As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pinstorming [Pin Design Ideas]

• Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    Happendy wrote: »
    Can I has Starcraft pinnys please?
    I'd love for Blizzard to release a Diablo and a Starcraft Pinny for Heroes of Storm.

Check Pinnypal twitter.

• Options
    DegraineDegraine Pinsomniac Victoria, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I mentioned to Jerry last weekend that it would be awesome to have some Crawl pins - we gushed a bit about how awesome the game looks and he pointed out that Pinny Arcade doesn't have any pixel art pins yet. Inconceivable!!

I imagine the Crawl devs just want to get their game done at the moment though.

• Options
    HappendyHappendy Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    PedroAsani wrote: »
    Can I has Starcraft pinnys please?
    I'd love for Blizzard to release a Diablo and a Starcraft Pinny for Heroes of Storm.

Check Pinnypal twitter.

No. No. Absolutely not.
    I'm not buying any pins that aren't Pinny arcade. That's opening a can of worms and I wont be able to stop myself from buying ALL OF THE PINS

• Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Someone ahead of me at the pin trading event suggested to Jerry a brain squirrel pin.

He nodded polity.

• Options
    dmosineedmosinee Davenport, IARegistered User regular
    Sheriff Kemper for South please; 10 Gallon hat, silver star badge, and six-shooter at his side.

Digital Lanyard, I love trades - https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/dmosinee
    http://pinmash.info - Two pins enter, one pins leaves... then the other pin leaves with a lower Elo rating
  • Options
    QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
    I'm ready for the Aqusitions Inc interns pin set. I know, it's been said twelve dozen times, but I need more AQ in my life

• Options
    Geometric CubeGeometric Cube Registered User regular
    Degraine wrote: »
    I mentioned to Jerry last weekend that it would be awesome to have some Crawl pins - we gushed a bit about how awesome the game looks and he pointed out that Pinny Arcade doesn't have any pixel art pins yet. Inconceivable!!

I imagine the Crawl devs just want to get their game done at the moment though.

Crawl was a lot of fun to play at PAX AUS 14 and a Pinny would have been amazing.

• Options
    HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    What if there was an added bonus of getting into the PAX 10? Mike and Jerry pick a game out of the 10 and design a pin. Or, is there not enough time between the announcement and PAX to actually get them manufactured?

Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
  • Options
    adambargadambarg Forward the Pinglorious Basterds!Registered User regular
    Hingo wrote: »
    What if there was an added bonus of getting into the PAX 10? Mike and Jerry pick a game out of the 10 and design a pin. Or, is there not enough time between the announcement and PAX to actually get them manufactured?

Counting Kingdom pin would have been sweeet. Probably not enough runway to do it between Pax10 selection and the event itself, and I imagine that period is super-busy to begin with.

ChMDm4Y.png
  • Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Cant find it now but few days ago knoo tweeted that strip search dvd will go on sale holiday sale. My prediction is first buyers will get a bonus waste basket of broken dreams pin. Calling it here.

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Ayefkay wrote: »
    Cant find it now but few days ago knoo tweeted that strip search dvd will go on sale holiday sale. My prediction is first buyers will get a bonus waste basket of broken dreams pin. Calling it here.

I'd just be happy with a pin that said Cars + Cats and nothing more.

• Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Sorry Afay, Craiggle's wins.

• Options
    agentcooperagentcooper Brisbane, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    A pin of the "Funny Bear" from todays strip please :)

Let's trade: https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/agentcooper
    "Damn fine pins!"
  • Options
    JuicesirJuicesir The Boy with the D&D Tattoo Registered User regular
    I'm waiting for more musical artists to get their pins made. Love MC Frontalot, but maybe we can get Anamanaguchi and/or JoCo thrown in there? Or an official Paul and Storm pin?

• Options
    SennoSenno AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Some of those caricatures that the artists made for Stripsearch could make cool pins.

• Options
    evil santaevil santa To infinity...and beyond!Registered User regular

That was also mentioned in one of the Pinny Pals podcast by Pureval. I completely agree with the idea

Just a quick dream list for me - (Most of the games are too old though.. )
    Plants Vs Zombies
    Orcs Must Die (Unchained is currently in alpha/beta)
    Final Fantasy (Some of the Summons would be pretty hot)
    TF2
    Bioshock
    Elder Scrolls (Skyim Logo would be sweet)

That's all for now

Pinny Pals Profile

“I let out a battle cry. Sure, a lot of people might have mistaken it for a sudden yelp of unmanly fear, but trust me. It was a battle cry.”
  • Options
    Also, Thornwatch would be amazing as a pin set...Just saying...

Pinny Pals Profile

“I let out a battle cry. Sure, a lot of people might have mistaken it for a sudden yelp of unmanly fear, but trust me. It was a battle cry.”
  • Options
    I want a daughters/thornwatch pin set!

• Options
    Yeah, after how everyone reacted to Lookouts, and then how everyone reacted to Hanna, you have to think that they'll be putting some time and effort into Daughters/Thornwatch.

I want a set of four for Tithe. A new Hanna (maybe with her whistling), the Mother, a bigass pin of the Creature, and then a forest scene. I think there's a lot of room for scenery pins to be made, not necessarily featuring a character or object, but just having a neat little thing. The Lookouts pin would be the closest example. Maybe this idealized Daughters one could have rain, though I'm not sure how well that would work...

• Options
    I expect the Thornwatch Pins will be tied in to the Kickstarter when it materialises. More Daughters stuff is most likely when we get to go back to the Eyrewood.

• Options
    Kamelon wrote: »
    Also Holhog

Just spent half an hour making this:

YiGlQhO.png

A reminder that it has been a whole year and we still don't have a Holhog.

• Options
    I expect the Thornwatch Pins will be tied in to the Kickstarter when it materialises. More Daughters stuff is most likely when we get to go back to the Eyrewood.

What kickstarter? 0.o

• Options

What kickstarter? 0.o

I would like to know as well.

• Options
    They will most likely do a kickstarter to launch the Thornwatch game when its ready.

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    Yeah, I think they've even mentioned it once or twice. Wasn't it brought up at one of the Q&As at South?

Kickstarting is just how you do shit these days.

• Options
    Kickstarting is just what good waffles do.

• Options
    It was mentioned at the Pax Aus Thornwatch panel that they were likely to work through Kickstarter or a similar crowd funding service for when the game was likely to be released. Should be good :)

Pinny Pals Profile

• Options
    Pins aside, the game is great, got to play it at aus, cant wait :D

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    RaynerRayner Brisbane, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Not sure if these have been suggested or not...

Most would be Aus related (I think Aus needs a bit more Pins each year)

- A Good Game (Aussie Video Game TV Show) set, or single Pins, examples: logo, the presenters, or other things to do with Good Game, or Good Game SP (for Younger Gamers).
    - More Aussie Game Dev pins. I got to find out some awesome stuff about Tinman Games when I was getting their Pin, it would be cool to do that for more Devs.
    - Maybe some Table top devs, much like Greater then Games, but with other Companies.
    - I know it's not 100% Penny Arcade/PAX but Anime Pins would be cool.

Just a few ideas...

• Options
    HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    I keep hoping someday Katie will have pins made from the cats in this comic - http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2014/08/06/the-talk-by-katie-rice

Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
  • Options
    I wonder what the pin set will be that replaces Lookouts as fodder and when it will come out? Or will they instead reprint Lookouts? Has there been any word lately about the subject?

• Options
    Well, the Age of Empires one is pretty much the lowest fodder you can get outside of Lookouts these days. What an awful pin for such a wonderful game.

• Options
    Yea, but it isn't part of a set that can be cheaply (in terms of numbers) bought like the Lookouts set.

• Options
    2slayeru2slayeru Mount Gambier, South AustraliaRegistered User regular
    LOL a six pack of Age of Empires pins that's all we need

• Options
    I really don't get the AoE hate. Anyone able to explain it rationally?

• Options
    its the fishfishmonkeyhat of the pin world, nuff said

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    purevalpureval Somersworth, NH Registered User regular
    It is a common pin. They made it easy to get so no one really wants it. The castle one is not the greatest design.

• Options
    aleph0aleph0 Registered User regular
    I like comparing it to the Moonrise Kitzapp pin at Prime. Both were pretty easy to obtain, but I think the Kitzapp pin has the better design. Also, the Moonrise triple pin this year might also make the Kitzapp pin more attractive in terms of people wanting it.

• Options
    its the fishfishmonkeyhat of the pin world, nuff said

further proof

96npf4rme938.jpg

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    adambargadambarg Forward the Pinglorious Basterds!Registered User regular
    Since PAX show sets are the cheapest per-pin option, I guess that makes them the new fodder.

ChMDm4Y.png