-show.jpg
Guadalajara hits all the marks for great quality Mexican - it's local, it's authentic, and it's made with fresh ingredients. It's practically across the street from the Convention Center, in a historic building. The food will be a combination of traditional tex-mex and Mexican interior... rest assured, there will be guacamole. Private dining will be available on the 2nd floor. Fajitas and enchiladas might seem a little too casual for those of you not used to eating Mexican food in a fine-dining environment, but I think you will be be pleasantly surprised.

The Menu
Appetizers
Guacamole – freshly prepared
and
Individual Assorted Nachos

Main Course
Fajitas - Comes on sizzling platter, served with rice, beans, tortillas,guacamole, sour cream & pico de gallo. Choice of Chicken, Veggie, Beef, Combo (chicken/beef).
or
Tilapia Guadalajara – Grilled with lemon & pepper, served with rice and avocado salad.
or
Chili Rellenos (cheese) - sides pending

Dessert
Caramel Flan
or
Sopapillas with Vanilla Ice Cream

Iced Tea, Soft Drinks, Coffee

The Price
$55/person incl. tax and tip

Price Does Not Include Alcohol

We are confirmed for 17 ppl but there is room for a few more, if we have late additions. Please let me know ASAP!

Take a couple of days to think over the menu choices and I'll let everyone know how we need that info collected.

See you in a few days!

spool32 on

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    List of Attendees and their Venue Vote:

spool32 and Belasco32 - leaning toward Guadalajara but we will be happy with either!
    redx - Guadalajara also flexible!
    ludious and chelleyeah - Boudro's
    Delmain - Guadalajara
    TehSloth - Guadalajara
    Aioua - Guadalajara
    Fuzzy CC +1
    kaleedity
    onthelastcastle +1
    Lord & Lady Palington - Guadalajara
    joshofalltrades +1

spool32 on
  • redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    RSVP!

Not picky about venue. Guadalajara?

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Oh man

Boudro's

hgmghgmmmmffmmmll . . . .

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    @Chellyeah and I are in. I vote for Boudro's but who has the best ranch dressing

• DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Wait, what is this BS. Atomika has an opinion but isn't coming? B.S.

I vote Guadalajara as well.

@TehSloth ?

doot doot who else is coming to South?

• TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    I'm in -- I'll vote Guadalajara but I'm pretty open.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    oh gosh oh gosh
    im swamped with work so I can't do a PAX )))):

BUT I COULD DEF DRIVE UP TO THE DINNER
    Let me see if this will work out.

I'll be back in the thread in a few.

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    In. You all will finally have to see my dumb face.

I guess Guadalajara.

How fancy is fancy in texas? I'm from Seattle, I have a hard time not wearing flip-flops.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
    I'm from Florida. You can not wear sandals more than I do.

Delmain wrote: »

I literally wear them in the snow.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    Aioua wrote: »
    In. You all will finally have to see my dumb face.

I guess Guadalajara.

How fancy is fancy in texas? I'm from Seattle, I have a hard time not wearing flip-flops.

As long as you don't wear a damned utilikilt I think you'll be OK?

Closed-toed shoes are required if you identify as a man.

• ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    bringing my best southern accent EVUR!

I post Makeup stuff and Schnauzers on instagram.

Ludious wrote: »
    I react like a dyslexic crash test dummy. Hit the wall then the brakes.
    Aioua wrote: »

I literally wear them in the snow.

I have pictures of me at ePAX in the snow in Boston in flip-flops.

It doesn't snow here.

Who else is coming to South? Poking this thread to keep it alive, since it's not as well known that we're doing anything :)

spool32 wrote: »
    Who else is coming to South? Poking this thread to keep it alive, since it's not as well known that we're doing anything :)

I'm trying to get a couple of my friends to join in. :D

@Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud‌ confirm already!

Other PAX goers? This thread is invisible under the announcement unless I keep poking it. If you know anybody in D&D who's joining us, please direct them over here!

I need to lock down numbers by Monday of next week. :)

• kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Fuck it, I'll do this.

I abstain from voting. I go where the locals or semilocals go.

kaleedity on
  • ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    Got the time off, wheee!

@OnTheLastCastle‌ are you in?

woo!

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I'm going to be at PAX, but I am not yet sure if I'll be able to commit to this dinner. I made promises regarding the first ever SE++ PAX South group photo.

You wouldn't want me there anyway, I'm a friggin' lefty and I would just bump elbows with you when you're trying to engorge your maws on fancy foodstuffs.

I'm going to be at PAX, but I am not yet sure if I'll be able to commit to this dinner. I made promises regarding the first ever SE++ PAX South group photo.

You wouldn't want me there anyway, I'm a friggin' lefty and I would just bump elbows with you when you're trying to engorge your maws on fancy foodstuffs.

Aww, spool's lefter than most congressional democrats.

Come. Dooo eeeeet.

I'm fairly certain josh there is claiming to be a southpaw

edited January 2015

Well duh, this is not the pax east dinner.

Edit: wait he has a kid? IDGI I'm so confused.

redx on
  • DolarrahDolarrah New JerseyRegistered User regular
    Any update on location or pricing, I have up to 8 possible attendees in the wings, but was waiting in the wings to see pricing and location and what the deal was.

:redface:

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I meant left-handed.

But I can totally see how someone would interpret my post that way!

Dolarrah wrote: »
    Any update on location or pricing, I have up to 8 possible attendees in the wings, but was waiting in the wings to see pricing and location and what the deal was.

This would almost double our attendance and affect pricing and location both. Have those people post their opinion in the thread!

edited January 2015

liberals and left-handed types welcome, please do commit and join us!

spool32 on

also... you are aware this is the pax SOUTH (texas) thread right? @Dolarrah‌ ? just making sure

• PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular

liberals and left-handed types welcome, please do commit and join us!

Ned-flanders.jpg
    Homerhippie.jpg

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    @OnTheLastCastle‌ are you in?

woo!

Yes, please RSVP myself and +1. I might have another too, but we'll see.

@spool32‌

Yesss good news OTLC!

@Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud‌ did you hear back? Did the guilt trip work?

also @joshofalltrades‌ please refer to the OP specifically paragraph three in which I judge you harshly for not attending.

I'll have an answer for you by this weekend, I think

So, like the thing I never got about lefties: can they take lexapro, or do they have to use twice as much citalopram.

• DolarrahDolarrah New JerseyRegistered User regular

This would almost double our attendance and affect pricing and location both. Have those people post their opinion in the thread!

My Wife, My daughter, Her Boy Friend and his sister, and 3 friends from Texas. None are forum people per sae. so no opinions other then they want to know where and how much.

My Wife, My daughter, Her Boy Friend and his sister, and 3 friends from Texas. None are forum people per sae. so no opinions other then they want to know where and how much.

@Dolarrah‌ Hey... I don't want to sound like a silly goose here but these gatherings have traditionally been an opportunity for forumers and their close friends or partners to gather and catch up over drinks and an upscale meal. We'd love to have you and your +1 or even +2 join, but I'm afraid that an additional six people who don't participate in the forum community, especially when there are only 12 confirmed forumers, isn't really in the spirit of the gathering.

I hope you don't take it as any sort of an insult - I'd love to meet you and your wife, and I'm sure everyone else feels the same, but I've got to ask you to limit yourself to +1 or 2 folks who aren't forum members.

• Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    I can now confirm that we will be attending the dinner and then doing PAX on Sunday!
    Me and +1 to be explicit.

My body is ready.

You will recognize me by my dapper gear *tips fedora*.

large.jpg

I was out to dinner tonight with my parents and trying to convince them that I was gonna get cowboy boots and a bolo tie to go with my suit for the dinner, and in the course of it, I think I convinced myself I need to do it.